Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,526 members, 7,770,332 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:30 AM

Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! (18044 Views)

Buhari At The Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebrations (Photos) / Kano State Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2016 - Photos / Soldier Writes From Sambisa Forest In Commemoration Of Armed Forces Remembrance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by DICKtator: 10:32am On Jan 15, 2016
Shalla to our gallant souljahs!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by Nuhusky: 10:33am On Jan 15, 2016
We stand together to honour the incredible courage and sacrifice of generations of Nigerian service men and women who have given their lives to protect the freedoms that we enjoy today.
While we’re in the park, busy at nairaland, at the cinema or watching the football; our service men and women are out there - day and night - fighting in the heat and dust.
Putting their lives on the line for us.
That’s the true character of the Nigerian armed forces - the Army, the Air Force and the Navy of which we are so incredibly proud.
So today we stop to say thank you.
And to remember those who are no longer with us but whose sacrifice and valour will be honoured long after we are gone.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by Phoenix001(m): 10:33am On Jan 15, 2016
RIP to our gallant soldiers who died fighting for our survival

1 Like

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by Tellemall: 10:33am On Jan 15, 2016
So that's why all the roads in CBD are rowdy. And the FRSC and police are just standing about like...
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by kozmokaz(m): 10:36am On Jan 15, 2016
naptu2:
Let us also remember Seaman Amaseimogha Paul.

https://www.naij.com/483953-nigerian-officer-died-saving-lives-of-his-colleagues.html

just crying.... what manner of love is dis?

sacrificing ur life for ur brothers!!

u will for ever b remembered !!!

rest well my brother from a different parent!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by MadCow1: 10:37am On Jan 15, 2016
Respect to the real Heroes of Nigeria.

You guys place your lives in danger to protect us and our Unity.

Thanks for your sacrifice. Your labours shall never be in vain.

#OneNigeria.. In Preace or war.
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by omenka(m): 10:41am On Jan 15, 2016
Gsmooth51:
May the souls of the Faithful departed rest in peace.
Amen..
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by coolzeal(m): 10:43am On Jan 15, 2016
It is well-documented by the State Department and by respected human rights organisations that Nigerian army personnel have, for many years, engaged in a pattern and practice of gross violations of human rights against the Nigerian people and others, including summary executions of prisoners, indiscriminate attacks against civilians, torture, forced disappearances and rape. Rarely have the perpetrators been prosecuted or punished. Mr Leahy. US sentor

1 Like

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by Cyojunior(m): 10:49am On Jan 15, 2016
50 years ago today, on Jan. 15th 1966, many of our leaders were slaughtered in our nations first military coup. May the souls of those that were murdered that night continue to rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by mrnuur(m): 10:49am On Jan 15, 2016
Ajibo111:
RIP.....FOR OUR FALLEN HEROES......

NAIRALANDERS WILL FOREVER REMEMBER YOU ALL!!!!
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by nosike3(m): 10:49am On Jan 15, 2016
I see nothing to appreciate the armed forces especially the Nigerian army!! Let them all die for all I care!!! Barbaric set of uncultured hooligans!

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by kozmokaz(m): 10:51am On Jan 15, 2016
thank you... to all those who laid down der life for mother land!!

really wish I can bring u guys back to life... but Am not God

keep resting guys ....till we meet to path no more
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by Speakdatruth: 10:51am On Jan 15, 2016
Max respect to all the dead warriors and fighters of a good course. we will always remember you
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by hob(m): 10:52am On Jan 15, 2016
God be with our fallen heroes
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by Speakdatruth: 10:53am On Jan 15, 2016
nosike3:
I see nothing to appreciate the armed forces especially the Nigerian army!! Let them all die for all I care!!! Barbaric set of uncultured hooligans!
u are seriously hurting
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by dlashondra(f): 10:54am On Jan 15, 2016
naptu2:
[size=14pt]Today is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day![/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/922401_armed_jpg924f4eb16c96c31f68c3b2207c40d23e

In Nigeria, Armed Forces Day, also known as Remembrance Day, is celebrated on 15 January. It was formerly marked on 11 November of every year to coincide with the Remembrance Day (Poppy Day) for the World War II veterans in the British Commonwealth of Nations, but it was changed to 15 January of every year in Nigeria in commemoration of the surrender of Biafran troops to the Federal troops on 15 January 1970 thus signalling the end of the Nigerian Civil War.

The day is marked with a Remembrance Day parade at the Cenotaph in Abuja and in the 36 state capitals. The ceremony includes 21 gun salute, playing of the Last Post, a minute's silence, laying of wreaths and release of pigeons to symbolise peace.

In the past month armed forces remembrance day emblems have been on sale across the country. Proceeds of the sale of the remembrance emblem go to the Nigerian Legion.

2016 Remembrance Day emblem.

The Nigerian Legion is the Nigerian association of ex-servicemen, i.e former members of the Nigerian Army, Navy and Air Force (although I have never seen the likes of Olusegun Obasanjo, Ibrahim Babangida, or T.Y Danjuma associate with the Legion).

Officers and men of the armed forces are trained to fight and kill. When they retire, they discover that there are no jobs for them (some of them have been in the armed forces since they were teenagers and military work is all they know). Others were forced to retire from the armed forces due to injuries sustained in battle. The Legion helps them to integrate into society and take care of themselves.

By law the Legion is permitted to operate certain businesses in order to raise money for its members. Members of the legion also serve as security guards at government establishments (you often see them in their brown uniforms). The Legion also raises money through the sale of Armed Forces and Remembrance Day emblems.

In recent years (especially since the return to civilian rule) members of the Legion have gone through great hardship while trying to collect their pensions and gratuity. Sometimes their pensions are not paid for many months. At other times, legionnaires, who could be as old as 60, 70, or 80 years old are made to travel long distances and queue in the hot sun, all in the name of pension verification exercise. Many legionnaires have died during this process.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/922404_a20nigerian20legion_jpg328b92979c09d50605d7696a57aa9f3c
Officers and men of the Nigerian Legion.

The Nigerian Legion Act (Laws of the Federation)
http://www.aksjlegalresource.com/resource/Laws_of_the_Federation%5CNIGERIAN%20LEGION%20ACT.pdf

WE LIE IN THE BUSH WHILE YOU LIE ON YOUR BEDS..

WE SLEEP BESIDE OUR GUNS WHILE U SLEEP BESIDE YOUR WIVES..

U SLEEP IN YOUR HOUSES WHILE WE SLEEP IN THE FRONT LINE

U WEAR NICE CAPS WHILE WE WEAR HEAVY HELMETS..

U WEAR DESIGNERS VESTS WHILE WE WEAR IRON VEST..

IN THE MORNING U ARE AWOKEN BY SWEET ALARM TONES WHILE WE WERE WOKEN UP BY HORROWFUL
SOUND OF BOMBS AND GRENADE..

U MOVE AROUND TOWN IN RANGE ROVERS AND LATEST CARS
BUT WE MOVE IN TANKS AND BUFFALLOS..

WE STAY AWAKE JUST FOR YOU TO SLEEP..

WE KILL FOR YOU TO LIVE..

WE STAND SIDE BY SIDE WITH DEATH ITSELF SO THAT THE FUTURE OF YOUR GENERATION CAN BE ASSURED..

WE SACRIFICE OUR TODAY FOR YOUR TOMORROW..

WE ARE STRONG AT HEART, GREAT IN ACTION, COMMITTED TO OUR COURSE, AND LOYAL TO OUR NATION..

WE ARE SOLDIERS!!!..WITH GREAT ZEAL AND GALLANTRY..

WE FIGHT RELENTLESLY TO WIN YET WE CONTINUE TO FIGHT TO CONQUER INSURGENCY AND TERRORISM..

JUST PRAY FOR US OVER HERE..TO CONQUER IN VICTORY SO THAT WE CAN RETURN TO OUR FAMILY, FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES..

TO THE FALLEN HEROES..WE PRAY THEY CONTINUE TO LIVE ON..WHILE WE FIGHT TO THE END IN VICTORY...IJN

LONG LIVE THE NIGERIAN ARMY!..
LONG LIVE THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES!!...
LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.HAPPY ARMED FORCES REMEMBRANCE
DAY...
15TH JANUARY 2016...

5 Likes

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by fridayj(m): 10:58am On Jan 15, 2016
what goes thrgh my mind right now it my father BULUS DANGOBE an many falling heroes..victory in God alone..alsss
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by nosike3(m): 11:01am On Jan 15, 2016
Speakdatruth:
u are seriously hurting
My opinion and wishes remain mine, your opinion remains yours! I pass!
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:04am On Jan 15, 2016
Long live the Military. RIP Fallen Heroes
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by naptu2: 11:07am On Jan 15, 2016
Remembrance Day advert from the 1980s and '90s.

Today we remember our fallen Heroes, Nigeria remembers you
We salute you
Your courage we adore that Nigeria may be one
Strong, United, Sovereign state
Nigeria remembers you
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by tartar9(m): 11:24am On Jan 15, 2016
they are all burning in HELL! well,according to xtianity
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by DaMaster(m): 11:27am On Jan 15, 2016
Chai! I’m truly sorry for you sir. It’s quite saddening to know that the corrector understands nothing. So, anywhere you see the word “fought” , you think it refers to war. I read and re-read the statements you quoted and I found NOWHERE where he claims that the war has been won. You need to go back to school Sir!
xpac01:

This article is either composed by Lai Moh'md himself or by Lai moh'mdian or by an English student who's yet to pass his English exams.
When bokoharam war becomes fought we will know.
For now my respect and prayers remains to the brave soldiers who have been tirelessly fighting to defend our dear nation.
Anywhere you see a soldier baba tuale.

"THEY DIE SO THAT WE MAY LIVE IN PEACE"
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by francisbiz: 11:42am On Jan 15, 2016
nosike3:
They are all lawbreakers & LETHAL OPPRESSORS.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by Mosh1: 11:56am On Jan 15, 2016
dlashondra:

God Bless You.
God Bless The Nigerian Army
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Nigerian Army....My Heroes.

WE LIE IN THE BUSH WHILE YOU LIE ON YOUR BEDS..

WE SLEEP BESIDE OUR GUNS WHILE U SLEEP BESIDE YOUR WIVES..

U SLEEP IN YOUR HOUSES WHILE WE SLEEP IN THE FRONT LINE

U WEAR NICE CAPS WHILE WE WEAR HEAVY HELMETS..

U WEAR DESIGNERS VESTS WHILE WE WEAR IRON VEST..

IN THE MORNING U ARE AWOKEN BY SWEET ALARM TONES WHILE WE WERE WOKEN UP BY HORROWFUL
SOUND OF BOMBS AND GRENADE..

U MOVE AROUND TOWN IN RANGE ROVERS AND LATEST CARS
BUT WE MOVE IN TANKS AND BUFFALLOS..

WE STAY AWAKE JUST FOR YOU TO SLEEP..

WE KILL FOR YOU TO LIVE..

WE STAND SIDE BY SIDE WITH DEATH ITSELF SO THAT THE FUTURE OF YOUR GENERATION CAN BE ASSURED..

WE SACRIFICE OUR TODAY FOR YOUR TOMORROW..

WE ARE STRONG AT HEART, GREAT IN ACTION, COMMITTED TO OUR COURSE, AND LOYAL TO OUR NATION..

WE ARE SOLDIERS!!!..WITH GREAT ZEAL AND GALLANTRY..

WE FIGHT RELENTLESLY TO WIN YET WE CONTINUE TO FIGHT TO CONQUER INSURGENCY AND TERRORISM..

JUST PRAY FOR US OVER HERE..TO CONQUER IN VICTORY SO THAT WE CAN RETURN TO OUR FAMILY, FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES..

TO THE FALLEN HEROES..WE PRAY THEY CONTINUE TO LIVE ON..WHILE WE FIGHT TO THE END IN VICTORY...IJN

LONG LIVE THE NIGERIAN ARMY!..
LONG LIVE THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES!!...
LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.HAPPY ARMED FORCES REMEMBRANCE
DAY...
15TH JANUARY 2016...
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by naptu2: 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
AUGUST 7, 2003, Chaotic scenes as war-weary Liberians celebrate the return of the Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by alatbaba1(m): 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2016
They risk their life's everyday to make this country a better place while you sit in the comfort of your homes .They are father's to some children, husband to some beautiful women, friends to their loved ones and course mates to some ...

There is a hollow in my heart with a crush of pain in it..

"They are made of little or nothing in wealth but they uphold the task kings and chiefs can not lift.

They are compensated with little still but they stand on their feet.

They shed their sweat to their blood

They sacrifice their flesh to their soul.

THEY ARE THE HERO...

I'M PROUD TO BE A MILITARY MAN.

God bless the NIGERIAN ARMY, NIGERIAN NAVY ,NIGERIAN AIR FORCE...

Happy Armed Forces Remembrance Day to the FALLEN HERO and to those on the War front.
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by alatbaba1(m): 12:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
francisbiz:

I spit on ur grave. U r senseless
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by tigo1: 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2016
God bless d Nigeria army,God bless Nigeria.for did I say r.I.p to ur gallant soldiers.

Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by nosike3(m): 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
francisbiz:

Yahweh bless you.
Re: Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2016)! by nosike3(m): 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
alatbaba1:
They risk their life's everyday to make this country a better place while you sit in the comfort of your homes .They are father's to some children, husband to some beautiful women, friends to their loved ones and course mates to some ...

There is a hollow in my heart with a crush of pain in it..

"They are made of little or nothing in wealth but they uphold the task kings and chiefs can not lift.

They are compensated with little still but they stand on their feet.

They shed their sweat to their blood

They sacrifice their flesh to their soul.

THEY ARE THE HERO...

I'M PROUD TO BE A MILITARY MAN.

God bless the NIGERIAN ARMY, NIGERIAN NAVY ,NIGERIAN AIR FORCE...

Happy Armed Forces Remembrance Day to the FALLEN HERO and to those on the War front.
shut up my friend.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Have Video And Pictures Of Soldiers Engaged In Oil Bunkering — Avengers / I Never Said Oshiomhole Was Bad Luck For APC - Amaechi / FFK: The Muslim North May Retain Power For The Next 20 Years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.