Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? (47575 Views)

Beautiful Mother Of 2 Marries A Young Igbo Man (Pics) / Hefty Looking Man Marries A Young Lady,Photos Got People Talking(pics) / What Is The Average Cost Of Funeral (Burial) In Nigeria And Important Checklist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Sharrap jare! U guys r fake, I made several whatsapp enquiries and I was ignored. They should ban u sef
na no go kill person with laugh for Nl grin

Try calling them naw or u try the whatsapp message again
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
N200,000

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by ademoladeji(m): 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
Marriage Marriage Marriage...

For me, I wld like to have a wedding with not more than 100 persons as guests.

With that, the reception hall comes into play. How much to rent a Hall? The decoration?

How much food and drinks? The caterer? The rings? The cake? The groom's attire? The bride's wears? The Bride price? etc.

With all these, I think having an average of 600k-950k should be okay.

All I can say conclusively is that I shld at least have in reserve 1.5 of total amount to be spent for the wedding. That is, if I'm to spend #500,000, I shld still have extra #1,500,000 in my wallet because the real hustle starts after the ceremony!

Thank You

5 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
agarawu23:
na no go kill person with laugh for Nl grin

Try calling them naw or u try the whatsapp message again

They r not real
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Chukazu: 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
I always ask myself, why should couples always have wedding reception?
where one drunken comedian would be cracking some silly jokes,and pple who wouldn't matter to me in ten years down the line would then eat, drink and laugh hysterically?

every man to his tent abeg.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by jaybee3(m): 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
omooba969:

You sef dey here grin ex-commandos everywhere. cool

Identify yourself sharpish
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by teemy(m): 8:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
@agarawu23 it depends on the population you are trying to impress. with just my pastor and three other friends as witnesses after an hour at the registry we were man and wife after an overall expenditure of less than 10k for form and refreshments.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Plateevent(m): 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
To start with any Events Planning work First thing Is I asks the bearer what his or her budget is and does he want the package to be. This wil give us a guide line to where to start from. A good wedding planner does bills first. Thus, your pocket determines the planing level.
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by RexTramadol1: 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
Well, I honestly don't think of a definite budget

All my billionaire(naira) friends will make it easier for me

Cos I'll be a billionaire(dollars)

Don't ask me how!
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

They r not real
try the op of this thread.https://www.nairaland.com/2862648/budget-wedding-n900k-350-guests she is a patient Lady and ready to welcome you.
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Omeny: 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
cruzita:
if the girl is from any other part of Nigeria ,maybe 200k will be enough but if she is from Igbo my dear,500k will be manageable because they are EXPENSIVE

That's how u pple go about tarnishing pples image and calling for unnecessary insults!

If u never mention tribes and sentiments then ur mama no born u well be that, Abi?

Continue with ur baseless lies!

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by bamia01(m): 8:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
Pple dat laugh diz matter off...will soon realise wat it takes to b a man wen ur tym of wedding comes... As for me oooo....200k to 250k is enof...[color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by omooba969(m): 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2016
anumide:
walahi if you lemme ehn, I will say the vows in our parlour and collect all the money people want to spend. snap mind blowing pictures and share the grace. that money will help pay for PhD mehn.

Correct chick! wink

Will you marry me? cool
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Taiwo20(m): 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2016
Eyekandi:

I'm interested too

I really want a lowkey wedding but I'd love to equip my home and save up for coming of kids, more important to me.

#Alert
#Wife material !
#2.1bn yards

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by BISIXCLUSIVE: 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
[quote author=funnynation post=41978712]
I swear ur thinking is very pure like ur beauty.. Most of our girls don't always think like dat[/quote
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by kachnov(m): 8:34pm On Jan 14, 2016
Try and plan for your wedding ahead of time,conclude all traditional rights and out source your cooking to trusted relatives/caterer friends and you'll be fine.

If you can. instruct online,see my signature.
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by BISIXCLUSIVE: 8:34pm On Jan 14, 2016
funnynation:

I swear ur thinking is very pure like ur beauty.. Most of our girls don't always think like dat
Thnks for the comment, girls ar not equal u knw? U are not bad too. grin grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Drgleave: 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
RexKexMilann:
Well it depends on the specs of the lass I want to marry...

Nicki minaj's type --- €2,000,000.
Any other type --- €500,000.

undecided

Nicki Minaj type like how?
Do you mean the Nicki without plastic implants or with plastic implants?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by EmmaOgbu(m): 8:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
I did my Traditional Marriage last month in 042. I budgeted 450k and it was sufficient. My wedding will soon hit ground but it going to be between friends and my family. My TM was more than average. Thank God

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
Taiwo20:

#Alert
#Wife material !
#2.1bn yards

hope it isn't a dasuki material sha tongue

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Kassidy90(m): 8:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
My Introduction is coming up this sunday planning to do my Traditional marriage with nikkhai by April and i dnt plan to spend more 350 - 400k God help me

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by creamylicious(f): 8:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
mayorkyzo:
As a young man if u can save up to 4-500k it's more than enough for a low key wedding...the marriage life is more important than the wedding ceremony...
omor you lie ooooooooo...... If the girl's family can spend close to 400k from their own end for a church wedding and traditional marriage done on the same day, the guy gotta spend more than that.
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Drgleave: 8:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
Chuk Vunderkind and Drgleave:

So how much should an average guy budget for his wedding ?

A wedding doesn't cost money: It the reception that costs money.
As for me, i do my wedding nd everyone goes home. Reception will be till further notice.

cool
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Greataausim(m): 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
RexKexMilann:
Well it depends on the specs of the lass I want to marry...

Nicki minaj's type --- €2,000,000.
Any other type --- €500,000.
undecided
No b eh NIMASSA boss go use 17.8millions arms procuments deals frm his own shares go sponpsor his brother in-law wedding?wink
#facts on ground# undecided click like if ah dey lie, click share if na true

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Kassidy90(m): 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
creamylicious:
omor you lie ooooooooo...... If the girl's family can spend close to 400k from their own end for a church wedding and traditional marriage done on the same day, the guy gotta spend more than that.
what re dey spending 400K on.....seriously if not that people will tag someone as being broke or stingy i dnt see the reason why someone should up to 400k on a day event..in this state of our economy

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
For me the ceremony is secondary, however in Delta you should budget atleast 500k as long as you want to host marriage party.
As potable as my marriage ceremony was, i spent 483k+. That is minus 39k my bros used to buy some drinks for me. It all depends on what you want but in order to avoid embarrassment, please prepare yourself for it.
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by travelpoint: 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
mayorkyzo:
As a young man if u can save up to 4-500k it's more than enough for a low key wedding...the marriage life is more important than the wedding ceremony...
For someone making 18 to 50k, 400k will be too much. He will need more than 10 years to save that amount.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by agarawu23(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
Drgleave:
cool
hmmm
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by TONYE001(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
To cut off cost, have your traditional and white weddings done the same day.

The traditional may be medged with the reception.

I did mine like this.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
emmijes3:
I don't see why you should worry about the ceremony itself.....just cos u asked,I think 100 k would be enough
grin.....dearest omo na akara nd ogi you dey plan serve guest....babe....lol.... grin....on a more serious note, when you ready to get married, parents (bothside) big aunties, uncles egbons plus u and ur babe....at least 1m.....that 100k na 10 bottles of wine o.....lol....but.....God is always there...
Re: How Much Should A Young Average Man Budget To Marry His Dream Girl? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
cruzita:
if the girl is from any other part of Nigeria ,maybe 200k will be enough but if she is from Igbo my dear,500k will be manageable because they are EXPENSIVE

You should have used the word greedy. They see marriage (dowry) as a lucrative biz. More female child, more money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Twins Are Plus1 Today I'm Happy Single Father (pictures) / Ghanaian Groom's Lover Storms His Wedding In A Wedding Gown (Video) / Bridegroom Arrested In Ghana Over Robbery Allegations as Bride Fainted (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.