Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria (60252 Views)

ABUAD Beats Covenant University; Ranks As Best Private University In Nigeria / NUC Ranks Ahmadu Bello University No 1 In Nigeria (See Full List) / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by jtizie(m): 10:56am On Jan 16, 2016
I
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by jomoh: 10:57am On Jan 16, 2016
Lots of illiterates on the front page.

Can't read and comprehend. Where in the article was it stated that UI is a second generation University.

10 Likes

Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by nedu86(m): 10:59am On Jan 16, 2016
I rep UJ....Jossite forever!

CharlyNick:
I rep UJ........

Great JOSSITE....... 
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by oppyworld: 10:59am On Jan 16, 2016
jaymejate:
[size=15pt]So NUC too de do mago mago... UI kor Urea ni[/size]
beefing is allowed grin though it's nt my school Buh I support it

1 Like

Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by tuna4servi(m): 11:00am On Jan 16, 2016
Ok
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by Ifeconwaba(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2016
NakedEve:
Nice. Boycotting all eastern universities till they learn humility.
now I know that you are very stupidd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by RotorMade: 11:02am On Jan 16, 2016
I rep U.I

1 Like

Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by klassd(m): 11:03am On Jan 16, 2016
Rubbish ranking, University of Jos has been on strike since November 27 2015 till date.
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 16, 2016
Kunlexic:
Fake list...u have seen pple u will deceive

Is UI among 2nd generation University...abeg dis a crap.
Read well b4 u comment
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by CACAWA(m): 11:03am On Jan 16, 2016
loisaleburu:
so where do we put oau
leave OAU for LAWMA

1 Like

Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 16, 2016
jaymejate:
[size=15pt]So NUC too de do mago mago... UI kor Urea ni[/size]
Which one suppose be number 1??
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by crooner: 11:04am On Jan 16, 2016
Plain Truth

From all quarters I can hear it, "Jonathan and his administration are the worst Nigeria has ever witnessed". All these are coming in the wake of the revelations of Dasuki's unscrupulous deals. Prior to these revelations, we didn't hear much of these condemnations of Jonathan and his administration.

But what I keep wondering, asking is which of the previous administrations was Jonathan's own compared to and it emerged the worst? All of them? How can we compare two things that have not been subjected to the same conditions? How reasonable is it, to compare the living standards of one man who earns #500, 000 monthly and another who earns #20, 000 within the same period and call the latter a miser because he isn't living as large as the former. This comparison can only be understandable if those two men receive the same pay. In the same vain, how can we compare Jonathan's administration to previous ones and then adjudge his to be the worst when the previous ones were not subjected to the same probe that his was. We never know what will be uncovered if previous administrations are probed.

And that reminds me; is the president who said he would probe only Jonathan's administration trying to tell us that other previous administrations were not corrupt too? Does he want us to believe that their own corruption was negligible? How did he know that? If he does not know whether previous administrations were corrupt or not and chose to ignore them only to probe Jonathan's, then how morally sound is he? That shows a good sense of fairness?

We cannot say that Jonathan's administration is the worst until other administrations are probed. Only then can our comparison be objective.

And to those saying that APC is better than PDP I ask this, what is the difference between APC And PDP? One has the slogan "change" and is called All Progressives Congress and another has the slogan "power to the people" and is called Peoples Democratic Party. Those are the differences but in the real thing that makes a real difference -people- they are the same. The same people that were in PDP for the 16 yrs they wielded power are in APC now.for those 16 yrs we say PDP ruined Nigeria, OBJ, who is now on the side of the APC (even though he wants to be seen as a partisan elder statesman), took 8 yrs with Atiku. Then El-Rufai, Saraki, Kwankwoso, Nyako, Amaechi, etc., were all there. Now they are in APC. So ain't the two parties the same? Well, for me, they are the same except if those people mentioned above have moulted those political ideologies, etc., they had while they were card- carrying members of PDP. Do you think they have? I doubt and so I believe the two parties are the same.

And can we look at what is happening in the lower and upper chambers of the National Assembly and in some APC- controlled States as regards to the tussle for power/supremacy and say that APC learnt a thing or two from PDP (and are equipped to move Nigeria forward)?

What about the "Oga On Top" who was a one time military dictator during the '80's? He cried and cried that he was a brand new democrat. From things that happen today, are you convinced that he has repented of his dictatorial traits. And do you see a difference between one who embezzled public funds or one who ran a corrupt government and another who has absolute disregard and contempt for rule of law? Did you say the latter is more grevious?

1 Like

Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by oppyworld: 11:04am On Jan 16, 2016
Ogao my school is no where to be found... Nawa oooo
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 16, 2016
NakedEve:
Nice. Boycotting all eastern universities till they learn humility.
Can you please put on your glasses and read that statement again?
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by Raymee(m): 11:04am On Jan 16, 2016
Kunlexic:

U hits on the head. UI being 1st generation varsity is questionable jareeee
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by Benjom(m): 11:04am On Jan 16, 2016
Another ranking will soon surface again.
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by Reference(m): 11:06am On Jan 16, 2016
Whizpeter:
When did university of Ibadan become second generation university?

Pally, you don't need a university education to understand what is written just a willingness to read.
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by stuffs4me(m): 11:07am On Jan 16, 2016
Hehehe...
Didn't know UI is now a second generation university.

We in Ahmadu Bello University no be una mate.
Any time I'm talking and any mumu second generation UI graduate put mouth eh.. He go hear wheeen.
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by Johnparker: 11:07am On Jan 16, 2016
Check out free demo of all certifications Exam.  Save your time and get on time success in Cisco exams. Free Mrcerts Exams Training now latest and updated available

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:11am On Jan 16, 2016
Kunlexic:

Is the article too complex for you to comprehend?.
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by cee001(m): 11:14am On Jan 16, 2016
Yes kudos to The UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN...
You can check to see where exactly other schools fall in the TOP 100 Latest ranking here
www.nairaland.com/2868070/latest-official-nuc-ranking-nigerian smiley
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by lordkay10(m): 11:17am On Jan 16, 2016
UI has always been miles ahead of other Nigerian universities, just that they don't brag about it like the OAUs and UniIlorins. I was amazed at the level of infrastructure and teaching methods on my first visit to the school. UI will top this list for a long time to come

2 Likes

Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by Arsenate(m): 11:20am On Jan 16, 2016
danduchi:
UNIJOS above UNILORIN?.... I smell something odd. It like ranking Dammy Krane above Wizkid
The article said that Unijos is one of the best second generation Universities; Second only to Uniilorin ((I personally don't believe Uniilorin is better than Unijos; having come in contact with products of both schools). But of course you have comprehension issues and you just jumped in to make your dumb conclusion.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by NakedEve: 11:20am On Jan 16, 2016
xoxo001:

Can you please put on your glasses and read that statement again?

Yes.
Read it below.

"University of Jos (UNIJOS) has been named as one of the best among second generation Universities in the country in 2015 ranking of the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC).

The University was ranked the best after Ilorin.

A statement signed by Abdullahi Abdullahi, Principal Officer Assistant Registrar, Information and Publication of the university, noted that: “The second generation Universities are the 12 universities established between 1970 and 1985 to meet the increasing need for university education in Nigeria especially in the area of Science and Technology.”

Abduallhi said: “University of Jos was however ranked 7th in the overall ranking of all Federal, State and Private Universities in Nigeria.”

NUC named the University of Ibadan in overall first position while Covenant University was rated as the best private University in Nigeria.

Similarly, a student of UNIJOS bagged First Class among his peers in the November 2015 Bar Final Examination of Nigerian Law School, Bwari, Abuja.

The student, Okwor Keneth Ononeze was among the 2013/2014 graduates of the university.

Secretary to the Council and Director of Administration, Council of Legal Education, Mrs Max-Uba conveyed this through a letter of commendation to the university, addressed to the Vice-Chancellor, Prof Hayward Mafuyai.

Mafuyai described the ranking as clear recognition of the enormous work being done in the university.

“It was encouraging that the university was being appreciated for the impact it is creating towards human capital development in the country, noting that the ranking was consistent with the University’s global rating.

“If not for some challenges, the University could have achieved greater success. I enjoin all stakeholders to rally round towards ensuring that the University achieves its full potential,” he said.

While expressing his excitement at Ononeze’s performance at the Final Bar Exam of the Nigerian Law School, Mafuyai commended the efforts of Lecturers and other Staff in the University whom he said are sacrificing a lot to ensure that the Students get the best education.

He assured that the University administration would not rest on its oars towards making the University the choice destination for all its academic programmes."

Now who needs glasses?.
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by Whizpeter(m): 11:21am On Jan 16, 2016
Reference:

Pally, you don't need a university education to understand what is written just a willingness to read.

And you don't just start showing your ignorance to all and sundry...

When I made that comment, the post was still raw and unedited...

What you're reading now is a modified and corrected version..
At the initial post, University of Ibadan was referred to as a second generation University and that's where my comment originated from!

1 Like

Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by confamgist237: 11:22am On Jan 16, 2016
grin
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by mayor2984(m): 11:23am On Jan 16, 2016
So many of you commenting on this post do not read the post properly before commenting. There is no place where op said University of Ibadan is a second generation University. Neither did op said that unijos was ranked above uniilorin. According to d post, unijos and uniilorin are second generation University, and unijos was ranked one of d best after uniilorin. Meaning uniilorin is ranked 1st and unijos second. Also, op said that in overall ranking of all federal universities, unijos came 7th while uniibadan is ranked 1st.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:23am On Jan 16, 2016
Kunlexic:

It's obvious you didn't understand what you read or failed to read everything. Unijos is the best second generation university and seventh overall when you add all the FG, state and private university. UI, Ibadan is the best of all universities.

The journalist that wrote this piece did a poor job.
Re: NUC Ranks University Of Ibadan As Best University In Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:25am On Jan 16, 2016
Whizpeter:
When did university of Ibadan become second generation university?
Read again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Waec Examination Centre Number For Various School (internal) / 10 Nigerian Universities With The Best Graduates In The Work Place By (ajahexcel / Masturbation Written In A Pupil's Textbook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.