Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,275 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (624905 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ogwashiukwu: 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2017
For CGFNS evaluation, all the information required are found on their website. The fee is $350 for CES report. I would advice you should concentrate on studying for the IELTS exam first as some recruitment agency like Avant can offer to bear the cost of your CGFNS evaluation on your behalf.
Some of my friends with Avant that didn't have the CES report before contacting Avant were processed at the expense of Avant.

O'grady peyton as I learnt can also bear the cost of your CGFNS evaluation as soon as you have your IELTS. To be frank with you, passing the IELTS exam is the major stumbling block here. Just pass the exam and see how recruitment agencies will in touch with you. But should you decide to do it yourself as my wife did, after creating an account on CGFNS portal and making a payment, a CGFNS ID number will be assigned to you and forms that you will send to your nursing school/s you attended together with the one to be sent to nursing & midwifery council in Abuja will be generated.

I can't really recall how much my wife paid at the nursing council then but ensure you go there with at least 15 to 20k to include postage. While it depends on the nursing school attended, my wife's school charged less than 10k for transcript and she paid 12k then for postage (i.e DHL or FEDEX).It didn't stop there, as CGFNS will still contact the school to verify the authenticity of the transcript sent to them and you still have to pay for the postage to send it back. I think in my wife's case, she paid for postage 3 times for each nursing school attended. In a nutshell, I would advice you set aside between 100 to 150k to accomplish this.

I believe this helps. Let me know if you need more clarifications.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2017
Olumike7:

Did you eventually get an answer to the question asked here?
Yes i did. We can work with our school of nursing certificate overseas. We may need some refresher courses depending on the state's requirements
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2017
ogwashiukwu:
I've taken my time to read through what must people have put so far, and I must say they're commendable. Permit me to say a little I know about Nurse's transition to the US, Canada, and Australia. Of the three countries, the US has the least requirement for English language proficiency.

The US requirement for IELTS exam is Speaking 7.0, and overall average score of 6.5, while Canada and Australia, you must have 7 in speaking, reading, writing and listening. There's no short cut for that.
To the best of my knowledge,passing the IELTS/TOEFL exam is the most excruciating and challenging hurdles that most Nigerian Nurses fear to face, and lest I forget, you MUST pass either of these exams in order to obtain a Visascreen after sitting for either nclex-RN exam or the CGFNS exam.

Never mind, let me go straight to the point. If you a Nigerian Nurse that intends or has an intent to migrate to the US to practice, this is what you need to do before contacting any recruitment agency.

1. Have an international passport for yourself and family members who are less than 21 years of age (i.e if you are married).
2. Have your nursing diploma/degree evaluated by the CGFNS.( this can take up to one year or less)
3. Sit and pass either IELTS or TOEFL exams.
4. Contact a recruitment agency.

Someone would ask, how did you know all these? Ok, let me tell how, my wife is a registered nurse, she has her RN from one of the nursing schools in Enugu state, had her RM and BSN from University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Yes, she did her CGFNS CES report and choose Florida board as h the state she would like to practice, and the report says her basic RN is comparable to the completion of a first -level general (Registered) nurse diploma program in the United States while, her BSC/BSN from UNN is comparable to the completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program in the United States. She started the process in October 2015 and the report was issued on September 2016. You see, it took almost 1 year to achieve that. Mind you, her transcripts were sent from both the basic nursing school and also from UNN. This project requires both time, calls and finances.

IELTS, the nightmare exam. I called it nightmare because my wife never like the exam. You know what? She had to sit for this exam 3 times, yes you heard me right, 3 times. The first time was on the 19 June, 2016 and her scores were Listening 7.5, reading 7.5, writing 7.5 and speaking 6.5. The second time was in November 19, 2016 and her scores were, listening 7, reading 6, writing 7.5 and speaking 6.5. In fact, on the second time she cried when she went for her result because she thought she did well. Now the third time was on the 11 February, 2017 and she made Listening 6.5, reading 6.0, writing 6.0 and speaking 7.0. Whao at last she made it, and met the US IELTS english requirement of Speaking 7.0 and overall band score of 6.5.

Recruitment agency, as it stands now, the agency that accepts Nigerian nurses in the USA that I know are Passport USA, Avant healthcare professional and O'grady Peyton international. As for Passport USA, they can only assist if you've written and passed either CGFNS exam or Nclex-rn exam, while Avant and O'grady peyton will not only accept you but would also help you to prepare for the Nclex-rn exam on one condition.
What's the condition? You will be tested/given a pre-screening exam for both english language proficiency(when you applied without english result) and basic nursing questions. When you pass the tests, a skype interview will be set up to ascertain your clinical experience and skills. If you are successful, a contract will be sent to you to sign and other things follow.
In the contract, Avant says you will work for them for 3 years while O'grady peyton says 2 years. Of course, the class of visa that will be issued to you and your immediate family if you are married is EB3 visa which is a green card.

My wife is presently with O'grady Peyton international after passing their 50 questions test in 1 hour 15 minutes and subsequent skype interview. Trust me these guys are professionals.Their response to mails are exceptional and always willing to help.

Please let me know if you have questions as I will be ever willing to assist.

Wow, Good job. Thank you for this comprehensive information. One question please, what is the pay per hour for o'grady Peyton?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ogwashiukwu: 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2017
barbiee:
Wow, Good job. Thank you for this comprehensive information. One question please, what is the pay per hour for o'grady Peyton?

Going by what the contract says, per hour pay is dependent on the hospital where the nurse will be working and the location/state in the US where the hospital is based,but the pay will not be less than $26 irrespective of the state.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Olumike7: 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
Happy Sunday to all in the house. May our efforts be crowned with good success. Please what version of the IELTS is needed for this United States BON Registration?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ogwashiukwu: 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
ogwashiukwu:

Going by what the contract says, per hour pay is dependent on the hospital where the nurse will be working and the location/state in the US where the hospital is based,but the pay will not be less than $26 irrespective of the state.
Olumike7:
Happy Sunday to all in the house. May our efforts be crowned with good success. Please what version of the IELTS is needed for this United States BON Registration?
Olumike7:

IELTS Academic module.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Olumike7: 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2017
ogwashiukwu:

IELTS Academic module.

Thank you, Ogwashiukwu.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Olumike7: 11:19am On Mar 22, 2017
@Barbiee,

please can you help with a contact at NMC Abuja? My wife's licensed has expired.

I hope you are making a reasonable progress too.

Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Simple16(f): 3:01pm On Mar 23, 2017
@Gratefulme40, I tried reaching you via whatsapp but no response. I need to find out something from you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 1:07am On Mar 24, 2017
Olumike7:
@Barbiee,

please can you help with a contact at NMC Abuja? My wife's licensed has expired.

I hope you are making a reasonable progress too.

Thank you.
send me a pm
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Olumike7: 7:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
barbiee:
send me a pm

Thanks Barbiee,

Sent just now.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Apple19: 1:42am On Mar 25, 2017
Good day all, pls I need help. My credentials are with CGFNS already for verification. I pray it comes back soon. My question is, since i will be travelling to write Nclex on my own (cos I have a US Visa). Will I still need to have this 100+ bed experience to get an agent to file for me and family (am married) after I passed the exam?

And for the veterance who have passed through it, what will you advice at this stage? As O'grady wants IELTS and am writing with Texas BoN that doesnt require this. Please kindly put me through. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Omotolale: 5:05am On Mar 25, 2017
Franksuccess:
Pips just a general advice any NRN coming to Australia as a students please be careful of agencies like PFL or BCIE. Unto masters in nursing. In most cases the program is useless as upon completion you will be unable to register with their board. Its best you do bsc graduate entry.
Don't be a victim
Also Chief Barbie how do I get my council certificate I graduated 2012.
Anyone in Brisbane who can help a friend and colleague out? She had been there for over one month, no job and she needs to pay school fees. She's studyin MPH at Queensland Univ
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Olumike7: 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2017
Apple19:
Good day all, pls I need help. My credentials are with CGFNS already for verification. I pray it comes back soon. My question is, since i will be travelling to write Nclex on my own (cos I have a US Visa). Will I still need to have this 100+ bed experience to get an agent to file for me and family (am married) after I passed the exam?

And for the veterance who have passed through it, what will you advice at this stage? As O'grady wants IELTS and am writing with Texas BoN that doesnt require this. Please kindly put me through. Thanks

Once you have passed NCLEX-RN, you stand a very good chance of getting a sponsor(employer). So focus on getting nxclex trashed.

Secondly, you will still have to meet the test of english requirement, in order to get your visa screen certificate but i will advise u to leave that for now. What you need now is to ensure you are able to get the Authorization To Test (ATT).

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by waterfas: 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2017
@ogwashiukwu
Please has your wife done her nclex exam?
If yes,when? Is it when she got to US or before going?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
barbiee sweetie, I sight you there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by ogwashiukwu: 5:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
waterfas:
@ogwashiukwu
Please has your wife done her nclex exam?
If yes,when? Is it when she got to US or before going?

She's yet to do that. She's scheduled for April pre-nclex preparatory class that will last for 5 months before sitting for the exam. She might be writing in the US as she already has a valid visa to the US.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by waterfas: 9:31pm On Mar 28, 2017
ogwashiukwu:

She's yet to do that. She's scheduled for April pre-nclex preparatory class that will last for 5 months before sitting for the exam. She might be writing in the US as she already has a valid visa to the US.
Ok, thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 7:02am On Mar 29, 2017
WellEndowed:

OET is a lot easier. I know this because people from non English speaking countries(Indians, Asians-with very poor English) wrote it once and smashed it. Out of curiosity, I downloaded OET sample questions and went through it. They asked questions related to nursing(you have to specify your profession when you apply. The questions is set on the exam date is tailored to meet your professions requirements). In fact I remember one question asked "Your client has just been put on Novorapid Insulin 20 units mane(morning) and nocte (night). She is confused as to why she has to be on Insulin and has asked you to explain to her why some diabetics use insulin to control their blood glucose level"...even a non-health care professional with common sense will nail it. OET isn't necessarily testing your knowledge of English, it's testing your knowledge of your chosen profession.
...but there's no centre for OET in Nigeria oh, or is there something I'm missing here?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Laird(m): 4:35am On Mar 30, 2017
Good Morning

Please I am a follower of this thread and I would like to ask some questions

1) Please what is the present average Nurse salary in @Dubai and @AbuDhabi

2) Do most Nursing jobs come with Accommodation

3)What's is the rent cost of a single self contained room in@dubai and @Abudhabi

4)What is the present exchange rate of Àed to Naira

5) The minimum job contract for Nurses is it 6 months or 2 years in @Dubai and @ Abu Dhabi

6) Is Nursing Prometric Exam for UAE presently written in Ghana

7) What is the average cost of living for a single nurse in @Dubai and @ Abu Dhabi...(rent, work transport, buying basic food)

Thank You and expecting Your Answers and contributions
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Feyideyinks: 9:35am On Mar 30, 2017
The question i have is that, did your wife write the nclex exam and how was her experience?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 8:47am On Mar 31, 2017
Laird:

Good Morning

Please I am a follower of this thread and I would like to ask some questions

1) Please what is the present average Nurse salary in @Dubai and @AbuDhabi

2) Do most Nursing jobs come with Accommodation

3)What's is the rent cost of a single self contained room in@dubai and @Abudhabi

4)What is the present exchange rate of Àed to Naira

5) The minimum job contract for Nurses is it 6 months or 2 years in @Dubai and @ Abu Dhabi

6) Is Nursing Prometric Exam for UAE presently written in Ghana

7) What is the average cost of living for a single nurse in @Dubai and @ Abu Dhabi...(rent, work transport, buying basic food)

Thank You and expecting Your Answers and contributions
Good morning, i don't work in dubai or Abu Dhabi but i have some idea about the nursing profession there, I will try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge. Please house correct me if I'm wrong.

1) The pay in Abu Dhabi is slightly higher than dubai but it should be within the range of 2500 to 3500 dirham for an RN with the basic 3 years nursing experience. The pay is higher with experience though.

2) Most of the jobs come with accommodation

3) check dubizzle.com for more details, the rent depends on how comfortable you choose to be. Bed space in a room usually goes for 400 to 700 dirham , a full self contain furnished with everything could take up your entire salary.

4) I'm not very sure of this answer, probably 80 something now.

5) 2 years.

6) you can write the pometric exam for dubai in Ghana that is if you want to work in dubai, but you can't write HAAD in Ghana which is needed if you want to work in Abu Dhabi

7) this depends on the lifestyle you choose to live when you get there, you can Decide to shop till you drop, live in a mansion, buy the latest gadgets and save nothing or you can decide to spend only when it's really necessary and save towards your goal.

I hope i answered your questions.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 8:50am On Mar 31, 2017
mamajaz:

...but there's no centre for OET in Nigeria oh, or is there something I'm missing here?
You are right.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Laird(m): 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
barbiee:
Good morning, i don't work in dubai or Abu Dhabi but i have some idea about the nursing profession there, I will try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge. Please house correct me if I'm wrong.

1) The pay in Abu Dhabi is slightly higher than dubai but it should be within the range of 2500 to 3500 dirham for an RN with the basic 3 years nursing experience. The pay is higher with experience though.

2) Most of the jobs come with accommodation

3) check dubizzle.com for more details, the rent depends on how comfortable you choose to be. Bed space in a room usually goes for 400 to 700 dirham , a full self contain furnished with everything could take up your entire salary.

4) I'm not very sure of this answer, probably 80 something now.

5) 2 years.

6) you can write the pometric exam for dubai in Ghana that is if you want to work in dubai, but you can't write HAAD in Ghana which is needed if you want to work in Abu Dhabi

7) this depends on the lifestyle you choose to live when you get there, you can Decide to shop till you drop, live in a mansion, buy the latest gadgets and save nothing or you can decide to spend only when it's really necessary and save towards your goal.

I hope i answered your questions.

Thank You so much Barbiee for answering my questions....I am very grateful

1) Please what would be the sverage cost of a single self contained room and parlour apartment in @ Abu Dhabi and @ Dubai

2) What salary can an R.N with 10 years experience and a matron expect to earn in @Abu Dhabi and @Dubai

3) For Abudhabi and Dubai nursing jobs with Accommodation, is the accommodation provided a bedspace or a single room or a self contained room

Thank You So Much and I would appreciate all answers and contributions from everyone. Thank You
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by finfol007(m): 10:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
Barbie....abeg....u be winch

Where u dey get all these experience nd info from naa
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 8:31am On Apr 01, 2017
finfol007:
Barbie....abeg....u be winch

Where u dey get all these experience nd info from naa
lol see this wizard don traced me reach here, grin grin i don't have to work there before i know na.. When you are passionate about something then you will find yourself researching and researching into it, plus i have some contacts there too. Happy new month

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 2:15pm On Apr 01, 2017
Laird:

Thank You so much Barbiee for answering my questions....I am very grateful

1) Please what would be the sverage cost of a single self contained room and parlour apartment in @ Abu Dhabi and @ Dubai

2) What salary can an R.N with 10 years experience and a matron expect to earn in @Abu Dhabi and @Dubai

3) For Abudhabi and Dubai nursing jobs with Accommodation, is the accommodation provided a bedspace or a single room or a self contained room

Thank You So Much and I would appreciate all answers and contributions from everyone. Thank You

1) please check dubizzle. You will get accurate prices there

2)it could range from 5000 to 10000.

3)it is a bedspace in a big house or villa. Everything is inclusive.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Laird(m): 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2017
barbiee:

1) please check dubizzle. You will get accurate prices there

2)it could range from 5000 to 10000.

3)it is a bedspace in a big house or villa. Everything is inclusive.

Thank You Barbiee....I appreciate all Your answers
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 10:12pm On Apr 01, 2017
Laird:

Thank You Barbiee....I appreciate all Your answers
you are welcome

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (219) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

Viewing this topic: IYIMAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.