Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. (21403 Views)

Philip Emeagwali Among The Top 10 Most Intelligent People In The World With 190 / Strange Rainfall In Kpalime Togo (Video, Pics) / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by erusen: 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
wonderful,but the most shocking is that scientists will attribute all this this to luck rather than the work of a creator
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by sameesyd(m): 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
johnydon22:
[b]5.. SMSS J031300.36-670839.3

Ok my life is officially ruined angry who in the world gives these names cus i could punch him right in the faceundecided

So well i think we will just this star Methuselah because that is exactly what it is..

This is the Oldest star we have observed in the universe yet.. 13.6billion years shocked.

This Star formed roughly more than 100million years after the Big Bang in cosmology and due to the low presence of iron and abundance of carbon elements it shows this starry Methuselah is a second generation star..

First generation Stars had older elements found in a young universe Helium, hydrogen and lithium and were short lived and the active nuclear reaction in their core led to formation of heavy metals transcending to newer stars after supernova.

So the newer the star the more heavy metals it should have.. But Methuselah has the lowest amount of heavy metals of any known star in our universe now.

1/10,000,000 of the suns iron composition.

So this Old guy has been blazing for 13.6billion years non-stop.. wow am impressed..

Someone get Methuselah a walking stick please.. grin

[/b]
Wow, indeed it needs a walk stick
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by beejaay: 8:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
johnydon22:
8..UY scuti

Give up for the largest star we know so far in the universe...

This enormous star is breathe taking, so large that it is out of the world and possibly a very good candidate for the biggest star known when more super gigantic stars are discovered.

And Canis Majoris thinks it's large undecided Haaaa Joker grin this star beats Canis to the deal..

Located 9,500 light years away from us, this star is so huge that it literally has a volume 5million times the volume of our own star we call the sun.

This star is so huge that if it is placed in the center of our solar system, it's largeness will cover up to the Orbit of Jupiter and possibly Saturn..

Our Gigantic sun literally looks like a spec of dust compared to this extremely humongous Sun..

Look harder you will see the tiny sun in the picture showing a size comparison..
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by beejaay: 8:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
johnydon22:
8..UY scuti

Give up for the largest star we know so far in the universe...

This enormous star is breathe taking, so large that it is out of the world and possibly a very good candidate for the biggest star known when more super gigantic stars are discovered.

And Canis Majoris thinks it's large undecided Haaaa Joker grin this star beats Canis to the deal..

Located 9,500 light years away from us, this star is so huge that it literally has a volume 5million times the volume of our own star we call the sun.

This star is so huge that if it is placed in the center of our solar system, it's largeness will cover up to the Orbit of Jupiter and possibly Saturn..

Our Gigantic sun literally looks like a spec of dust compared to this extremely humongous Sun..

Look harder you will see the tiny sun in the picture showing a size comparison..
my crush
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by johnydon22(m): 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
erusen:
wonderful,but the most shocking is that scientists will attribute all this this to luck rather than the work of a creator
Its not luck... It is result of interacting values.. It is not luck that if 2hydrogen molecules reacts with 1 oxygen molecule the result is water..

what we see is the result of chaotic reactions ..

If you need to assume a humanoid creator for that then you will need to conjure up another creator to explain the existence of that creator or is it just luck too?..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by gqboyy(m): 9:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
Op in dat
first pic i can see a side view of a person's face with a large forehead, ugly nose and lips, and a severely deformed head.
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by gqboyy(m): 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
Op in dat
first pic i can see a side view of a person's face with a large forehead, ugly nose and lips, and a severely deformed head., if u look carefully by d right
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by erusen: 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
johnydon22:
Its not luck... It is result of interacting values.. It is not luck that if 2hydrogen molecules reacts with 1 oxygen molecule the result is water..

what we see is the result of chaotic reactions ..

If you need to assume a humanoid creator for that then you will need to conjure up another creator to explain the existence of that creator or is it just luck too?..
and where did the hydrogen and water molecules come from assuming I buy into your theory or let's consider this, can the universe be eternal?
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by johnydon22(m): 10:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
erusen:
and where did the hydrogen and water molecules come from assuming I buy into your theory or let's consider this, can the universe be eternal?
Oh i do not know where the hydrogen came from, oxygen molecules on the other are heavier elements formed in star core ...

So that we do not know where the hydrogen molecules came from doesn't mean a humanoid did it, it means we don't ..

Areas where we lack knowledge doesn't call to be filled by assumptions...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by erusen: 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
johnydon22:
Oh i do not know where the hydrogen came from, oxygen molecules on the other are heavier elements formed in star core ...

So that we do not know where the hydrogen molecules came from doesn't mean a humanoid did it, it means we don't ..

Areas where we lack knowledge doesn't call to be filled by assumptions...
all this "humaniod" talk,just like I don't know who created the creator,I have no clue of where he stays,these are the areas that I lack knowledge concerning the creator,so I cannot also assumed that he does not exist, so u also have no clue about the origin of hydrogen,oxygen,carbon and other core elements that make the universe
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by johnydon22(m): 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
erusen:
all this "humaniod" talk,just like I don't know who created the creator,I have no clue of where he stays,these are the areas that I lack knowledge concerning the creator,so I cannot also assumed that he does not exist, so u also have no clue about the origin of hydrogen,oxygen,carbon and other core elements that make the universe
Now this is the difference... we have evidence of hydrogen, where is this creator any evidence? None..

So it falls on assumption to assert it...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by MrPresident1: 10:47pm On Feb 03, 2016
What about 'Sooting' stars of Ibadan? Those are strange stars too o.

Up 'Sooting' grin
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by erusen: 11:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
johnydon22:
Now this is the difference... we have evidence of hydrogen, where is this creator any evidence? None..

So it falls on assumption to assert it...
my question is where did all THESE elements or whatever form them came from.can time have no beginning, note the opposite of your logic explaination of everything came out from nothing,every elements came from somewhere,where they came from also originated from something,we can go on and on and on and ON,something must start another thing,the only logical explanation will be the universe is eternal,but that person is going to have a hell of answering from ME.what about cause and effect?u ask for proof of a creator?,really these words "every single thing that is in existence came or was started from somewhere"are not dumb u know,just my simple logic,I have an open mind and can consider anything as long as it does not defy my logic,ur inability to tell me that even the first object to have existed came from NOTHING, is my proof that the first object in existence came from SOMETHING,that my friend is my idea of God.
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by johnydon22(m): 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
erusen:
my question is where did all THESE elements or whatever form them came from.can time have no beginning, note the opposite of your logic explaination of everything came out from nothing,every elements came from somewhere,where they came from also originated from something,we can go on and on and on and ON,something must start another thing,the only logical explanation will be the universe is eternal,but that person is going to have a hell of answering from ME.what about cause and effect?u ask for proof of a creator?,really these words "every single thing that is in existence came or was started from somewhere"are not dumb u know,just my simple logic,I have an open mind and can consider anything as long as it does not defy my logic,ur inability to tell me that even the first object to have existed came from NOTHING, is my proof that the first object in existence came from SOMETHING,that my friend is my idea of God.
[b] You see? Still same thing..

You want to explain cause and effect then you assume a God to fill in that gap forgetting then that this God then becomes a subject of enquiry and then we pull another God?

You see it can only throw us into an infinite regress of unproven assumptive Gods.

What if that thing is hydrogen, so hydrogen is God?

You see i might not dispute the fact that something may have to be eternal or quantum fluctuations began it all but the question remains .. what?

If that eternal thing becomes a conscious humanoid, that is a complex "thing" and so you will need to explain that ..

I think it is very evidential that in this universe simpler values interact to make more complex values and the chain continues and the result gets more complex ..

If you are calling anything that is eternal "God" then it falls to logic that the word "God" to you is just a lingual expression to connote "eternal"

Meaning whether it was Hydrogen, helium or singularity of these values that was eternal then automatically that is "God" and not necessarily a conscious entity then i will like to keep calling it "hydrogen" ...

On a last note: Cause and effect you may like to look into that, may rather be a psychological position emanating from what you are used to because am sure there are subatomic particles that move themselves at speed near that of light without having anything moving them..

http://news.mit.edu/2015/self-accelerating-particles-0120

Quantum fluctuations are another example that not everything needs to be caused to happen by any reacting value.

Assumptions never answer questions . the word "God" has always being used as a gap filler for ignorance and once an answer is achieved it moves to another premise where knowledge is yet to be determined.

People used to think God(s) created planets then planetary formations became an elementary knowledge then it had to be moved to another premise where we are yet to achieve knowledge.

So the gap filler "God" will always remain a diminishing factor in the face of knowledge.. i maintain "Not knowing is not a call to fill the gap with assumptions rather a call to study to ascertain empirically what actually is
[/b]

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by jornie(m): 12:23am On Feb 04, 2016
H

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by masseratti: 1:56am On Feb 04, 2016
Nice one bro
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by danies1941(m): 3:10am On Feb 04, 2016
johnydon22:
[b]5.. SMSS J031300.36-670839.3

Ok my life is officially ruined angry who in the world gives these names cus i could punch him right in the faceundecided

So well i think we will just this star Methuselah because that is exactly what it is..

This is the Oldest star we have observed in the universe yet.. 13.6billion years shocked.

This Star formed roughly more than 100million years after the Big Bang in cosmology and due to the low presence of iron and abundance of carbon elements it shows this starry Methuselah is a second generation star..

First generation Stars had older elements found in a young universe Helium, hydrogen and lithium and were short lived and the active nuclear reaction in their core led to formation of heavy metals transcending to newer stars after supernova.

So the newer the star the more heavy metals it should have.. But Methuselah has the lowest amount of heavy metals of any known star in our universe now.

1/10,000,000 of the suns iron composition.

So this Old guy has been blazing for 13.6billion years non-stop.. wow am impressed..

Someone get Methuselah a walking stick please.. grin

[/b]

Point of correction. It has not been blazing for 13.6 Billion years. What we see is how it was 13.6 billion years ago. The star is likely dead by now.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by UyiIredia(m): 7:34am On Feb 04, 2016
johnydon22:

[b] You see? Still same thing..

You want to explain cause and effect then you assume a God to fill in that gap forgetting then that this God then becomes a subject of enquiry and then we pull another God?

You see it can only throw us into an infinite regress of unproven assumptive Gods.

What if that thing is hydrogen, so hydrogen is God?

You see i might not dispute the fact that something may have to be eternal or quantum fluctuations began it all but the question remains .. what?

If that eternal thing becomes a conscious humanoid, that is a complex "thing" and so you will need to explain that ..

I think it is very evidential that in this universe simpler values interact to make more complex values and the chain continues and the result gets more complex ..

If you are calling anything that is eternal "God" then it falls to logic that the word "God" to you is just a lingual expression to connote "eternal"

Meaning whether it was Hydrogen, helium or singularity of these values that was eternal then automatically that is "God" and not necessarily a conscious entity then i will like to keep calling it "hydrogen" ...

On a last note: Cause and effect you may like to look into may rather be a psychological position emanating from what you are used to because am sure there are subatomic particles that move themselves at speed near that of light without having anything moving them..

http://news.mit.edu/2015/self-accelerating-particles-0120

Quantum fluctuations are another example that not everything needs a to caused to happen by any reacting value.

Assumptions never answer questions . the word "God" has always being used as a gap filler for ignorance and once an answer is achieved it moves to another premise where knowledge is yet to be determined.

People used to think God(s) created planets then planetary formations became an elementary knowledge then it had to be moved to another premise where we are yet to achieve knowledge.

So the gap filler "God" will always remain a diminishing factor in the face of knowledge.. i maintain "Not knowing is not a call to fill the gap with assumptions rather a call to study to ascertain empirically what actually is
[/b]

There will always be something we are ignorant. Even if mankind knows everything he will yearn for a state of ignorance out of boredom. God is only a gap filler te way theories are.
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by johnydon22(m): 8:19am On Feb 04, 2016
UyiIredia:

There will always be something we are ignorant. Even if mankind knows everything he will yearn for a state of ignorance out of boredom. God is only a gap filler te way theories are.
Exactly, if there are nothing more to learn we won't be learning anymore, same goes if we buy into assumptions as truth, there wouldn't be any need to learn anymore since we already are comfortable with filling it up with assumptions and delude ourselves with the illusion of knowledge.

Try to know and not assume.. Gap-fillers will always be a continuous receding factor because once that knowledge is reached the gap filler becomes irrelevant, this is crystal clear in every breakthrough of mankind's knowledge... That we don't know means we don't.

God(s) did it keeps getting smaller and waning.

"I do not know" is the key word to science, it takes every intellectual humility to accept ignorance and not fill up your ignorance with unfounded assumptions.

There is no shame in not knowing, it is noble to accept it but the only problem is when irrational thoughts and attendant behaviour fills the gap left by ignorance..

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by taurus25(m): 1:05pm On Feb 04, 2016
danies1941:

Point of correction. It has not been blazing for 13.6 Billion years. What we see is how it was 13.6 billion years ago. The star is likely dead by now.

nice thought......our eyes can time travel in a way
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by UyiIredia(m): 4:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
johnydon22:
Exactly, if there are nothing more to learn we won't be learning anymore, same goes if we buy into assumptions as truth, there wouldn't be any need to learn anymore since we already are comfortable with filling it up with assumptions and delude ourselves with the illusion of knowledge.

Try to know and not assume.. Gap-fillers will always be a continuous receding factor because once that knowledge is reached the gap filler becomes irrelevant, this is crystal clear in every breakthrough of mankind's knowledge... That we don't know means we don't.

God(s) did it keeps getting smaller and waning.

"I do not know" is the key word to science, it takes every intellectual humility to accept ignorance and not fill up your ignorance with unfounded assumptions.

There is no shame in not knowing, it is noble to accept it but the only problem is when irrational thoughts and attendant behaviour fills the gap left by ignorance..

What of the gap left by knowledge ? Knowledge leaves a gap of more things to know eg knowledge of mathematics has infinite number of mathematical problems to solve.
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by johnydon22(m): 7:45pm On Feb 04, 2016
UyiIredia:

What of the gap left by knowledge ? Knowledge leaves a gap of more things to know eg knowledge of mathematics has infinite number of mathematical problems to solve.
That gap remains that of ignorance because you do not know it and so just like any other gap is not meant to be filled up with assumptions and irrational thoughts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by Psylas(m): 12:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
erusen:
and it's really luck,
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by erusen: 1:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
Psylas:
and it's really luck,
what do u mean
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by Psylas(m): 11:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
erusen:
what do u mean
they a all happened by chance
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by inu629: 5:03am On Feb 09, 2016
Universe is the most amazing thing
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by erusen: 6:53am On Feb 09, 2016
Psylas:
they a
all happened by chance
i see that is the path u have chosen,well that chance must be one hell of a chance
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by afoobabs(m): 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
timilehin007:
We are not alone
i concur if only sun can serve most of the planet am begining to think these other stars ar nt there for noting there must be a reason

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by oaroloye(m): 6:33am On Apr 02, 2017
I believe in the CONCAVE EARTH Theory of CYRUS TEED, currently championed by LORD STEVEN CHRISTOPHER, which says that the Sun, Moon, Planets, Stars, and Galaxies are no more than 10,000 miles distant from us at all times, and are a LOT tinier than we have been told by FAKE WESTERN SCIENCE.
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by Dawdy(m): 9:11am On Apr 02, 2017
They are all lies. Moon stars sun are all lights in our firmament under the dome. . There is nothing like planets. All these things are just lights in the sky. Don't be deceived! Earth is not a spinning ball, Their evidence is CGI computer generated imagery.
Re: 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. by johnydon22(m): 12:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
Dawdy:
They are all lies. Moon stars sun are all lights in our firmament under the dome. . There is nothing like planets. All these things are just lights in the sky. Don't be deceived! Earth is not a spinning ball, Their evidence is CGI computer generated imagery.

i have several arguments with you, you always end up running away all the time when it is time to defend this BS you always peddle around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scientist Exterminate 5 Million Rats in Antarctic Island / 40-year-old Woman Breastfeeds Tiger Cubs / World's Youngest Male-to-Female Transsexual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.