Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories (49948 Views)

Are Nigerian Mothers Too Hard On Their Daughters? / 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe / My Father Was Too Hard On My Brother Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by ademega(m): 4:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hard to believe marriage break up stories

There are breakups in marriages which can be caused as a result of different issues ranging from complex to minute issues. Issues of infidelity, infertility, distance, lack of love, care, sexual dissatisfaction etc .
There are some breakup stories in marriages that one keeps wondering how come? What happened? could this be normal or it has some spiritual influence ?
I will like to share two stories I have heard before here.

(1) On the wedding day in the present of all the guests in the church ,the pastor went a little bit too far relaying on what the groom has told him by advising that parents should train decent children like the bride and grown who both had never tasted the “forbidden fruit” . The whole church went into gospel jubilation because that was a rear occurrence in this modern day one round for N10 sex. The MC at the reception will not even help matters further as he gave the reason behind the all-white gigantic cake which he explained that it symbolise a “virgin land” that no man has ever cultivated . It was a wedding of two virgins!. The following day rumour had it that there was a serious misunderstanding between the newly wedded couple. Before we knew it all parents of both parties travelled down to settle the issue, like a short drama things were changing so fast for the worst. After three days of unresolved issues the man went for divorce straight away. The first night was the only night the couple spent together and. that was the end of a glorious wedding. We later heard that the first night was a disappointment for the man, despite the trust and utmost believe she had in the lady for making him believe that he was a virgin for good three years they dated .he couldn’t bear the disappointment and worst still he said he couldn’t live with such for the rest of his years with a lady that made him feel such way hence, the best best was a divorce. People couldn’t just comprehend the whole drama, just like a dream.

(2) There was another hard to believe story of a wedding. My lecturer told us this story. The wedding was on top gear, they just left the church and it was at the reception venue when the MC started calling the bride and groom parents to the high table. The groom complained to the bride that they were yet to call the who is who in his family that only the bride family members full the high table. The reply was shocking to the husband and the people that later heard .the lady asked the guy how many big people was in his family that deserve the high table seat? and that was the end of both reception and the marriage

Add yours .

105 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 16, 2016
I don't understand your stories

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by HALIX16: 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2016
Waoh!

Crazy stories. Happens though. Once married, takes tolerance and perseverance to sustain it. The love that supposedly held them together all the while becomes so insignificant.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Godmother(f): 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
For the first story, the lady was deceitful although there's something called forgiveness. For the second story the guy went too far but both of them are not serious.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by ademega(m): 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2016
lalasticlala Fulaman198, odumchi, bigfrancis21, ishilove, Fynestboi, Mynd44, Obinoscopy, Ijebabe, Seun, Yokiti, Dominique, tosyn2much,elantraceey, caracta, naijaboy, oyinprince, onismate, onegai, Gaborone, 4tunebest, toks37, introvert, viviangist4, Mostwanted7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by ademega(m): 6:41pm On Jan 16, 2016
lofty900:
I don't understand your stories
me too

10 Likes

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Ishilove: 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2016
Although these stories are fantastic, they MAY just be true. I heard of a couple that divorced after the first night because the groom wanted to squeeze toothpaste out of the tube by holding the bottom, while the bride insisted that it should be squeezed by holding the neck. undecided

When they could not reach a compromise, the groom told the bride she was a stubborn woman and he couldn't live with such a woman for the rest of his life.

Na so marriage end o undecided

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by edwife(f): 7:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ishilove:
Although these stories are fantastic, they MAY just be true. I heard of a couple that divorced after the first night because the groom wanted to squeeze toothpaste out of the tube by holding the bottom, while the bride insisted that it should be squeezed by holding the neck. undecided

When they could not reach a compromise, the groom told the bride she was stubborn woman and he couldn't live with such a woman for the rest of his life.

gringringrin

The one i heard was that they went for honeymoon and the bride forgot her toothbrush.She insisted in using the hubby's one but he vehemently refused and offered to go out to get her one.She refused and accused him of not practising the two become one vow.... grin that if he cannot share a simple toothbrush with her,he won't share important stuff with her either.

She didn't want to have anything to do with him.... cheesy cheesy

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Ishilove: 7:37pm On Jan 16, 2016
edwife:

gringringrin

The one i heard was that they went for honeymoon and the bride forgot her toothbrush.She insisted in using the hubby's one but he vehemently refused and offered to go out to get her one.She refused and accused him of not practising the two become one vow.... grin that if he cannot share a simple toothbrush with her,he won't share important stuff with her either.

She didn't want to have anything to do with him.... cheesy cheesy
They are both unserious and immature. Sometimes I wonder if the people that do these are under a spell

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by edwife(f): 7:40pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ishilove:

They are both unserious and immature. Sometimes I wonder if the people that do these are under a spell

Tell me about it. sad very sad.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by cococandy(f): 7:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
Godmother:
For the first story, the lady was deceitful although there's something called forgiveness. For the second story the guy went too far but both of them are not serious.
Lol. How do we know the guy was not lying about his own virgin status?
Who can tell? cheesy

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
I dont believe this,

1 Like

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
wedding are a very big waste of time and resources, i can't imagine 100+ people i dont know coming to make life unbearable for a day.

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by oppybouy(m): 8:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
When asked why he broke up, he said. The way she chews her food when eating. Like a fvcking animal.

24 Likes

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Onegai(f): 8:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hmm. This, I heard from second-hand sources.

Man took his bride home to complete traditional wedding preparations. Apparently the brideprice items became higher than he budgeted and kept increasing, with no end in sight. In anger or frustration, groom swore to marry and mortgaged his 2 shops in Lagos to get more money to pay the brideprice items. When it was time to collect bride, she refused to go, stating that if he had to scramble like that to raise funds for the wedding, perhaps he had been deceiving her about his finances. Groom came back to Lagos a single man (I think they returned the brideprice).

Second tale (sadly I knew some of the people involved).

Couple had been dating and the girl came from a wealthier background and the man's mum had been nursing a grudge against her family for a while (they were from the same place and the mama was prone to seeing disrespect in any little fault the girl had since she felt the girl's mum was carrying herself like a peacock. Girl's mum was a royal). Slowly, mama poisoned her son's mind but told him there was no need to call off the wedding, that once the girl was his, they could "train" her. Mama had a thing for revenge. On the wedding night, bride was dropped off at husband's family home. Husband locked the door and challenged her that "so you've been feeling like a queen and being rude to my mother, eh? " Shocked bride denied it and an argument ensued. Groom beat the sh.it out of her to the point she was screaming for help trying to climb out the window. What did Mama do? She turned up the radio loudly to drown out bride's cries for help. Then both of them warned bride to say nothing and be kneeling down to greet Mama or she would get the beating of her life. They insisted on privacy for the new couple so that the bruises would fade. But a week later, bride's aunt (suspecting something) insisted on seeing the bride. And that was how the marriage ended. Amazingly, Mama blamed everyone who came to collect the girl for the marital breakup (she accused my relative of wanting the groom for one of her daughters).

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by kelechiodo(m): 9:05pm On Jan 16, 2016
These stories una dey share.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Godmother(f): 9:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
cococandy:

Lol. How do we know the guy was not lying about his own virgin status?
Who can tell? cheesy

Hehehe, abi, since there's no hymen to confirm.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by cococandy(f): 10:39pm On Jan 16, 2016
@second story.
No kidding! shocked shocked

What kind of evil MIL is that?
Onegai:
Hmm. This, I heard from second-hand sources.

Man took his bride home to complete traditional wedding preparations. Apparently the brideprice items became higher than he budgeted and kept increasing, with no end in sight. In anger or frustration, groom swore to marry and mortgaged his 2 shops in Lagos to get more money to pay the brideprice items. When it was time to collect bride, she refused to go, stating that if he had to scramble like that to raise funds for the wedding, perhaps he had been deceiving her about his finances. Groom came back to Lagos a single man (I think they returned the brideprice).

Second tale (sadly I knew some of the people involved).

Couple had been dating and the girl came from a wealthier background and the man's mum had been nursing a grudge against her family for a while (they were from the same place and the mama was prone to seeing disrespect in any little fault the girl had since she felt the girl's mum was carrying herself like a peacock. Girl's mum was a royal). Slowly, mama poisoned her son's mind but told him there was no need to call off the wedding, that once the girl was his, they could "train" her. Mama had a thing for revenge. On the wedding night, bride was dropped off at husband's family home. Husband locked the door and challenged her that "so you've been feeling like a queen and being rude to my mother, eh? " Shocked bride denied it and an argument ensued. Groom beat the sh.it out of her to the point she was screaming for help trying to climb out the window. What did Mama do? She turned up the radio loudly to drown out bride's cries for help. Then both of them warned bride to say nothing and be kneeling down to greet Mama or she would get the beating of her life. They insisted on privacy for the new couple so that the bruises would fade. But a week later, bride's aunt (suspecting something) insisted on seeing the bride. And that was how the marriage ended. Amazingly, Mama blamed everyone who came to collect the girl for the marital breakup (she accused my relative of wanting the groom for one of her daughters).

9 Likes

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Atk01(f): 11:06pm On Jan 16, 2016
Ishilove:

When they could not reach a compromise, the groom told the bride she was stubborn woman and he couldn't live with such a woman for the rest of his life.

What happened to getting separate toothpaste tubes? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by bennyrazz: 11:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
@the second story @op. Some Women are filled with one kind of senseless ego. Imagine if nations were women, they wouldn't talk to each other. The man did the right thing jare, condescending on Your husband family right on the wedding day

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by bukatyne(f): 11:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
Strange but True.
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Jahblessme: 11:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
Unserious people..
Anyway couples have broken up for less..leaving toilet seat up,pressing toothpaste the wrong way,spitting bones out while eating,chewing like a beast etc

10 Likes

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by sukkot: 11:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
wink grin 2nd story though

1 Like

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Mariecakes(f): 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by ayusco85(m): 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
there weirder stories abt marriage break ups. lots of people ve been scammed all in the bid to get married.

1 Like

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by free2ryhme: 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
singing ****this is super story****

1 Like

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Benjom(m): 11:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
'Pride' can destroy glorious destinies if not put to check.

2 Likes

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by free2ryhme: 11:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
moral

always be open with your partner before marriage

3 Likes

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by VickyRotex(f): 11:37pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hmmmmm!!! undecided undecided

The first one is common sha. Not strange.

1 Like

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hmmm

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm About To Regret Getting Married / Sex Is Causing Problems In My Marriage, Help Me Save My Marriage / My Boyfriend Should Earn 800k Before I'll Agree To Marry Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.