Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million (25334 Views)

Ekiti Assembly Drags Fayemi To EFCC Over N40bn / Buhari’s Minister Plans To Update Website For N795 Million - See Photo / I Need N795 Million For Website Update – Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by snailspeed: 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
On wednesday, I raised some specific arreas of corruption that President Buhari and the APC led government have to explain to the masses since May 29 and especially in the last few months. As a follow up to that, I will be looking at specifics in the coming days.

First on the list and since this is hot and fresh on our plate, I will be taking a look at the missing but found #BudgetOfYams. The whole event around the budget has become one big national disgrace that has taking us many steps backwards among the comity of nations. Seeing such a shameful news on BBC site is really sad and depressing and makes you ask why we have been this ladened with such a group of incompetent and stoneage leaders.

Having said that, I will start this with a simple item in the budget. I will advise everyone to please get a copy of the budget. It is available online. This one just caught my attention and is a prime example of how this budget was designed at a conduit pipe to steal and as a medium to repay politicians monies spent during the last elections. The first truth about the budget you will realise is that, if you prune it from all the corruption and bloated items, you will arrive at a budget of around N4 trillion. The rest is just largese to be shared by members of the ruling party. And to think that they are even going to borrow to fund their corruption largese is dishearthening.

This one is really hillarious. The federal ministry of solid minerals will be updating their website in 2016 with, wait for it......

N795, 234.275

Seven hundred and ninety five million Naira only! Oshe!!!

Maybe they want to develop another Facebook for Nigeria. Note that this is for update oh. This is not even to design a site from scratch. When it was revealed that saint Fashola did a website for N78m, we thought we had seen it all. But we thought wrong. APC is change so N78m will not do this time. Former Gov Fayemi has taken it to a whole new level and moved the ministry to the permanent site. You know he is close to Fashola so he must have learnt a thing or two from the master. Remember the N3.3 Billion government house where he spent N50 million on two beds?

I can confidently say that a small group of 5 Nairalanders can deliver such a site for 2 Million with thank you. We are really making progress in this country.

56 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by talktimi(m): 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
What's your beef you wailer ? The website upgrade comes with a 5.5 ltr V16 engine with 7 speed electronic triptronic automatic gearbox + front and side airbags and complimentary champagne. Do you have such website in your IPOB village

152 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by fitzmayowa: 9:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
talktimi:
What's your beef you wailer ? The website upgrade comes with a 5.5 ltr V16 engine with 7 speed electronic triptronic automatic gearbox + front and side airbags and complimentary champagne. Do you have such website in your IPOB village

LMAO...cheesy grin cheesy

67 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Descartes: 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
APC is a fraud

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by onyengbu: 9:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
They will come out tomorrow and challenge you to bring proof of corruption against them.
That's because they steal so brazenly with official backing.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Ola17: 9:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
cry
It is finished. Like play, this has turned to a clear case of 'from frying pan to fire' o.

As GEJ government ate our yam, the present administration wan eat the yams, the farm and the farmers.

152 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Sibrah: 9:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
This, if true, is so criminal. I can't imagine any website going above 7-8 million Naira. By N7m-N8m I mean a site that incorporates accounting module with dynamic information keeping and display.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 14, 2016
Snailspeed could you please zoom it and post the specific line. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Pidggin(f): 9:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
Is the website created with E-gold?

Day light robbery

cc:Tonyebarcanista your slayer is calling you

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Ola17: 9:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
Reyginus:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by StOla: 10:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
The ministry and minister need to clarify why this amount should be spent on a website.

Does the website mine gold?

As an advice to all public officers, learn to clarify the details for every expenditure and not just a line statement. It is time to include an appendix to all entries so that people don't misconstrue legitimate estimates as overinflated cost for otherwise basic expenditure.

5 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 14, 2016
My God! What's happening. Lalasticlala, please come and see.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by snailspeed: 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
Reyginus:

Done! Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
snailspeed:

Done! Thanks
I still can't believe this. Are you sure it's the one released today?

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by baralatie(m): 10:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
In short I remember Nigeria in my prayers!

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Dcomrade(m): 10:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
Oh please! Fayemi does not sign cheque lipsrsealed

Only DASUKI does!!! grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
This is ridiculous and I am totally against this broad-day robbery.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by fitzmayowa: 10:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
That website must be able to do the following...

1. Wash away my sins

2. It must be made of gold

3. It must be able to provide champagne and free lunch anytime nigerians visit it

This country is a joke, nigerians crucified GEJ for budgeting 1 billion naira for refreshment, but in the "CHANGE" APC promised nigerians they budgeted almost 800 million naira for for updating of website, we are in trouble in this country...

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Ola17: 10:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
StOla:
The ministry and minister need to clarify why this amount should be spent on a website.

Does the website mine gold?

As an advice to all public officers, learn to clarify the details for every expenditure and not just a line statement. It is time to include an appendix to all entries so that people don't misconstrue legitimate estimates as overinflated cost for otherwise basic expenditure.
What other clarification of 'details'? I believe that the term 'website update' is quite self explanatory. Don't go soft with your criticism, spit it out and hard. This is a clear case of intended FRAUD. Must Fayemi recoup the total money he spent to Sponsor PMB in one fell swoop?

We must continue pressuring the government until they do the right thing. Lalasticlala ati obinoscopy.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by baby124: 10:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
This is ridiculous. If true, Fayemi is mentally insane and should be chased from that position. There is simply no space for this kind of looting anywhere in the world again. No country can survive this.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
I've confirmed it myself. I downloaded the material. Others should download it here
http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/index.php/component/content/article?layout=edit&id=102

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Keystonn: 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
cc: Tonyebarcanista come and greet ur nemesis

26 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by StOla: 10:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ola17:

What other clarification of 'details'? I believe that the term 'website update' is quite self explanatory. Don't go soft with your criticism, spit it out and hard. This is a clear case of intended FRAUD. Must Fayemi recoup the total money he spent to Sponsor PMB in one fell swoop?

Fashola's was also listed as "website update" but it turned out that to be more. From his explanation, the website was a repository of licensed software made available to the public with the cost already borne by the state government under the caption of "Website Update".

None from the mob of critics came out to fault the claim or prove that the licensed software available on the website should have cost significantly less?

I'm not an emotional critic or apologist.

I hope if a plausible clarification is given subsequently on this outlandish amount for a website update, you would hurry here to acknowledge your error?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by fitzmayowa: 10:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
baby124:
This is ridiculous. If true, Fayemi is mentally insane and should be chased from that position. There is simply no space for this kind of looting anywhere in the world again. No country can survive this.

I tire ooo...
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 14, 2016
StOla:

Fashola's was also listed as website update but it turned out that to be more. From his explanation, the website was a repository of licensed software made available to the public with the cost already borne by the state government under the caption of "Website Update".

None from the mob of critics came out to fault the claim or prove that the licensed software available on the website should have cost significantly less?

So is it possible for a website Update to cost that?

19 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Ola17: 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
Reyginus:
I've confirmed it myself. I downloaded the material. Others should download it here
http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/index.php/component/content/article?layout=edit&id=102
I'm really shocked. How can this hypocritical government keep deafening and distracting the masses with 'fighting corruption' while turning a blind eye to the massive cases of possible corruption going on under its nose?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by snailspeed: 10:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
StOla:

Fashola's was also listed as "website update" but it turned out that to be more. From his explanation, the website was a repository of licensed software made available to the public with the cost already borne by the state government under the caption of "Website Update".

I hope if a plausible clarification is given subsequently on this outlandish amount for a website update, you would hurry here to acknowledge your error?

My friend, gerraroheremehn! And you will come out shouting anti corruption? Such shameful hypocrisy! You nor get small shame?

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by snailspeed: 10:34pm On Jan 14, 2016
Reyginus:

The guy is a shameless sycophant! Disgusting!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ola17:

I'm really shocked. How can this hypocritical government keep deafening and distracting the masses with 'fighting corruption' while turning a blind eye to the massive cases of possible corruption going on under its nose?
I'd like to know what the President will say on this one. Is this even sensible at all? Will such website require a physical building? This will not go down well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by StOla: 10:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
Reyginus:

I am saying that "website update" could be a term for ICT infrastructure. Or is there any ICT cost in the budget for the ministry of solid minerals?

I don't expect a website setup to go beyond tens of millions in naira.

I know some will come here to say a website can be built for N200k. For those set of people, I know limited exposure is the cause of their ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
snailspeed:

The guy is a shameless sycophant! Disgusting!
It's appalling that we've got two-faced humans defending what is 'right'. Some of us have lost the gift of commonsense.

15 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 14, 2016
OMG Wow. What is really happening with this budget? Has no one sat down to vet all these nonsense? I thought they were doing zero based budgeting?

I am disappointed.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obasanjo Slams NOUN VC, Says I Offer Free Service / Details Of Buhari’s Meeting With Lawan, Gbajabiamila Emerge / Davido Reacts As Supreme Court Affirms His Uncle, Ademola As Osun Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.