Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES (25710 Views)

Will Ambode’s 5000 New BRT Buses Solve The Lagos Traffic Challenge? (see PHOTOS) / Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos / The New BRT Fare Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:02am On Jan 15, 2016
doveda:

Tapping might be old but it is better than the UK's method. We use the tapping method in Belgium. A single ticket lasts for an hout, that means you can join another bus with the same ticket instead of buying another ticket embarassed

Dude you are funny, far back as 2004, I could buy a bus pass for a whole day, week or month and it would work all over London, I am talking about some 11 years ago and back then it wasn't a new thing, it's very convenient and easy so belgium dude, we are saying the think, you can use one bus daily bus card on different buses from hackney wick, to london fields, down to oxford field, down to perckam with different, I am happy it is being introduced in my country, hopefully it is maintained and we all get to enjoy it, it would make transportation easy and stress free, am yet to take on the new c.m.s to ketu brt buses tho

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:06am On Jan 15, 2016
mrlaw93:
I no sure say u get sense ooo
oooo you took the words out of my mouth, I am seriously vexing for u for doing that, that guy brain dey backdated that's why him dey reason that way

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:21am On Jan 15, 2016
Dhavido:
Please oh! Whats the closet BRT bus stop to yabatech?
I dropped at Fadeyi the two times I've gone there and the distance from the to the school is a bit long.
Please don't call me JJC as I reside in ikorodu

Guy no three ways about it, you be JJC. That has been the way for more than 5 years now
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:21am On Jan 15, 2016
Dhavido:
Please oh! Whats the closet BRT bus stop to yabatech?
I dropped at Fadeyi the two times I've gone there and the distance from the to the school is a bit long.
Please don't call me JJC as I reside in ikorodu

Guy no three ways about it, you be JJC. That has been the way for more than 5 years now and it is the closest to Yabatech, WAEC, and Unilag
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:24am On Jan 15, 2016
LydayBobo:
Nice One. Am not sure of the number 2 though. I drove from Enugu to Lagos on 27 of Dec, really tired so I decided to park my car at a friend's place somewhere in Magodo. The following morning I took Keke to Ketu to join the BRT to VI. I bought the ticket that was issued to me electronically few minutes past 7am, but the bus didn't show up on time so I bought another ticket for 120k cos I was in a hurry with the hope that I can use it as return ticket. To my amazement the Ticketer refused to allow me to board cos my ticket has expired. I even asked her to check the time it was issued she refused bluntly. That was around few minutes past two pm same day oooo. My brother the ticket follow me back to the East...uselessly

Lol .. Hehehe bro I feel for you tho that's lasgidi for you, most of us BRT addicts know the way it goes

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:29am On Jan 15, 2016
ikorodureporta:

...so, itz because of thez blue BRT buses that the Lagos state government hav devised several means to frustrate the people of Ikorodu so as to patronise their buses?

...Since they opened the BRT lanes frm mile12 to ikorodu, they'v barred the Red BRT buses from using it. Getting to mile12, down to tbs, they'v also restricted d former blue buses...

Now, they are carrying out a repaving @ mile12. Instead of them to bring in ready-made paves and install there due to the volume of traffic around there, they brought in the cement mixer truck & barricaded the road that isnt wide enuf... Imagine, boarding red BRT frm Igbogbo it took more than four hours to get to Ikeja. As if itz not enuf, they now altered the traffic light @ ogolonto, making the traffic every evening to extend beyond NNPC & SO filling stations - sometin we neva saw since the road was upgraded. Must we all patronise your buses?
The buses u provided is like 1/10th of what we need....

Whosoeva is responsible for this sh*t is CURSED! sad sad sad

cool
ikorodureporta:

...so, itz because of thez blue BRT buses that the Lagos state government hav devised several means to frustrate the people of Ikorodu so as to patronise their buses?

...Since they opened the BRT lanes frm mile12 to ikorodu, they'v barred the Red BRT buses from using it. Getting to mile12, down to tbs, they'v also restricted d former blue buses...

Now, they are carrying out a repaving @ mile12. Instead of them to bring in ready-made paves and install there due to the volume of traffic around there, they brought in the cement mixer truck & barricaded the road that isnt wide enuf... Imagine, boarding red BRT frm Igbogbo it took more than four hours to get to Ikeja. As if itz not enuf, they now altered the traffic light @ ogolonto, making the traffic every evening to extend beyond NNPC & SO filling stations - sometin we neva saw since the road was upgraded. Must we all patronise your buses?
The buses u provided is like 1/10th of what we need....

Whosoeva is responsible for this sh*t is CURSED! sad sad sad

Bro I feel your pain
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by Exxit(m): 2:39am On Jan 15, 2016
gameboy727:
Do we have buses with such features here in Nigeria? If not how e take help us now?

undecided undecided undecided
learn to appreciate.
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by tpiah2: 3:19am On Jan 15, 2016
Whizkeey:
1. Don't forget to pray

2. Don't forget to tap ur pocket in case of missing phone

Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by blessedqueen(f): 8:31am On Jan 15, 2016
Addicted2Women:
I wanna know how people in Lagos get their BRT bus ticket.
Here in the U.S when you get into the bus you put in the exact money into the machine inside the bus and the machine will give you a ticket which will last for 1 day.

Or you can go to the bus station and buy any type of ticket you want, a day ticket or a week ticket or a month ticket.

Abi ooo....help me tell dem
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by Emeka71(m): 9:25am On Jan 15, 2016
ify2016:
Most times,the rate at which some passengers behave while boarding BRT buses are so alarming that some go to the extent of sleeping, thereby forgetting when they have gotten to their initial destinations.
Ever since the operation of the fully new air conditioned buses within Lagos metropolitan city began, virtually 99% percent of Lagosians have resorted in patronizing them; maybe due to comfort and subsidized transport fare.
So, because of several complaints by passengers, I have personally made out time to advise people on what do avoid while patronizing this new BRT buses.
1: DON'T JUMP THE QUEUE: Please, no matter how placed in the society you may be, kindly respect yourself and abide by the queue order. Most times when you see a long queue, just wait patiently until it get to your turn. Any attempt by violating this order may lead to your harassment either by the long awaited passengers or security guards. Just humble yourself and vamoose from the area because you won't believe how much insult you will receive.
2: DON'T BUY TICKET AHEAD OF NEXT DAY: Funny as it may sound, some people most times buy ticket ahead of next day without knowing that it expires 24hrs of purchase. This is to avoid dubious means by few hands in printing tickets that has similar resemblance with the new one. As soon as you purchase your ticket, bear in mind that you can't use it the next day.
3: TRANS LOADING: Many a times passengers complain that why should Busman take them into another bus without proper information. Please, bear in mind that busmen don't apply all rout withing their jurisdictions. If you are told to alight so that you will transfered to the next bus going to Ikorodu for instance, just be patient and allow the Busman to do so. In the absent of bus man action, kindly bring on the attention of security personnel within the premises for easy trans load.
4: DON'T FORGET TO PRESS ALIGHT BUTTON: I know that sometimes air condition bus or car makes someone sleep, but please no matter how weak you may be, just inform anyone next to you to alert you when thet get to certain bus stop. This is to avoid the story that touches the heart. Kindly press the warning bell before the bus stop and press the second time 6 seconds before your final destination.
5: DON'T FORGET YOUR BELONGINGS: Why on earth should some people even forget foodstuff they went to market to buy with their hard earn money. One handsome guy was telling me the other day that he forgot his CPU and the said he forgot his Laptop. Some women even forget hand bag with many things on it. Please, try and keep your belongings like a baby with you to avoid the story that touches the heart. Most of the strong reported lost times have not been found maybe because some criminals near to the victim who may have taken advantage of that situation.
6: DON'T FORGET TO TAP OUT WHEN ALIGHTING: Some people are so careless that immediately they alight they forget to tap out. Please, the card you are using can help you mar you if you are careful. As soon as get you your final destination, just kindly tap out because failure to do so will amount to your balance being withdrawn. I don't know why it is so but as soon as you get your card, don't fail to tap out because you might see your account empty next time.

I believe that,with this little information ,you can enjoy a smooth journey withing Lagos metropolitan city.

CC: lalasticlala
You must be a BRT expert.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by Dhavido(m): 11:01am On Jan 15, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Guy no three ways about it, you be JJC. That has been the way for more than 5 years now and it is the closest to Yabatech, WAEC, and Unilag
lol, as if say na only that side be Lagos.
Abeg tell me the closet BRT bus stop to Imota
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by Omeny: 11:57am On Jan 15, 2016
Omotaday:
and how can som1 get the card?

Ask the ticketers of the New BRT! They will either sell for U if they have it there or tell U where to go get one!
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by ify2016: 1:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
[quote author=airmirthd1 post=41976064]Come back here ....... Come and explain tap out jare[/quota
TAP OUT: Passengers are given card with ATM resemblance especially on demand. The card is sold@ 250 naira which you will be expected to recharge when is exhausted.The reason why this card is made available to subscribers is to ease the inconveniences by passengers who have monthly plans on how they would spend their income.
So, on purchasing this card, you are expected to log out (tap out) when you want to alight from the bus. There is always a machine installed at the entrance of the bus mainly for tapping in (login in) and@ exist for tapping out ( log out). Any failure to tap out I.e log out while alighting from the bus will remain your balance empty except when you report the matter to appropriate department concerned.
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by masties2(f): 9:06am On Jan 16, 2016
[quote author=flyca post=41975141]I entered the new BRT bus for the first time today. Sincerely, this is the first "visible change" I have witnessed since I came back to Nigeria. Exactly the luxury and comfort I was enjoying in another man's land, now in my own doormoth. Was so excited that my sister was tapping me but it dozint marra. cool Hehe.

grin grin ara bush. You wan fall your sister hand grin
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by awesome11(m): 9:18am On Jan 18, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

I beg, how I fit reach VI from Ojota?
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
awesome11:

I beg, how I fit reach VI from Ojota?

Ojota take the blue BRT heading to TBS/CMS, highlight at CMS and you would see all sorts of vehicle heading to VI.
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by DisGuy: 11:08pm On Jan 18, 2016
What's this 'BRT card' Called?

Where is it available

Can passengers top up more than the original N250 it came with?

Is it registered?

Will BRT send a new card if its reported lost or stolen?

@ Sir naptu2, ify2016..
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by ify2016: 4:59am On Jan 19, 2016
DisGuy:
What's this 'BRT card' Called?

Where is it available

Can passengers top up more than the original N250 it came with?

Is it registered?

Will BRT send a new card if its reported lost or stolen?

@ Sir naptu2, ify2016..
Just call it top up card.

You can get it either at Majidun LAMATA office or Mile 12 BRT terminal. Ask either the Ticketers or Head of Operations. But according to a reliable source , very soon every passenger will be expected to have card each which will be made available to the banks.

Yes. your information will be used to register it for purpose of theft or complaint.

Yes . 250 naira is just the amount the card is sold. You can top up with any amount. May be 1k,5h etc.

Yes. If you have any evidence of ownership, you will be provided with new one with a token.
Bye. Ask me any question anytime.
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by Dhavido(m): 7:58pm On May 15, 2016
Please, what is the cost of the BRT bus card?
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by ify2016: 8:15am On May 22, 2016
Dhavido:
Please, what is the cost of the BRT bus card?

Not available for the main time except for those that have purchased theirs before.

It's sold 250
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by yusufdayo1: 2:07am On May 23, 2021
ify2016:

Just call it top up card.

You can get it either at Majidun LAMATA office or Mile 12 BRT terminal. Ask either the Ticketers or Head of Operations. But according to a reliable source , very soon every passenger will be expected to have card each which will be made available to the banks.

Yes. your information will be used to register it for purpose of theft or complaint.

Yes . 250 naira is just the amount the card is sold. You can top up with any amount. May be 1k,5h etc.

Yes. If you have any evidence of ownership, you will be provided with new one with a token.
Bye. Ask me any question anytime.

please can I get a brt from ojota to iddo
Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by yusufdayo1: 2:14am On May 23, 2021
Panelbeater:
And don't forget to watch out for the digital boards at the front of the buses to know it's exact stopping point. e.g
Ikorodu-TBS, Ikorodu-Fadeyi, Mile12-CMS e.t.c
come see fight for Agric bus stop this morning

Re: 6 Things You Should Know While Booking For New BRT BUSES by ify2016: 1:16pm On May 27, 2021
yusufdayo1:

Of course. Board Ojota bus to TBS through YABA route. There is a brt bus stop at Iddo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petrol-Laden Tanker Explodes On Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (Photos, Video) / Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report / Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.