Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,549 members, 7,809,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly (29576 Views)

Budget Scandal: APC Summons Jibrin / House Of Reps To Invite EFCC, ICPC To Probe Budget Scandal / Plot To Impeach Buhari: Senator Misau Criticizes Colleagues For Leaking Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by chekasforchekas: 6:33am On Jan 15, 2016
asadike:
Thk u my igbo brother. We are d only people bold enough to speak d truth. We fear no foes and we dont care whether d Daura President is hurt or not. D truth is bitter but someone have to say it. Buhari should resign with immediate effect. Corruption fighting corruption. Ndi ara
Nne I admire your courage.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by aloaye11: 6:36am On Jan 15, 2016
its a shame how pdp wants to lay opposition but we d masses commended d President for a job well doing. they can keep talking but as far as we see our able President doing want will b beneficial to do mass, na to say " carry go boss". we will always support ur good gesture sir, anybody way no like am make them go hug transformer.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Wolfbrother(m): 6:36am On Jan 15, 2016
PDP is looking lamer and lamer by the day behaving like children , like they have nothing better to do with their time , they ruled for 16 years , what did they accomplish in that time , they need to focus on reorienting and cleansing their party , remove the iroko tree in our eye before talking about the speck of sawdust in your neighbours eye, look at metuh .... saddest part is that we think our only options are PDP and APC
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by aloaye11: 6:36am On Jan 15, 2016
its a big shame how pdp&biafrans wants to play opposition but we d masses commended d President for a job well doing. they can keep talking but as far as we see our able President doing want will b beneficial to do mass, na to say " carry go boss". we will always support ur good gesture sir, anybody way no like am make them go hug transformer.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by 247notire(m): 6:55am On Jan 15, 2016
KMJY:
Which "one section?" I am from the North Central Nigeria and there are million of us who are against this Buhari's government of impunity, propaganda and misrule. For the fact that there are thousands of internet users in the South compare to the North does not mean that northerners aint lamenting. Kindly come out of the web that has caged you and your biases and u will understand what I'm talking about! Pls, anybody that insult IPOD again base on the foolery that they are the only ones who are against PMB, tell them that alot of ppl across the nation aint smiling at all!
Thanks for this comment bro. When igbos talk yorubas are quick to play the ethnic card foolishly while denying reality. The country is sliding into a deep recession, too much lie and propaganda such that no one believes whatever the govt says anymore, no policy direction, suffering has increased. Yoruba ethnic warriors need to understand that it's not a sectional or tribal affair but reality. I personally am against buhari cos of his past records and as they say, a leopard doesn't change its spots. If APC fielded Kwankwaso or even Atiku or El Rufai, I wud have gladly voted for any of those 3, Buhari is just not it mehn... So u can see it's not tribalism but realism that is the crime of igbos in this country. Just like Sanusi said, the yorubas are the problem of this country cos they are always too quick to throw up the ethnic card. I pity this country, all these are symptoms of a deeper problem. I'm just tired...

2 Likes

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by afoo02(m): 6:57am On Jan 15, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Well go and ask Gbajabiamilla what igbo votes did to him
also ask GEJ what igbo votes did to him.....
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by ddeola: 7:01am On Jan 15, 2016
PDP, Nigerians have had enough of you guys. Just park well abeg... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by billyG(m): 7:03am On Jan 15, 2016
This Secondus Mumu no b small,wher he don hear say dem dey impeach president 4 Africa? I suspect this Emiefele man was planted by PDP 2 wreck d economy.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Akon419(m): 7:15am On Jan 15, 2016
Infact, National Assembly should do the needful to safe the image of this country . This is embarrassement to the highest order,I mean this is fraud ,more than corruption himself. Does Buhari think he is the president of northern Nigeria who reason with their anus, infact this dullard should reason immediately

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by billyG(m): 7:16am On Jan 15, 2016
If PDP has shame they shld b concern about returning our stolen wealth they looted frm CBN there4 recking our Economy.they shld confess & apologise 2 orphans,widows & nigerians 4 sponsoring & allowing a cancer like Bokoharam to grow.Making fuss about Budget a mere paper that has not been sign into law is insanity.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by anigbajumo(m): 7:17am On Jan 15, 2016
chiedu7:
[size=14pt]B00hari is an absolute fraud.[/size]

una don forget say una president said he will make
₦1 = $1
Maybe he really meant I will make ₦1000 = $1

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

If u refuse to show the bolded contexts where he said "I will make one naira equal one dollar" then u are nothing but certified fool.....

I dnt blame you,u and yer PDP lack comprehension skills and the stupid newspaper with someone decisive headings nowadays.. .
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by billyG(m): 7:19am On Jan 15, 2016
perculiarperson:

The question is why is his (anti)-corruption war skewed to one section of Nigeria?

Think holistically! Think at all!!
So 4 yur cockroach brain!Dasuki,bafarawa,Isah,harilu,saraki na easterners.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by billyG(m): 7:31am On Jan 15, 2016
MissingBudget:
In just a few months, Buhari has ridiculed the exalted office of the president. He should go.
He shld Go b/c senate's copy of Budget got missing under saraki custody abi?saraki is up 2 some mischief as 4 u get small sense na.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by soldierdollar(m): 7:34am On Jan 15, 2016
sameer1212:
Lol...single shame una no get. You still they brag after you guys has been render useless as far as National politics is concern. Dude the earlier you Igbos realise that your votes don't count anymore in this country the better. cheesy
ADDRESS THE MAIN ISSUE AT HAND OR FACE YOUR FRONT

COWARD
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by reuben79: 7:35am On Jan 15, 2016
D major thin for apc is to remove saraki........saraki is working against buhari in nation
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by reuben79: 7:38am On Jan 15, 2016
soldierdollar:

ADDRESS THE MAIN ISSUE AT HAND OR FACE YOUR FRONT

COWARD
Ijaw wat ar u talking abt??
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by billyG(m): 7:39am On Jan 15, 2016
babestella:
It's only the presidency that can steal the budget to amend, add or subtract figures. Buhari is a fraud and should just get lost.
Who prepare Budget or mend or sign it into law if not presidency.u shld hold saraki accountable if senate copy got missing.A senator must hav taken it 2 make photocopy.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by reuben79: 7:39am On Jan 15, 2016
reuben79:
Ijaw wat ar u talking abt??
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by ShowYourCertificate: 7:40am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:
[s]We should commend d president 4 listening to us on nairaland and Nigeria masses in general for reducing aso rock feeding from 500million naira in d first version to 100Million naira in the new version.

This is better than in d past were president defend 1billion naira for Aso rock feeding

We should commend d president for reducing Car in presidency from 3.4billion in d first version to 340million in the new one. That is 90% drop.

I agree he was not well advised on how to go about it, but it was done with d interest of d masses. But we should focus on end point of the action and not on frivolities PDP are feeding d masses with.

We should understand that Buhari was not under any compulsion to reduce some of those extravagance. He could have ignored d criticism of d masses and leave the waste in d budget. But he listen to us and amended it.

Why is it not an issue in the House of Representative? The Budget was not only given to Senate. The budget was presented to Joint National Assembly. Not to senate alone. House of rep has no issue with d amendment. But criminal Saraki in d senate is trying to over blow it to protect himself from code of conduct tribunal because the supreme court decision is close by on the 5th of February. He is wasting his time. If Saraki thinks he can connive with PDP to blackmail the president into killing the anti-corruption drive of the president, he is making a big mistake .

The Budget has not be signed into law. It has not be approve. So it can be changed or ammended. The president saw an error and chose to correct. He may have been advised wrongly on how to do it, but the overall intention is noble. Nigerians should learn to praise noble things rather than destroying it with useless technicalities and partisanship.

PDP should not be taken seriously because they dont care a bit about Nigeria masses.
They only care about protecting thier criminal members and looters.

Next time the president must ensure he prove read every document before making it public to avoid this kind of embarrassment in the future.

As far as i am concern, this whole noise on d budget is due to the fact that the President and Saraki are not in good terms. So senate President is making unneccessary noise about it.

There is no illegality in what d presidency did. No law was broken. He may have missed some protocol in doing it, no single law was broken.

As a member of Nigeria masses, I know when things is done for the interest of d masses. This case is clearly in d interest of d masses. I will rather focus on d nobility of the intention and action of the president, than focus on the technicality which is being overblown out of proportion in d senate by the senate president to protect himself from prosecution.

I have seen both version. They are almost 99% the same. The majoy difference is the reduction in Extravagance in the presidency in the new one.

THE BUDGET WAS SUBMITTED TO BOTH SENATE AND HOUSE OF REP. HOUSE OF REP SPEAKER SAID NOTHING IS MISSING WHY IS SENATE PRESIDENT MAKING ALL THE NOISE[/s]
All you wrote here is gibberish. If the police could be called in to investigate the modification of the Senate Standing Rules then it means they should also investigate this Budget modification. The biasness of this APC government stinks.

1 Like

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Godsonkemz(m): 7:42am On Jan 15, 2016
What an incompetence and negligence of duty on the side of our president. Its enough to get him impeached.

1 Like

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Blackops(m): 7:42am On Jan 15, 2016
This Porous Deceiving Party should better go and stay somewhere. Awon ode

1 Like

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by tonychristopher: 7:51am On Jan 15, 2016
It is pointless rating this man..why ? I did not vote him .why ? Because I saw the lies the APC sold so didn't buy it

Why should I rate a man that uses lie Muhammad as spokesman
Disobeying judicial injunction
Making 5% statement
Told them he will make dollar at par with naira
Told them he will pay em 5k
Made us to believe that he will find their chibok girls or mums by now
A man that thought Germany still uses Dutch mark as currency and call it west Germany
A man that hasn't not commissioned a project or did ground breaking ceremony

Pls how do I rate this man...all I know that his rating is in negative

That's my take

1 Like

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Acidosis(m): 7:56am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:
We should commend d president 4 listening to us on nairaland and Nigeria masses in general for reducing aso rock feeding from 500million naira in d first version to 100Million naira in the new version.

This is better than in d past were president defend 1billion naira for Aso rock feeding

We should commend d president for reducing Car in presidency from 3.4billion in d first version to 340million in the new one. That is 90% drop.

I agree he was not well advised on how to go about it, but it was done with d interest of d masses. But we should focus on end point of the action and not on frivolities PDP are feeding d masses with.

We should understand that Buhari was not under any compulsion to reduce some of those extravagance. He could have ignored d criticism of d masses and leave the waste in d budget. But he listen to us and amended it.

Why is it not an issue in the House of Representative? The Budget was not only given to Senate. The budget was presented to Joint National Assembly. Not to senate alone. House of rep has no issue with d amendment. But criminal Saraki in d senate is trying to over blow it to protect himself from code of conduct tribunal because the supreme court decision is close by on the 5th of February. He is wasting his time. If Saraki thinks he can connive with PDP to blackmail the president into killing the anti-corruption drive of the president, he is making a big mistake .

The Budget has not be signed into law. It has not be approve. So it can be changed or ammended. The president saw an error and chose to correct. He may have been advised wrongly on how to do it, but the overall intention is noble. Nigerians should learn to praise noble things rather than destroying it with useless technicalities and partisanship.

PDP should not be taken seriously because they dont care a bit about Nigeria masses.

Next time the president must ensure he prove read every document before making it public to avoid this kind of embarrassment in the future.

As far as i am concern, this whole noise on d budget is due to the fact that the President and Saraki are not in good terms. So senate President is making unneccessary noise about it.

There is no illegality in what d presidency did. No law was broken. He may have missed some protocol in doing it, no single law was broken.

As a member of Nigeria masses, I know when things is done for the interest of d masses. This case is clearly in d interest of d masses. I will rather focus on d nobility of the intention and action of the president, than focus on the technicality which is being overblown out of proportion in d senate by the senate president to protect himself from prosecution.

I have seen both version. They are almost 99% the same. The majoy difference is the reduction in Extravagance in the presidency in the new one.

THE BUDGET WAS SUBMITTED TO BOTH SENATE AND HOUSE OF REP. HOUSE OF REP SPEAKER SAID NOTHING IS MISSING WHY IS SENATE PRESIDENT MAKING ALL THE NOISE

So next time we see a thief, we should kill him since the action is noble?

So what if the president or whoever stole the budget was gunned down on the spot? Is it noble to kill a thief?

1 Like

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by udumosam23(m): 7:56am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:
We should commend d president 4 listening to us on nairaland and Nigeria masses in general for reducing aso rock feeding from 500million naira in d first version to 100Million naira in the new version.

Buhari thank you 4 listening to d masses

Next time time when you have a cogent reason like this to present, don't wait for the opposition to feed us with their side of the story first.

I understand PMB is making effort to do good to Nigerians, but he should learn to talk more. Knowing that there are people who will misinterprets every of his action.

Its better he tell us what he does and why (even if he bicots due process) than taking the decision then wait until he is critisized before he comes up with an excuse. No matter how genuine it is, we will see it as defensive.

I admire his effort so far to challenge corruption, but I don't like his silence and secrecy. Nigerians wish to support him but it appears most times we misunderstand him.

I'm mostly afraid now because his age and physical condition glaring and it appears people are taking advantage of that. I can assure you that most of the issues, he only knows them or the implications after they are announced. And in an effort to change them he will gave to bicot processes as following them will never get it achieved.

I understand his plight, he can't help it. He may be autocratic (as presumed) that's what Nigeria need now. He should however be doing some explanations, and where he makes mistakes he should admit, we will understand and support him.

He should not stand alone in this fight,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by proxillin(m): 7:58am On Jan 15, 2016
asadike:
Thk u my igbo brother. We are d only people bold enough to speak d truth. We fear no foes and we dont care whether d Daura President is hurt or not. D truth is bitter but someone have to say it. Buhari should resign with immediate effect. Corruption fighting corruption. Ndi ara

[size=16pt]What I see is Grievances...

Bold ko....Italics ni...Yeye tribo[/size]

Note we Nigerians will defeat you over and over again in any election. Your tribalism isnt working. Did it? It failed in Lagos...It will continue to fail.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Blackops(m): 7:58am On Jan 15, 2016
Godsonkemz:
What an incompetence and negligence of duty on the side of our president. Its enough to get him impeached.
Use your brain
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 15, 2016
udumosam23:

Next time time when you have a cogent reason like this to present, don't wait for the opposition to feed us with their side of the story first.

I understand PMB is making effort to do good to Nigerians, but he should learn to talk more. Knowing that there are people who will misinterprets every of his action.

Its better he tell us what he does and why (even if he bicots due process) than taking the decision then wait until he is critisized before he comes up with an excuse. No matter how genuine it is, we will see it as defensive.

I admire his effort so far to challenge corruption, but I don't like his silence and secrecy. Nigerians wish to support him but it appears most times we misunderstand him.

I'm mostly afraid now because his age and physical condition glaring and it appears people are taking advantage of that. I can assure you that most of the issues, he only knows them or the implications after they are announced. And in an effort to change them he will gave to bicot processes as following them will never get it achieved.

I understand his plight, he can't help it. He may be autocratic (as presumed) that's what Nigeria need now. He should however be doing some explanations, and where he makes mistakes he should admit, we will understand and support him.

You are right
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by seunowa(f): 8:10am On Jan 15, 2016
moscobabs:

in fact it funninly funny my bro. Seems some politicians don't think before they open their dirty mouths to say rubbish
I concur with you
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by myahayawabi(m): 8:15am On Jan 15, 2016
Who born them, then fit.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by wiseoneking: 8:26am On Jan 15, 2016
Ebukaobi:
PDP - a bunch of dullards with no moral compass

All these because of the fight against corruption

First of all, impeaching Buhari is next to impossible

Secondly, the PDP is underestimating the resolve of Nigerians on their support for this government

Thirdly, why is that the majority of opponents towards the anti-corruption policy of Buhari come from one section of Nigeria?

If I say I, you say GBO, omo na you sabi
All you worry about is igbo. I understand you, they must have bought your ancestral land and you a are now a tenant. Face the senate not the igbo.

1 Like

Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by obailala(m): 8:33am On Jan 15, 2016
DedeNkem:

My point is not about concocting a magic economy, the question is, what is Buhari doing about diversifying the economy? Nothing!

He promised heaven during his campaign and declared several times that he would follow a different path to instil economic development and growth. But the only thing he did was request for more loans from the world bank!

No economic blueprint, nothing. He's only waiting for oil price to rise. Terrible!

Well, I have no idea what he's doing too. But only time will tell.
Re: Budget Scandal: Impeach Buhari, PDP Tells National Assembly by obailala(m): 8:36am On Jan 15, 2016
udumosam23:

True words... This government has the worst communication skills.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Saraki Turned Emir Of Ilorin Into ‘houseboy’ / EFCC Closes In On Ex-gov Over 29 Dubai Assets / Crowd Hailing Fayose At The Commissioning Of Ikere-Ekiti Township Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.