Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? (5292 Views)

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) / 8 S *x Positions Guys Never EVER Want To Try With You ( Seriously!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by ladysex(f): 11:30pm On Jun 21, 2009
I was wondering what the men thought about seriously dating a woman who was an ex-prostitute? Would you take a woman like that seriously?
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Sissy3(f): 4:06am On Jun 22, 2009
wrong section, shoulda b in the romance section.

anyways @ post, am not a man but i know that ex pros. do get married
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Nobody: 5:35am On Jul 05, 2009
why not?! or is she less than a woman than others because she has been having many dikcs in her life?! as long as her profession is in her past, and she has a clean bill of health,i dont see why it should matter to me.
unless you are marrying a virgin, all women will have some sexual baggage(some more than others) just like men
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Romeo4real(m): 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2009
why not?! or is she less than a woman than others because she has been having many dikcs in her life?! as long as her profession is in her past, and she has a clean bill of health,i dont see why it should matter to me.
unless you are marrying a virgin, all women will have some sexual baggage(some more than others) just like men
Err, Mr Brown, sexual baggage from your clients,who are are part of a business enterprise that involves selling ur body for monetary gains and other financial rewards, is not the same as sexual baggage from being in a relationship with a few guys before u get married; and we can safely conclude that any prostitute will have far more sexual baggage that ur average girl in the street
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 05, 2009
Romeo4real:

Err, Mr Brown, sexual baggage from your clients,who are are part of a business enterprise that involves selling ur body for monetary gains and other financial rewards, is not the same as sexual baggage from being in a relationship with a few guys before u get married; and we can safely conclude that any prostitute will have far more sexual baggage that ur average girl in the street

i will talk about the "real world" because in 9ja women are so materialistic that we would first have to define prostitute.
ok first let me say that there are prostitutes AND prostitues. if you talk about the street corner crackhead who sell her toto to get a fix then this one will be dead and gone in a few yrs so we shouldnt even talk about her but then i can point out to you some of the high class hookers that are just stunning and unless they would tell you, you wouldnt even think that they were doint this. believe me, any girl who gets paid +1000$ per shag, will only Bleep 2/3 times a week and they will take EXTRA good care of themselves. have you forgot about the governor Spitzer scandal in NY? have you had a look at the high class young hooker that got him into this mess? if it wasnt because she got busted, no one would have know and her toto is probably like any girl toto out there who gets shag by her "boyfriends"
what are you afraid of? is it because she has had different partners along the way? aint you secure with your abilities? or would you just prefer to have a girl that was bleeped everyday by her ex but didnt get no money for it?
the important word in the thread is the word "EX". if she is done with it, like most young smart hookers do (retiring well off before they get 30yrs old), then why not.
the point is that 1)she got to let me know about her past before it gets serious and 2) it should be just that: her past
but hey, as usual, to each their own.
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Romeo4real(m): 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2009
what are you afraid of? is it because she has had different partners along the way?
Afraid? No, Mr BJ, its b'cos she is a prostitute! Now that's not rocket science. Why would i marry a prostitute, when there are far many women who are not, that i can choose from?

aint you secure with your abilities? or would you just prefer to have a girl that was bleeped everyday by her ex but didnt get no money for it?
So to prove u are secure in ur abilities, u have to marry a hooker? That's new to me. Rather, it actually proves u are not secure in ur abilities, otherwise why make that choice? Its not exactly something you'd be crowing about when asked what ur wife used to do. I doubt if she would mention it as her past job either. And ,Yes, i'd rather marry a woman who doesnt Bleep for money.

A prostitute, high class or street corner crackhead will still have more sexual partners than ur average girl just going through life and having relationships before she gets married.
Any girl who gets paid +1000$ per shag, will only mess 2/3 times a week
This very statement shows you how a prostitute will amass more sexual baggage than any other woman - just via the nature of her job
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Archilles(m): 8:15pm On Jul 05, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

i will talk about the "real world" because in 9ja women are so materialistic that we would first have to define prostitute.
ok first let me say that there are prostitutes AND prostitues. if you talk about the street corner crackhead who sell her toto to get a fix then this one will be dead and gone in a few yrs so we shouldnt even talk about her but then i can point out to you some of the high class hookers that are just stunning and unless they would tell you, you wouldnt even think that they were doint this. believe me, any girl who gets paid +1000$ per shag, will only mess 2/3 times a week and they will take EXTRA good care of themselves. have you forgot about the governor Spitzer scandal in NY? have you had a look at the high class young hooker that got him into this mess? if it wasnt because she got busted, no one would have know and her toto is probably like any girl toto out there who gets shag by her "boyfriends"
what are you afraid of? is it because she has had different partners along the way? aint you secure with your abilities? or would you just prefer to have a girl that was bleeped everyday by her ex but didnt get no money for it?
the important word in the thread is the word "EX". if she is done with it, like most young smart hookers do (retiring well off before they get 30yrs old), then why not.
the point is that 1)she got to let me know about her past before it gets serious and 2) it should be just that: her past
but hey, as usual, to each their own.

I will agree with you. Though, I definitely WONT marry an EX-prostitute but then there are MANY girls in Nigerian universities that will definitely qualify as prostitute. Prostitution had been redefined. Gone are those days when you see ladies staying on the street looking for customers, now in the GSM era, all you do is just place a call and you have a lovely girl for the night, dont be surprised if she tells you she's a first class candidate at Unilag. I guess the poster is referring to the previous definition of prostitution, now most ladies in higher institution are practicing one form of prostitution or the other (apologies to the good ol'ladies). Or what would you call a girl that leaves school and went for a bachelor's eve knowing the possibility of sleeping with a man for money is 95%. Oh and because of the economy issues, the situation is getting worse. May God help us (the single guys) all.
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Czarskit(m): 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2009
~ Can't say ~ tongue
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2009
Romeo4real:

Afraid? No, Mr BJ, its b'cos she is a prostitute! Now that's not rocket science. Why would i marry a prostitute, when there are far many women who are not, that i can choose from?
as i stated before, high class hookers dont shag as many as the street crackhead because their fee is so high that they probably have one or two guy a week top. also the sexual part is not going to be any different than with a daddys girl who had "boyfriends"

Romeo4real:

So to prove u are secure in ur abilities, u have to marry a hooker? That's new to me. Rather, it actually proves u are not secure in ur abilities, otherwise why make that choice? Its not exactly something you'd be crowing about when asked what ur wife used to do. I doubt if she would mention it as her past job either. And ,Yes, i'd rather marry a woman who doesnt Bleep for money.

no. to prove you are secure with your life and abilities then you shouldnt judge a person by how many men she has had in her past. if you are scared of a woman because she has had more partners than you then there is something wrong within you that you need to look at.  to me, you either look for a virgin or not, the number in between is irrelevant unless you have a quota that you would like to share with us? some of us men shag "like prostitutes", dating/juggling 2-3girls or more at one go to service every week, are we better than the hookers that take money for it?! its all the same game, just different rules.
i am not looking for saints in life and i judge people by who they are towards me, not what they did, said or were before i met them. its just the way I am.
you wouldnt tell people about your wife's past because people are prejudicial about these things and not because you are scared or anything like that. i think it would make people look stupid if they were all high and friendly with you and the minute they know what your wife did in her past, change their attitude towards you.

Romeo4real:

This very statement shows you how a prostitute will amass more sexual baggage than any other woman - just via the nature of her job

the fact that you think that a prostitute will shag more often than any other women shows that you live in la la land. it is probably right for the crack addict who get down for a fix but the higher you go up the scale, the less these girls open their legs.
the nature of her job is to bring some joy to men out there. do not do the mistake in believing that all these men want sex. some men just need a girl to talk to, others need someone to walk around hand in hand having some form of loving and others want someone to shag for an hour to relieve them of their sexual frustration (it never last that long in their case).
believe me, a girl in a stable relationship living in a couple will shag her man more than twice a week and he will probably shag her for longer than the 15mins that most hooker do. therefore your problem is not the sex part but the fact that its different men. such hooker will have less sexual baggage than your open minded girl, the catch is that she would have been with more different men than most (if she protect herself accordingly, then its all good to me).
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2009
Yes, I would.

The term "prostitute" is a loose one - it's not always about sex for cash. Not all prostitutes are street workers, it could be a guy or girl that dated someone at work, to further their career, get promotion etc.

If it were wrong to date an ex prostitute, then most of us would be single today, as most of us have dated people that have had little to do with any depth of feeling, and everything to do with getting what we wanted out of them.
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by noetic2: 9:46pm On Jul 05, 2009
Siena:

Yes, I would.

The term "prostitute" is a loose one - it's not always about sex for cash. Not all prostitutes are street workers, it could be a guy or girl that dated someone at work, to further their career, get promotion etc.

If it were wrong to date an ex prostitute, then most of us would be single today, as most of us have dated people that have had little to do with any depth of feeling, and everything to do with getting what we want out of them.

Thou has spoken well.

Whats the point of judging people anyway?
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by olaleye101: 11:23pm On Jul 05, 2009
to date an ex-prostitute?. . .maybe if she's hot as hell. . . but to make her my wife? HELLLLLSSSSS NOOOOOOO!!!. . . i dont just think i can live with the fact that that was what she use to do. . .plus for me to make someone my wife, she has to be someone i respect and can love. . .i cant respect and love a LovePeddler. . .

plus after f***king around she now settles to carry and nurse my kids??. . . .i cant even imagine it. . .its a NO NO for me (marriage)
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 05, 2009
Meanwhile, some of these so-called wife materials sef. . . .them be pass pros
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by TheSeeker(m): 12:08am On Jul 06, 2009
Depends on the kind of situation but even if I do, I will not let anyone know. But on a second thought, what if one of her previous clients was my dad or my elder or even my younger brother? Hmmmmm,  now no one would ever want that.

I do agree with Mr.Brown that it doesn't matter as long as she has put it in her past. There are so many of these so called "good" girls who are worse than prostitutes. They keep as many as 6 boyfriends, 4 sugar daddies and they have miscellaneous d*cks at the club or bachelor's eve. I have had a lot of those before -- you know, regular girls who you'd just chat up and to your utter and upgraded disappointment, they'd fall for you like a pack of cards and you'll have sex just about anywhere, as bad a place, as the toilet. They still do exist. I remember each time I step feet on Nigerian soil, they bring me these university girls, most of whom have called their boyfriends right in my presence. What do you call these?

Someone once told me that marrying a woman is like buying an non-certified goods, whatever you find there is what you'd accept! I do have to admit though, that the few professional hookers I have come in contact with, some of them have quite good characters that I questioned their decision to become whores --- well oh well, we all know what the response would be.

As for me, marrying an ex-prostitute might be kind of dicey. On another dimension, what if I get married to her, we have kids and one of her ex-clients is my next door neighbor, he tells his wife and subsequently their kids get to know about it, and then they lash it out on my kids at school,  how does that feel? Man, this is tight but I'd prefer not to do it at all than do it and await the moral degrade
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by lordkrato(m): 1:18am On Jul 06, 2009
Hello?! Wat r we talkin abt here?ladies,can u date an ex-gigolo?simple. No one likes 2 know that his/her partner has had more shags nd was paid for it.and it occurs mostly wit guys.
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Nobody: 2:23am On Jul 06, 2009
TheSeeker:

what if I get married to her, we have kids and one of her ex-clients is my next door neighbor, he tells his wife and subsequently their kids get to know about it, and then they lash it out on my kids at school,  how does that feel? Man, this is tight but I'd prefer not to do it at all than do it and await the moral degrade

yes, that can be tough, just as much as if your next door neighbor catch your wife going to a hotel with her lover, or hears that she was caught doing some 419 etc
the main point is to live your life your way and as long as what you have makes you happy, then all is good.
teach your kids to never judge a book by its cover and when they are old enough explain to them that this is what their mother did when she was younger and lost. there is nothing shameful about it, its not the normal profession, but its nothing to be ashamed of.
btw, if your next door neighbor is an ex client, do you think he will tell his wife that he was her client? and tell his children too?! i doubt it. he will keep it as quiet as possible. if they have to be look down upon, the client aint better than the girl.
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Redfox(m): 9:33am On Jul 06, 2009
@MRbrownJAY

You sound pathetic,i have a feeling that you have an EX for a partner.how can you even rate a woman who does not give a damn about her privates.that's rather absurd.you come here to tell us that all it's in her past. I am aware that we all have an ugly past.but what can be worst than a woman who gives her body to a man without emotional attachment.do you know that these trend has seen marriages crash overtime.

You have just exposed what you know and think,what about what you don't know.believe me you can't stop thinking about the uncountable dicks that that have gone in and out.

I will rather marry a woman who use to steal for money,at least she values her privates even though, prostitution is prostitution whether you choose to hawk on the street or connect through GSM or any other.
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 06, 2009
Redfox:

@MRbrownJAY
You sound pathetic,i have a feeling that you have an EX for a partner.how can you even rate a woman who does not give a damn about her privates.that's rather absurd.you come here to tell us that all it's in her past. I am aware that we all have an ugly past.but what can be worst than a woman who gives her body to a man without emotional attachment.do you know that these trend has seen marriages crash overtime.
You have just exposed what you know and think,what about what you don't know.believe me you can't stop thinking about the uncountable dicks that that have gone in and out.
I will rather marry a woman who use to steal for money,at least she values her privates even though, prostitution is prostitution whether you choose to hawk on the street or connect through GSM or any other.

what about chief Okeke's ex gfs from the many 9ja universities? are they higher in your mind? or the girl that was getting down with her sugar daddies for recharge cards, do you value her more? what about the secretary who shag her boss, is she valued better than a prostitute?
look around you, people are fukcing and by the look of things, they dont give a damn about who is doing the shagging as long as they bring some gifts along. this is the 21st century, accept it and live with it.
let me help you decipher this: girl A have sex at 16yrs old for the first time, by the time she is 20 she has had 4different boyfriends who all shagged her. she was highly shagged by them so i guess lets say once a week(i am being generous) so in effect she has already been shagged a minimum of 200 different times give or take the day she had her periods.
now looking at it this way, do you think that this 20yr old cutie is "better" just because she chose who to get fukced by? in my book, they are all the same. its all about the relationship we have today that matters.
you know whats really pathetic?! its the guys like you who believe that a woman should cherish her toto for your own ego bullshit and nobody else (unless you are a virgin, you have no ground to stand). hell, if thats what she want to do with her toto then why not? who are you to dictate what a person should do with their own body?
can you tell me exactly in what way a prostitute is worst than a university student who do it for recharge cards?
to each their own.
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Romeo4real(m): 11:30am On Jul 06, 2009
as i stated before, high class hookers dont shag as many as the street crackhead because their fee is so high
But Mr BJ, we're not comparing high class hookers to street corner crackheads, we are comparing high class hookers to normal girls who dont sell their bodies for any monetary, materialistic or financial gain. Maybe u dont know any women like this. That would explain ur stance.

to prove you are secure with your life and abilities then you shouldn't judge a person by how many men she has had in her past.
Don't obfuscate the argument. This not about the number of sexual partners. Its about selling ur body for gain. So, deciding NOT to marry a prostitute is judgment! Wow, that is a massive leap of logic

You wouldn't tell people about your wife's past because people are prejudicial about these things
Rightly so. She is a hooker, remember!

the fact that you think that a prostitute will shag more often than any other women shows that you live in la la land.
No, you do. I run a business that deals with a lot of celebrities, and i have seen more high class hookers that you can ever dream of, so i think im better placed to tell u how often they shag! I even know them personally, and can attest that they are "normal" girls, with nice personalities who just choose that way for themselves, sometimes temporarily.
Using a very promiscuous girl as an extreme example, lets say she has 20 lovers before she gets married. A "high class" hooker, with a flat in Mayfair, London will see a min of 2 clients a week! Now that's 8 a month. Even with repeat customers, you can see that the maths will not add up eventually.

the nature of her job is to bring some joy to men out there. do not do the mistake in believing that all these men want sex. some men just need a girl to talk to, others need someone to walk around hand in hand having some form of loving and others want someone to shag for an hour to relieve them of their sexual frustration (it never last that long in their case).
We know, but we are not talking about tha merits of prostitution here.

believe me, a girl in a stable relationship living in a couple will shag her man more than twice a week and he will probably shag her for longer than the 15mins that most hooker
  But she is shagging the same guy. God! This is not difficult to understand ?Is it?

Therefore your problem is not the sex part but the fact that its different men.Such hooker will have less sexual baggage than your open minded girl
How u can reconcile these two sentences defeats me. Surely sleeping with different partners results in more sexual baggage than sleeping with the same partner - even if they happen the same number of times!

If u have 1 girlfriend, dating her for 1 yr,and u are asked a simple question at the end of the year - How many girlfriends have you had over the past yr, you don't say 365? do you?
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by v3: 12:10pm On Jul 06, 2009
@brownjay

Point taken. . .

@post

I don't see anything wrong wit "seriously dating" a prostitute. . I get the part where "she's paid to be slept wit" but there's a part of her that "knows" it just doesn't feel right. . .

brb wif my remaining thoughts on the issue
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2009
before we go any further, let me first say that if you have ever been to St Tropez, like your profile says, then you would definitely know that escort get paid highly and often do very little sexing on these parts of the world, i would even say that they make their money sunbathing on yacht.
ok on with the show:

as i stated before, high class hookers dont shag as many as the street crackhead because their fee is so high

But Mr BJ, we're not comparing high class hookers to street corner crackheads, we are comparing high class hookers to normal girls who dont sell their bodies for any monetary, materialistic or financial gain. Maybe u dont know any women like this. That would explain ur stance.
the point i am making is that PHYSICALLY, your normal girls aint different than the high class escort unless these so call "normal" girls were virgins. dont twist my words.

to prove you are secure with your life and abilities then you shouldn't judge a person by how many men she has had in her past.

Don't obfuscate the argument. This not about the number of sexual partners. Its about selling ur body for gain. So, deciding NOT to marry a prostitute is judgment! Wow, that is a massive leap of logic
of course it has everything to do with the amount of men she has had in her life. well if it isnt then let me rephrase that: would you marry a woman who shag everyone for the fun of it and would you look at her any differently than the hooker?!
better yet, in which group would you put a girl who takes money from her sugar daddy?

You wouldn't tell people about your wife's past because people are prejudicial about these things

Rightly so. She is a hooker, remember!
yes you are right about that but would that make the love you have for her any different? so your wife is an ex hooker, you loved her marry her and suddenly the look on the neighbors face is a problem to you?! it doesnt make any bloody sense at all(especially if you truly love her).
who cares what your neighbors think, live your life the way you want it and as long as its ok with you then so be it!
should you even care?! if you were strong minded enough to marry her then this will be chicken change

the fact that you think that a prostitute will shag more often than any other women shows that you live in la la land.

No, you do. I run a business that deals with a lot of celebrities, and i have seen more high class hookers that you can ever dream of, so i think im better placed to tell u how often they shag! I even know them personally, and can attest that they are "normal" girls, with nice personalities who just choose that way for themselves, sometimes temporarily.
Using a very promiscuous girl as an extreme example, lets say she has 20 lovers before she gets married. A "high class" hooker, with a flat in Mayfair, London will see a min of 2 clients a week! Now that's 8 a month. Even with repeat customers, you can see that the maths will not add up eventually.
[b]the least thing you can achieve is trying to school me on this subject. my profession is in the mix of all this, i rub shoulders with them all. from celebrities to hookers to drug dealers and the guy who owns the bloody club.
i have lived in this environment for the better part of the last15yrs. aint much i havent seen in this world and believe me, i see women in the clubs doing far worse weekend in/weekend out than what the common high class escort would do. saying that an escort is different than the common club hopping slut is a bloody lie. let me give you my 2cents:
prostitute: 2 clients a week, max 5shag per week
common girl: a bf and a lover each shagging at least twice a week, but then they shag for much longer and repeat the act numerous time so in wear and tear, if the common girl was a used car, the value would drop much lower than the prostitute.
now the whole differences we have is that you think that if she has 1 guy and bleeps him 1000 times she is better than if she has 1000 guys that she bleeps 1 time(and get paid for it). i guess to each their own, in my book they are exactly the same.[/b]

We know, but we are not talking about tha merits of prostitution here.
obvioulsy not but if you are going to talk about sexual baggage then we have to bring that out. is going to escort someone at the theater for the evening sexual baggage? is going to escort someone to dinner sexual baggage? you were talking about sexual baggage and i was pointing out that not all johns have sex and therefore there isnt as much sexual baggage as the street crackhead.

believe me, a girl in a stable relationship living in a couple will shag her man more than twice a week and he will probably shag her for longer than the 15mins that most hooker

But she is shagging the same guy. God! This is not difficult to understand ?Is it?
again i am talking physically here.the rest is all irrelevant to me because they are physically both the same. if her profession is in her past then what she did, when or with who shouldnt really concern me.

Therefore your problem is not the sex part but the fact that its different men.Such hooker will have less sexual baggage than your open minded girl

How u can reconcile these two sentences defeats me. Surely sleeping with different partners results in more sexual baggage than sleeping with the same partner - even if they happen the same number of times!
If u have 1 girlfriend, dating her for 1 yr,and u are asked a simple question at the end of the year - How many girlfriends have you had over the past yr, you don't say 365? do you?
come on now, do you know anything about the nightlife? open minded girl parties from wednesday night to sunday, she is in all the after parties and goes home every weekday with a different guy. sex to her means very little and she is just having the time of her life rubbing shoulders with the IT crowd. this girl is doing/lowering far worse than the prostitute and will outscore her 2 to 1!
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2009
Date an ex-prostitute? I think the key word here is ‘ex’. People really do leave their past behind. If a girl realizes her wrong and decides to make right her life, who are we not to give them another chance.

I never thought I’ll agree with Mr. Brown but he’s right. Most girls who sleep with their bosses, sleep with older men, even the ones that sleep with their so-called BFs are not better that the prostitutes. And it’s pretty clear that conditions have been known to push a girl to do things she ordinarily wouldn’t have thought of.
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by sweetpie23: 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2009
the stupid ones would
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by iniguy(m): 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2009
No!!!
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by touchmeder: 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2009
So many guys will be shocked when they realize the lives their so called gf's and even wife's once lived. i am not answering the question if one would marry an ex prostitute i cant answer as i aint a guy. In the Nigerian context i think we should define who we call a prostitute. i know of lovely girls like myself in the university with regular boyfriends that would suddenly turn mad when the situation arose got dressed and went out at nights and weekends on a steady basis cos some guys wanted to take them out for a nice time and spoil them with stuff. What would we call those girls? Would this same men not marry them tomorrow. Is it not what they tell you, you would take? grin
i also had steady university prostitutes room mates with steady normal boyfriend but they took their prostitution work seriously as well. More serious than the first set of girls i just spoke of. how can you describe things like this

NB: i am speaking from the Nigerian point of view please and i am in no way suggesting ALL uni ladies act in this way
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Romeo4real(m): 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2009
Mr BJ - Just wanna make it clear this is not a chest beating contest, but i gotta respond to some points u made here.

before we go any further, let me first say that if you have ever been to St Tropez, like your profile says, then you would definitely know that escort get paid highly and often do very little sexing on these parts of the world, i would even say that they make their money sunbathing on yacht.
Err, i'll actually be there again in 3wks; And i can assure you, from the numbers of parties we have on the yacht every night, there is a lot of sexing going on.

the point i am making is that PHYSICALLY, your normal girls aint different than the high class escort unless these so call "normal" girls were virgins. dont twist my words.
But they are different; just for the fact that are not selling their body for monetary gain. Again this is not about sex, virginity, or num of sexual partners. I think my definition of "normal" girl is much more narrower than urs.

better yet, in which group would you put a girl who takes money from her sugar daddy?
This is simple. based on the consistency of my argument, she is a hooker. Remember - selling ur body for monetary, material or financial gain makes u a hooker. High class or not, student or receptionist.

so your wife is an ex hooker, you loved her marry her and suddenly the look on the neighbors face is a problem to you?! it doesnt make any bloody sense at all(especially if you truly love her).
Yes it doesnt. But this argument is about why u would marry her in the first place.

The least thing you can achieve is trying to school me on this subject. my profession is in the mix of all this, i rub shoulders with them all. from celebrities to hookers to drug dealers and the guy who owns the bloody club.
i have lived in this environment for the better part of the last15yrs. aint much i havent seen in this world and believe me
Dont wanna compare sticks with u on this, but trust me, there are different levels.

i see women in the clubs doing far worse weekend in/weekend out than what the common high class escort would do. saying that an escort is different than the common club hopping slut is a bloody lie.
I agree; but u cant attribute that comment to me.

now the whole differences we have is that you think that if she has 1 guy and bleeps him 1000 times she is better than if she has 1000 guys that she bleeps 1 time(and get paid for it). i guess to each their own, in my book they are exactly the same.
I guess this statement encapsulates our differences over the issue well.

is going to escort someone at the theater for the evening sexual baggage? is going to escort someone to dinner sexual baggage?
Sex is what creates sexual baggage,. not dinner, or theatre. But this statement dos not show the full pic. An escort may just have dinner with one client, but she has sex with another. remember, its the client that decides what happens. Not the escort. Have u ever used escorts before. I have, and can confirm they are all hookers.

come on now, do you know anything about the nightlife? open minded girl parties from wednesday night to sunday, she is in all the after parties and goes home every weekday with a different guy. sex to her means very little. this girl is doing/lowering far worse than the prostitute and will outscore her 2 to 1!
Having run 2 nightclubs before, i think i would know a bit about what goes on inside.
But this is not the type of women im talking about. Remember i said "a girl having sex within the context of a relationship". The IT girl u describe here is not having relationships with these guys. You know that, so why bring up this argument?
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Romeo4real(m): 3:51pm On Jul 06, 2009
@touchmeder -
So many guys will be shocked when they realize the lives their so called gf's and even wife's once lived
. Very true, but if you u are observant, open ur eyes, and do ur due diligence, this probably wont happen to you; and i say this from experience.
There is a saying in Yorubaland - Efin ni iwa. If a woman is so unprincipled, and lacks self respect enough to sell herself for any type of gain, this aspect or her character CAN NOT be hidden. It may be subdued, but not hidden. SO check ur potential wifey properly.

In the Nigerian context i think we should define who we call a prostitute.
This is the main issue. When u look at this through the Naija lens, it all gets confusing. Naija society has redefined so may standards, where abnormalities have replaced normalities.Though a contentious statement, I can definitely conclude, from personal experience,  that most women in Naija are prostitutes.

i know of lovely girls like myself in the university with regular boyfriends that would suddenly turn mad when the situation arose got dressed and went out at nights and weekends on a steady basis cos some guys wanted to take them out for a nice time and spoil them with stuff.  What would we call those girls?
The answer above.

Would this same men not marry them tomorrow. Is it not what they tell you, you would take?
Yes, those men could, but i wouldn't. Its only a foolish man who takes on what a woman tells him as gospel. The problem is these women can be identified a mile off. Because the whole society in Naija is corrupt with an absolute lack of moral, principles and ethics, it is not possible for the men to separate the wheat from the chaff when it comes to decent women. They men think they are smart, and are too busy playing the womenn to notice they are being played also. Its like a thief trying to catch another thief.
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by whitelexi(m): 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2009
No i will not. . .
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Romeo4real(m): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2009
If it were wrong to date an ex prostitute, then most of us would be single today
@sienna - i think u shd spk for urself. Maybe in Naija, this may be the reality, but not everyone has the misfortune of only choosing Naija babes based in Naija as girlfriends or wives.
You see, the theory goes - Most Naija women who do not have the good fortune to leave Naija after their secondary school education, and then enter the University system, will eventually have their principles, integrity, and morality compromised at some point, in one way or another.
We all know that the universities in Naija are the breeding grounds for prostitution.
This is one of the reasons why many families- especially those who can afford it do let not let their kids, especially girls have their university education in Nigeria.
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 06, 2009
come on man, we are having a discussion about a subject that is taboo, look down upon in most people 's mind. whats there to beat your chest about?

Err, i'll actually be there again in 3wks; And i can assure you, from the numbers of parties we have on the yacht every night, there is a lot of sexing going on.

ok and by any chance, do all the girl doing the sexing high class hookers? or do you have your "normal" girl thrown in the pack. the girl who after taking a "substance" will have all her inhibitions thrown away and would do worst than the high class escort?

This is simple. based on the consistency of my argument, she is a hooker. Remember - selling ur body for monetary, material or financial gain makes u a hooker. High class or not, student or receptionist.
bloody hell, thanks for pointing that out finally. now i do understand you point.
you should have said that from the very beginning and we wouldnt have had to go through this amount of writing. this is what i was trying to say all along. the hooker aint better than the many girl you see out there doing far worst but not called hookers.

But they are different; just for the fact that are not selling their body for monetary gain. Again this is not about sex, virginity, or num of sexual partners. I think my definition of "normal" girl is much more narrower than urs.

in the world we live today, everyone is giving it up for one reason or the other. i was just reading on NL about a guy who was claiming that proposing marriage to a girl was a sure way to get her to open her legs. shouldnt we say that this girl is a no better than a hooker too then? since she would open her leg for "matrimonial" gain.
here is the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-292197.0.html

Yes it doesnt. But this argument is about why u would marry her in the first place.
come on man, if you dont follow what we are writing then dont reply!
i was just making a point because you wrote:
romeo4real: Its not exactly something you'd be crowing about when asked what ur wife used to do. I doubt if she would mention it as her past job either.
mrbrownjayyou wouldnt tell people about your wife's past because people are prejudicial about these things.
romeo4real: Rightly so. She is a hooker, remember!
mrbrownjay: yes you are right about that but would that make the love you have for her any different? so your wife is an ex hooker, you loved her marry her and suddenly the look on the neighbors face is a problem to you?! it doesnt make any bloody sense at all(especially if you truly love her).
who cares what your neighbors think, live your life the way you want it and as long as its ok with you then so be it!
should you even care?! if you were strong minded enough to marry her then this will be chicken change.

Sex is what creates sexual baggage,. not dinner, or theatre. But this statement dos not show the full pic. An escort may just have dinner with one client, but she has sex with another. remember, its the client that decides what happens. Not the escort. Have u ever used escorts before. I have, and can confirm they are all hookers.
no i havent been with hookers, although i have had my fair share of sexual escapades with women who were in the escort business.if you live in their environment, then you are bound to know them personally. i can safely say that after their deed is over, they are just a person like you and me. we go out to dinner, party without showing your ass to the whole clubs, dont dance like the have fire in their pants etc.
now i understand that is the "deed" that you have a problem with and i havent. so i guess we just have difference of opinion on the subject and i will leave it at that. point taken.
btw, i once been to Santo Domingo where every woman will ask you for a token/gift before shagging you. every single one of them, its just the norm over there. should i look at the whole country and think that they are all hookers? should i never date or be with any woman because they asking me for a gift? shouldnt i taste the local delicacy?

But this is not the type of women im talking about. Remember i said "a girl having sex within the context of a relationship". The IT girl u describe here is not having relationships with these guys. You know that, so why bring up this argument?

because within her life, there will be a guy that believe that this is it and that he has found the rare pearl to marry, not knowing that she is a skank. these girls dont go around telling people they are skanks, they just get down with whoever is willing to get down. so in fact, this IT girl  would find a sucker down the line who will believe that she is a good girl not knowing of her "baggage".
we can never know who we encounter, we may ask and they may let us know but the most will have you believe that they are saints. its for us to find it out or look for clues etc. thats just a headache and a sure way to get you the biggest ulcer. na thanks
if , on the other hand, you dont really care about her past and this kind of stuff then life could be much easier to live. live for today and tomorrow not for the yesterdays.
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 07, 2009
I couldn't have put it any better, Mr Brown.

Well said.
Re: For The Guys- Would You Seriously Date An Ex-prostitute? by Beaf: 8:20am On Jul 07, 2009
No long story. I won't.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Tired Of Nairaland / SAINTSAMURAI CAMPAIGN THREAD / I Need Advices On What To Do, I Can't Control Myself Having Sex With My Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.