Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Vegetarianism - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Vegetarianism (3332 Views)

The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vegetarianism by oyinda3(f): 5:39am On Jun 21, 2009
Imagine you woke up tomorrow and find that the govt has banned all from eating meat.
goat skin, chicken, cow meat, everything is contaminated or uneatable for two years. what would you do? tongue

I've never heard of a nigerian vegetarian and I wonder how we would cope if this law was put into effect. how would you cope??
and what do you think of vegetarians (ppl who don't eat meat for whatever reasons) and the whole no meat idea.
Re: Vegetarianism by dominique(f): 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2009
ban naija people from eating meat. . . they will be war and nation wide strike. i wonder if there are any Nigerian vegans out there.
Re: Vegetarianism by oyinda3(f): 7:26pm On Jun 21, 2009
dominique:

ban naija people from eating meat. . . they will war and nation wide strike. i wonder if there are any Nigerian vegans out there.

I'm wondering the same
Re: Vegetarianism by dominique(f): 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2009
i bet none of them will be yoruba. . .ma people loooooove their meat tongue
Re: Vegetarianism by Nobody: 2:09am On Jun 23, 2009
LOL. I tried going vegetarian, its so boring.
Boring soy subtitued food, boring chicken nuggets wanna be, boring! grin
If I be vegetarian with diary products and fish and goat meat
Then I'd gladly be a vegetarian tongue

What would I do with that law?
Then I'd go back to naija, kill some animals and steal them ovr here cool
Re: Vegetarianism by Hauwa1: 2:19am On Jun 23, 2009
it will be hard for you Gator with your obe orishirishi (kpomo, shaki, tongue of cow, gizzard, bokoto, tinko, mangala, towel, leg of malu, etc) why wouldn't veggie be boring grin

veggie fan here. plan on turning vegetarian soon. i have a feeling for those chicken and cows going to the slaughter house. you have to see them killing those animal cry their eyes popping out of their socket cry
Re: Vegetarianism by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 23, 2009
rotflmao cheesy cheesy Hauwa, you're not serious tongue
I dnt even know half of those ingridients you mentioned

Hauwa, you vegie?
I no fit belief am. How you go eat prawn etc etc if you be vegie?
Re: Vegetarianism by Sissy3(f): 6:38am On Jun 23, 2009
oyinda.:

Imagine you woke up tomorrow and find that the govt has banned all from eating meat.
goat skin, chicken, cow meat, everything is contaminated or uneatable for two years. what would you do? tongue

i will sue the government oo angry angry

i cant live without meat nau embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Vegetarianism by oyinda3(f): 7:16am On Jun 23, 2009
~Sissy~:

i will sue the government oo angry angry

i cant live without meat nau embarassed embarassed embarassed

lol grin

*Hauwa*:

it will be hard for you Gator with your obe orishirishi (kpomo, shaki, tongue of cow, gizzard, bokoto, tinko, mangala, towel, leg of malu, etc) why wouldn't veggie be boring grin

veggie fan here. plan on turning vegetarian soon. i have a feeling for those chicken and cows going to the slaughter house. you have to see them killing those animal cry their eyes popping out of their socket cry

you went to the slaughterhouse? lol
Re: Vegetarianism by ramonmulti(m): 10:22am On Jun 23, 2009
I think soybean is good for Vegetarian. Think about it. Thanks.
Re: Vegetarianism by Marlbron: 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2009
Vegean diet need not be boring. It is actually quite tasty but you need to use the right stuff to spice it up. There is vegan stockfish, sandwhich, sausage, etc. When you are vegan, it shows on your face as you tend to look fresher and younger plus healthier. Your sh*t will be odourless!
Re: Vegetarianism by dominique(f): 6:59pm On Jun 29, 2009
Marlbron:

Vegean diet need not be boring. It is actually quite tasty but you need to use the right stuff to spice it up. There is vegan stockfish, sandwhich, sausage, etc. When you are vegan, it shows on your face as you tend to look fresher and younger plus healthier.

there's stockfish in a vegan's diet when did fish become a veggie undecided

Your sh*t will be odourless!

shocked shocked shocked really. . . thats odd.
Re: Vegetarianism by oyinda3(f): 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2009
dominique:

there's stockfish in a vegan's diet when did fish become a veggie  undecided

"vegan stock fish" is prolly an imitation of fish
just like "vegan sausage" "vegan meatballs"etc and even vegan burger patties made out of soy n whatnot undecided tongue

I like vegan food to be honest. even the imitations taste nice to me even though some other ppl detest it.
Re: Vegetarianism by oyinda3(f): 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2009
anyone love/hate tofu? cheesy

dominique:

very odd. lol
Re: Vegetarianism by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2009
TOFU, omg, that sh^t is disgusting.
What da hell did they put in it

Maybe its just me. I'm very selective with food sha grin

If stockfish is a vegetarian food, then I'll gladly become a vegetarian wink
Re: Vegetarianism by Hauwa1: 10:24pm On Jun 29, 2009
TOFU kiss kiss kiss

i lovey that soooo much. my preference at chinese eatery.
Re: Vegetarianism by oyinda3(f): 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2009
I love tofu as well. it has this pure taste. . .i like it in noodle soup n by itself sef.
i don't like the stereotype that only vegetarians eat tofu or that it tastes nasty.
Re: Vegetarianism by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2009
wierd women dey at every corner embarassed
Re: Vegetarianism by Hauwa1: 10:43pm On Jun 29, 2009
including those that don't eat it too ***all weirdo*** cheesy
Re: Vegetarianism by oyinda3(f): 10:53pm On Jun 29, 2009
lol
Re: Vegetarianism by ReachRich(m): 6:21am On Jun 30, 2009
@ Poster
We have some Naija vegetarians.One of my lecturers in school was and is still a vegetarian.
Re: Vegetarianism by wanville(m): 6:22am On Jun 30, 2009
Re: Vegetarianism by oyinda3(f): 7:11am On Jun 30, 2009
i think vegetarians live longer because they eat healthier. . . i mean all those veggies and soya/tofu  tongue. plus they pay more attention to what goes in their mouth. lol  digestion might be a factor i dunno. meat can be so burdensome ha

There is this myth back home that all 9ja vegetarians are cultist. ma ucle was part of amok thou so yeah. . .The theory carries some water

what group is amok?
Re: Vegetarianism by wanville(m): 7:15am On Jun 30, 2009
Re: Vegetarianism by oyinda3(f): 7:23am On Jun 30, 2009
hmm can't find it (maybe it's spelling). but what is the cult abt lipsrsealed
Re: Vegetarianism by Marlbron: 10:01am On Jun 30, 2009
dominique:

there's stockfish in a vegan's diet when did fish become a veggie undecided

There is a vegan equivalent of stockfish called "vegan cord". Try it with noodles, fresh tomatoes and onions and you will not touch meat. It is also used as for soups and stews. When you practise vegan, it is more than just eating. It is a show of love and respect to other created beings or animals. It carries some "burden" of higher spiritualty or consciousnes. Your dream changes: you stop being chased by evil, witches and wizards. Your body becomes a fit place for the Holy Spirit to dwell. On a physical level your health situation improves dramatically. You are younger and fresher. Ageing is slowed. A 50+year vegan will look 30+year, to give you a prspective.

The toilet thing is true. If you keep fish or meat outside for a few days, the get rotten and infested with maggots. They give out nasty odour. Go figure. That happens in your alimentary canal with meat and fish. Your sh*t as a non-vegan is filled with odour. For a practising vegan it is odourless. When a veagn dies, his body can stay longer without decomposing!
Re: Vegetarianism by dominique(f): 3:01pm On Jun 30, 2009
Marlbron:

There is a vegan equivalent of stockfish called "vegan cord". Try it with noodles, fresh tomatoes and onions and you will not touch meat.

actually, i hate fresh tomatoes and onions, so i will be touching meat tongue cheesy

It carries some "burden" of higher spiritualty or consciousnes. Your dream changes: you stop being chased by evil, witches and wizards. Your body becomes a fit place for the Holy Spirit to dwell.

consciousnes. Your dream changes: you stop being chased by evil, witches and wizards. Your body becomes a fit place for the Holy Spirit to dwell. On a physical level your health situation improves dramatically. You are younger and fresher. Ageing is slowed. A 50+year vegan will look 30+year, to give you a prspective.

kindly explain how 50 year old Madonna looks like a walking corpse without make up, afterall she's a vegetarian undecided

The toilet thing is true. If you keep fish or meat outside for a few days, the get rotten and infested with maggots. They give out nasty odour. Go figure. That happens in your alimentary canal with meat and fish. Your sh*t as a  non-vegan is filled with odour. For a practising vegan it is odourless.

ever smelt rotten oranges, pineapples and salad. rotten food smell, doesnt have to be meat

When a veagn dies, his body can stay longer without decomposing!

but its still going to decompose eventually aight. . .besides, who sees you when you're six feet under. tongue

i noticed you diddnt say anything about the life expectancy of a vegan, is it about 100 cheesy tongue
Re: Vegetarianism by Hauwa1: 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2009
if only for the crying cows, goat, sheep, ilaya rams, fowls, hare, antelopes, etc if only for them cry.

imagine the eye popping out of their socket when the butchers hit them on the butchery floors.

weep my friends, weeps for the crying animal race cry cry cry cry
Re: Vegetarianism by wanville(m): 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2009
Re: Vegetarianism by oyinda3(f): 6:53pm On Jun 30, 2009
*Hauwa*:

if only for the crying cows, goat, sheep, ilaya rams, fowls, hare, antelopes, etc if only for them cry.

imagine the eye popping out of their socket when the butchers hit them on the butchery floors.

weep my friends, weeps for the crying animal race cry cry cry cry

lmao. u berra spare some of that fried chicken ur tearing at right now and send it to me tongue
crocodile tears

dominique:

actually, i hate fresh tomatoes and onions, so i will be touching meat tongue cheesy

kindly explain how 50 year old Madonna looks like a walking corpse without make up, afterall she's a vegetarian undecided

ever smelt rotten oranges, pineapples and salad. rotten food smell, doesnt have to be meat

but its still going to decompose eventually aight. . .besides, who sees you when you're six feet under. tongue

i noticed you diddnt say anything about the life expectancy of a vegan, is it about 100 cheesy tongue

u shouldn't use a celebrity as madonna as reference point of what the typical vegeterian is like. most vegeterians i kno are very health conscious and it shows on their skin, physique.
yea I don't buy completely into that perfume scented poop (puke) theory either
vegans i believe, prolly live longer, don't know what the stats are out there but i can check to see.
Re: Vegetarianism by Marlbron: 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2009
oyinda.:

lmao. u berra spare some of that fried chicken ur tearing at right now and send it to me tongue
crocodile tears

u shouldn't use a celebrity as madonna as reference point of what the typical vegeterian is like. most vegeterians i kno are very health conscious and it shows on their skin, physique.
yea I don't buy completely into that perfume scented poop (puke) theory either
vegans i believe, prolly live longer, don't know what the stats are out there but i can check to see.

Maradonna looks very fit for her age. I do not know her well so I cannot comment. However realise that if you kill an animal, a human being dies somewhere.
Re: Vegetarianism by dominique(f): 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2009
thats the reality of life ma brother. . . people die everyday, so do animals sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where To Find Organic Unrefined Palm Kernel Oil In Lagos, Nigeria / Top 10 Healthy Foods To Gain Weight For Toddlers & Kids / Gift and packaging bags(photo inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.