Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,160 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (624882 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Omotolale: 11:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
Thank you so much. Can you please help me confirm? I've been a Nurse Educator for over 5 years now. What are my chances? I'm planning to write IELTS next month.
gratefulme40:

I think your clinical experience should be within the last 4 years. Not very sure.

As for your friend, there is no chance unfortunately. She needs to get 7 at least in all the bands
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by divinewill12: 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
Pls how do I know if CGFNS has declined my request for visacreen with my overall band score 7.0 but my speaking is 6.0.. I have already uploaded my report into my CGFNS profile but no response yet. My immigration petition is over halfway done.. Hope my visacreen would not be a delay when they call me from embassy
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2017
divinewill12:
Pls how do I know if CGFNS has declined my request for visacreen with my overall band score 7.0 but my speaking is 6.0.. I have already uploaded my report into my CGFNS profile but no response yet. My immigration petition is over halfway done.. Hope my visacreen would not be a delay when they call me from embassy
why don't you give them a call to find out your status?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 11:37am On Jul 20, 2017
enfield:
Hello precious nurses,
I am requesting for the soft copies of the nclex study materials.
A3710,and others that have received these materials please assist.Thank you.
Contact is awelespecial at gmail.com
have you received the materials?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 11:42am On Jul 20, 2017
Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria.

Professional Update Form

Professional Update Form (PUF) For Registered Nurses and Midwives

Instructions:

All categories of Nurses/Midwives are to complete and submit their online Professional Update Form(PUF)

Only one form should be completed by an individual Nurse/Midwife. Multiple forms are not allowed.

Names must be in FULL.

All Information Provided MUST be accurate.

All registered Nurses/Midwives must provide registration number(s) for all professional qualification(s) registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.

Registration number(s) MUST be alphanumeric while entering the data e.g. RN1234 or RM1234 (no dot, no space).

All registered Nurses/Midwives must provide their PIN as it appears on their licence except for Basic Midwives and Psychiatric Nurses with single professional qualification only.

Employment record must be current and accurate.

It would be assumed that Nurses/Midwives who do not complete this form are not registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.

The Professional Update Form(PUF) will be available from the 17th of July – 17th of October 2017.

You can access the form using the link below;

http://portal.nmcn.gov.ng/Nurses/add
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 11:43am On Jul 20, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)on PUF
1. *What is PUF?*
PUF means online Professional Update Form (PUF) For Registered Nurses and Midwives
2. *Why is Council doing PUF?*
This is to establish an electronic database of all records of Nurses and Midwives registered in Nigeria and to facilitate the commencement of online renewal of license
3. *Who are the people to complete the form?*
All categories of Nurses/Midwives are to complete and submit their online Professional Update Form(PUF)
4. *How many form am I expected to complete?*
Only one form should be completed by an individual Nurse/Midwife. Multiple forms are not allowed
5. *What information are required to complete this application?*
Required information are Personal details (such as names, date of birth, address etc), Registration numbers of all qualifications registration with NMCN, Schools attended, passport photograph, Personal Identification Number (PIN) on the license, Licence Expiry Date, employment record. Your Nursing/midwifery license and certificates contained all the required information
6. *What size of passport photograph is required?*
Passport Photo Not More Than 20kb, width: 130px, height: 182px and on Jpeg Format Only are required.
7. *Do I need to attach my scanned certificates to the application?*
No.
8. *Where do I get my Personal Identification Number (PIN)?*
All registered Nurses/Midwives must provide their PIN as it appears on their licence except for Basic Midwives and Psychiatric Nurses with single professional qualification only.
9. *Do I need my nursing or midwifery registration number to complete this application?*
Yes. All registered Nurses/Midwives must provide registration number(s) for all professional qualification(s) registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria. Registration number(s) MUST be alphanumeric while entering the data e.g. RN1234 or RM1234 (no dot, no space, no symbols such as -)?,#~(!-_/><@ ). Only the number is expected to be inserted.
10. *What happens if I choose not to complete the form?*
It would be assumed that Nurses/Midwives who do not complete this form are not registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
11. *For how long will this application be available online?*
The Professional Update Form (PUF) will be available from the 17th of July – 17th of October 2017.
12. *My License is expired. Can I still complete the PUF form?*
Yes. All categories of Nurses/Midwives are to complete and submit their online Professional Update Form (PUF)
13. *How secure is the Council’s portal?*
The NMCN portal is secured and contained required security protections in line with best global practices. This portal has been in use by Council since 2012 till date.
14. *Are Nurses and Midwives who registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria but are outside the Country affected too?*
Yes. All Nurses and Midwives anywhere in the world who registered with NMCN are to complete PUF application online.
For further enquiries or challenges on PUF application send an email to oafilade@nmcn.gov.ng OR nmcn.support@swglobal.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DFmum: 3:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
I thought these recruiters takes longer processes in all this, are they really straight forward in helping one? Ogardy Peyton sent me a mail to inform them whenever am ready to take their pre nursing assessment but have not replied since then. Please I need an advice, should I go on through them or do it myself. I don't want to waste this ielts result. Thanks
desy24444:
start from the beginning of the thread. Lots of good info but you could apply to avant or O'Grady Peyton with your ielts if you want to use a recruiter
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DFmum: 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
barbiee:
have you received the materials?
please I need the soft copy materials too nueleyo@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 11:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
DFmum:
I thought these recruiters takes longer processes in all this, are they really straight forward in helping one? Ogardy Peyton sent me a mail to inform them whenever am ready to take their pre nursing assessment but have not replied since then. Please I need an advice, should I go on through them or do it myself. I don't want to waste this ielts result. Thanks
it's true that the agencies take a long time but that is because they have a lot of applicants to attend to and they won't let you sit for nckex unless you are 101% sure of acing it plus they are shouldering all the expenses so you need to have a lot of patience when dealing with them. However it's faster if you decide to do it on your own ,you can pay for expedited service and get your report within 10 days after receipt of relevant documents but bear in mind that this route is expensive and you have the responsibility of preparing for nclex and passing it on your own which is entirely possible @iyiman is a testimony to that.
You can try out OGP if you are comfortable with waiting a bit longer if not, then do it yourself.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 12:19am On Jul 21, 2017
DFmum:
please I need the soft copy materials too nueleyo@gmail.com. thanks
Done
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 6:30am On Jul 21, 2017
barbiee:
it's true that the agencies take a long time but that is because they have a lot of applicants to attend to and they won't let you sit for nckex unless you are 101% sure of acing it plus they are shouldering all the expenses so you need to have a lot of patience when dealing with them. However it's faster if you decide to do it on your own ,you can pay for expedited service and get your report within 10 days after receipt of relevant documents but bear in mind that this route is expensive and you have the responsibility of preparing for nclex and passing it on your own which is entirely possible @iyiman is a testimony to that.
You can try out OGP if you are comfortable with waiting a bit longer if not, then do it yourself.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by JomaxGlobal: 6:35am On Jul 21, 2017
Thanks to all the contributors to this thread... you guys have done a fantastic and selfless job!

Please send soft copy of materials to jomaxglobal@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 6:36am On Jul 21, 2017
DFmum:
well, if you are going with an agency, you need to wear the robe of patience. Eg. Avant nclex prep takes 7 months of which you can do intense reading for one month and pass nclex. If you have the money, go on your own, it is almost impossible for recruitment agencies to reject you with nclex.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 8:12am On Jul 21, 2017
barbiee:
they don't shoulder all the cost. You pay some, they pay some eg you pay for transcript, verification, cost of ielts, visascreen and others.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by finfol007(m): 10:05am On Jul 21, 2017
barbiee:

Avant also pays for the expedited services for you....so with avant, still the same 10 days needed
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 11:51am On Jul 21, 2017
desy24444:
they don't shoulder all the cost. You pay some, they pay some eg you pay for transcript, verification, cost of ielts, visascreen and others.

Yes, you pay transcript and verification but all the agents I know will gladly pay your ielts and visascreen, and even prepare you for ielts, with materials. I don't know of any agent asking applicants to pay visascreen.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 12:11pm On Jul 21, 2017
IYIMAN:

Yes, you pay transcript and verification but all the agents I know will gladly pay your ielts and visascreen, and even prepare you for ielts, with materials. I don't know of any agent asking applicants to pay visascreen.
I know avant don't pay for ielts and visascreen( but they pay when they are doing promo). Share with me those that pay for ielts and visascreen please
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DFmum: 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
Thanks and God bless you
barbiee:
Done
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DFmum: 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
Can I apply for nclex without writing cgfns exam? If yes how is it done please.......
barbiee:
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
DFmum:
Can I apply for nclex without writing cgfns exam? If yes how is it done please.......
yes you can. Apply for cgfns credentials evaluation service report
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
desy24444:
I know avant don't pay for ielts and visascreen( but they pay when they are doing promo). Share with me those that pay for ielts and visascreen please

I see, good to know, I guess it's different rules for different situation/applicant.

Finfol007 ... Any input from your end?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DFmum: 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2017
Sorry if am asking too much, am very excited to hear this and am very very ready to start as soon as possible. Please I need to understand the whole processes involved. Or direct me to where it has been discussed before in this forum. Thanks alot
desy24444:
yes you can. Apply for cgfns credentials evaluation service report
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DFmum: 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2017
Where did you write your nclex when you were in naija?
P406:

I am told the requirements to sign up with passport USA is either a pass in Nclex or cgfns with an experience in at least a 100beds + hospital.
in my case, I had already passed nclex before I approached them, had an interview with them and then given a contract to sign.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2017
IYIMAN:

I see, good to know, I guess it's different rules for different situation/applicant.

Finfol007 ... Any input from your end?
I presume you have nclex already? Maybe the rule change when you don't have it
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
DFmum:
Sorry if am asking too much, am very excited to hear this and am very very ready to start as soon as possible. Please I need to understand the whole processes involved. Or direct me to where it has been discussed before in this forum. Thanks alot
there is an in-depth explanation in this thread. I think the beginning or so. So I suggest you start reading this thread from the beginning
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2017
[quote author=DFmum post=58685833] . there is an in-depth explanation in this thread. I think the beginning or so. So I suggest you start reading this thread from the beginning
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DFmum: 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2017
My international passport carries my husband's name, my nursing license carries my maiden name, if am filling the CGFNS CES Form which name will be used so that I don't make mistakes.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2017
DFmum:
My international passport carries my husband's name, my nursing license carries my maiden name, if am filling the CGFNS CES Form which name will be used so that I don't make mistakes.

Since you're married, I will suggest you use your current name, there's always space for maiden name in any official form.... Hope you've done official change of name with paper publication too. Try to effect name change with NMC too.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by spicyritie: 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2017
barbiee:
Done
please I also need the soft copy... My email is spicyritie@gmail.com Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by spicyritie: 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
IYIMAN:

please can you state those agencies? The ones different from avant and OGP. I have my IELTS and plan to register for CGFNS next month. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by spicyritie: 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2017
DFmum:
please how long did you wait before you got a reply after sending your ielts report form? They requested for my ielts report form which I sent about a month ago but I'm yet to get a reply from them. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (219) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.