Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. (16224 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Police Rent Out Station To Church For Service In Lagos (pic) / Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by adedam007(m): 11:38am On Jan 17, 2016
T
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Jacks14: 11:38am On Jan 17, 2016
Addicted2Women:
At least i can smoke weed while reading the bible in my room.
bad malam
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by zela(m): 11:39am On Jan 17, 2016
So na just to go Assemble.. Na im people deh go church for?....
Abi fellowship weh I deh attend for person House every week... No mean anything ...because it`s not on a sunday?....
Tho u`r trying to make a point.... U should be targeting unbelievers,,,to adhere to it... Not someone that already believes and keeps it in His/Her..domain...
#NoOffense..Bro...dont enjoy people using ..Hebrews10v25.. as a reference for going to church...
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by AreaFada2: 11:40am On Jan 17, 2016
Majikals:
I beg to disagree, not totally though cos u have made some salient points. However, some personal individual devotions are by far enriching, spirit filled and captivating compared to many church gathering. After all, worshipping God is the uttermost intent except for other ulterior motives like going to church show case wealth, clothes, singing skills etc.
Personally and in my own blessed opinion, I go to church when I feel like and hold my personal devotion if I choose to... Am worshipping God, not man

Where two or more gathered together in Jesus' name, Baba God ti take over, back to back.

If you want to go dance Azonto, that's understandable. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 17, 2016
Addicted2Women:

What police station will the holy spirit take me to ??

THe spirit realm of the most high, where the meek in heart lives
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by moneyurch(m): 11:43am On Jan 17, 2016
Addicted2Women:
I only go to church occasions to eat and drink and pick up any girl i want.

I guess I'm going to hell, no doubt.
funny guy
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by oluwazino(m): 11:43am On Jan 17, 2016
Fraih:
At some point in our lives, I'm sure we have said this to ourselves, "I had a long saturday, I'll just do my sunday service in my Room" . Most times we are too relaxed to go to church, some might say they do not have an offering to give and cant afford to not give anything when its offering time. And they just decide to stay back at home, sing, dance, Study, listen to messages, listen to some songs. And then after 3 hours, they say, yea I had my personal service in my Room.

I think its Ok But not the Best, if we say it is, how about the scripture that says 'not forsaking the assemblies of yourselves together'...

I opened this thread so we talk about it, controversial comments are welcomed.
What do you think of personal sunday service in your closet?

Op na the same I pay my offering online self , use coke and bread do holy Communion self turn coke to Jesus blood and bread to his flesh with faith op na you believe matter most
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 17, 2016
matrix199:

Are you a cripple? Are you paraplegic? Are you on call? Do you live in a forest? You don't have t.fare? Your clothes are rumpled?

What's your excuse?

Its personal...
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 17, 2016
The best service I know is the "Service in our heart",
What I do with my heart is the most important activity as a Christian, when you communicate and read your holy bible thoroughly, you will realize that worshiping God is a 24/7 activity and not just only on Sundays.

Most Christians today who pretend to go to church regularly are mostly the ones who commit the worse crimes...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by matrix199(m): 11:49am On Jan 17, 2016
ikwoche:

Its personal...
Well, if e no be panadol, e no fit be like panadol.

2 Likes

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by phintohlar(f): 11:49am On Jan 17, 2016
skillet:
Self service is not the same too. Lolzzz
there's nothing like self-service my dear cos even d bible made us understand dat where two or three ppl are gathered d lord is there with dem.. There's no where u choose 2 call him dat he won't ansa u,just call on him with faith
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 17, 2016
true talk good one
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by amaifehenry(m): 11:51am On Jan 17, 2016
Africans are so religious even more than the whites that introduced it to us. why on earth will somebody who believes in GOD by faith, think that going to Church makes u a true Christian. or worthy of heaven. God exist everywhere hence the name omnipresent. u can worship God anywhere u deem fit. some pple who go to church 24/7 are the most wicked. #reason well people

3 Likes

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by badnature: 11:52am On Jan 17, 2016
if that is the case! Why don't we all go to Jerusalem to pray?? GOD is spirit and those who worship him,do so in spirit.but religious people(those who worship GOD without depending upon GOD spirit,those who worship what they did not know,those who worship image and god's the did not know,the most congregate in a particular place the often have a method and ways of doing their own thing which is predictable to this category of Christians the HOLY SPIRIT is completely out of what the are doing.Those who worship GOD which is spirit in spirit can do so at anytime from anywhere.distance is not a barrier to the spirit of FATHER and to his POWER all things are possible only to THEM that believe in spirit because he is spirit
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by amaifehenry(m): 11:55am On Jan 17, 2016
Ezechinwa:
The best service I know is the "Service in our heart",
What I do with my heart is the most important activity as a Christian, when you communicate and read your holy bible thoroughly, you will realize that worshiping God is a 24/7 activity and not just only on Sundays.

Most Christians today who pretend to good to church regularly are mostly the ones who commit the worse crimes...

word bro
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by oostin: 11:56am On Jan 17, 2016
99billiondollar:

THe Holy Spirit, will arrest you
amen! I hope Jesus visits him sad
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by sexysegggs: 11:56am On Jan 17, 2016
Fraih:
At some point in our lives, I'm sure we have said this to ourselves, "I had a long saturday, I'll just do my sunday service in my Room" . Most times we are too relaxed to go to church, some might say they do not have an offering to give and cant afford to not give anything when its offering time. And they just decide to stay back at home, sing, dance, Study, listen to messages, listen to some songs. And then after 3 hours, they say, yea I had my personal service in my Room.

I think its Ok But not the Best, if we say it is, how about the scripture that says 'not forsaking the assemblies of yourselves together'...

I opened this thread so we talk about it, controversial comments are welcomed.
What do you think of personal sunday service in your closet?

'not forsaking the assemblies of yourselves together' The video or audio you watched makes your worship two. I mean the Christian preaching via satellite, cd at home is better.

Going to church these days has been compromised. You may end up going there to chase girls. Some may go there to look ladies sizes of boobs. In fact, going to church these days can make you commit sin before you get home.

I read a story where a Christian guy went to church and these prayers started. The pastor said, 'hold yourselves in twos'. Imagine this lady went to meet this guy and the remaining thing is a story for another day.

My sister you may end up dancing to this worldly music.

I boldly disagree with you for many reasons I'm too lazy to type out.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by danielblessing(m): 11:57am On Jan 17, 2016
Lol
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by winner01(m): 11:58am On Jan 17, 2016
Christians, all your questions answered here.
Its free and educative.

http://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by philiancoop(m): 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
Come, it depends on you o.k. Service in my room is better. You Quoted Hebrew 10.25... Not every church can feed a spiritual man... And the 'ourselves' means people of like faith. Some congregations are well below and will sap you of faith. Like the one I attended today.

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by bigdot1759(m): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
Africa own the largest & most expensive church on earth yet we're the most under - develop & satanic continent simply cuz we're only religious & never Godly going to church or mosque regularly has noting 2do wit being Godly our religion leader are no1 problem we're having in dis country

2 Likes

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by queenfav(f): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
I hold my service at home,daily I strive to read passages from the bible,pray and anoint myself for God's grace.I am the best prophet over my life o.What does the man of God preach that I can't find in my bible.Besides,with the proliferation of churches,I don't even bother anymore.Many pastors out there are just into ministry as a full time business venture,where they feed fat off gullible members.The day I can go,I'll go.If not,I just pray in my room!Many people that don't miss church,appear and act very godly are even the worse!Their church attendance most time,is just a subtefuge to cover up their bad attitudes.They don't even strive to have a personal relationship with God.We humans just need something to get high off..Many get high off worshiping their pastors and doing eye service to appear holy.As for me,no time abeg!My church is in my heart,and how best my conscience can speak to me.

3 Likes

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by 9izone(f): 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
You have a point

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by godfirstawe: 12:09pm On Jan 17, 2016
Service in my room, not good tongue embarassed

I attend service in my room most time I can't make it to church or wen am outside of d country. I attend winners.

I connect to canaanland land online through domi.davidoyedepoministries.com. .same thing as if u re in church. .sometime in church u don't get to see papa. .u watch from the screen.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by allthingsgood: 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
Church is overrated.
Waste of time

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Tayo2k7: 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2016
I have been looking for a topic like this for sometime now, I am presently out of town and will be for a while. My church is online and I do stream the service live sometimes while still on my bed with pen and my sermon note.

People here don't believe that's going to church, but I feel the messages and the prayers

What do you guys think about this

(PS my church is Daystar Christain centre)

2 Likes

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by talktonase(m): 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
When two or three are gathered in his name Christ is present. We give cognizance to church buildings and think if we don't go there God will not come down which is very wrong.You remember the dark ages when christians where largely persecuted and killed many of them communed together in holes and caves to escape death and God protected them.People will just build edifices and think that God will look whether it is fine or not before he will come down.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Richy4(m): 12:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
heavenly race is a personal thing.... The way Mr. A approaches the throne of grace, might be different from the way miss B does her own approach......

As people's faces are difference, so also their ways of life.....If you want to go to church and worship, just go... if you want to stay at home, just stay at home and thank him... the bottom line is the communication you are having between you and your maker nothing more.....

There are people who attend church every Sunday but get distracted by something best known to them... Is it not Ok to stay at home instead of having constant distraction.... In most big churches that has car park attendants, yes they are church workers, and they are in church. but how many of them knows what was going on in church? Many always get the CD and listen to the massage in their cars or at home... So what is the difference....
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by skillet(m): 12:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
phintohlar:
there's nothing like self-service my dear cos even d bible made us understand dat where two or three ppl are gathered d lord is there with dem.. There's no where u choose 2 call him dat he won't ansa u,just call on him with faith

Do you mean that you can't serve God alone without you being two or three?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges / WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL / Why Was Mary Chosen To Birth Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.