Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,981 members, 7,803,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP (9486 Views)

I Need Help And Guide On Php / I Need Help On Php Form / Need Help On PHP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by webmasteremma(m): 11:55pm On Jan 16, 2016
I have a challenge using PHP, I am a final year student and I am doing a project that involves biometrics. E.g Finger Print, how can I do this using PHP/MYSQL. I need assistance.
My number is 0805 816 7357. You can also Email: nnamdi.chukwuma@gmail.com

Also anyone that can do this can also contact me via my email or phone number. Let talk business.

Admin please assist.

Lastica I dey tight corner abeg migrate to front page.
Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by DonSegmond(m): 12:12am On Jan 17, 2016
You are not going to be able to interface PHP to a finger print scanner since it's a high level language, and there's probably no device driver written for that. If you actual have to connect to a physical device, you should use something like C/C++ or Java.

However, if you are not going to be connecting to a physical device and will already be getting a scanned image, then you might be able to do it. You never described what your goal is. Do you just wish to read a finger print and store it? Or store, then be able to search and map to existing database? What is your goal? Without a clear goal, your project is going no where. Anyways, I personally wouldn't use php for such a project, if I was doing this, my languages of choice will be in this order, python, java, c++
Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by webmasteremma(m): 12:29am On Jan 17, 2016
Thank Bro for your response,
My goal is to develop an online BVN system using PHP and MYSQL, it is a school project. I want to read the finger print and link it to the program to avoid multiple registration by a user.
First of all, I wish to get the user details, followed by the photo and then the finger print after which a number will be generated and user can print. The finger print is a measure to prevent multiple registration.

If there is a way you can assist please do.
Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by Nobody: 3:34am On Jan 17, 2016
This one na ogbonge thing o.
Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by DonSegmond(m): 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
webmasteremma:
Thank Bro for your response,
My goal is to develop an online BVN system using PHP and MYSQL, it is a school project. I want to read the finger print and link it to the program to avoid multiple registration by a user.
First of all, I wish to get the user details, followed by the photo and then the finger print after which a number will be generated and user can print. The finger print is a measure to prevent multiple registration.

If there is a way you can assist please do.
What device will you use to read the finger print?
Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by webmasteremma(m): 1:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
I will use a finger Print scanner.
Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by DonSegmond(m): 1:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
webmasteremma:
I will use a finger Print scanner.
what's the make and model?
search for finger print scanner library that supports that model, like i mentioned before, you most likely will have to use C++ or Java. If you are lucky, you might come across a python library. I don't believe PHP is the way to go for this project.
Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by veltany: 2:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
Use c/c++
Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
I would recommend java gui or vb.net
Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by olyjosh(m): 3:31pm On Jan 17, 2016
The last time I deployed a project in this scope was actually done with java/javafx. Though we are actually dealing with taking attendance with finger print or facial recognition.
Check these Images

Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by olyjosh(m): 3:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
The fingerprint scanner in used is SecuGen. Can't really remember the model number but the popular one with etisalat sim registration. The sdk is only availabel in java, .net. The real-time facial capturing and recognition was however done on system webcam, though support any other webcam attach to the system, opencv is the library used for this, there is implementation of this in java, C#, python among others but I'm not sure if there is any for php( there may be community project of such).

However, I remember during this very same time I was doing my final year project, that's late quarters of last year, a female friend who understand php very well was trying to solve almost same problem of doing fingerprint scanning in php. Quite impossible though, but we came up with a work around which was to write a java app that will serve as handler and will be invoke by a php code. This works but not efficient in a production for some security reason. This will do for a school project or a close intranet based server system run in an organisation and was not on cloud server. We used a digital personel fingerprint scanner for this though securgen will also work perfectly

1 Like

Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2016
olyjosh:
The fingerprint scanner in used is SecuGen. Can't really remember the model number but the popular one with etisalat sim registration. The sdk is only availabel in java, .net. The real-time facial capturing and recognition was however done on system webcam, though support any other webcam attach to the system, opencv is the library used for this, there is implementation of this in java, C#, python among others but I'm not sure if there is any for php( there may be community project of such).

However, I remember during this very same time I was doing my final year project, that's late quarters of last year, a female friend who understand php very well was trying to solve almost same problem of doing fingerprint scanning in php. Quite impossible though, but we came up with a work around which was to write a java app that will serve as handler and will be invoke by a php code. This works but not efficient in a production for some security reason. This will do for a school project or a close intranet based server system run in an organisation and was not on cloud server. We used a digital personel fingerprint scanner for this though securgen will also work perfectly
thumb up Bro , keep doing the cool stuff
Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by webmasteremma(m): 11:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
Thanks all for your contributions so far. The truth is that I am a newbie. I really need someone to assist me with this project. You can contact via my mail address nnamdi.chukwuma@gmail.com or call 0805 816 7357,

Thanks as I wait to hearing from you.
Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by webmasteremma(m): 11:22pm On Jan 17, 2016
olyjosh:
The last time I deployed a project in this scope was actually done with java/javafx. Though we are actually dealing with taking attendance with finger print or facial recognition.
Check these Images

This is exactly what I need, how do I get in touch with u?
Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by olyjosh(m): 6:08am On Jan 18, 2016
proxy20:

thumb up Bro , keep doing the cool stuff

Thanks
Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by olyjosh(m): 6:12am On Jan 18, 2016
webmasteremma:

This is exactly what I need, how do I get in touch with u?

my contact is on my signature
Re: Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP by guru01(m): 11:33am On Jan 18, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Is Anything Better Than The Netbeans Ide? / Is 5 Months Enough To Learn Java? / Q-basic Program To Compute Simple Interest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.