Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

2face Booed Off Stage - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / 2face Booed Off Stage (13126 Views)

Who Would Be The Next 2face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2face Booed Off Stage by Recognise: 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2009
By myjoyonline
In the News | Wed, 17 Jun 2009

Nigeria's top music artiste, 2face, was reportedly booed off stage at a show in Abuja. His career has taken a turn for the worst and is in trouble!

Ogbeni Idibia is known in the music industry as 2face and is the man behind the hit song 'African Queen'. Since this debuted in 2005, 2face has remained at the top of the charts and his career until now.

Last month, at the Abuja Show which took place at the Old Parade Ground, everything was going well until 2face appeared on stage. He was late to perform and so the crowd rejected him at first.

Later on into the show after the crowd showed a bit of support towards the musician, he began singing old songs and they shouted at him in demand for fresh music. 2face angered by their demands, dropped the microphone and stormed off stage. The disappointed crowd reacted to 2face's retreat by getting hold of the item closest to them and hurling it on stage. This included water, popcorn and even stones.

2face recently made a move back to NowMusik, the label he abandoned a few years ago for Kennis Music, after his most recent work entitled 'Unstoppable' did not a lot but flop. This rough patch in his career has affected 2face's performance and behaviour on stage and behind the scenes.

The battle he is facing in the music industry is said to have been hindered by the large amount of bad publicity about his multiple out-of-wedlock babies. There has been speculations that 2face's partners have been giving him trouble on the home front which may be causing a knock on effect to his career as his performances are below expectation.

2faces' advisers will now be planning his next steps to bring back support of the fans. Now that he is signed with his previous label, NowMusik, it is said that he will return to the limelight in no time.

We wish 2face the best of luck and he can be assured of our support to get back on top!

for SOURCE: click on JoyFM Online
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by russellino: 6:52pm On Jun 21, 2009
Damn!! Four years ago this guy was (no pun intended) unstoppable. Now he's getting booed off stage? the guy's talented but his lack of stage presence and failure to keep up with todays naija artistes in terms of lyrical content and overall production quality is sadly relegating the guy to the background.
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by djlimse: 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2009
die u, who cares if he was stabbed on stage.he was paid to ntertain de audience,nd they felt he hsnt done tht, so, f**k him and f**k every thing tht makes him happy a*s ***le  embarassed
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2009
Recognise:

[size=15pt] We wishes [/size] 2face the best of luck and he can be assured of our support to get back on top!

We wishes him indeed!  grin grin
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by edwardaigb: 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2009
leave 2 baba alone, he's the best
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by Fimmy(m): 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2009
too bad for me, things will soon work out well,it normal for a celebrity to have a had time
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by Recognise: 7:07pm On Jun 21, 2009
Michelin89:

We wishes him indeed!  grin grin

[size=16pt]@^[/size]

Ha-ah! LOL  grin

Another typo error off the press, courtesy JoyFM.

Anyways, I've taken the liberty to correct the typo on behalf of JoyFM.

Well spotted Mich . . .  wink Am just the courier, I just make the drop, rarely scrutinize the goods
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by doyin13(m): 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2009
Its always sad to see a talented dude fall short of his potential.
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by MrCrackles(m): 7:17pm On Jun 21, 2009
That is what happens when someone is played out
His swag is jack ass now i guess
Buhahahahaha! cheesy
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 21, 2009
wtf, it happens to every artiste,he hasnt taken a turn for worse,uts all in ur mind, abeg go and listen to your yori yori nonsense they fill our ears with these days
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by freshmoney(m): 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2009
No worry u go still dance to his next hit, you go buy am cool He is still a Naija hip hop legend tongue
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by PurestBoy(m): 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2009
MrCrackles:

That is what happens when someone is played out
His swag is jack ass now i guess
Buhahahahaha! cheesy

I've known you for bullying anything relating to Nigeria and using insultive languages since my day 1 on this forum. What are you actually good at? Are you talented in any thing at all? I'm expecting you to call me imbecilic dongle, slowpoke or any other languages you've been noted for. U had better grow up and see something good about people u ninny
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by MrCrackles(m): 7:48pm On Jun 21, 2009
PurestBoy:

I've known you for bullying anything relating to Nigeria and using insultive languages since my day 1 on this forum. What are you actually good at? Are you talented in any thing at all? I'm expecting you to call me imbecilic dongle, slowpoke or any other languages you've been noted for. U had better grow up and see something good about people u ninny

A gazillion of you wont stop me! tongue cheesy
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 21, 2009
MrCrackles:

A gazillion of you wont stop me! tongue cheesy
grin grin grin never a dull moment with the dude around
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by MrCrackles(m): 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2009
adusol:

grin grin grin never a dull moment with the dude around

wink cheesy
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by Recognise: 8:05pm On Jun 21, 2009
Uncork the laughter barrel!

Let the par-tay begin . . .

Anyone game for a pint? . . .  grin
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2009
. . . . . . Eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by damola1: 8:11pm On Jun 21, 2009
RUBBISH!!!

He's not booed, HE LEFT!!!!

Tuface, even after so much hassles that very few Nigerians can absorb is still very much on top of his game, I respect him, I love him, and I wish him the very best, tubaba, one love,
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by chuqudy(m): 8:14pm On Jun 21, 2009
Who is too face?
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 21, 2009
The downfall of a man is in his d!ck! grin
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by mahal(m): 8:32pm On Jun 21, 2009
2face remains naija's best export, till 2moro whether he was booed off stage /walked off stage, whatever!!, I have a lot of respect for him.
he's the best!!
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by okokomeji: 8:34pm On Jun 21, 2009
Who is 2face? That butt-head Casanova.
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by tpiah: 8:38pm On Jun 21, 2009
na money problem.

No money, no friends.
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by slimes(m): 8:42pm On Jun 21, 2009
Nigerians no dey try.
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by SweetT1: 8:50pm On Jun 21, 2009
Well it happened to best of musicians - Michael Jackson, Mc Hammer, Bobby Brown, Sunny Ade. Fame can be very temporary. Good thing is he made use of his D*ck and had many babies from his fame, Bad thing is a career on the downturn can't support dozens of kids.
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by Christalt(m): 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2009
How sad, hope he comes off that particular cloud soon enough,
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by chuqudy(m): 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2009
quote author=Sweet T link=topic=286864.msg4066216#msg4066216 date=1245613805]
Well it happened to best of musicians - Michael Jackson, Mc Hammer, Bobby Brown, Sunny Ade. Fame can be very temporary. Good thing is he made use of his D*ck and had many babies from his fame, Bad thing is a career on the downturn can't support dozens of kids.
[quote][/quote]

It happened to Obasanjo too.[
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by Jerjens: 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2009
why do Nigerians (esp) enjoy the downfall of a man, is it a reflection of ourselves or a compensation of our failure, am not a fan of the artist but I'd like to think he's on recess. you tell em man I'LL BE BACK! wink
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 21, 2009
Jerjens:

why do Nigerians (esp) enjoy the downfall of a man, is it a reflection of ourselves or a compensation of our failure, am not a fan of the artist but I'd like to think he's on recess. you tell em man I'LL BE BACK! wink

He even fit die. grin
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by vowiski(m): 10:35pm On Jun 21, 2009
a nice read!
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by papaejima: 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2009
i had a good time laughing at michelin89s posting about the down fall of a man being his dick.that was good because if he cant compose good music any longer,he can atleast compose more babies.and then chugudy droped in with the obj part.cmmon guys.obj was a guy who was so good at doing it that he did it with his multiple wives,girlfriends,concubines and when u think that baba has gone into retierment,he did it with poor gbengas wife.baba na real fat he-goat.and with a stomach like that,i wonder how him dey fit do am.baba sell shame 4 market oooh grin grin grin
Re: 2face Booed Off Stage by youngdee(m): 11:08pm On Jun 21, 2009
I am not surprised to see many people happy about this cos that is what Nigerians are known for, bringing down someone who is at the top and doing the country some good but locally and internationally. This is the same reason why Nigeria is at a spot ever since. Quit hating, show some love and respect and this country will be a great one.

Tu face is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria entertainment industry and still remains the best weather you haterz like it or not. It is not possible that Tu face was booed off the stage, press are known to make up fake stories just make some money and believe me, writing this kinda shit about Tu face will gain YOU HATERZ attention with this kind of headline.

No matter what is said TU FACE WILL EVER REMAIN MY NUMBER ONE AND NAIJA'S NUMBER ONE, SAVE YOU SHIT FOR ANOTHER ARTISTE, NOT TU BABA, COS HE'S BORN TO DO IT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are You In Need Of A Good Pro Dj For Your Event / Learn How To Play The Keyboard And Guitar Within 2months / Promote your Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.