Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Why Did Jesus Die - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Die (4837 Views)

Did Jesus Die For His Sin Or Cluelessness? / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / Did Jesus Die On A Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jesus Die by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2009
Dear christian friends, is there anywhere in the bible where Jesus says he was dying to atone for our sins?
I need the verses, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Abuzola(m): 11:19pm On Jun 20, 2009
Each man will have to bear his own burden (load) Galathian 6:5, so jesus paying for anoda man's burden is not on d line

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Abuzola(m): 11:22pm On Jun 20, 2009
You shall bear ur consequence for sining and not jesus

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:23pm On Jun 20, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Dear christian friends, is there anywhere in the bible where Jesus says he was dying to atone for our sins?
I need the verses, thanks.
It would be better if you stuck to your hadiths. Still waiting for your reasons why there is an almighty.
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 21, 2009
you dont "need" the verses . . . you are simply looking for another avenue to mock.
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:37am On Jun 21, 2009
davidylan:

you dont "need" the verses . . . you are simply looking for another avenue to mock.
Psychic david if you have got none your silence would be very much appreciated grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 21, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Psychic david if you have got none your silence would be very much appreciated grin grin grin

I just finished looking thru a couple . . . but posting them for you would be a waste of time as a healthy debate isnt what you're after.
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:05am On Jun 21, 2009
davidylan:

I just finished looking thru a couple . . . but posting them for you would be a waste of time as a healthy debate isnt what you're after.
I was not even after a debate your psychic mind should have told you that.
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by noetic2: 1:06am On Jun 21, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

what EXACTLY were u after?
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 21, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

You're late . . . i already made that deduction in my earlier post.
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:43am On Jun 21, 2009
noetic2:

what EXACTLY were u after?
Refuting claims in a book I am reading that Jesus did not say so, is that reason enough?
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 21, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Refuting claims in a book I am reading that Jesus did not say so, is that reason enough?

We are not refuting machines. pick a bible and verify yourself. How long would it take you to rush through matthew to john especially if you use a bible that highlights the words of Christ in red? We did that within a couple of days as 7yr olds.

To imagine you were accusing someone of laziness a few hrs ago. You just sit on your pc and arrogate to urself the "right" to bleat about "refutation".

You people are downright intellectually lazy and largely have a low mental accuity. Sorry to have to reach that conclusion.
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:19am On Jun 21, 2009
davidylan:

We are not refuting machines. pick a bible and verify yourself. How long would it take you to rush through matthew to john especially if you use a bible that highlights the words of Christ in red? We did that within a couple of days as 7yr olds.

To imagine you were accusing someone of laziness a few hrs ago. You just sit on your pc and arrogate to urself the "right" to bleat about "refutation".

You people are downright intellectually lazy and largely have a low mental accuity. Sorry to have to reach that conclusion.
You are too full of yourself my pikin, take am easy life is not about your small head, I needed to sample peoples opinions, if you are not giving yours (on the issue at least ) then just move on, shio na crime to ask question again, grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Nobody: 2:25am On Jun 21, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

You are too full of yourself my pikin, take am easy life is not about your small head, I needed to sample peoples opinions, if you are not giving yours (on the issue at least ) then just move on, shio na crime to ask question again, grin grin grin

Go read the bible . . . you're the one full of yourself. You think you can lazily waltz in here and start "demanding answers". Bibles are free, get one . . . read it and if you find a problem ask your nearest pastor. Stop disturbing us here with your hare-brained excuses you mistakenly call "questions".
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:28am On Jun 21, 2009
davidylan:

Go read the bible . . . you're the one full of yourself. You think you can lazily waltz in here and start "demanding answers". Bibles are free, get one . . . read it and if you find a problem ask your nearest pastor. Stop disturbing us here with your hare-brained excuses you mistakenly call "questions".
See how body dey bite you even when person no wan argue with you , oya go sleep na, you be Seun, eh? Abi has God told you this website is your chosen land too?
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by noetic2: 2:39am On Jun 21, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

No its not. one wonders why u spend so much time on a book u dont believe in.

u should be searching for the evolution missing links.
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:49am On Jun 21, 2009
noetic2:

No its not. one wonders why u spend so much time on a book u dont believe in.

u should be searching for the evolution missing links.
I really do not think you are in as deep as david is already, that is why I was pointing out to you that your belief in Noah's story is as absurd as Abuzola's belief that the moon came down. You towed david's line on the whole evolution thingy and you are towing his line here again, do you really think for yourself at all, oh by the way if you have ever taken any vaccine that would be evolutions principles being applied.
Cheers.
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by noetic2: 2:57am On Jun 21, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

I really do not think you are in as deep as david is already, that is why I was pointing out to you that your belief in Noah's story is as absurd as Abuzola's belief that the moon came down. You towed david's line on the whole evolution thingy and you are towing his line here again, do you really think for yourself at all, oh by the way if you have ever taken any vaccine that would be evolutions principles being applied.
Cheers.

whats the meaning of all this crap? I have repeatedly discredited the evolution LIE based on several posers I have raised which NO evolutionist has been able to answer till date.

why EXACTLY do u have a problem defending evolution?
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:00am On Jun 21, 2009
noetic2:

whats the meaning of all this crap? I have repeatedly discredited the evolution LIE based on several posers I have raised which NO evolutionist has been able to answer till date.

why EXACTLY do u have a problem defending evolution?
Simple really, I see no use in defending it because scientists have done a good job at it why bother?
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by justcool(m): 9:23am On Jun 21, 2009
@Chrisbenogor
Nice and thought provoking thread!

The Truth is that Jesus never said such things. Jesus taught people to strive for righteousness because only the righteous person will enter the kingdom of God.

He never said that He was dying to atone for our sins. Christ came to teach us how to live a righteous or God-pleasing life. He came to give us the words of God. One becomes righteous by believing the words of Jesus and making the words come alive within, I.e. by living the words. This is the only thing that can save man.

What a man sows is what he must reap. Believing that Jesus died for you will not save you. I personally believe that that idea was invented by Lucifer to deter men from striving for righteousness.

Jesus urged men to become righteous. According to the bible, He said:

"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."
(Mathew 5:20)

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father, which is in heaven is perfect."(Mathew 5: 48)

If you read the beatitude you will see that basically what He is saying is that what you give out is what you receive. This is the golden rule -- you reap what you sow. Even in the Lord's prayer He said "forgive us our trespasses as we have forgiven those that trespassed against us." In other words, you must give forgiveness to others before you expect to receive forgiveness from God. This is the same principle of "you reap what you so."

Those that sow righteousness, will receive the reward of righteousness. The reward for righteousness is admission to the kingdom of God. Those that sow evil will not receive this reward irrespective of what they believe. They must pay for their evil, or depart from evil, otherwise they are headed towards destruction irrespective of their belief that Christ had payed for their sins. This belief is a mockery to God's justice, those that believe it are deceiving themselves.

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap."(Galatians 6:7)

Nobody will pay for your sins except yourself.

Thanks and remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:56pm On Jun 21, 2009
justcool:

@Chrisbenogor
Nice and thought provoking thread!

The Truth is that Jesus never said such things. Jesus taught people to strive for righteousness because only the righteous person will enter the kingdom of God.

He never said that He was dying to atone for our sins. Christ came to teach us how to live a righteous or God-pleasing life. He came to give us the words of God. One becomes righteous by believing the words of Jesus and making the words come alive within, I.e. by living the words. This is the only thing that can save man.

What a man sows is what he must reap. Believing that Jesus died for you will not save you. I personally believe that that idea was invented by Lucifer to deter men from striving for righteousness.

Jesus urged men to become righteous. According to the bible, He said:

"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."
(Mathew 5:20)

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father, which is in heaven is perfect."(Mathew 5: 48)

If you read the beatitude you will see that basically what He is saying is that what you give out is what you receive. This is the golden rule -- you reap what you sow. Even in the Lord's prayer He said "forgive us our trespasses as we have forgiven those that trespassed against us." In other words, you must give forgiveness to others before you expect to receive forgiveness from God. This is the same principle of "you reap what you so."

Those that sow righteousness, will receive the reward of righteousness. The reward for righteousness is admission to the kingdom of God. Those that saw evil will not receive this reward irrespective of what they believe. They must pay for their evil, or depart from evil, otherwise they are headed towards destruction irrespective of their belief that Christ had payed for their sins. This belief is a mockery to God's justice, those that believe it are deceiving themselves.

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap."(Galatians 6:7)

Just the kind of input I need, thank you bro.
Is there anywhere at all in the gospels where Jesus says he came to die for the sin of man?
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by petres007(m): 11:31am On Jul 24, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Is there anywhere at all in the gospels where Jesus says he came to die for the sin of man?

@Chrisbenogor,

I really don't know what you're up to. But here's one sha:

27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you;
28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
Matthew 26:27-28
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Duroe: 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2009
Chrisbenogor :
Not only did Jesus Christ mentioned that He came to die for mankind, it was in fulfilment of several prophecies by Holy prophets in the old Testament part of the Bible. Read
1: Isaiah 53, Acts 8
2: DAn 9

Jesus prayed that , 'father deliver me from this hour, but for this hour (referring to his imminent crucifixion then) have I come.
Angel Gabriel told Mary His name shall be called Jesus for He shall save, from their sins'
John the Baptist said- Behold the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world'

Abuzola:
Everyman shall bear his own burden (not talking about sin in particular but some repercussions of one actions) for example if you commits abortion and get your wound damaged, you can be forgiven but forgiveness will not necessarily give you another womb. Or if you cach any disease from immorality, forgiveness will not automatically get you healed.
If you are a Saint (your sins forgiven), if you do not work you will be poor and hungary.
The death of Jesus Christ is to redeem us (mjankind) from the eternal consequence of a sinful life, not automatically providing relief or healing for bodily damage, career distortion caused by a sinful life.

As for your word that no one can die for another, it is partilly true. If a convicted prisoner cannot be accepted to stand as surety for the freedom of another convicted prisoner so can no sinful man pay for the sin of another man as far as redemption or securing forgiveness from God is concerned.
However, right from the time of the garden of Eden thru the time of Abraham, Job, and prophets, have the blood of innocent animals been shed to make a form of amend to the sin committed by men. If sin will make u lose your life, then a life have to be given to redeem your life. Te life of an animal is not equivalent to that of man so it is not adequate for man's redemption. It will take someone whose life will be equal to the life of everyman that will ever live to be adequate for man's redemption. So The Word of God (by whom everything was made) became flesh (Jesus Christ) and exchange His life for the redemption of every man.
Now any man that believe in this work of redemption and follow the Saviour till death will have his redemption guarrantteed.
Rejection of Christ means you will bear the burden of your sin alone which is eternal condemnation banishment in hell for eternity from the Almighty God.
This is the message of the Holy Bible- and not becoming millionaires or successful or getting healing etc which are just fringe benefits.
Redemption is the only thing Satan cannot provide. No religion or good work will provide redemption for any man. It is provided in Jesus Christ ONLY.
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Eaglebabe: 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2009
Jesus died to save you and l.
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 25, 2009
justcool:

God pls save us from these damnable heresies . . . where did the above individual get this lie of the devil? Jesus didnt come to "teach us to strive for righteousness" . . . He came that we may have life and have it abundantly.

justcool:

He never said that He was dying to atone for our sins. Christ came to teach us how to live a righteous or God-pleasing life.

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Of course . . . that's what a godless soul wants to hear.

Why dont you read the bible for yourself? why are you folks always asking for bible verses?
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:31pm On Jul 25, 2009
davidylan:

Of course . . . that's what a godless soul wants to hear.

Why dont you read the bible for yourself? why are you folks always asking for bible verses?
Wetin be your business na you say you no wan talk I say ok shut up and let go.
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Wetin be your business na you say you no wan talk I say ok shut up and let go.

my business is in ensuring that FALSE MISREPRESENTATION of the bible to suit godless souls (who still spend all their time on God anyway - how hypocritical) do not go unnoticed.
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:42pm On Jul 25, 2009
Then you ask people who are misrepresenting it, me I only want to see what their views and opinions are not judge them shikena, why is that biting you?
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by wirinet(m): 6:46pm On Jul 25, 2009
I like Thomas Paine's views on the same question, which i quote below;

The theory or doctrine of redemption has for its basis an idea of pecuniary justice, and not that of moral justice.
If I owe a person money, and cannot pay him, and he threatens to put me in prison, another person can take the debt upon himself, and pay it for me. But if I have committed a crime, every circumstance of the case is changed. Moral justice cannot take the innocent for the guilty even if the innocent would offer itself. To suppose justice to do this, is to destroy the principle of its existence, which is the thing itself. It is then no longer justice. It is indiscriminate revenge.
This single reflection will show that the doctrine of redemption is founded on a mere pecuniary idea corresponding to that of a debt which another person might pay; and as this pecuniary idea corresponds again with the system of second redemptions, obtained through the means of money given to the church for pardons, the probability is that the same persons fabricated both the one and the other of those theories; and that, in truth, there is no such thing as redemption; that it is fabulous;

Now here are some quote from Revelation by Jesus himself (Supposedly);

And the sea gave up the dead which are in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
- Rev20:11

And, behold, i come quickly and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. - Rev22:12
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 25, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Then you ask people who are misrepresenting it, me I only want to see what their views and opinions are not judge them shikena, why is that biting you?

that again is untrue.

wirinet:

Now here are some quote from Revelation by Jesus himself (Supposedly); - Rev20:11

And, behold, i come quickly and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. - Rev22:12

Do you understand that verse or you're just misquoting it as usual? To start with . . . as long as you're not saved by the precious blood of Jesus you are going to hell even if you were the most moral person on earth.

Works alone cannot save you! Christ's blood cleanses from all sin!
Re: Why Did Jesus Die by justcool(m): 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2009
davidylan:

God pls save us from these damnable heresies . . . where did the above individual get this lie of the devil? Jesus didnt come to "teach us to strive for righteousness" . . . He came that we may have life and have it abundantly.

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

davidylan
the probelem with you is that you quote a scripture and give it whatever meaning you like without paying attention to what the scripture actually said.

The scripture said " He shall save his people from their sins." Where does it say He is sent to be crucified so as to pay for their sins?
He came to save us from our sins! This is true, He saves us from our sins by bringing us the Truth which if we live by it, we will be freed from our sins.  This is the meaning of the scripture. Only by living according to the teaching of Jesus can one avoid sin, and only by living according to His teachings can one attain righteousness which will open the door of paradise for such a blessed person.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gospel Singer Goes Dirty On Stage (photo) / Last Sunday Of The Month Prayers(photos) / I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.