Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (626563 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2016
MPVGoddess:

I had a chat with them that's all
ok, please send me the contact. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by TheArchangel(f): 6:58pm On Sep 01, 2016
Contact17, get your ass in here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2016
TheArchangel:
Contact17, get your ass in here.

I have arrived grin grin.

Following the thread grin grin
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 03, 2016
What type of advance education does one need to become a nurse manager? Does a person need to take a course in BA or are there specific courses to study?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2016
Contact17:
What type of advance education does one need to become a nurse manager? Does a person need to take a course in BA or are there specific courses to study?
I think you need a masters degree and some years of experience. 5 years and above. Nurse managers are the matrons in the ward.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kessel: 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2016
Why are nurse managers still referred to as matron in hospital especially private hospitals, tot dt title wz replaced wt CNO?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 9:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
STEP 1

Update personal information

*First (Given) Name:

*Middle Name: only provide a middle name if its included in all your credentials

*Last (Family/Surname) Name:

*Name Before Marriage:

*Other Name:

*Email Address:

*Text Message Number:

*Date of Birth:

*Marital Status:

*Country of Birth:

*Current Citizenship:

*Your United States Social Security Number: Another reason i picked Texas is because a SSN is not required for foreign nurses

*Native Language: English

*Desired Professional Area: Registered Nurse

*How would you like to receive correspondence?: E-Mail

*Would you like to receive CGFNS News updates?: Yes

*Intended U.S. State of practice: Texas

*Are you affiliated with a recruiter?: No

*I recently worked in the country: Nigeria

*I recently worked in the City / State / Province: Delta

*I recently worked in the profession: Registered Nurse

*I worked at this job for how many years?: I wrote 2 years working experience. If you graduated within the last 4 years and you don't have the 2 years experience then there is no problem You can write Nclex. If you did not graduate within the last 4 years and you don't have the working experience then you have to do a refresher course first before writing nclex.

*How did you learn of CGFNS/ICHP's Credentials Evaluation Service?
Other (Please explain): State licensure board

*Why did you select CGFNS/ICHP over another organization for your Credentials Evaluation Service?: Cgfns Reputation

*May CGFNS contact you to discuss your transition
to practicing in the United States? Yes

*May CGFNS send you text messages? Yes

Click on save and proceed to step 2

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
STEP 2. CONTACT INFORMATION

Applicant Mailing Address
*Mail All Correspondence Here: Mark this box. This means your final report will be sent to this address. I used a permanent house address (my parents house not where i currently live) so that i won't worry about changing addresses in my application incase i move to somewhere else.

*Street Address 1:

*Street Address 2: leave blank

*Street Address 3: leave blank

*P.O. Box: leave blank Unless you have one.

*City:

*State Province:

*Postal Zip Code: Google the zip code number closest to the mailing address you provided

Alternate Address
I used my current house address here.
*Mail All Correspondence Here: Don't Mark this box

*Street Address 1:

*Street Address 2: leave blank

*Street Address 3: leave blank

*P.O. Box: leave blank

*City:

*State Province:

*Postal Zip Code:

*Delete This Address: Don't Mark this box

Telephone/Fax Numbers

Area or City Code number
*Home: 234

*Phone Number: remove the first 0 in front of your number e. g 8012345678

*Business:

*Fax: leave blank

*Cell: leave blank

Click Next. You will receive an email from cgfns almost immediately for phone number confirmation. Now you can move to step 3.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 9:20pm On Sep 13, 2016
STEP 3: EDUCATION REVIEW

In this step, you will need to provide information about the schools you attended. There are four categories or types of schools CGFNS needs to know about:

*Primary schools

*Secondary schools

*Professional schools : This includes your nursing and midwifery schools. Only your nursing school education is evaluated by cgfns. They don't need your midwifery, A and E, peri op post basic certificates so save yourself the time and money needed to send them over because they won't be acknowledged. Focus only on your nursing credentials and forget your other qualifications.

*post secondary non professional schools : This includes training that is not related to health care.

STEP 4: EDUCATION OVERVIEW

Click on add Primary school.

*Name of School Attended:

*Street Address: leave blank if you are not sure of the address

*City:

*Month and Year Entered: Check your school testimonial to be sure

* Month and Year Completed: Check your school testimonial to be sure

*Name of Diploma or Certificate: Primary school leaving certificate

*My Name Used when Attending School:
(if different from current name)

*Has this school closed or merged with another school?:

*Name of New School:

Click on save

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 9:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
STEP 4 CONTINUATION

After adding your Primary school education, go ahead to add your secondary school education.

Add secondary education

*Name of School Attended:

*Street Address: check your testimonial to be sure

*City:

*Month and Year Entered: Check your testimonial to be sure

*Month and Year Completed: Check your testimonial to be sure

*Month and Year of Graduation: same as month and year completed

*Name of Diploma or Certificate : senior secondary school certificate

*My Name Used when Attending School: leave blank Unless the name used was a different name

*Has this school closed or merged with another school?: No

*Name of New School:

Click on save

Add post secondary school if necessary. I ignored mine and went to professional school next.

Click on Add professional school

Add professional education

*Name of the School Attended: Do not abbreviate. Write it as it is in your certificate

*Street Address:

*City: Warri

*State/Province:

*Professional Title Obtained: Registered Nurse

*Did you earn a diploma/degree from this school?: Yes

*Name of Diploma or Certificate: Registered Nurse certificate

*My Name Used when Attending School:

*Month and Year Entered:

*Month and Year Completed: for those that passed in 2 sittings or more, Write down what is in your certificate/testimonial and not when you wrote the first Nursing council exam.

*Has this school closed or merged with another school?: No
Name of New School:

Click on save

Now that you have completed step 4 Click next to move to step 5

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
STEP 5: PROFESSIONAL LICENSE INFORMATION

* Do you have a license : Yes. If you don't have one, you will have to write to cgfns explaining why you were not given a license after Nursing school.

After clicking yes, the page will refresh itself and generate other questions.

*Select State/Province (Australia, Canada, India and the United States only): No available State or Province

*Provide the Title of your Registration License: Registered Nurse. Do not be tempted to pick registered Nurse Midwife or other titles because you will cause problems for yourself since you are sticking to only your general nursing education and they will receive only your nursing transcripts.

*Other Professional title: leave blank

*Is this license a lifetime practice license?: Yes

*License Issue: Month, Day and Year: check your notification letter

*License Expiration: Month, Day and Year: Ensure that your license is not expired

*Registration/License Number: R. N 000000

*Name used when Registration/License was Issued: use the name on your license

*If your country does not issue a license, does your diploma give you the right to practice?: No

*If YES, enter Diploma Number: Leave blank

*Licensed By: National / Provincal / State Exam

*What is the status of your license?: Active

*Does your country of education require licensure for your profession?: Yes

*If your license has ever been restricted or suspended or revoked please explain: Leave blank

Click on save
Click on Next

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 9:30pm On Sep 13, 2016
STEP 6: SELECT CREDENTIALS IN REPORT.

In this step, you have to choose the credentials you want to send to cgfns.

Under license information, Click on Registered Nurse
Under transcript information, Click on your school of nursing

Click[b] Next[/b]

STEP 7: CREDENTIAL EVALUATION INFORMATION

This includes confirming the recipient/recipients you want the cgfns report to be sent to.

Click Next.

STEP 8: TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CGFNS CONNECT CREDENTIALS EVALUATION SERVICE

Read it through then Click Next.

STEP 9: ATTESTATION

I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Credentials Evaluation Service outlined in Step 8. I certify that all information that CGFNS International has received as a part of this order now or in the past from me or from a third party on my behalf, is true and complete. I also certify that all documents which have been submitted to CGFNS for any purpose have not been falsified, altered or tampered with by any person. I understand that CGFNS and others will rely on this order and on the documents and information submitted, and that if any of the items are falsified, altered or tampered with, or if I alter a CGFNS Certificate or a CGFNS Report or misrepresent a copy as an original, CGFNS may take such disciplinary action against me as it deems appropriate, and the consequences could adversely affect my professional license, immigration status, employment and other matters, from which I release CGFNS from all liability.I authorize CGFNS to disclose the information and documents in this order, the status of my CGFNS Certificate, any reports or evaluations prepared by CGFNS, any other information obtained by CGFNS, and the results and reasons for any adverse action taken against me by CGFNS, to any person or organization I designate in writing or to any other recipient which CGFNS may determine has a legitimate interest in receiving the same, such as government agencies and potential employers. In submitting this order electronically, I affirm that by selecting the appropriate button below, my electronic signature is intended to be legally binding.

*I agree with and have read the above attestation: Click yes

Click Next

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 8:22am On Sep 14, 2016
thanks for all these...i appreciate your efforts Barbie.
My wife just passed cgfns and is about taking IELTS.
What are her options...like does she have to go for Canada or are there any quicker routes..like Australia, New Zealand and USA, she presently is working as a nurse in UAE and has a bachelor degree but really doesn't have much post baccalaureate experience as she has used her SON Nursing license to work for over 10 years.

Please advise us..thank you
barbiee:
STEP 6: SELECT CREDENTIALS IN REPORT.

In this step, you have to choose the credentials you want to send to cgfns.

Under license information, Click on Registered Nurse
Under transcript information, Click on your school of nursing

Click[b] Next[/b]

STEP 7: CREDENTIAL EVALUATION INFORMATION

This includes confirming the recipient/recipients you want the cgfns report to be sent to.

Click Next.

STEP 8: TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CGFNS CONNECT CREDENTIALS EVALUATION SERVICE

Read it through then Click Next.

STEP 9: ATTESTATION

I agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Credentials Evaluation Service outlined in Step 8. I certify that all information that CGFNS International has received as a part of this order now or in the past from me or from a third party on my behalf, is true and complete. I also certify that all documents which have been submitted to CGFNS for any purpose have not been falsified, altered or tampered with by any person. I understand that CGFNS and others will rely on this order and on the documents and information submitted, and that if any of the items are falsified, altered or tampered with, or if I alter a CGFNS Certificate or a CGFNS Report or misrepresent a copy as an original, CGFNS may take such disciplinary action against me as it deems appropriate, and the consequences could adversely affect my professional license, immigration status, employment and other matters, from which I release CGFNS from all liability.I authorize CGFNS to disclose the information and documents in this order, the status of my CGFNS Certificate, any reports or evaluations prepared by CGFNS, any other information obtained by CGFNS, and the results and reasons for any adverse action taken against me by CGFNS, to any person or organization I designate in writing or to any other recipient which CGFNS may determine has a legitimate interest in receiving the same, such as government agencies and potential employers. In submitting this order electronically, I affirm that by selecting the appropriate button below, my electronic signature is intended to be legally binding.

*I agree with and have read the above attestation: Click yes

Click Next

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 8:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
Tunjinodaysoff:
thanks for all these...i appreciate your efforts Barbie.
My wife just passed cgfns and is about taking IELTS.
What are her options...like does she have to go for Canada or are there any quicker routes..like Australia, New Zealand and USA, she presently is working as a nurse in UAE and has a bachelor degree but really doesn't have much post baccalaureate experience as she has used her SON Nursing license to work for over 10 years.

Please advise us..thank you
since she already passed cgfns why can't she just continue with usa? Or if you want a different country, try Canada it's easier to get permanent residency there.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 7:27am On Sep 15, 2016
barbiee:
since she already passed cgfns why can't she just continue with usa? Or if you want a different country, try Canada it's easier to get permanent residency there.

Ok after ielts what next should she do?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kaffy4bill(f): 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
Tunjinodaysoff:

Since she passed cgfns already,try avant healthcare professionals.
Google and find out more abt them
They are recruiting for US
Hope this helps
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
kaffy4bill:

Since she passed cgfns already,try avant healthcare professionals.
Google and find out more abt them
They are recruiting for US
Hope this helps

Hi...thank you. I appreciate. Is it only avant Are there other recruiters you know. Please advise

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kessel: 2:17am On Sep 26, 2016
Someone with over 2years work experience can check to see if anything he/she can be successful with any of this USA recruitment firm

http://m.shusterman.com/recruitmentfirms/

God will bless our hustle oo,if naija no wan take us serious,we better look for where we wld be taken serious

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by kessel: 8:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
@ barbie, I believe ur above narration is about CGFNS.
Please can u tell me a little abt ds,my mind has always been focused on NCLEX. This CGFNS is it like NCLEX?
Am I going to write any exam after uploading my document nd payment of the $350?

The thing dey confuse me small

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 11:53am On Sep 27, 2016
Thanks
kessel:
Someone with over 2years work experience can check to see if anything he/she can be successful with any of this USA recruitment firm

God will bless our hustle oo,if naija no wan take us serious,we better look for where we wld be taken serious
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by fashrules: 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2016
hello everyone, especially the veterans here. Good job I see you doing here to assist interested persons.

My wife is a registered nurse and midwife here and has been working in hospitals since 2010. She also finished her BNSc this year. Recently we have been pondering on the possibility for her to travel overseas to work as a registered nurse. Please advise on which of these countries (US, Canada, UK, Australia) is an ideal destination i.e in terms of professional exams and licencing processing, duration of process, costs and other evaluation/conversion processes. Is her prospect quite bright?
Of what relevance and level of acceptance is WES in Canada and US, cos someone recently told me about this.
How would you advise we start the process towards her immigration.

I need you help and advise folks, would be expectant.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 10:06am On Oct 03, 2016
Hi barbie
thanks for this thread.
-I would like to start my processing for texas also and I would like to know how to contact the board or if I am to go straight to CGFNS.
-Secondly which type of evaluation do I need for texas
-where else apart from the us cam one write nclex
-how do I get study material for nclex

Pls send me ur email address. .....thanks chief
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
Tunjinodaysoff:

hi, sorry i have been away for so long. I believe kaffy4bill has answered your question. I hope you were able to contact the company she suggested..
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
kessel:

thanks for this link

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

Viewing this topic: gexcellence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.