Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC (30239 Views)

Nigerian Man Honoured In Spain For Saving Life Of A Spanish Citizen. Photos / Professor Chukwuka Okonjo Honoured In ghana / President Jonathan Honoured In Atlanta By The SCLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by auntysimbiat(f): 11:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was today (January 14th) honored by the Southern Christian Leadership Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. He was awarded with the Presidential Award in recognition of his leadership in advancing human rights, social justice and the fight for universal freedom.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-OSWDejQyjUY/Vpgbhx7FKRI/AAAAAAAH_iI/3astvNR2gVI/s320/1.jpg[/img]

The SCLC, founded by the late American Civil Right leader, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, in January 1957 is currently led by Dr. Charles Steele Jr. The event is part of the activities leading up to the celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Day on Monday, January 18th, 2016.

Former President Jonathan is the first African leader to be so honored. Dr. Jonathan also received Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's sister, Naomi King during the event. Before his remarks at the event, Dr. Jonathan met privately with the president of the SCLC.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-3FS5-uoLIXQ/VpgbixmdP2I/AAAAAAAH_iQ/RmOnk3iNKj0/s320/2.jpg[/img]
The president of the SCLC, Dr. Charles Steele Jr proposed to work with the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation to advance the cause of peace around the world and to bridge the gap between people of color in the Diaspora and Africa. Former President Jonathan responded that his vision is to help stabilize and promote democracy and peace in Africa.
[img]http://2.bp..com/-lzZNoUhaYvo/Vpgbjs8_8-I/AAAAAAAH_iU/MaEWg2MMW9U/s320/3.jpg[/img]

He went on to say that without peace you can not have economic progress. He revealed that this was the reason he pushed for Nigeria's intervention to ensure peace in various African nations such as Côte d'Ivoire while he was in office. Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and President Steele then agreed to collaborate along the lines suggested by the former Nigerian President.

At the event, former President Jonathan expressed his gratitude to the SCLC for inviting him and declared that it was "virtually impossible to separate this worthy body from its founder, the late great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, or from epoch making landmark events of the American Civil Rights movement".
[img]http://3.bp..com/-0_adyLNOWeE/VpgbnfrDk-I/AAAAAAAH_ig/QWkHMs4544I/s320/4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-0CUpGuomEro/VpgbpECFAiI/AAAAAAAH_io/qfHAx2Zg9Vg/s320/6.jpg[/img]

He also said "My personal takeaway from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, is service to God and the brotherhood and equality of all men before their Creator. In keeping with that, I have learnt not to look up to any man, except he is taller than I, or to look down on a fellow mortal, except I am admiring his shoes".

Former President Goodluck Jonathan is the Chairman of the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation and is in Atlanta, Georgia, on the invitation of a number of US institutions. Below are his full remarks at the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-q_jSzO37vqI/Vpgbq3PGozI/AAAAAAAH_i4/1MIlzxugnNY/s320/7.jpg[/img]
cc lalasticlala

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2016/01/photos-former-president-goodluck.html

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by auntysimbiat(f): 11:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
great man
SEE MORE NEWS >>> http://NairaNaijaNews.com

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
O God let the goodluck that followed this man,rite from the fishermans canoe,down to international recognition,down to the greatest office in africa,please let that goodluck follow me in jesus name Amen.People hating this man are just wasting some precious energy.God has already blessed this man.he keeps soaring.

288 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
Great man

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by grandeur247(m): 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
Congrats to a great man of prestige... this man has positively influence a lot of people in my area

140 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
Are you fvcking kidding me?? undecided
Nigerian-Americans hate him
Nigerian immigrants loathe him
Any individual with Nigerian Blood despises him

Still heard my dad smiling to the bank, apparently $$$ was 280 naira and his village people are loving it for this lipsrsealed

If Jonathan was Clueless as an individual, Buhari will destroy this country as a Tyrant

Damn Nigerians are *INSERT INSULT* How the fvck do you vote corrupt leaders in a row?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by surestsam(m): 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
Some mumu people wil start saying he is a good man...

To all supporters of Pdp and Jonathan.. May God run your life the way Jonathan take run this country

Dont quote me.. If u cant say Amen to that prayer...

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
Rubbish. Used to respect him but that was then. Where will our economy be now if he was re-elected ? Only God knows. He should be probed too.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Ebukaobi: 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
Jonathan can continue to deceive himself. That is his problem

Travelling to the USA and taking pictures with irrelevant people will not stop Nigerians from asking him the key questions

Nigerians are not fools!

There are many Nigerians that live in the US and they know he is gallivanting and using the opportunity to deflect from his responsibilities.

You cannot steal so much money and cover it up with a PR campaign

When he is done, he will come and account for his theft in Nigeria

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Kelvin0(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Chairman! how e dey do you?

Vanquay:
Are you fvcking kidding me?? undecided
Nigerian-Americans hate him
Nigerian immigrants loathe him
Any individual with Nigerian Blood despises him
Still heard my dad smiling to the bank, apparently $$$ was 280 naira and his village people are loving it for this lipsrsealed
If Jonathan was Clueless as an individual, Buhari will destroy this country as a Tyrant
Damn Nigerians are *INSERT INSULT* How the fvck do you vote corrupt leaders in a row?

Who better to promote peace n democracy like our own GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN...

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Flashh: 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Next thread please!

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by LordVarys: 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Goodluck Jonathan is not a perfect man and he had his flaws but one can't take away the fact that ultimately he was a good man who did his best for his country. Running a dysfunctional country is no mincemeat, something that even the Sai Buhari chanters have probably realised after a few months of their hero in power.
Btw, nice to see Reno Omokri with GEJ, still loyal and faithful even out of power...He and Reuben Abati are really true friends.

157 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by chiboyo(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hate him or like him, this man has too much "goodluck" surrounding him

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by cutebobo(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
This man has just been showing off. Do u want us to feel intimated that your past deeds are good compared to the current president? Allright!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by hobermener: 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
T

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by grandeur247(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
auntysimbiat:
great man
you get mind create post come be ftc again
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by surestsam(m): 11:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
adajiboyy:
People hating this man are just wasting some precious energy.God has already blessed this man.he keeps soaring.
oga, dis man na thief, God no fit bless am.. May God run his life d way e take run Nigeria

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by lorikanex: 11:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
Observation: Jonathan doesn't really look good on suit.. Native attire fits him better

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by sukkot: 11:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
shocked honoring a thief shocked

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by SirLegal(m): 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
So Reno Omokiri follows GEJ every where. Wow that's pure loyalty to his boss.

Anyways, kudos to GEJ on achieving yet another landmark even though, am not a fan.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by DICKtator: 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
No wonder he ensured Bubu signed a non-prosecution pact with him in the event that he loses the election.
He know wetin he don chop/loot

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Immatex(m): 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
''not to look down on any man except am admiring his shoes''.

I concur.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by melvin0004(m): 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
we missed u gej...........in ur tenure budget didn't get missing @ d national assembly.......

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Successdude(m): 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
People called him names some time ago, but he keeps getting awards.
anyways if u think he's clueless, click like but if you think those calling him clueless are wasting time, click share.

3 Likes 97 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by BaddieKay(f): 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hmm
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
Na wah o

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Pavarottii(m): 11:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
My president, My Mentor.
God bless u GEJ forever and ever.

I LOVE YOU SIR. embarassed

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by chesterlee(m): 11:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
God Bless GEJ!

The Hero Of Democracy always shining unlike the tyrant, who broke a record by being the first president ever to steal a budget

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Dragonking: 11:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
GEJ will continue to be honoured while the opposition will continue to be confused by speaking Hausa and English at the same time. grin

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by jammyunn(m): 11:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
Goodluck God has blessed, no man can curse!

40 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu: Bode George Free To Relocate To Bayelsa (video) / "60 Percent Of Nigerian Youths Are More Educated Than You" - Man Tells Buhari / Ugwuanyi, Akpabio And Wife At Burial Of Ekaette Unoma Akpabio's Grand Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.