Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories (49945 Views)

Are Nigerian Mothers Too Hard On Their Daughters? / 6 Problematic Things That Nigerian Men Have Been Raised To Believe / My Father Was Too Hard On My Brother Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by aluko360(m): 1:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
This happened in first quarter of 2008.

I was supposed to be one of the groom's men but I could not attend due to work related issues.

The couple met in church; both are workers in different departments within the church.

The courtship was the holy type devoid 0f any intimacy as Sister C***a was a virgin.

Na the wedding night wahala start:

The wife didn't want to go naked before her man.

After so much struggles, the groom realised the following :

*. Wife is not a virgin as claimed

* she already had 2 kids back in the days

* the pointed SRS airbags that attracted my friend in the first place were fake- all na Mouka foam padded bras.

* the wife senior am wella. ( 6 year +)

The guy no get time for divorce, they parted ways by mutual consent after 3 months

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2016
ayusco85:

U chose a wrong moniker then. U for try use loverofanimal
my mistake
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by keishablack(f): 1:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
charlsecy:
You mean a man who is a virgin can't decode the virginity status of his bride during intercourse?
Am not a man so I don't really know. Am just saying
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
There is this one of a couple that were given gifts of a house in the mainland (by the groom's father) and a house on the Island (by the bride's father). They travelled out for their honeymoon and on their return at the airport, an argument started. The groom already assumed they were going to live in the mainland house gifted by his dad. The bride said no. that they should go live in the Island house. That she does not want to live in the mainland. Na so marriage scatter. Each left the airport in different cars to diff destinations!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by FOLLEY20(m): 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2016
edwife:

Tell me about it. sad very sad.
. Actually, there is a force behind such things.
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by byvan03: 2:43pm On Jan 17, 2016
Onegai:
cococandy nd byvan03 some MiLs will make you regret getting married grin where were you when last week someone said her MiL told everyone she was rude and refused to visit because she stopped the MiL from using engine oil to rub the baby's navel during omugwo?

What shocked ? These mamas boys need to know that their mother 's reign ends in her husband 's house angry.
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by macino1(m): 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
T
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by macino1(m): 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2016
Seriously there are some issues in marriage that shouldn't bring about divorce.

Meanwhile, let us help you solve some of the marital challenges (sexual aspect): www.nairaland.com/2852801/top-secret-make-stick-love
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by ashjay001(m): 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ishilove:

My mum didn't. She and my dad are best of friends and they never allowed 3rd party interference.

D exception, not d rule and rare.

And, hell, to some pple might be-changing their car tyres.
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Minemrys: 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
cococandy:
@second story.
No kidding! shocked shocked

What kind of evil MIL is that?
guy i d0n watch dis film. Haba, na emeka ike be the husband na, patience ozokwor na im be the m0ther in law, chi0ma chukwuka be the bride and ngozi ezeonu be the aunty. Na olu jacobs be the gal papa. Na n0llyw0od film be dis. I d0n watch am. Na mike ezurounye later marry d gal na.

4 Likes

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Ginaz(f): 3:42pm On Jan 17, 2016
Loisemm:
There is this one of a couple that were given gifts of a house in the mainland (by the groom's father) and a house on the Island (by the bride's father). They travelled out for their honeymoon and on their return at the airport, an argument started. The groom already assumed they were going to live in the mainland house gifted by his dad. The bride said no. that they should go live in the Island house. That she does not want to live in the mainland. Na so marriage scatter. Each left the airport in different cars to diff destinations!

Chaiiiii, see lie o.. Jesu! Con see iyalaya big lie shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by aphildam(m): 3:51pm On Jan 17, 2016
FOLLEY20:
. Actually, there is a force behind such things.
yea somethings are only spiritually discerned, Obedience to God and the word of instruction can keep men from falling into trap. Christ is glorified

1 Like

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Ishilove: 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Will you marry your best friend ?
Yes of course. Everything isn't love. Understanding plays a big role in the success of a marriage

1 Like

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ginaz:

Chaiiiii, see lie o.. Jesu! Con see iyalaya big lie shocked shocked

Its true, I was at the hairport that day. Their argument was a hit back to back till they entered the cars

1 Like

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Ishilove: 3:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
aluko360:
This happened in first quarter of 2008.

I was supposed to be one of the groom's men but I could not attend due to work related issues.

The couple met in church; both are workers in different departments within the church.

The courtship was the holy type devoid 0f any intimacy as Sister C***a was a virgin.

Na the wedding night wahala start:

The wife didn't want to go naked before her man.

After so much struggles, the groom realised the following :

*. Wife is not a virgin as claimed

* she already had 2 kids back in the days

* the pointed SRS airbags that attracted my friend in the first place were fake- all na Mouka foam padded bras.

* the wife senior am wella. ( 6 year +)

The guy no get time for divorce, they parted ways by mutual consent after 3 months
A marriage based on lies and deceit. Didn't he pray well before marrying?

3 Likes

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2016
Does it mean that people of those days were created from different species?

My parent stayed married for 35years until we lost mom! Dad is even refusing to re-marry because he said he can never get anybody like my late mom.

What's happening to New Generations? How come little things break homes? Does this mean that people hide their true self until after marriage?

1 Like

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Abbey2sam(m): 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
Loisemm:

fabu
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by aluko360(m): 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ishilove:

A marriage based on lies and deceit. Didn't he pray well before marrying?

I can't answer that.

All I know is that they were both "brethren" in the same pentecostal church which they attend.

Personally, the church is the last place to go shopping for a life partner. It's like travelling from Kan0 to Lagos to buy a used item without testing it at the point of purchase.

2 Likes

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Miami11: 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
I know a couple that had an elaborate wedding,

A little after the wedding was finishing the groom went missing, little did people know he had disappeared with a girl that was at the wedding,

So the bride and everyone is looking for him, apparently he had left with another girl that followed him to their wedding, that was the straw that broke the camels back, everyone parted way

I know this couple to this day, each has moved on but men, bad arse man
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by justmenoni: 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
Me too...op can u explain further the first case cos u made it sound as if they are lesbians

quote author=lofty900 post=42036690]I don't understand your stories [/quote]
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Ishilove: 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
aluko360:

I can't answer that.

All I know is that they were both "brethren" in the same pentecostal church which they attend.

Personally, the church is the last place to go shopping for a life partner. It's like travelling from Kan0 to Lagos to buy a used item without testing it at the point of purchase.
Being church workers is no gurantee of compatibility. The only difference between them and the next sinner is the label 'church worker'.

3 Likes

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by godman01(m): 5:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
cococandy:
Lol. How do we know the guy was not lying about his own virgin status? Who can tell? cheesy
If he was, he won't divorce the lady.
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by eyinjuege: 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
timpaker:
Two in-laws caused the divorce of my friend's (colleague) wedding of 2 days.

The father-in-law of my friend refuse to shake hands and pose for photographs during his wedding. The father-in-law of my friend stated that my friend's father refused him a contract in the now defunct NEPA in 1978 even before my friend and his wife were born.

The beef continued at the reception when the bride and groom were dancing and both father-in-law were spraying money on their kids and my friend's father mistakenly stepped on the girl's dad shoe... .. see serious beef... . They started calling each other names like "ritualist"...." 419er" and that was it. The groom called on the men to respect his day and that was it....

The father-in-law grabbed his daughter and left the reception saying the groom would use her for rituals.

I just taya for Dia.... A whole best man like me. undecided

If your story is true, both fathers-in-law ought to be committed into mental institutions. They are both obviously stark raving mad!!!
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by aluko360(m): 5:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ishilove:

Being church workers is no gurantee of compatibility. The only difference between them and the next sinner is the label 'church worker'.

I get your point.

it's the pack of lies that made her lose her man.

Being a virgin does not guarantee a good wife.

Having a kid before marriage is not a crime if you let your partner know about it.

You need 2 lies to cover 1.
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by plendil: 6:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
In my case, my dad wanted to sell some of the gifts they were given at their wedding, insisting there were too many of essentially the same things, you know - pots, plates, coolers, etc. However mum would have none of that and said they should keep all the gifts.

You won't believe the disagreement over that seemingly trivial issue became so serious that MILs and FiLs had to be called in. This was in the 70's, so divorce cases werent as common as they are now, and thankfully, the budding union didn't end in one - or I wouldn't be here now!

Good thing is, mum and dad went on to spend 41 years of blissful matrimony till dad was called home two years back.

and the moral is. . .? wink

7 Likes

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by aluko360(m): 6:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
plendil:
In my case, my dad wanted to sell some of the gifts they were given at their wedding, insisting there were too many of essentially the same things, you know - pots, plates, coolers, etc. However mum would have none of that and said they should keep all the gifts.

You won't believe the disagreement over that seemingly trivial issue became so serious that MILs and FiLs had to be called in. This was in the 70's, so divorce cases werent as common as they are now, and thankfully, the budding union didn't end in one - or I wouldn't be here now!

Good thing is, mum and dad went on to spend 41 years of blissful matrimony till dad was called home two years back.

and the moral is. . .? wink

Marriage is about sacrifices.

You need to let go of some things for the union to work

4 Likes

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Kay17: 6:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
Lizabeth25:
Does it mean that people of those days were created from different species?

My parent stayed married for 35years until we lost mom! Dad is even refusing to re-marry because he said he can never get anybody like my late mom.

What's happening to New Generations? How come little things break homes? Does this mean that people hide their true self until after marriage?

Because people want to marry excellent lovers instead of excellent partners.
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by plendil: 6:21pm On Jan 17, 2016
aluko360:

Marriage is about sacrifices.

You need to let go of some things for the union to work

Thank you!!

1 Like

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 17, 2016
Excel gini?

There is nothing excellent except a man/woman turns or make the thing excellent!

I just feel that this world is filled up with people who pretends a lot else, we won't be hearing stories of breakups all the time.

Kay17:

Because people want to marry excellent lovers instead of excellent partners.
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by blackprowler: 7:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
blesoh:

the father in-law crashed d marriage.how did ur frnd even scale thro d traditional rites with dat type of an in-law.

That's why they're mostly likely to be lies here. Nigerians seem to love lies. This makes ppl not believe you when you say things. It affects the few who tell the truth. OP might have started this thread so we hear true-life stories, but people will always hijack it to win the "award" for most shocking story.

1 Like

Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by mako007(m): 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
fayluv1:
This happened in my area some years back, after d reception d groom was asking for d money they sprayed. d brides people were d ones dt pick d money n they refused to give it to him, he just went to d market bought 2 cutlasses well sharpened from back n front n went back to d reception ground on a bike shouting n everybody present took to their heels. That was d end of d marriage.This happened in my area some years back, after d reception d groom was asking for d money they sprayed. d brides people were d ones dt pick d money n they refused to give it to him, he just went to d market bought 2 cutlasses well sharpened from back n front n went back to d reception ground on a bike shouting n everybody present took to their heels. That was d end of d marriage.
choi , lol, hehehehe
Re: Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories by aluko360(m): 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
plendil:

Thank you!!

And you too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm About To Regret Getting Married / My Boyfriend Should Earn 800k Before I'll Agree To Marry Him. / 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.