Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. (16223 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Police Rent Out Station To Church For Service In Lagos (pic) / Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Fraih(f): 8:29am On Jan 17, 2016
At some point in our lives, I'm sure we have said this to ourselves, "I had a long saturday, I'll just do my sunday service in my Room" . Most times we are too relaxed to go to church, some might say they do not have an offering to give and cant afford to not give anything when its offering time. And they just decide to stay back at home, sing, dance, Study, listen to messages, listen to some songs. And then after 3 hours, they say, yea I had my personal service in my Room.

I think its Ok But not the Best, if we say it is, how about the scripture that says 'not forsaking the assemblies of yourselves together'...

I opened this thread so we talk about it, controversial comments are welcomed.
What do you think of personal sunday service in your closet?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by HARDDON: 8:32am On Jan 17, 2016
Fraih:
At some point in our lives, I'm sure we have said this to ourselves, "I had a long saturday, I'll just do my sunday service in my Room" . Most times we are too relaxed to go to church, some might say they do not have an offering to give and cant afford to not give anything when its offering time. And they just decide to stay back at home, sing, dance, Study, listen to messages, listen to some songs. And then after 3 hours, we say, yea I had my personal service in my Room.

I think its Ok But not the Best, if we say it is, how about the scripture that says 'not forsaking the assemblies of yourselves together'...

I opened this thread so we talk about it, oontradictory opinions are welcomed.

Cc : lalasticlala

A tree can't make a forest....... service @ home is ore like devotion. Quiet time. Which is totally different from service with others, sharing n caring

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Majikals(m): 9:03am On Jan 17, 2016
I beg to disagree, not totally though cos u have made some salient points. However, some personal individual devotions are by far enriching, spirit filled and captivating compared to many church gathering. After all, worshipping God is the uttermost intent except for other ulterior motives like going to church show case wealth, clothes, singing skills etc.
Personally and in my own blessed opinion, I go to church when I feel like and hold my personal devotion if I choose to... Am worshipping God, not man

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Fraih(f): 9:17am On Jan 17, 2016
Majikals:
I beg to disagree, not totally though cos u have made some salient points. However, some personal individual devotions are by far enriching, spirit filled and captivating compared to many church gathering. After all, worshipping God is the uttermost intent except for other ulterior motives like going to church show case wealth, clothes, singing skills etc.
Personally and in my own blessed opinion, I go to church when I feel like and hold my personal devotion if I choose to... Am worshipping God, not man
Hmmm, Thats a point.

9 Likes

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Addicted2Women: 11:24am On Jan 17, 2016
At least i can smoke weed while reading the bible in my room.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:25am On Jan 17, 2016
grin grin
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Smartsyn(m): 11:25am On Jan 17, 2016
You've not seen my room then..

Among other things, my room has a big table with a giant cross on it, a 4x4 bible and a candle stand. I usually invite some babes for the weekend and so we worship from night to morning.. I enjoy private servicing, that's all.

8 Likes

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by blessedqueen(f): 11:25am On Jan 17, 2016
Having a chapel in ur own house is more blessed.

OP, do you know having a family gathering to talk about God is also "not forsaking the gathering of believers"?

Don't wait for a pastor to interpret the bible to you, please get resources, read and interpret the bible urself.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Segadem(m): 11:26am On Jan 17, 2016
yeah
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by skillet(m): 11:26am On Jan 17, 2016
Self service is not the same too. Lolzzz
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Addicted2Women: 11:26am On Jan 17, 2016
I only go to church occasions to eat and drink and pick up any girl i want.

I guess I'm going to hell, no doubt.

7 Likes

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by BIGTinfotech: 11:27am On Jan 17, 2016
True!
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by akinvest(m): 11:27am On Jan 17, 2016
"Iron sharpen Iron" fellowship together as christians is good but its not necessery to worship God in a mega building as we thouht, worshipping God can take place anywhere. Acts. 7:48, says God doesn't inhabit in the houe build with hands, now many poeple think that untill they attends a place of worship (church) God will not speak or hear them. You can decides to holds service in your house on sunday with your family and that is the begining of church and Holy Spirit will visit your family.
Moreover, am not disputing going to church on sunday but what matters most is our spiritual alartness to God.

8 Likes

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by omenka(m): 11:28am On Jan 17, 2016
Indeed.

Nothing beats the groove and spiritual aura in the church. smiley

But wait oo, shebi na same Bible wen we all dey read talk say "when two or three are gathered in His name, he shall be there"??

So, how does one justify the statement in the original post on the backdrop of that verse

3 Likes

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Drkul(f): 11:28am On Jan 17, 2016
Majikals:

You spoke my mind

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by rattlesnake(m): 11:28am On Jan 17, 2016
Service in room is still better than NL who self service undecided
....please let's thank God technology can make it possible.....
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by empressgold(f): 11:28am On Jan 17, 2016
I agree with u
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Yosifperfect(m): 11:28am On Jan 17, 2016
I just had my personal service and I've gained so much from it. Did a little praise and worship, prayed and studied the word. And I feel deep down that the Lord has answered my prayers. When I go out, I'll give my offering to beggars by the road side #Shikena

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by zela(m): 11:29am On Jan 17, 2016
Bros Park Well....
Did the BIBLE say.... Assemble in a Big Building called ***** Church .....where someone owns....
Abi people no fit assemble for bush?....or classroom ni...
So na just to go Assemble.. Na im people deh go church for?....

Abi fellowship weh I deh attend for person House every week... No mean anything ...because it`s not on a sunday?....

Tho u`r trying to make a point.... U should be targeting unbelievers,,,to adhere to it...
Not someone that already believes and keeps it in His/Her..domain...

#NoOffense..Bro...dont enjoy people using ..Hebrews10v25.. as a reference for going to church...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by blessedqueen(f): 11:29am On Jan 17, 2016
akinvest:
"Iron sharpen Iron" fellowship together as christians is good but its not necessery to worship God in a mega building as we thouht, worshipping God can take place anywhere. Acts. 7:48, says God doesn't inhabit in the houe build with hands, now many poeple think that untill they attends a place of worship (church) God will not speak or hear them. You can decides to holds service in your house on sunday with your family and that is the begining of church and Holy Spirit will visit your family.
Moreover, am not disputing going to church on sunday but what matters most is our spiritual alartness to God.

That's good...

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by shamecurls(m): 11:29am On Jan 17, 2016
How did Africans in the first place believe that a man in Isreal died for the sins of the whole world lolx

How did Africans in the first place believe that a man in Saudi Arabia was the true messiah lolx

Religion is simply scam

There is a God and is not affiliated to a religion.

He has no book or prophet.

The architecture of the universe itself is enough proof and sign of his wonders.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by silibaba: 11:30am On Jan 17, 2016
Fraih:
At some point in our lives, I'm sure we have said this to ourselves, "I had a long saturday, I'll just do my sunday service in my Room" . Most times we are too relaxed to go to church, some might say they do not have an offering to give and cant afford to not give anything when its offering time. And they just decide to stay back at home, sing, dance, Study, listen to messages, listen to some songs. And then after 3 hours, they say, yea I had my personal service in my Room.

I opened this thread so we talk about it, controversial comments are welcomed.

op forget, going to church dis days is all about fashion.

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by archdaura(m): 11:30am On Jan 17, 2016
President Buhari Seeks Withdrawal Of Budget 2016 1 hour ago Share on Facebook Tweet it! Share via WhatsApp Send email New details on the withdrawal of the ‘Budget of Change’ from the National Assembly have emerged. President Muhammadu Buhari has forwarded an official letter addressed to Bukola Saraki, the Senate president, and Yakubu Dogara, the speaker of the House of Representatives, asking for adjustments. The formal request finally settles the controversy over ‘missing’ or ‘stolen’ original budget document that started on Tuesday, January 12, when the legislators resumed after the festive season. Ekweremadu was on hand to welcome President Muhammadu Buhari to the National Assembly, when the president came to present the 2016 budget to the legislators. According to Thisday, after presenting the 2016 budget to the NASS President Buhari had discovered that some of the figures proposed were incredibly high. They were widely discussed by Nigerians and in press, with the emphasis that the new administration is no different from Goodluck Jonathan’s team. Therefore, the figures for the office of the president, vice president, and a few ministries, are reportedly subject to a review in the first place. READ ALSO: Buhari’s Budget: How ‘Stealing’ Affected The Document Of Change (Infographics) The 2016 Appropriation Bill was presented to a joint session of the federal legislature by President Buhari on December 22, 2015. It contained the benchmark oil price of USD38 per barrel. However, oil prices fell below USD30 per barrel on Friday, January 15, with little sign of revival. This is one of the major factors that will affect Nigeria’s economy in 2016.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Onyiibazz: 11:31am On Jan 17, 2016
I'm not a christian but let me help you with your bible.
john 4:21 "Jesus said unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour comes,
when you shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at
Jerusalem, worship the Father".
If i understand this verse very well then you shouldn't be going to church again. Sunday has only been reduced to pay day for pastors no thanks to gullible people like the Op. Itsn't your God spirit anymore? Why gather at a physical place to worship a spiritual being? Why not worship him in spirit and truth? I stopped being a christian a long time ago and i've not had any course to regret!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Hygist: 11:34am On Jan 17, 2016
King James 2000 Bible
He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 17, 2016
Addicted2Women:
I only go to church occasions to eat and drink and pick up any girl i want.

I guess I'm going to hell, no doubt.

THe Holy Spirit, will arrest you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Addicted2Women: 11:35am On Jan 17, 2016
99billiondollar:

THe Holy Spirit, will arrest you

What police station will the holy spirit take me to ??

3 Likes

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by tejpot(m): 11:36am On Jan 17, 2016
Good
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 17, 2016
Salvation is personal. Relationship is personal. Going to church is belonging to a local fellowship where they build you and give you responsibility. The reason you are a christain is to tell others about christ. That's what church does. If you are not winning souls, you are a selfish christain. if you can win souls without going to church for encouragement, go ahead. I am also of the opinion that a lot of church goers who don't even have a personal relationship with God. They just go to church to mark register. Like I said its personal. Don't allow people tell you how to serve God. I didn't go to church today though, I am watching emmanuel TV and I am eenjoying my fellowship

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by matrix199(m): 11:36am On Jan 17, 2016
ikwoche:
If you can win souls without going to church for encouragement, go ahead. I am also of the opinion that a lot of church goers who don't even have a personal relationship with God. They just go to church to mark register. Like I said its personal. Don't allow people tell you how to serve God. I didn't go to church today though, I am watching emmanuel TV and I am eenjoying my fellowship

Are you a cripple? Are you paraplegic? Are you on call? Do you live in a forest? You don't have t.fare? Your clothes are rumpled?

What's your excuse?

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by ricsman(m): 11:37am On Jan 17, 2016
yeah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues? / Why Was Mary Chosen To Birth Jesus Christ? / Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.