Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project (1731 Views)

Need Someone That Can Help Code And Do Writeup For Final Year Project / Need A Programming Solution To You Final Year Project? / Help Pls With My Final Year Project Chapter2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project by nettwrock(m): 5:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hello, Fellow nairalanders, please your sincere and honest answer is needed. I am a final student in one of the federal school in nigeria, i am in computer science department and i was given a project on " student-teacher interactive mobile app(Android vers). as a novice please i want you to help me on the necessary tools needed to execute the project, from the "Programming language to use and all other necessary tools(plugins, sdk and others). thanks.
Re: Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project by Fulaman198(m): 7:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
If it's an Android app, of course you will use Java ROFL. You will also want to download Android Studio (which is a pretty large file).
Re: Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
But wait oo!!
Were you not taught ; The Java?
Re: Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project by DonSegmond(m): 10:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
why would they give you a project on something you haven't been taught?
Re: Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 15, 2016
http://myapptemplates.com/simple-android-chat-app-parse-integration-tutorial/
1.download the template and import it .
2. download the sdk and copy the jar file to your lib directory of your project
3. follow the guidelines on github

http://myapptemplates.com/product/sample-android-chat-app-template-with-parse-backend/

https://github.com/codepath/android_guides/wiki/Building-Simple-Chat-Client-with-Parse

go to www.parse.com and get the api key and some details . It is not free you will be asked to pay some amount of money .

After that follow the required instructions on github . and build the apps .

Android studio is a good tool

2 Likes

Re: Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project by Fulaman198(m): 7:23am On Jan 16, 2016
DonSegmond:
why would they give you a project on something you haven't been taught?

Don, with all due respect, many Universities world wide expect their students to be some what adventurous. What I mean by that is that even when one is outside of the University, they expect Computer Science students to be developing things with their spare time (and that is what a Comp Sci/Comp Engineering Student (both undergrad and grad) should be doing.

With how popular mobile apps and devices are these days, one should take the opportunity to practice with Java and Android Studio and Xcode(Swift and Objective-C) for iOS development. Though iOS development has some very ridiculous requirements (meaning that you need a Mac device).
Re: Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project by Fulaman198(m): 7:26am On Jan 16, 2016
To add onto what the OP is asking about, in order for us to better assist you, we need more details. You mentioned it is a student-teacher interactive app? Is it some sort of survey? If so, then you would have to add a lot of radio buttons via Android studio to your app.

Android Studio can be downloaded here:

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

I don't know what your monthly data allotment is set to, but this is a very large file.

1 Like

Re: Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 16, 2016
incase you can't code I will recommend a website called appgreyeser . no coding or software just build . @fulaman198 is right , the files are very large and you still have to download sdk tools individually .

I gave you a suggestion so that you can meet the deadline .

Appgreyeser

1 Like

Re: Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project by foldl: 3:06pm On Jan 17, 2016
proxy20:
...go to www.parse.com and get the api key and some details...

+1 for parse.com, it makes it possible to build a mobile app without worrying about building the back end from scratch.

A similar approach to parse.com would be to use CouchDB as your back end leveraging its restful interface and a tool like PouchDB for the client. However, this assumes that your mobile app will be written in JavaScript using something like react-native or ionic. If you wish to follow this approach you can setup free CouchDB instances on www.iriscouch.com
Re: Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project by DonSegmond(m): 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2016
Fulaman198:

Don, with all due respect, many Universities world wide expect their students to be some what adventurous. What I mean by that is that even when one is outside of the University, they expect Computer Science students to be developing things with their spare time (and that is what a Comp Sci/Comp Engineering Student (both undergrad and grad) should be doing.

With how popular mobile apps and devices are these days, one should take the opportunity to practice with Java and Android Studio and Xcode(Swift and Objective-C) for iOS development. Though iOS development has some very ridiculous requirements (meaning that you need a Mac device).
Sure, but at the very least equip them with basic requirements. Don't have people develop iOS apps, if you never gave them iOS training. If that's the case, then what's the point of going to school? I don't know much about Naija university, but any University in the western world, will give you at least basic training in a certain area before asking you to build a project in that area. What does amuse me with these project requests I see on here is, I wonder if the professors themselves can even build such projects.

1 Like

Re: Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project by Fulaman198(m): 5:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
DonSegmond:

Sure, but at the very least equip them with basic requirements. Don't have people develop iOS apps, if you never gave them iOS training. If that's the case, then what's the point of going to school? I don't know much about Naija university, but any University in the western world, will give you at least basic training in a certain area before asking you to build a project in that area. What does amuse me with these project requests I see on here is, I wonder if the professors themselves can even build such projects.

You are absolutely correct, and that's why I'm happy to have attended university in the West but I'm happy to be living in Nigeria instead. But that's besides the point.

I wonder too if these university professors can do the assignments that they are assigning.
Re: Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 19, 2016
Not sure 
Re: Your Help Is Needed In My Final Year Project by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 19, 2016
Because of the deadline, use an online app builder, but i can assure you that you won't learn anything professional about android app development apart from a basic understanding of how apps work.
The top rated app builder out there is www.appypie.com/android-app-builder
But after that, take time to learn android development (Using Eclipse or Android Studio)

I like the way you approach questions and provide tangible answers @proxy20

Let's keep the programming forums alive!

(1) (Reply)

Can I Design Mobile Apps Without Coding Knowledge? / This is the best email marketing software in 2022 / ISTQB Standard Trained Software Tester. Any Other Tester In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.