Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,153 members, 7,780,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:45 AM

The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State (19085 Views)

Outrage As Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos, Liters The Road With Patients Blood / Doctor Assaults Registered Nurse At Abaji General Hospital Again / Lagos Floods General Hospital With Mobile-Toilets (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Ataidara: 12:26pm On Jan 15, 2016
In a state that boasts of the highest monthly allocation it is only reasonable to expect that critical sectors of the State such as healthcare would feel a positive impact. I was chanced to peer into the state' Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom and the revelations were disheartening. I would illustrate my points through a few photos.
My submissions are neither political nor based on hearsay as I had to stay in the hospital premises for a couple of days taking care of my sibling. One is only left to wonder if such a place is life sustaining or a death trap. From poor sanitary conditions to lackadaisical attitude of the nurses and cleaners (maybe due to the nonpayment of salaries of the new recruits for about a year now) to difficulty in obtaining essential amenities such as portable water and lightening (no alternative source of power). The list is worrisome.
All parties involved should indeed key into the dakkadda(rise up) slogan of the State and address this and other people-oriented issues.

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by pally212(m): 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2016
Gov.Udom Emmanuel take note...catholic cannot manage Immanuel Hospital let State government take over
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Spicylate(f): 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
Damn it! What?!!!
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Ataidara: 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
Some more

1 Share

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Ataidara: 5:00pm On Jan 15, 2016

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by dominique(f): 5:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
The first picture almost made me throw-up what i was eating. Can someone actually get better in a facility like this?

9 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hey ^^^ clear make I be ftc!!!

The op shld have included (graphic) na. sad angry

U go treat yourself and u carry another thing come house. Isn't this akpabio's state? Thought everything in that state is gold as being displayed in the media?
He must have swallowed the whole tuber of yam. grin grin angry
But ion give a damn. angry angry

10 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by jamp: 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
a country so blessed yet people are dying in poverty. meanwhile some people shared $2.1bn.

This hospital only need 0.01% of that money to have a new look

8 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by psychologist(m): 5:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
Baba bubu why u naa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by ocee31(m): 5:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
Oga put warning
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by CASTOSVILLA(m): 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2016
This first picture is highly disgusting.
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Moblord(m): 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2016
Too bad gaskiya. This will only add to one's health problem. I now know why some people still prefer traditional physicians

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2016
This is extremely extremely bad

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by deligatus(m): 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2016
hmmmm
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Dindondin(m): 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
This is the kind of hospital that you can never get healed fast. The sight of the hospital ll make you sick when you see it.
Dirty Nigeria.
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by brunofarad(m): 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ok
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Btruth: 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
.....and now they will expect Buhari to come and fix this from Abuja oooo.

2 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Gemini21: 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
This is an eye sore

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by TOEZOFFICIAL(m): 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
Akpabio tried wella, did wonders in Uyo....This governor should do sth!

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Ugonnax: 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
X
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by dhesire(m): 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2016
Sorry 'state'

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2016
Is this an APC federal government hospita or the former PDP federation government hospital?

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by brightleave(m): 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
At least the tap dey bring out water
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by brightleave(m): 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
At least the tap dey bring out water shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by playtheblues(f): 5:21pm On Jan 15, 2016
The Governor of Akwa Abasi Ibom, His Excellency Udom Emmanuel has asked the Civil Servants recruited in AKS since November/December 2014 to forfeit their 1 year 2 months accumulated salaries which he is yet to pay them, stating that the state will be broke after paying thousands of them the accumulated salaries.

The Civil Servants have been lamenting. They have been going to work for a year plus now without any form of payment. They are calling on well meaning Nigerians, activists, religious bodies, N.G.O's and the media to come to their aid.

How can people work meticulously for a year plus without receiving salaries?

Some of them resigned from other jobs to take the jobs. Some of them are family men and women, some are even widows.

The other day one of them slumped and died out of hunger and frustrations.

How long will this victimisation go on?

Why is Udom Emanuel playing God?

Why is nobody talking about this? Has he bought the press?

God save the workers from frustrations-related deaths.

4 Likes

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by blezynetym(f): 5:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ataidara:
In a state that boasts of the highest monthly allocation it is only reasonable to expect that critical sectors of the State such as healthcare would feel a positive impact. I was chanced to peer into the state' Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom and the revelations were disheartening. I would illustrate my points through a few photos.
My submissions are neither political nor based on hearsay as I had to stay in the hospital premises for a couple of days taking care of my sibling. One is only left to wonder if such a place is life sustaining or a death trap. From poor sanitary conditions to lackadaisical attitude of the nurses and cleaners (maybe due to the nonpayment of salaries of the new recruits for about a year now) to difficulty in obtaining essential amenities such as portable water and lightening (no alternative source of power). The list is worrisome.
All parties involved should indeed key into the dakkadda(rise up) slogan of the State and address this and other people-oriented issues.
Udom is working, I don travel oooo.I didn't say anything oo

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by mitchyy(f): 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
Oops
Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by blezynetym(f): 5:26pm On Jan 15, 2016
blezynetym:
[quote author=playtheblues post=42006859]The Governor of Akwa Abasi Ibom, His Excellency Udom Emmanuel has asked the Civil Servants recruited in AKS since November/December 2014 to forfeit their 1 year 2 months accumulated salaries which he is yet to pay them, stating that the state will be broke after paying thousands of them the accumulated salaries.
The Civil Servants have been lamenting. They have been going to work for a year plus now without any form of payment. They are calling on well meaning Nigerians, activists, religious bodies, N.G.O's and the media to come to their aid.
How can people work meticulously for a year plus without receiving salaries?
Some of them resigned from other jobs to take the jobs. Some of them are family men and women, some are even widows.
The other day one of them slumped and died out of hunger and frustrations.
How long will this victimisation go on?
Why is Udom Emanuel playing God?
Why is nobody talking about this? Has he bought the press?
God save the workers from frustrations-related deaths.
Udom is working, I don travel oooo.I didn't say anything oo

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by SaAbbas(m): 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
I tot d hospital is not in use for vry long time but I can see people still checkin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by twibs: 5:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
and the 2016 Budget got 36 Billion for 170 Million people and 115 Billion for just 2000 nuisance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sorry State Of Immanuel General Hospital Eket Akwa Ibom State by Kjking(m): 5:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
Oga that's where you lie..... I stay in eket, ma dad was admitted in that hospital last year and it wasn't as bad as this.... the pix is an old pix.... it has been rehabilitated..... so stop painting Akwa ibom bad

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benefits Of Drinking Lipton Tea / Burn Survivor, Kenny Williams Makaveli Shares Before And After Photos / Senate Passes Anti-tobacco Bill, Culprits Could Get Up To 6 Months Jail Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.