Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly (29569 Views)

Budget Scandal: APC Summons Jibrin / House Of Reps To Invite EFCC, ICPC To Probe Budget Scandal / Plot To Impeach Buhari: Senator Misau Criticizes Colleagues For Leaking Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 1:59am On Jan 15, 2016
The budget is still in buhari's possession.He ordered it stolen so that some things can be added.

1 Like

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by perculiarperson: 2:07am On Jan 15, 2016
Ebukaobi:
PDP - a bunch of dullards with no moral compass

All these because of the fight against corruption

First of all, impeaching Buhari is next to impossible

Secondly, the PDP is underestimating the resolve of Nigerians on their support for this government

Thirdly, why is that the majority of opponents towards the anti-corruption policy of Buhari come from one section of Nigeria?

If I say I, you say GBO, omo na you sabi

The question is why is his (anti)-corruption war skewed to one section of Nigeria?

Think holistically! Think at all!!
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by obailala(m): 2:07am On Jan 15, 2016
id911:

So if our oil dries up today or the price comes down less than $10 a barrel and remains that way forever, Nigeria will cease to exit abi? So you don't know what a good leader with creative mind who thinks out of the box entails? Does Singapore, S. Korea, Malaysia, etc, have oil? So u no no say na REAL leaders turned those countries around? Na wao
DedeNkem:

You still have old mentality of dependence on oil. The same mentality that kept Nigeria from growing.
Does every developed and progressive nation have or depend solely on oil money?
No nation or even a person should depend on only a single commodity or source of income, especially when this commodity has such a very volatile price. However the fact of this matter is simple, Nigeria unfortunately depends on only one commodity and the price of this commodity has crashed uncontrollably. The crash in price of this commodity has consequently led to a crash of Nigeria's economy.

The second and most painful fact of the matter which too many people have failed to realise is that there is basically no economic magic that can be done to save Nigeria from its present economic turmoil on the short term. If the oil prices don't miraculously turn around now, I forsee the Naira dropping to N400 to $1 or worse very soon. Any efforts made at diversifying the economy now (no matter how wonderful the policies are) can only yield positive effects at a much later date after Nigerians must have already suffered a lot. That is the unavoidable reality on ground.

Meanwhile some Nigerians are still complaining of inability to obtain forex to go on xmas vacations and I laugh because its clear a lot of people dont still appreciate how bad things are presently.

2 Likes

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by perculiarperson: 2:11am On Jan 15, 2016
LordAdam:
In all seriousness, putting aside the APC versus PDP brouhaha, Eta, Ita or whatever his name is should honorably resign or be sacked.

The Presidency should also provide an explanation.

-Lord

The president should resign... honorably. Let's put the buck where it belongs...
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by obailala(m): 2:21am On Jan 15, 2016
christconscious:
Honestly speaking I did not only supported mr president but i voted for him here in lagos where i reside and most importantly i am of Igbo origin.I got entized with his campaign manifesto coupled with his speeche(s); I desired a change in govt and enchrined myself in change mantra........but to be realistic ,this country is in economic chaos and non of the campaign promises has been kickstarted talk more of fulfiling it. Imagin those that aspiring to run some programs abroad or currently running programme abroad and most of the finances comes from here,pls how will those persons cope with the rate of dollars to naira?......presdo said he is fall all but not for anybody...now I begin to wonder if the reverse is the case nw! Pls let's stop ethnic statements and party partisanship and be truthful to our self...neither do I support PDP who has ruled for 16yr without substancial progress. Last bullet: let's join hands together in prayers for God to give our presdo His wisdom and Grace to turn things around to the favour of common man in the street....its our civic duty and for the christians it is a command from our Lord Jesus christ to do.thanks
Thank God you know, all Nigeria needs is prayers now because if the oil price doesn't come back up, those things you complain of will continue to get worse. And yes, even if Buhari had the brains of 10 Einsteins (which he obviously doesnt have), there is no economic magic that instantly turn around the economic turmoil we find ourselves in presently.

This is purely what you get when a nation depends on only one volatile priced commodity for its income, and then the country at the same time has no savings for rainy days such as these. The unfortunate fact remains that even any effort made at diversifying the economy today cannot still yeild fruits instantly, it will take a substantial time to manifest even whilst things continue to get worse. Nigerians need to brace up for bone-breaking recession, this is beyond Buhari or any voodoo economist.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Bitterleafsoup: 2:29am On Jan 15, 2016
obailala:
Thank God you know, all Nigeria needs is prayers now because if the oil price doesn't come back up, those things you complain of will continue to get worse. And yes, even if Buhari had the brains of 10 Einsteins (which he obviously doesnt have), there is no economic magic that instantly turn around the economic turmoil we find ourselves in presently.

This is purely what you get when a nation depends on only one volatile priced commodity for its income, and then the country at the same time has no savings for rainy days such as these. The unfortunate fact remains that even any effort made at diversifying the economy today cannot still yeild fruits instantly, it will take a substantial time to manifest even whilst things continue to get worse. Nigerians need to brace up for bone-breaking recession, this is beyond Buhari or any voodoo economist.
Keep making excuses. Before GEJ left the Agriculture market was booming so much the Minister was featured on Forbes magazine. Face the facts this current administration had only one agenda and that was to gain power. They have never had a viable plan to build this country. When you don't plan well you plan to fail!

Those recycled criminals and Dodan Barrack touts know nothing about 21st Century governance. None of them have the experience , a past record of excellence or even a decent education to come up with solutions. We need more then prayers we need the youth to hold our leaders accountable and stop looking to the past and work on ehat is in our face now now!
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by asadike(f): 2:32am On Jan 15, 2016
peegirl:

NOISE
IGNORED
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by asadike(f): 2:34am On Jan 15, 2016
Lumiere91:

We igbos Don't call igbos,you are on your own.buhari has people support.
I never said efuluefus.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by obailala(m): 2:51am On Jan 15, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
Keep making excuses. Before GEJ left the Agriculture market was booming so much the Minister was featured on Forbes magazine. Face the facts this current administration had only one agenda and that was to gain power. They have never had a viable plan to build this country. When you don't plan well you plan to fail!

Those recycled criminals and Dodan Barrack touts know nothing about 21st Century governance. None of them have the experience , a past record of excellence or even a decent education to come up with solutions. We need more then prayers we need the youth to hold our leaders accountable and stop looking to the past and work on ehat is in our face now now!
Are you implying that as soon as GEJ left, the booming agriculture also left with him? ... How come that agriculture is not sustaining Nigeria now that oil price has crashed?... Oh I forgot, as soon as PMB entered, all the plants withered?

Even with the wonderful transformation agenda and the boom in agriculture and the adept economic team of GEJ, how come Nigeria's economy crashed uncontrollably as soon as global oil prices fell even before GEJ handed over?

Every human understands the correlation between global oil prices and Nigeria's economy, but obviously some adults for the sake of political sentiments have chosen to reason like kindergarten pupils. Good night!
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by OfoIgbo: 3:34am On Jan 15, 2016
asadike:
Thk u my igbo brother. We are d only people bold enough to speak d truth. We fear no foes and we dont care whether d Daura President is hurt or not. D truth is bitter but someone have to say it. Buhari should resign with immediate effect. Corruption fighting corruption. Ndi ara

The two most prominent people with regards to the budget are the minister of finance and the president.

The whole budget stealing brouhaha further exposes the total incompetence of Kemi Adeosun. Can you imagine this crap happening in the era of Ngozi Iweala.

Kemi Adeosun has shown herself to be the most clueless, incompetent colourless dullard to ever be in charge of Nigeria's economy

1 Like

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by MissingBudget: 3:47am On Jan 15, 2016
In just a few months, Buhari has ridiculed the exalted office of the president. He should go.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by ideykwum: 4:07am On Jan 15, 2016
Ebukaobi:

Secondly, the PDP is underestimating the resolve of Nigerians on their support for this government

Thirdly, why is that the majority of opponents towards the anti-corruption policy of Buhari come from one section of Nigeria?

Uche Secondus is from Rivers state and is not Igbo.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Billygee2u: 4:15am On Jan 15, 2016
Ebukaobi:

I have decided not to be commenting on politics section,but let me use this opportunity to inform you that you will later swallow your words in shame when you will have no option than to sink in the river that have covered your head ,hence you are pretending to be safe with a sinking boat.
you may be pretending that all is well,that you are ignorant of the inept and incompetence of the present administration,but for sure,future and time will teach you to do away with party,ethnic, tribal support and support the welfare of the nation.
to me,I have nothing to regret,cause the more the economy and dollars go bad,the more I will make more money when I send dollars to Nigeria.
when you see evil,call it evil,ok?
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Billygee2u: 4:27am On Jan 15, 2016
asadike:
Thk u my igbo brother. We are d only people bold enough to speak d truth. We fear no foes and we dont care whether d Daura President is hurt or not. D truth is bitter but someone have to say it. Buhari should resign with immediate effect. Corruption fighting corruption. Ndi ara
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by DedeNkem: 5:10am On Jan 15, 2016
obailala:
No nation or even a person should depend on only a single commodity or source of income, especially when this commodity has such a very volatile price. However the fact of this matter is simple, Nigeria unfortunately depends on only one commodity and the price of this commodity has crashed uncontrollably. The crash in price of this commodity has consequently led to a crash of Nigeria's economy.

The second and most painful fact of the matter which too many people have failed to realise is that there is basically no economic magic that can be done to save Nigeria from its present economic turmoil on the short term. If the oil prices don't miraculously turn around now, I forsee the Naira dropping to N400 to $1 or worse very soon. Any efforts made at diversifying the economy now (no matter how wonderful the policies are) can only yield positive effects at a much later date after Nigerians must have already suffered a lot. That is the unavoidable reality on ground.

Meanwhile some Nigerians are still complaining of inability to obtain forex to go on xmas vacations and I laugh because its clear a lot of people dont still appreciate how bad things are presently.

My point is not about concocting a magic economy, the question is, what is Buhari doing about diversifying the economy? Nothing!

He promised heaven during his campaign and declared several times that he would follow a different path to instil economic development and growth. But the only thing he did was request for more loans from the world bank!

No economic blueprint, nothing. He's only waiting for oil price to rise. Terrible!
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by zheroes(m): 5:14am On Jan 15, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Hehehehe in sane countries, he'd be gone by now
unfortunately this country aint sane bro, if it were every memeber of the last administration would be in jail by now, so all this crap is just noise making, the person initiating this motion has simply made himself a target of the government now they will raise his matress up and funny enough he got skeletons underneath. Before you scream in this administration ensure you are extra clean.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 5:46am On Jan 15, 2016
Pidggin:
Honestly, this is the height of national embarrassment. All this drama could have been avoided if the presidency followed due process in retrieving the budget. What first comes to mind is; who wrote the budget? If it was written by Pmb and advisers, why was there a need to make further adjustments to it again, were they drowsy when they wrote the initial one, why did they not allow the senate to deliberate on it instead?

We need divine intervention.
the i b4 others need deliverance from the spirit of defeatism .the wailing of the wailers would not make then to see what PMB is doing..

1 Like

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by amtaken(f): 5:54am On Jan 15, 2016
What is more corruption than doctoring a budget and constant disobedience to the rule of Law?

Ebukaobi:

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by fortune1968: 5:55am On Jan 15, 2016
krendo:
IBB was right to remove this lunatic from office in 1985

However we don't have or want another IBB or coup de tat

Nigerians must rise and sack this lunatic before it is too late. Campaign and ask the NASS to impeach Buhari for breaking the constitutions and disregarding the rule of law!!!

The list is growing longer and longer. If we allow this lunatic settle down Nigeria will definitely slide into full blown dictatorship
surely , you will call your father a lunatic ! Bunch of shameless ,corrupt , baby manufacturing people
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by amtaken(f): 5:57am On Jan 15, 2016
Have you seen the new budget to know what was reduced and what was increased?

Aisha Rice Eater.

tuale4u:
We should commend d president 4 listening to us on nairaland and Nigeria masses in general for reducing aso rock feeding from 500million naira in d first version to 100Million naira in the new version.

This is better than in d past were president defend 1billion naira for Aso rock feeding

We should commend d president for reducing Car in presidency from 3.4billion in d first version to 340million in the new one. That is 90% drop.

I agree he was not well advised on how to go about it, but it was done with d interest of d masses. But we should focus on end point of the action and not on frivolities PDP are feeding d masses with.

We should understand that Buhari was not under any compulsion to reduce some of those extravagance. He could have ignored d criticism of d masses and leave the waste in d budget. But he listen to us and amended it.

Why is it not an issue in the House of Representative? The Budget was not only given to Senate. The budget was presented to Joint National Assembly. Not to senate alone. House of rep has no issue with d amendment. But criminal Saraki in d senate is trying to over blow it to protect himself from code of conduct tribunal because the supreme court decision is close by on the 5th of February. He is wasting his time. If Saraki thinks he can connive with PDP to blackmail the president into killing the anti-corruption drive of the president, he is making a big mistake .

The Budget has not be signed into law. It has not be approve. So it can be changed or ammended. The president saw an error and chose to correct. He may have been advised wrongly on how to do it, but the overall intention is noble. Nigerians should learn to praise noble things rather than destroying it with useless technicalities and partisanship.

PDP should not be taken seriously because they dont care a bit about Nigeria masses.
They only care about protecting thier criminal members and looters.

Next time the president must ensure he prove read every document before making it public to avoid this kind of embarrassment in the future.

Buhari thank you 4 listening to d masses
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by totorimi: 5:59am On Jan 15, 2016
Ebukaobi:

Which Nigerians are supporting which government, you better speak for yourself. As far as concerned the govt only came for a revenge, no plan for the masses only attacks on perceived opponents.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by banki(m): 6:02am On Jan 15, 2016
perculiarperson:

The question is why is his (anti)-corruption war skewed to one section of Nigeria?

Think holistically! Think at all!!

Please oh which section is his anti corruption skwed at? I don't know and I want to know
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by babestella: 6:03am On Jan 15, 2016
It's only the presidency that can steal the budget to amend, add or subtract figures. Buhari is a fraud and should just get lost.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by henryhemon(m): 6:07am On Jan 15, 2016
asadike:

You are deluded really. Which truth? Where were your truth when a clown was president? Why didn't you tell T.A orji the truth and other southest governors the truth when they did nothing? Clowns deceiving themselves. Fuel sells the highest in the southeast and your truth is no where to be seen.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by henryhemon(m): 6:10am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:
We should commend d president 4 listening to us on nairaland and Nigeria masses in general for reducing aso rock feeding from 500million naira in d first version to 100Million naira in the new version.

This is better than in d past were president defend 1billion naira for Aso rock feeding

We should commend d president for reducing Car in presidency from 3.4billion in d first version to 340million in the new one. That is 90% drop.

I agree he was not well advised on how to go about it, but it was done with d interest of d masses. But we should focus on end point of the action and not on frivolities PDP are feeding d masses with.

We should understand that Buhari was not under any compulsion to reduce some of those extravagance. He could have ignored d criticism of d masses and leave the waste in d budget. But he listen to us and amended it.

Why is it not an issue in the House of Representative? The Budget was not only given to Senate. The budget was presented to Joint National Assembly. Not to senate alone. House of rep has no issue with d amendment. But criminal Saraki in d senate is trying to over blow it to protect himself from code of conduct tribunal because the supreme court decision is close by on the 5th of February. He is wasting his time. If Saraki thinks he can connive with PDP to blackmail the president into killing the anti-corruption drive of the president, he is making a big mistake .

The Budget has not be signed into law. It has not be approve. So it can be changed or ammended. The president saw an error and chose to correct. He may have been advised wrongly on how to do it, but the overall intention is noble. Nigerians should learn to praise noble things rather than destroying it with useless technicalities and partisanship.

PDP should not be taken seriously because they dont care a bit about Nigeria masses.

Next time the president must ensure he prove read every document before making it public to avoid this kind of embarrassment in the future.

You are a true Nigerian. This is a listening president. My igbo brothers can cry to high heavens. PMB has the interest of Nigeria at heart.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by henryhemon(m): 6:13am On Jan 15, 2016
asadike:
Isi odi kwa gi nma? Who is talking of votes here? If you dont have anything good to say about your tribe,so be it. yes, if we can boldly speak out against that tyrant of a president, then we dont have shame. And why are u laughing with a toothless mouth?

You really don't have shame I rather have a tyrant as a president than incompetent man and a clown who gets drunk as a president. Ee ra la ugwu gi.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by frankzone: 6:18am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

Nigeria is a country not a private enterprise, there are rules of engagement
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by mikki123(m): 6:23am On Jan 15, 2016
Is an impeachable offence... Or better still, the president should to the needful.............. Apologise
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by maccyz(m): 6:30am On Jan 15, 2016
Ebukaobi:

I don't know if u listen to news at all or you read newspapers nd published post online since let me say january dis year...you are an obvious political blind individual and if you don't know what going on in the country then don't ever comment again or beta still go and watch cartoon network
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 15, 2016
asadike:
I believed yor mouth was sealed during jonathan tenure,and your boldness was taken away by tribal sentiment,that is why you igbos were silent thru out the last administration and become so vocal after the inglorious exit of your jesus.

1 Like

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by djkirkoo2(m): 6:31am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:

Fool. Now tell me, who is more clueless between GEJ & PMB?
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 15, 2016
asadike:
I believed yor mouth was sealed during jonathan tenure,and your boldness was taken away by tribal sentiment,that is why you igbos were silent thru out the last administration and become so vocal after the inglorious exit of your jesus.
You guys are hypocrites.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Receives Senator Of The Year Award / Nigerian Soldier Missing For 8 Months After Being Deployed To Lake Chad. Photos / Dele Momodu: PDP's Only Crisis Is Caused By One Man Who Lost An Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.