Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,072 members, 7,807,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State (39048 Views)

The Beauty Of The Ikeja Bus Terminal At Night (Photos) / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion / PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
One really can't tell how developed lagos is until you view it from a different angle.

Below are some pictures of the city of lagos taken from above to show the beauty of the commercial hub and centre of excellence.

Eko o ni baje o!

Pictures courtesy: @Gidi_traffic (twitter)

Enjoy!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
More beauty of lagos. cool

1 Like

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by smileyz16(m): 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2016
eko o ni baje oo..awa ni a ni eko ooo
biko #leavethrashforlawma

8 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
Sense making!

1 Like

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
The centre of excellence cool
Eko o ni baje o!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
And the beauty continues cool
I love lagos

9 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
Eko akete aromisa legbe legbe

8 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
Enjoy o

5 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Starttell: 3:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
Am street.
Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by ahkenaten(m): 4:24pm On Jan 16, 2016
woow...cool

what is making Nigeria look rough is, there is no plan being followed by hoise builders, people build houses anyhow and anyplace.

If a master plan for each local govt is cin existence and is being followed, no matter how ugly the houses look, everything will be organized.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by OgbeifunErom: 4:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
MXrep:

Lol, wake me up when u replicate same over here. beuty of lagos ko, beauty of nomansland ni

There are more IPOB Youths in that town than Anambra Population

90% of the men of Ihiala village sell DVDS under Oshodi bridge

The number of Igbo palm wine sellers in Akure is more than the population of Abia state

IPOB youths cannot do without Yorubaland.

I can bet my life that your family and yourself live in Yorubaland

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
MXrep:

Lol, wake me up when u replicate same over here. beuty of lagos ko, beauty of nomansland ni
stop being hate filled and appreciate giant strides. The picture of a part of ibadan you posted was once hailed in the same manner lagos is being hailed today cos it was the most modern city before the colonial masters came into Nigerian. That city is ancient and historic.

17 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Flyoruboy(m): 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2016
MXrep:

Smh. Bad belle is bad for your health. Even the pix you just showed has better planning - with a city center (CBD) with skyscrapers - than anything your disjointed and unplanned glorified villages in the SE has to offer. Till today only Lag, Abj and IB have a well-planned CBD. That same city boasts of the first skyscraper in tropical Africa at the time it was completed. Isn't it a sad shame that till today no single building in the entire SE can match it in height and elegance? The loss of the civil war definitely did permanent damage to you folks' collective self-esteem. For real.

34 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by MXrep: 5:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
stop being hate filled and appreciate giant strides. The picture of a part of ibadan you posted was once hailed in the same manner lagos is being hailed today cos it was the most modern city before the colonial masters came into Nigerian. That city is ancient and historic.
u call me hate filled but u didn't see the person i quoted?? who among us started a hate speech??

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by MXrep: 5:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
Flyoruboy:

Smh. Bad belle is bad for your health. Even the pix you just showed has better planning - with a city center (CBD) with skyscrapers - than anything your disjointed and unplanned glorified villages in the SE has to offer. Till today only Lag, Abj and IB have a well-planned CBD. That same city boasts of the first skyscraper in tropical Africa at the time it was completed. Isn't it a sad shame that till today no single building in the entire SE can match it in height and elegance? The loss of the civil war definitely did permanent damage to you folks' collective self-esteem. For real.
The bolded is a creation of the imagination of Lagos-Ibadan propanganda house. See the google earth picture of Ibadan, Onitsha and Aba and tell me which one is better planned. I pity ur untravelld as.s
1. Ibadan
2. Onitsha
3. Aba

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by MXrep: 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
OgbeifunErom:

There are more IPOB Youths in that town than Anambra Population

90% of the men of Ihiala village sell DVDS under Oshodi bridge

The number of Igbo palm wine sellers in Akure is more than the population of Abia state

IPOB youths cannot do without Yorubaland.

I can bet my life that your family and yourself live in Yorubaland
Lol, continue entertaining us

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Flyoruboy(m): 5:48pm On Jan 16, 2016
MXrep:

The bolded is a creation of the imagination of Lagos-Ibadan propanganda house. See the google earth picture of Ibadan, Onitsha and Aba and tell me which one is better planned. I pity ur untravelld as.s
1. Ibadan
2. Onitsha
3. Aba

Abeg Gerrarahere. Those tired images are as fake as a $2 bill. You people are reputed counterfieters so no surprises there. Show me a skyline view of any city in the entire SE, as in the REAL THING and not some random narrow cluster of GRA buildings or fake Google shyt, that matches these of Ibadan or forever hold your peace. You all can never win this sorta battles so just drop it already.

30 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by apholaryn: 6:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
MXrep:

hater..God go help u..u go soon chop poison with the rate u dey go with jealousy.

7 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by ODVanguard: 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
MXrep:

Why is it that of all the ethnicities in Nigeria, Igbos are the only ones always pandering this 'nomansland' mantra? If it's not Lagos that you all are calling a 'nomansland', it'll be Abuja. Why? Don't you all have any iota of self-pride in your own region? Are you the only ethnic group in Nigeria? Or is it that you are wired to provoke animosity with your neighbours? I don't get it. Yorubas speak of Lagos with pride, showcase her beauty and history with gusto, recite eulogies and poems in reverence of her, and address her with affection. But the most Igbos can do is derisively address her as a 'nomansland', why? because you all have no spiritual connection to the land but are here to exploit and plunder her. If war breaks out tomorrow or there's a crisis involving Lagos, you all will pack your bags to flee to the SE, while the Yorubas will remain and fight for their land -- as happened during the June 12 crisis. Lagos is not and won't be a part of Biafra, neither is it in the SE region. It is and will always remain SW/Yorubaland. You all need to let that sink into your brains.

59 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by rhymaster: 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
ODVanguard:

Why is it that of all the ethnicities in Nigeria, Igbos are the only ones always pandering this 'nomansland' mantra? If it's not Lagos that you all are calling a 'nomansland', it'll be Abuja. Why? Don't you all have any iota of self-pride in your own region? Are you the only ethnic group in Nigeria? Or is it that you are wired to provoke animosity with your neighbours? I don't get it. Yorubas speak of Lagos with pride, showcase her beauty and history with gusto, recite eulogies and poems in reverence of her, and address her with affection. But the most Igbos can do is derisively address her as a 'nomansland', why? because you all have no spiritual connection to the land but are here to exploit and plunder her. If war breaks out tomorrow or there's a crisis involving Lagos, you all will pack your bags to flee to the SE, while the Yorubas will remain and fight for their land -- as happened during the June 12 crisis. Lagos is not and won't be a part of Biafra, neither is it in the SE region. It is and will always remain SW/Yorubaland. You all need to let that sink into your brains.

You get time...leave ibos alone and their crass base way of reasoning! Ibos wish they could have been in any other land, so they flock everywhere just to exploit any land. They cannot and have failed each time they tried, so no need to return their insults, Lagos, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, etc are Yoruba land and can never be iboland. Yes, we allow ibos as guests alone, just in the name of Nigeria but they've got it twisted. Buying land is just a lease that lasts only for 99 years and we will always own our lands! No other part of Nigeria wants to move to iboland, not even most ibos who've ever lived elsewhere. Is there any other reason why they keep calling Yoruba land, Hausa land, SS land, etc no man's land and think they are joint owners as the natives?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by MXrep: 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2016
ODVanguard:

Your sermon is unnecessary, u can celebrate lagos without bringing others into ur celebration, check the post history and see who fired the first shot

18 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Ugonnax: 6:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
Op do you have conscience at all? Why are you showing us a city developed by whites, oil money and all Nigerians? Show us Ibadan, Ilesha, e.t.c.

21 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by MXrep: 7:00pm On Jan 16, 2016
Flyoruboy:

Abeg Gerrarahere. Those tired images are as fake as a $2 bill. You people are reputed counterfieters so no surprises there. Show me a skyline view of any city in the entire SE, as in the REAL THING and not some random narrow cluster of GRA buildings or fake Google shyt, that matches these of Ibadan or forever hold your peace. You all can never win this sorta battles so just drop it already.
I dont have ur time your nonesense pictures, I was responding to the issue of planning. when it comes to city urban plan google earth is the best software to chek it out. open ur google earth and give us the real pictures if think mine is not geniune. This is another google earth picture of Upper Iweaka inter change at Onitsha

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ugonnax:
Op do you have conscience at all? Why are you showing us a city developed by whites, oil money and all Nigerians? Show us Ibadan, Ilesha, e.t.c.
there's a thread on Ibadan; look for it.

Meanwhile, Go nd read about the history of lagos before making baseless assertions from your tiny room in a southeast village.

Look at you below while typing the above rubbish.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by ODVanguard: 7:06pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ugonnax:

If the OP who is a Yorubaman doesn't showcase the beauty of the collective Yoruba heritage that is Lagos, who else would show it? Igbos certainly won't, since and because you all know DEEP down that you have no REAL spiritual connection to Lagos -- you people even often call the city all sorts of derogatory names like 'nomansland', 'dirty', e.t.c, and resort to blackmail in response to the Governor's efforts to develop it. Therefore it's incumbent on Yorubas like the OP to showcase her to the world, irrespective of your bad-belle. If Lagos was by happenstance or providence in the SE and was 'developed by whites, oil money and all Nigerians' as you allege, una sef go do the same.

27 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Flyoruboy(m): 7:09pm On Jan 16, 2016
MXrep:

I dont have ur time your nonesense pictures, I was responding to the issue of planning. when it comes to city urban plan google earth is the best software to chek it out. open ur google earth and give us the real pictures if think mine is not geniune. This is another google earth picture of Upper Iweaka inter change at Onitsha

I have busted your a$$, with your fake-as$/doctored Google earth nonsense, so now be gone and let other better people enjoy this thread. Go and open a separate SW-bashing thread if you're feeling ho.r.ny or something.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by MXrep: 7:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
rhymaster:

You get time...leave ibos alone and their crass base way of reasoning! Ibos wish they could have been in any other land, so they flock everywhere just to exploit any land. They cannot and have failed each time they tried, so no need to return their insults, Lagos, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun, etc are Yoruba land and can never be iboland. Yes, we allow ibos as guests alone, just in the name of Nigeria but they've got it twisted. Buying land is just a lease that lasts only for 99 years and we will always own our lands! No other part of Nigeria wants to move to iboland, not even most ibos who've ever lived elsewhere. Is there any other reason why they keep calling Yoruba land, Hausa land, SS land, etc no man's land and think they are joint owners as the natives?
Lol, u ppl can keep fooling around. u abandoned ur rusted roofs and want to come and shine with government and Oyibo mans properties??

12 Likes

Re: Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State by Ugomba(m): 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
Mr OP.. Federal Money was poured in Lagos as a former capital, Show us Ibadan the Western Nigeria Capital.
- or you show us Osogboo the capital of Osun state, the ancestral city of the western nigeria.
- I Rep. Asaba

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Places To Visit In Nigeria During Christmas Holidays / Nigerian Student In UK Drowns In Canada While On School Trip (Photos) / Train Collides With Truck In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.