Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son (5721 Views)

I’m Happy I Witnessed The Killing Of My Parents-– Ademulegun's Daughter / Fulani Herdsmen Killed Only Three Persons In Agatu, Not 500 – IGP Arase / Burtai We Killed Only Seven People From Shi'a (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by onomeasike: 1:21pm On Jan 15, 2016
This is an excerpt from the interview of the second son of late Brig.Gen. Ademulegun (of Yoruba extraction who was murdered along with his wife in their kaduna home exactly 50years ago),Bankole who witnessed the killing of his mother and father by an Igbo-dominated coup d'etat.

The first coup was masterminded by mainly Igbo majors like Kaduna Nzeogwu and Emmanuel Ifeajuna. Do you think it was an Igbo coup since the only non-Igbo among them was Major Adewale Ademoyega?

I think it is an obvious fact. Look at the crop of officers that were eliminated during the first coup. Most of them that were killed were from the northern and western regions. If you wanted a better Nigeria and you thought that some people would prevent you from achieving your aim, why did you pick out core officers and individuals from a section of the country? I feel it was unfair and improper.

http://www.punchng.com/first-coup-wiped-out-nigerias-finest-officers-ademuleguns-son/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by onomeasike: 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2016
It was from this interview that I knew that Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi didn't approve the execution of Nzeogwu despite the murderous actions of Nzeogwu and his Igbo officers.Now understand that the Igbo abused their privileged dorminant positions in the Nigerian armed forces.
So what do the Igbo want?Don't Igbo owe other Nigerian tribes apology? undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by lekkie073(m): 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2016
D more rason they wlll never be saddled with handling thw leadership mantle of nigeria again....

They r opportunists. ..

4 Likes

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by emmalexabl(m): 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
Igbos do this and that...

una no dry tire ؟؟؟

3 Likes

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by DaBullIT(m): 2:08pm On Jan 15, 2016
[size=38pt]Do not insult Igbos [/size]

Just let them know the truth

That their forefathers caused the Nigerian civil war

They abuse power everytime they have the chance (GEJ)

They are always crying foul when repercussions come

They are always wanting more than everybody else

I argued this point several times

Wikipedia was my main source

Bits and pieces from history extracts

But I promise you some goats will come here and twist this argument

Suspect 1 is xtroirse ,

2 is igirigiEodd

3 is Rose20114

I changed these usernames to avoid mentioning them but look out for these people they are fanatics

This won't make FP but it'll bring insults and hate speeches

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
I listen to nzeogwu's speech and found out after all that he has Nigeria in his interest and acted towards it.
To me he is a hero and if I had a chance I will immortalize his name.

Nzeogwu is a kind of soldier that hated corruption. He disliked the power drunkards who thinks that power was a family business that was ruining and damaging the name of Nigeria at an alarming rate. He overthrown the corrupt government of belewa and killed those that resisted. He later made ironsi the head because of his trust on delivering and protecting him also.

From this abstract I deduce the man wasn't pushed by power but to correct the deformities that was in the government.
Ironsi couldn't do anything stupid because he understands that some northerners where bedeviled by sentiments so ain't objective in both reasoning and thinking.

The man is a hero. Let's respect him jareeh. cheesy
Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by onomeasike: 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2016
Imagine if Kanu and IPod had succeeded, other Nigerians would have been killled and another civil war would have ensued.
So the fears of other Nigerians insisting that Kanu and his cotravellers answer for treason charges and executed if found guilty is not misplaced

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by raumdeuter: 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2016
grin grin
Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by DiademSh07: 3:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
RightBoo:
I listen to nzeogwu's speech and found out after all that he has Nigeria in his interest and acted towards it.

Nzeogwu is a kind of soldier that hated corruption. He disliked the power drunkards who thinks that power was a family business that was ruining and damaging the name of Nigeria at an alarming rate. He overthrown the corrupt government of belewa and killed those that resisted. He later made ironsi the head because of his trust on delivering and protecting him also.

From this abstract I deduce the man wasn't pushed by power but to collect the deformities that was in the government.
Ironsi couldn't do anything stupid because he understands that some northerners where bedeviled by sentiments so ain't objective in both reasoning and thinking.

Yeye!
Because there was no corruption in the East? Only the North and West embolden corruption, right? The reason they killed all other regional leaders except ibos is what?
How does the West and North affairs concern them when it's not their region? Let me remind your coconut head that Nigeria operates regional system as at then, so how is it ibo's business if the West and North were corrupt?
Shameless set of losers!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by BIGERBOY1: 3:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
RightBoo:

From this abstract I deduce the man wasn't pushed by power but to collect the deformities that was in the government.
I don't think that is accurate

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 15, 2016
DiademSh07:

Yeye!
Because there was no corruption in the East? Only the North and West embolden corruption, right? The reason they killed all other regional leaders except ibos is what?
How does the West and North affairs concern them when it's not their region? Let me remind your coconut head that Nigeria operates regional system as at then, so how is it ibo's business if the West and North were corrupt?
Shameless set of losers!

Sire am not trying to be sentimental here. Let's be objective here.
Belewa and his administration was corrupt and was damaging the image of Nigeria which also the Igbo's are part of at that time and rightfully so.

I see no reason why he shouldn't do what he did as a Nigerian soldier, a Nigerian citizen and a Nigerian patriot. He did what he did was right and looking at it clearly that was also the choice of the people to do away with the corrupt politicians which in one way or the other is affecting their life.

Last bullet. Yoruba's where part of nzeogwu's group that executed the coup to restore sanity in Nigeria political space.

They are all my heroes.
And I believe if they are giving the chance to repeat what they did, that they will again do it for the sake of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by mensdept: 5:22pm On Jan 15, 2016
This is the same co.ck and bull stories that they have used for 40 years to discredit the Easterners. But guess what...

WHO CARES WHAT ADEMULEGUN'S son says. Has Nigeria changed from that time? DO we have steady light, good highways, medical centers, television channels, soccer league, or anything great? No

So much for that attempt

6 Likes

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by DiademSh07: 6:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
RightBoo:

Sire am not trying to be sentimental here. Let's be objective here.
Belewa and his administration was corrupt and was damaging the image of Nigeria which also the Igbo's are part of at that time and rightfully so.

I see no reason why he shouldn't do what he did as a Nigerian soldier, a Nigerian citizen and a Nigerian patriot. He did what he did was right and looking at it clearly that was also the choice of the people to do away with the corrupt politicians which in one way or the other is affecting their life.

Last bullet. Yoruba's where part of nzeogwu's group that executed the coup to restore sanity in Nigeria political space.

They are all my heroes.
And I believe if they are giving the chance to repeat what they did, that they will again do it for the sake of Nigeria.
Just as Awolowo, Gowon, The Northern coupist and the 1967 army are all my heroes for dealing with the self entitled greedy parasitic losers once and for all!
Can you imagine? It's okay that they kill other regional leaders but not ibos yet losers like you think they are heroes for cleansing Nigeria? How does the North and West corruption concern you losers from the East in the first place?
Imagine the nonsense! That brings me back to their wailing of betrayal once biafra was stopped at Ore and subsequently subdued! What about the atrocities the Biafra committed in Midwestern and Ore? Oh, ibo are allowed hurt their fellows but no one should dare retaliate, right? Hypocrisy at its peak!
Bunch of shameless landlocked losers!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
[s]
DiademSh07:

Just as Awolowo, Gowon, The Northern coupist and the 1967 army are my heroes for dealing with the self entitled greedy parasitic losers once and for all!
Can you imagine? It's okay that they kill other regional leaders but not ibos yet losers like you think they are. Heroes for cleansing Nigeria? How does the North and West corruption concern you losers from the East?
Imagine the nonsense! That brings me back to their wailing of betrayal once biafra was stopped at Ore and subsequently subdued! What about the atrocities the Biafra committed in Midwestern and Ore? Oh, ibo are allowed hurt their fellows but no one should dare retaliate, right? Hypocrisy at its peak!
Bunch of shameless losers!
[/s]

Another rubbish.

1 Like

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by DiademSh07: 7:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
RightBoo:
[s][/s]
Another rubbish.
Filled in your brain! Yeye man!

5 Likes

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by raumdeuter: 7:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
DiademSh07:

Just as Awolowo, Gowon, The Northern coupist and the 1967 army are all my heroes for dealing with the self entitled greedy parasitic losers once and for all!
Can you imagine? It's okay that they kill other regional leaders but not ibos yet losers like you think they are heroes for cleansing Nigeria? How does the North and West corruption concern you losers from the East in the first place?
Bunch of shameless landlocked losers!

My own hero is no one else but Benjamin Babamaja Adekunle better known as Black Scorpion. In some places in the east till today if you mention his name grown men shiit on themselves

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by NakedEve: 7:43pm On Jan 15, 2016
What I am yet to understand is why civilian Igbos were killed because of the coup even though their leaders started the trouble?
Many coups have occured in this country after that yet the civilian populace of the people who carried out the coup were not harmed, y is this so?

Why blame Igbo civilians(who did not even know what happened and who were not part of the coup) and kill them?
And y have other ethnicities not been wiped out too when people from their ethnic group became coup makers?

Buhari did a coup. Y were Fulani's not wiped out?

4 Likes

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2016
Why WE struck

1 Like

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by raumdeuter: 7:49pm On Jan 15, 2016
NakedEve:
What I am yet to understand is why civilian Igbos were killed because of the coup even though their leaders started the trouble?
Many coups have occured in this country after that yet the civilian populace of the people who carried out the coup were not harmed, y is this so?

Why blame Igbo civilians(who did not even know what happened and who were not part of the coup) and kill them?
And y have other ethnicities not been wiped out too when people from their ethnic group became coup makers?

Because Ibo soldiers killed other peoples civilians too

Balewa, Bello, Akintola, Ademuleguns wife were all innocent civilians and their lives also matters

Kill my civilian I kill yours

10 Likes

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by T8ksy(m): 7:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
NakedEve:

Go ask the Americans why they dropped the atomic bomb on the civilian populace of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

9 Likes

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
raumdeuter:

Because Ibo soldiers killed other peoples civilians too

Balewa, Bello, Akintola, Ademuleguns wife were all innocent civilians and their lives also matters

Kill my civilian I kill yours
What about the civilians in this video

[flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89mI34Z29JM
[/flash]
Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by raumdeuter: 7:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
imhotep:

What about the civilians in this video

[flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89mI34Z29JM
[/flash]

The people who took them are also getting killed in droves

2 Likes

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by OfoIgbo: 8:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
T8ksy:

Go ask the Americans why they dropped the atomic bomb on the civilian populace of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

America did not drop the bomb at peace time.

Anyway, pogroms against easterners in the north started in 1945. So I will be interested in knowing the justification for the earlier pogroms against easterners

24 Likes

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by T8ksy(m): 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
OfoIgbo:

America did not drop the bomb at peace time.

Anyway, pogroms against easterners in the north started in 1945. So I will be interested in knowing the justification for the earlier pogroms against easterners

Was there war in nigeria when ibo soldiers killed leaders of the northern region?

Despite the pogroms in 1945, i will also be interested in knowing why of all the 3 regional leaders, it was only zik and his people that were

singing the discordant tune of One nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by Slikbae: 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2016
GEJ is not Igbo
DaBullIT:
[size=38pt]Do not insult Igbos [/size]

Just let them know the truth

That their forefathers caused the Nigerian civil war

They abuse power everytime they have the chance (GEJ)

They are always crying foul when repercussions come

They are always wanting more than everybody else

I argued this point several times

Wikipedia was my main source

Bits and pieces from history extracts

But I promise you some goats will come here and twist this argument

Suspect 1 is xtroirse ,

2 is igirigiEodd

3 is Rose20114

I changed these usernames to avoid mentioning them but look out for these people they are fanatics

This won't make FP but it'll bring insults and hate speeches

1 Like

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by Weedcrusher: 8:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
Let there be harmony and peace

5 Likes

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by xtrorry: 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
Battle Between Awolowo, Akintola Led To 1966 Coup- Yakassai 

https://www.nairaland.com/2867045/battle-between-awolowo-akintola-led

Facts have emerged of the factors which led to January 15, 1966 coup.

This, according Dr Tanko Yakassai, an active political player in the First Republic having held several national positions in the defunct Northern Elements Peoples Union, NEPU, was as a result of the battle between the Awolowo and Akintola factions.

In this interview published by Vanguard, the former National Financial Secretary, National Youth Leader, National Organising Secretary and subsequently National Secretary of the Aminu Kano led party expatiated on the factors that led to the January 15, 1966 coup and the consequences thereafter.

You were very much around in 1966. Was there any need for the coup of that year?

No, and I said it in my autobiography because, the only argument was that there were political crises in Western Nigeria between two factions of the Action Group AG -the Awolowo group and that of Akintola.

Of course, that crisis was serious but it was only limited to areas around Ibadan and Ijebu-Ode. Then, in Tiv division, there was crisis between supporters of the AG and UMBC and the result was that the crisis in these two places led to some killings, but the rest of the country was in peace.

The pretext the military used was that they took over power in order to quell those two crises in those areas. But if you look at the consequences of their actions -all they wanted to do was to save lives, but the coup led to the civil war and a rough estimate of the number of people killed on both sides during the war was five million which was not even the accurate figure.

So, if you came to save less than a hundred lives and you ended up killing over five million people, would you call that intervention justified? The coup was not necessary, but it was part of the process of development. You see, what brought about it was the quarrel in the Action Group, but even that quarrel, according to insiders, was not “national”.

People said it was a quarrel between the wife of the AG leader, Chief Awolowo and the wife of the man who succeeded him, his deputy, Chief Akintola and the reason for the fight was that when Awolowo was the Premier, the allegation was that his wife was getting contracts for the supply of exercise books and reading materials in primary and secondary schools and that when he left power and was succeeded by his deputy, the wife of the deputy insisted that the contract should be shared between her and Mrs Awolowo.

That led to a quarrel between the two wives and eventually it became a quarrel between two giants which led to the break-up of the party, but the public view of the crisis was that Akintola was of the opinion that the only way for the Yorubas to be in the mainstream of Nigerian politics was to cooperate with the northern leaders.

Awolowo was opposed to that and the crisis led to the split of the party at their convention in Jos, I think in 1962 or thereabout. That was what led to the crisis and also that was the excuse given by the military to take over power.

In essence, could that be the beginning of our setback in our quest for true democracy?

In our march towards perfecting democratic rule, the military intervention was the main cause of our setback. The first one of 1966 and the second one of 1983 when Buhari overthrew Shagari.

We have had 16 straight years of civilian rule. Do you foresee any possible military incursion in the nearest future?

Well, I am not God; only God can tell what would happen in the future but, at times the disenchantment and dissatisfaction within the society at large, could affect the psyche of the different segments of the society, the military also included. For instance, there is widespread poverty and lack money in circulation in the country now. People, hardly are able to have enough to take care of themselves and their dependents.

The military took over in 1966 believing that they could stop the killings in some parts of the West, but in the end they created a condition for the civil war. When the price of oil came down from $45 to about $7 per barrel in 1982/83, Buhari and his group thought that if they took over power, they would be able to handle the situation. This was exactly why they overthrew Shagari.

I read Buhari’s broadcast and he talked of corruption but there was no corruption because I just went through the list of members of Shagari’s cabinet, aides, ministers, advisers, assistants and others, and I think we were 75 or so. Throughout the two-year period of the military tribunal, only five people were indicted. Most of those convicted were state government officials but people at the centre, the majority of them, were not indicted and so we cannot describe that regime as corrupt.

The corruption that we are now talking about was exacerbated by the military from 1983 to date. Even the misfortune we had was that when this country was going back to civilian rule, power was handed over by the military to a retired military officer and therefore he ran the system with a military psyche.

Now, he handpicked Yar’Adua and after he died, he (Obasanjo) manoeuvred to get Jonathan to take over with the hope that he would continue to dictate from the background. He amended the constitution of his party to make himself the life-chairman of the Board of Trustees BOT.

This was after he had sold everything salable to his kitchen cabinet boys and when Yar’Adua came, he realized that life could not continue that way and he decided to reverse the sales of many of those properties and other policies. When Jonathan succeeded Yar’Adua, Obasanjo also hoped that he would stay in his Ota Farm to be dictating things to Jonathan because dictatorship is part of the military psyche and they live by directing their subordinates.

https://www.naij.com/697044-must-read-tanko-yakassai-reveals-battle-awolowo-akintola-led-1966-coup.html

1 Like

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by xtrorry: 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/1073512/names-1966-coup-plotters.judge-self

For those of us who have been
falsely claiming that the 1966
first military coup was led by
Igbos to exterminate non Igbo
leaders in order take over the
country and branded it as an "Igbo coup" should go back to
history and facts to help
themselves out. This was the
reason they claimed the whole
country rallied against Igbos to
wipe them out in a genocide. This is a malicious and cheap
propaganda contrived to make
their claims stick. But the more
you try to bury facts and truth,
themore the inconsistences of
your hypocrisy and lies continues to surface. You
cannever murder history. It's
not possible!
The truth is that, those who led
the military putsh were
motivated by the injustices, prejudice, nepotism and the
lopesided nature of federal and
military appointments the
behemoths in power then were
doing to subjugate and
dominate others by force, arrogantly promote one section
over another. It was never an
Igbo affair as is being peddled
to find relevance. Now take a look at the list of
the '66 coup plotters and render
your own judgement;

1. Major Chukwuma Kaduna
Nzeogwu(Delta Igbo)
2. Major Adewale Ademoyega
(Yoruba) author of "Why we
struck"
3. Capt. G. Adeleke(Yoruba)
4. Maj. Ifeajuna(Igbo)
5. Lt. Fola Oyewole(Yoruba)
author of "The reluctant rebel"
6. Lt. R. Egbiko(Esean)
7. Lt. Tijani Katsina(Hausa/
Fulani) 8. Lt. O. Olafemiyan(Yoruba)
9. Capt. Gibson Jalo(Bali)
10. Capt. Swanton(Middle Belt)
11. Lt. Hope Harris Eghagha
(Urhobo)
12. Lt. Dag Warribor(Ijaw) 13. 2nd Lt. Saleh Dambo(Hausa)
14. 2nd Lt. John Atom Kpera (Tiv).

So, to an unbiased observer,
what evidence can one provide
to show that Igbos actually
carried out the coup in order to
exterminate other tribes and
take over the country? It is very easy to sell falshood, but it is
very difficult to provide facts to
buttress your claims. It is now clear even to a
suckling, that the imperialist
genocidists crammed up this
murderous lies against the
Igbos to find reasons to
perpetually keep them under hate.
One even wonders why the
nigerian state and perpetrators
of the gruesome genocide have
been preventing the proper
documentation of that episode for the benefits of her posterity.
Terrible!!

1 Like

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by xtrorry: 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
@DaBullshIT take note:

N.B: The essence of this information is mainly to expose the lies of the notorious history distortionists and wicked propagandists who insult and malign others continually with lies and falsehood, and shout and make much noise on every available media. This a tribe that is after all well known for being loose cannons. Uncouth, uncivilised and disrespectful set of people who made a career out of abuse and slurs.
The same treacheerous beings who precipitated the January 1966 coup and the 1967-70 civil war with their bloody 'Operation Wetie ' in the SW. They start trouble and heat up the polity only to run cowardly to hide in their evil Soka forest when the jungle matures.

Disciple of hate and propaganda, here are the members of Yoruba tribe that participated in the January 1966 coup:
(See Ben Gbulie: ‘Nigeria’s Five Majors.’).

*Adewale Ademoyega is the most prominent Yoruba participant in the coup, there were other Yoruba officers who were involved at the dangerous execution stage of the coup. One of them is:

*Second Lieutenant Olafimihan, an officer serving under Madiebo in Kaduna. He was sent by the plotters to gauge his commander’s loyalty. (See Madiebo pp.17-18).

*Another is Lieutenant (some books refer to him as a Captain) Fola Oyewole. He, like Ademoyega, went on to fight for Biafra and wrote a book on his coup and wartime experiences. The book’s title is ‘Reluctant Rebel.’

*There is also Captain Ganiyu Adeleke who became an instructor in the Biafran Infantry School. For confirmation, see the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108, and this quote from Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’: ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry was released at a later date after his co-plotters had been freed.’ Omoigui’s work is significant because, though he exhibits a high level of professionalism in his research, he has no sympathy for the January 15 coup. If his facts corroborate Ademoyega’s they are worthy of attention.

For personal studies consult the following sources of my posts: 

*http://www.naijastories.com/2013/04/the-facts-and-fiction-of-the-january-15-1966-coup/

*https://www.nairaland.com/334770/famous-aburi-conference-full-minute/3

* Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’ - where he mentioned ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry.

* ‘Why We Struck’ - a book by  Adewale Ademoyega, a full blooded Yoruba army officer, who was deeply involved in the planning and execution of the January 1966 coup.

* Max Silloun (the military historian) landmark online article - ‘The inside story of Nigeria’s first military coup Parts 1 and 2

* 'Nigeria’s Five Majors’ - book by Ben Gbulie

* Major General Alexander Madiebo - excerpts from his interview with National Mirror
http://elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/13104-blame-gowon-and-awolowo-for-biafra-genocide-general-madiebo

* ‘Reluctant Rebel’ - a book by Captain Fola Oyewole, who went on to fight for Biafra just like Ademoyega 

* See the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108

* Sanusi Lamido's writings, "Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. 

* Sanusi Lamido's writings/publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)

* Sanusi Lamido's paper presented at the “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

Get the books and published papers and acquire some useful knowledge that can help you make informed decisions, and unravel the lies and propaganda being peddled in the public domain by the criminal 'sophisticated' tribe, even in this age of information technology.

2 Likes

Re: It's Unfair Nzeogu Killed Only Non-igbo Officers"late Gen.ademulegun's Son by Nobody: 4:09am On Jan 16, 2016
Weedcrusher:
History has shown that Igbos soldiers run away when it matters most. Ifeajuna ran to ghana in the middle of the coup while ojukwu ran to ivory coast in the middle of the war.

Until igbos explain why other regional political leaders and military top rank personnel were killed and their leaders such as Nnamdi Azikiwe, Michael Okpara and Aguiyi Ironsi were left unscathed, then there is nothing that will happen to the igbos that will make me pity them

Guy pity yourself first. No one cares about your concern. So park if you get car.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun Signs Mou On Cotton Production! / Corruption: The US Senate Report That Finally Nailed Atiku Abubakar / Nigerian Skyscraper Built 400 Yrs Before Colonialism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.