Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. (9899 Views)

Wives and Intending Wives, Do you Love Guys Who Can Cook Very Well? / Why Fathers Are Neglected In Old Age. ( A Must Read For Guys) / 200,000naira Wedding Budget By Keppy... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by agarawu23(m): 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
Yes! Still on the topic grin

I have read different price and different list from people on how much an average guy should budget for his wedding.

Here I come with 'my' own "economical list" for guys who don't have much. I know some can afford millions so "i too know" people should avoid the thread undecided

THE LIST grin

Please & please , do not invite more than 120 people

1. VENUE : venue is very important when you are planning to get married, but have u consider using your church, street, neighbours compound and any available open space in your neighborhood? Zero # for the venue.

2. FOOD : this is the most important and I espect u to spend half of your budget on it.
Buy 1 bag of rice #10,500
Buy #20,000 Turkey and support it with "panla" fish (its very cheap tongue) two cartoon = #12,000
Buy tomato, maggi. Oil and any other ingredients you need with #15,000. (You will be buying much oil cos u will need to fry the Turkey and fish). Friends & family will cook for u and help u serve.

3. CAKE : not more than #10,000 (e know dey belefu person )

4. drinks : " don't ever try can drinks because people can easily put them in their bags and request for another one". Buy 5 crate of malt and 5 crate of coca cola. ( have it in mind to give special/grown ups malts and the coca cola will go for youths/kids) buy few bottle water and few pure water to support. This drinks shouldn't be more than #20,000. (If the amount isn't enough, reduce the malt and buy coca cola. Police no go catch u on top)

5. occasion wears : I dont want to write wedding gown & suit cos I don't know where it is written in the bible/Quran that you MUST use them for wedding undecided . Go for native dress that won't cost both of you more than #10,000 ( you can even get your suit & gown for that price if u insist u must follow oyinbo people culture because I blv we are Africans and I am proud to be one. )

6. Chairs & canopies : if you are a Christian, this shouldn't bother u cos you can fix the venue in your church and use everything for free but if you are a Muslim/ Christian who don't have a free venue, budget #20,000 for that.

7. do you need decorations ? : to me, this are just 'jara' to the event cos people won't eat your decorations. If your chairs arent designed, they should sit on it like that and anyone who isn't comfortable on it should bring his/her sofa from Home. But if you think you need it, dont spend more than #5000 on it.

8. music [/b[ : my brother, technology don open our eyes o cheesy look for street DJ in your area and give him #5000. He will bring his laptop and two speakers. Gbedu don sele be that cheesy

9. [b] Photographer
: like seriously you want to waste the money you don't have calling one? Buy a new memory card that isn't corrupt and put it in your phone for someone to help u snap pictures so that after the party, you can give photographer your memory card to help you wash out the pictures you like most. If you can't go for that, call a photographer and pay #8-10,000.

Total #127,500
Budget additional #22,500 for things I couldn't remember or things that will show up un expected rounding it up to #150,000. ( some can still spend less if you study economics) wink

N.B : don't borrow money for wedding cos it's just a day event and the upcoming challenges after the wedding is unknown cool

Like seriously you are trying to impress people that won't help u feed your family? If you spend 1billion on a wedding, people will only talk about it for months and the that's all because I blv it won't add any impact to your home. It's not how much u spend on your wedding that matters, t is how long you keep the wedding cool so leave trash for lawma (fingers aren't the same)

Don't care about what people will say about your low key wedding, its your life.

10. you can by pass all the mentioned above and get married with just few people present to join both of you together which can cost u up to #10,000 if your to be wife no be babes wey their eyes don open. (Cut your coat to your size )

I welcome critics on this thread so we can all amend the list but as for me, it shouldn't be above 150k.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by agarawu23(m): 12:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
Cc bridalassistant dolapoiyunade oyind17 grin
Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by donbenedict(m): 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
Lol. My broda even if u bargain to invite only one person, him go still complain say him no belleful for ur wedding!

1 Like

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
i disagree grin grin
Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by dollyjoy(f): 12:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
cheesycheesy memory card ?cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by ogawisdom(m): 12:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
Finally a recession compliant budget cool but dt budget can't cater for 120 ppl, 300k shld do it. In naija if u invite 120 ppl expect 180 ppl shocked

3 Likes

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by mrking3(m): 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
[b]I think the issue isn't really on white wedding! With 200k or Less, one can comfortably organise a white wedding. The Problem we Igbos especially are faced with is on the Traditional wedding which is quite paramount and superceeds that of white. Unlike the white, there're somethings on the marriage LIST you can never compromise! Most guys shy away from getting married just because of the High cost of fufilling the marriage LIST. During my Marriage counselling class, My Wife's pastor was Like we can use the church venue for Recepetion, church will also provide video, photographer etc. He also said, the women group will take charge of the cooking. No need of hiring caterers! I think with 200k as you Rightly said, one can organise an average wedding! Even with CLASS. With 8k, you can get a good suit at mandilas, Broad stresst, 1500 - get a bow tie, then with 6 or 7k can get a good quality shoe! Just you and your Best man are good to go. On the Tables, let's say Round tables of 10 or less, you can buy 2 cartons of Juice plus one carton of Non Alchoholic wine place each on them, buy 20 packs of bottle water, you can get one for as low as 300 naira, mix with few bags of water, then buy like 7 creates of malt, 10 creates of 35 cl bottle coke or Fantaget an average cake boss!! Before 5pm! Everything would have become History!!! You can't please everyone when it comes to party! No matter how much you tried, people will still complain of not getting food or drink! Sometimes uninvited guest are usually more than the Invited Guest. So make sure you Reserve seats for your Invited Guest! Treat them first, before anyone else! So that's it man!![/b]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by agarawu23(m): 12:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
mrking3:
[b]I think the issue isn't really on white wedding! With 200k or Less, one can comfortably organise a white wedding. The Problem we Igbos especially are faced with is on the Traditional wedding which is quite paramount and superceeds that of white. Unlike the white, there're somethings on the marriage LIST you can never compromise! Most guys shy away from getting married just because of the High cost of fufilling the marriage LIST. During my Marriage counselling class, My Wife's pastor was Like we can use the church venue for Recepetion, church will also provide video, photographer etc. He also said, the women group will take charge of the cooking. No need of hiring caterers! I think with 200k as you Rightly said, one can organise an average wedding! Even with CLASS. With 8k, you can get a good suit at mandilas, Broad stresst, 1500 - get a bow tie, then with 6 or 7k can get a good quality shoe! Just you and your Best man are good to go. On the Tables, let's say Round tables of 10 or less, you can buy 2 cartons of Juice plus one carton of Non Alchoholic wine place each on them, buy 20 packs of bottle water, you can get one for as low as 300 naira, mix with few bags of water, then buy like 7 creates of malt, 10 creates of 35 cl bottle coke or Fantaget an average cake boss!! Before 5pm! Everything would have become History!!! You can't please everyone when it comes to party! No matter how much you tried, people will still complain of not getting food or drink! Sometimes uninvited guest are usually more than the Invited Guest. So make sure you Reserve seats for your Invited Guest! Treat them first, before anyone else! So that's it man!![/b]
thank you for this.

Though I don't want to mention any tribe to avoid tribal comments.

I will advice those from the east to use the traditional wedding for both and kill the expenses there once and for all. Ignore their list and buy what u have in power and can afford without borrowing from someone. If we should follow religion, all these expenses are waste of cash.

My brother in law (an Igbo guy from IMO state) married my sister last 7 years. When my mother gave him our list as a Yoruba tribe, the guy bought all what we wrote double without asking us to remove some. The question for the ladies should be are your parents selling you off? How will your parents demand 500,000 for bride price? Nonsense!!! .

If there is understanding between the guy and the lady, they can do just court wedding and live happily.

U made a point bro, you can never satisfy people at all even if you kill 20 cows, some will still complain
Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by achyc2002(m): 12:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
Mrking3 has nailed it. In the east and some part of south south, the problem is far from the white wedding,THE LIST/TRAD WEDDING is what needed to be checked.

1 Like

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by Aminat508(f): 12:53pm On Jan 16, 2016
I dont fancy big wedding sef. Just 10pple including my parents is okay jare.

4 Likes

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
I reject this type of wedding list on behalf of all the ladies here. agarawu23 anyone with this plan should remain single or elope with a girl if he can't stay alone.

It is not only the guy that will do the spending. During my younger sister's marriage my elder brother sponsored the wedding. He even gave them cash after the wedding.

2 Likes

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by agarawu23(m): 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2016
Oyind17:
I reject this type of wedding list on behalf of all the ladies here. agarawu23 anyone with this plan should remain single or elope with a girl if he can't stay alone.

It is not only the guy that will do the spending. During my younger sister's marriage my elder brother sponsored the wedding. He even gave them cash after the wedding.
well, we all can't reason the same.

If your uncle can sponsor their wedding, he should have sponsored them financially by investing them in business first before talking about wedding.

People can give/lend you money for parties but cant give/lend u money to succeed In life.

I can't stand the shame of relatives sponsoring my wedding if the cash isn't coming from my both parents. People will do u favor and remaind u in future when you step on their toes.

Ladies who don't want this kind of wedding should remain single or they should go and work for money like the lady below

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by agarawu23(m): 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2016
ogawisdom:
Finally a recession compliant budget cool but dt budget can't cater for 120 ppl, 300k shld do it. In naija if u invite 120 ppl expect 180 ppl shocked
the un invited will remain hungry grin

No be yahoo boy wedding where u can just wear suit and branch for a plate of rice and whiskey

1 Like

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by Jahblessme: 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
As I predicted grin grin cheesy

For an absolutely budget wedding,why not just do the ceremony in church,invite few witnesses and then rice and coke in Mr Biggs or just share quick home made rice and beef with coke on the spot.

Many average Nigerians still cannot afford 150k simple.

This whole wedding debacle thing is now ridiculos but still entertaining for me.
I await the no spend wedding thread,that one will make my day.

4 Likes

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by Emade(m): 1:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
is really funny and educative

1 Like

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by BridalAssistant(f): 2:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
Oga Ade agarawu23, you carry this matter for head oh. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy My sides are in stitches from laughing.

Ok na, let's start.

VENUE
Not every church allows for receptions to be held on the premises and certainly not for free. As for street parties, if the local government agents don't descend on you half-way through the ceremony, expect Taju, Wahab, Kunle One-eye, Scar face Sly and their goons to crash in on you for "owo ile" and other material settlements. Also be prepared for bottle fights and all those kinds of shenanigans.

FOOD
To entertain 120 guests, you really dont need one bag. Half or a third will do. So you have savings of 5,000. (You can use it to settle the goons listed above) tongue
You didn't factor in rentals; pots, cooking spoons etc, gas burner (or adogan if you're using firewood), gas or firewood, plates, cutlery, glass cups and so on and so on.

WEARS
10k for the two of you? Perhaps if you're sewing ankara. But you didn't add the cost of shoes and other accessories.

CANOPY etc
The most basic canopy design costs N2,000 to rent. You'll be needing about 5. So that's N10,000 gone. Throw in the cost of 10 dozen chairs, tables and the rest and i don't know how 20,000 will cover it oh.

DECOR
N5,000 will do for balloons and ribbons with change to spare.

STREET D.J
5k with speakers lipsrsealed

PHOTOGRAPHER
8-10K lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed You're better off just asking your friends to take hundreds and hundreds of pictures with their phones and hashtag you on Instagram or Facebook.

That said, No MC? No Sound System? No power source and fuel?

2 Likes

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by Mariecakes(f): 2:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD

3 Likes

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by berryBee(f): 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
Op has killed me with laughter...I reject this kind of economy wedding oh cheesy.. I don't plan on spending my whole savings on a wedding, but its an event I plan to remember with fond memories for life..everybody's economy wedding must not b d same budget

3 Likes

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by agarawu23(m): 4:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
BridalAssistant:
Oga Ade agarawu23, you carry this matter for head oh. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy My sides are in stitches from laughing.

Ok na, let's start.

VENUE
Not every church allows for receptions to be held on the premises and certainly not for free. As for street parties, if the local government agents don't descend on you half-way through the ceremony, expect Taju, Wahab, Kunle One-eye, Scar face Sly and their goons to crash in on you for "owo ile" and other material settlements. Also be prepared for bottle fights and all those kinds of shenanigans.

FOOD
To entertain 120 guests, you really dont need one bag. Half or a third will do. So you have savings of 5,000. (You can use it to settle the goons listed above) tongue
You didn't factor in rentals; pots, cooking spoons etc, gas burner (or adogan if you're using firewood), gas or firewood, plates, cutlery, glass cups and so on and so on.

WEARS
10k for the two of you? Perhaps if you're sewing ankara. But you didn't add the cost of shoes and other accessories.

CANOPY etc
The most basic canopy design costs N2,000 to rent. You'll be needing about 5. So that's N10,000 gone. Throw in the cost of 10 dozen chairs, tables and the rest and i don't know how 20,000 will cover it oh.

DECOR
N5,000 will do for balloons and ribbons with change to spare.

STREET D.J
5k with speakers lipsrsealed

PHOTOGRAPHER
8-10K lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed You're better off just asking your friends to take hundreds and hundreds of pictures with their phones and hashtag you on Instagram or Facebook.

That said, No MC? No Sound System? No power source and fuel?

i know it is your job and i cant know more than you. But i will honestly tell u i have attended a wedding that isnt up to 120k and it was cool. Street party sweet pass the one wey ppl go pack theirself like sandine fish inside hall wey heat dey despite AC wey full inside grin

Nothing wey no fit happen nowadays o, there was a thread on FP last year where the guy gave us his wedding break down that isnt up to 60k (50k) cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2016
agarawu23:
well, we all can't reason the same.

If your uncle can sponsor their wedding, he should have sponsored them financially by investing them in business first before talking about wedding.

People can give/lend you money for parties but cant give/lend u money to succeed In life.

I can't stand the shame of relatives sponsoring my wedding if the cash isn't coming from my both parents. People will do u favor and remaind u in future when you step on their toes.

Ladies who don't want this kind of wedding should remain single or they should go and work for money like the lady below
our elder brother not uncle
Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by agarawu23(m): 8:00pm On Jan 16, 2016
Oyind17:

our elder brother not uncle
OK

I finally found the thread where someone spent 50k on wedding grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2113551/how-wife-wedding-n50k-possible

Cc bridalassistant

1 Like

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by BridalAssistant(f): 10:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
agarawu23:
i know it is your job and i cant know more than you. But i will honestly tell u i have attended a wedding that isnt up to 120k and it was cool. Street party sweet pass the one wey ppl go pack theirself like sandine fish inside hall wey heat dey despite AC wey full inside grin

Nothing wey no fit happen nowadays o, there was a thread on FP last year where the guy gave us his wedding break down that isnt up to 60k (50k) cheesy

To each his own. As long as everyone's happy, we can't crucify them for whatever means they choose to employ in running their wedding.
Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by BridalAssistant(f): 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
agarawu23:
OK

Cc bridalassistant

"I was so sure that we would have much guests, even unwanted guests too, because it’s a village"

A village wedding. And with some tight-fisted spending, giving guests water from a drum with no meat for the rice. Really now? That's your dream for your wedding?
Even the backlash that poster got in the comments section says it all.
Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
#TeamCourtWedding
cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by jopretty(f): 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
Na economy dey talk abi na pocket?
Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by agarawu23(m): 10:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
jopretty:
Na economy dey talk abi na pocket?
both angry

1 Like

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by agarawu23(m): 10:48pm On Jan 16, 2016
BridalAssistant:

To each his own. As long as everyone's happy, we can't crucify them for whatever means they choose to employ in running their wedding.
yes! You are right. "Se bo ti mo obe gbegiri" Yoruba ppl will say.

BridalAssistant:

"I was so sure that we would have much guests, even unwanted guests too, because it’s a village"
A village wedding. And with some tight-fisted spending , giving guests water from a drum with no meat for the rice. Really now? That's your dream for your wedding?
Even the backlash that poster got in the comments section says it all.
not my dream wedding angry

1 Like

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by BridalAssistant(f): 10:58pm On Jan 16, 2016
agarawu23:
yes! You are right. "Se bo ti mo obe gbegiri" Yoruba ppl will say.

not my dream wedding angry

Lol. Coulda fooled me. tongue undecided
Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 17, 2016
agarawu23:
OK
Cc bridalassistant
I don't believe this story
Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by dolapoiyunade(f): 8:56am On Jan 17, 2016
agarawu23:
Cc bridalassistant dolapoiyunade oyind17 grin
for affordable wedding makeup, hair and photography, check www.zantahouse.com they are really good and makeup and hair trial is free to prove that are good. send them an email today zanta.house@gmail.com or send them a msg on whatsapp 09056184089.
Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 17, 2016
Well not a bad idea, sadly some women are not realistic they'd prefer you borrow for an extravagant wedding, a friend sister dad spent 15m on the wedding and months later am hearing they getting a divorce am like wow bad investment, I wonder how much they will spend on the next one.

1 Like

Re: Economical Wedding Budget List For Guys Who Dont Have Much. by agarawu23(m): 11:02am On Jan 17, 2016
BridalAssistant:

Lol. Coulda fooled me. tongue undecided
hmmm lipsrsealed
Gm
Happy Sunday

Oyind17:

I don't believe this story
Nothing is impossible these days.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chinese Vs Dog (2 Years-old Chinese Girl Ran Over By Cars ) / Why Do Some Nigerian Men Enjoy Beating Their Wives? / Mouka Foam Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.