Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) (28974 Views)

Adulterated Kerosene Set Evbuotubu Market Ablaze In Benin (photos & Video) / Prices Of Goods, Services Hit All Time High In October / Lagos Shop Allows Oyinbo Man Walk Away With N200k Worth Of Goods Without Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Islie: 8:18am On Jan 16, 2016
Tony Okafor, Awka

Some residents of Adazu Nnukwu in Anaocha Local Government Area of Anambra State have described the fire that gutted 14 shops and property worth millions of naira opposite a cemetery on Thursday as a mystery fire.

The fire incident, which started at about 2.30am, according to a source, who pleaded anonymity, may have been caused by ghosts.

He said, “On Monday, I saw strange faces here in my shop. They asked me the prices of sardine and bread and Fanta. I told them the prices of the items. They smiled and left.

“On Tuesday, they came again and asked me whether I had reduced the prices of the items, I said no. They left my shop and started visiting other shops one after another. People were staring at them because they were just looking strange; they are not from here.

“It was in the evening of Wednesday that my neighbour here told me that the same people came and warned that they would set this place ablaze if we didn’t reduce the cost of our goods.

“My neighbour said after issuing the warning, the strange people, who were six in number, moved to the direction of the cemetery, and he didn’t see them again, only for us to come to this place this morning to see our shops in ruins. We lost everything,” the source said.

Other residents said the cause of the fire could not be ascertained.

Steven Agupugo, who spoke with Southern City News, said, “We are surprised to see this, this morning (Thursday). I’m dumbfounded. One cannot say it was power surge because there was no supply from the public power source for some time here.”

The governor of Anambra State, who was represented by his deputy, Dr. Nkem Okeke, sympathized with the traders. He expressed shock that the live-savings of some people could be burnt within minutes.

He said, “This kind of incident calls for worry. Together, we shall make efforts to avoid future occurrence.”

Obiano promised that the state government would make arrangements to take care of the situation while urging the people to always observe the basic safety rules.

www.punchng.com/ghosts-set-shops-ablaze-in-anambra-over-high-cost-of-goods/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by HungerBAD: 8:20am On Jan 16, 2016
Ghost?

So apparently the ghosts got upset because the price of Sardine, bread and Fanta was not reduced?and decided to burn the shops?and i thought my name HungerBAD was bad enough, not knowing that there are Ghosts in Anambra hungrier than i am.

Laughing.

But why did the Ghost choose Sardine? did they not see Cabin Biscuit?these Ghosts must have good taste.

The Stories i read on Nairaland sometimes.

108 Likes 9 Shares

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by kossyablaze(m): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2016
The ghost is kossy ablaze

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Scatterscatter(m): 8:25am On Jan 16, 2016
Chai... Ibos' ehn. Picture of the ghosts or I don't believe it

10 Likes

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by itokam: 8:41am On Jan 16, 2016
Oya! Ghost mode tongue

Italkam#itokam

4 Likes

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by mufutau55(m): 9:46am On Jan 16, 2016
Very bad ghosts.

8 Likes

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by ijustdey: 11:30am On Jan 16, 2016
lalasticlala..... haven't you heard of ghost fighting for a commoner

this is one of itgringrin

3 Likes

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by sukkot: 5:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Pidggin(f): 5:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ghosts are also experiencing the effects of negative Changii

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Keystonn: 5:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
grin cheesy grin cheesy

Ghost ko goats nii!!

Aggrieved youths set it ablaze not ghosts

5 Likes

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Exponental(m): 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
spirituality in everything about Africa brings us backward. Let a thorough investigation be carried out and I bet the cause will be discovered...
Oyinbo man will investigate, black man will call it God's will or fate.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Lordtrillion(m): 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hmmnn, na wa for this kind tori oh shocked

1 Like

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by kulboy247(m): 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
ghost ke
Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by apholaryn: 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
endtime ghosts

7 Likes

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Akshow: 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
Foolishness.
Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by johnydon22(m): 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
Africans ... The only place ghosts that are not supposed to eat or buy anything gets angry and burns shop when the prices of goods gets high..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by xtratagem(m): 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hunger wan finish them for underground grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by looseweight: 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
We need a ghost rider in Nigeria as fast as possible... grin grin grin

Check my signature if you care to reduce your tummy naturally

1 Like

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
V
Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Scout60(m): 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
na that ghost go fight those admin that ban me

6 Likes

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by jmoore(m): 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ghost dey eat? Only in Nollywood.

2 Likes

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by iamodenigbo1(m): 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
very very hilarious

2 Likes

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Dahkogrin007(m): 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
Am expecting a guy to open a thread dat says "Anambra shop owners said I look lyk the ghost dat burn down thr shops, is it true"..... Made in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
I won't be surprised If these lunatics come here to tell us it was yorubas that burnt this one too grin grin

3 Likes

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Gsmooth51: 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
MYstery
Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Israel43: 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ghosts??no sane person will believe this shit.#onlyinafrica.hey this reminds me of this song"africa,where i wanna be,life is as easy as abcd,the leaders and the greediness plenty plenty make the whole thing dey look like horror movie"
Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Dongreat(m): 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
F
Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by iamodenigbo1(m): 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
human ghosts

1 Like

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by hugoboss70(m): 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
Adazi nnukwu. My home
Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
Lies undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by phurlahan(m): 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2016
Pinshores or adonbilivit
Re: ‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) by Holuwakemmy16(f): 5:32pm On Jan 16, 2016
Chai,some people wicked sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can One Register With Dpr And Nipex / 10 Reasons Why You Must Get Rich / Alhaji Aliko Dangote: What do you know about him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.