Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. (16219 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Police Rent Out Station To Church For Service In Lagos (pic) / Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Fraih(f): 12:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
zela:
Bros Park Well....
Did the BIBLE say.... Assemble in a Big Building called ***** Church .....where someone owns....
Abi people no fit assemble for bush?....or classroom ni...
So na just to go Assemble.. Na im people deh go church for?....

Abi fellowship weh I deh attend for person House every week... No mean anything ...because it`s not on a sunday?....

Tho u`r trying to make a point.... U should be targeting unbelievers,,,to adhere to it...
Not someone that already believes and keeps it in His/Her..domain...

#NoOffense..Bro...dont enjoy people using ..Hebrews10v25.. as a reference for going to church...

I'm no bro undecided
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 17, 2016
I totally disagree not because I don't go to church but I have a relative who doesn't go to church but her relationship with God is perfect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by anonimi: 12:48pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hygist:
King James 2000 Bible
He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

WHERE exactly is the "secret place of the Most High"
Is He limited spatially to that "secret place"?
As in is He no longer Omnipresent? shocked
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by KyleBerry: 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
Someone can accept the whole doctrine, but in presenting it he destroys it. Don't you think this is why we have Christians of sorts?

The lives people live demonstrate that there is really no Christianity – or very little.” Genuine Christianity, according to Kierkegaard; is anything but doctrine. It is a way of being in the truth before God by following Jesus in self-denial, sacrifice, suffering, and by seeking a primitive relationship with God.

Doctrine is what people want. And the reason for this is because; "doctrine is the indolence of aping and mimicking for the learner, and doctrine is the way to power for the teacher, and doctrine collects people”. Have you ever wondered why it is of paramour necessity for every Christian to possess a personal Bible? Have you ever pondered why God himself offered He's Holy Spirit free without charge to those who're willing?.

How in the world are we to get out of the mess of Christendom, when millions, due to the accident of geography, are Christians? How are we to get Christendom to drop its whole mass of nominal members when “it is the interest of the clergyman’s trade that there be as many Christians as possible?” How, exactly, are we to become Christian, especially when “some are Christians of sorts?”.

“For my part I do not call myself a ‘Christian’ (thus keeping the ideal free). I am a confused man, a Learner, and a free thinker. I do not affiliate myself with "Religion"; For It has become the greatest source of division in the history of humanity.

I am nothing but a confused man. - Kyle Roberts
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by smushi(m): 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
Not everyone has the opportunity of attending service every sunday, we men on uniform most times don't have the opportunity cos we're always @ our various beats/duty post. But I still have my quiet time with God always. It's ur heart of fellowship dat matters. The only thing u miss frm not goin to church is the gathering and excitement. My opinion!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Spittruth(f): 12:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
Like my pastor said today, set your eyes on the price, yes! I believe in worshipping together as brethren but if worshipping personally in your room is what connects your spirit to God, then do it, just make sure you are running the race which will earn you heavenly price and for all who do not know or believe in God, May God touch your heart, Happy Sunday

4 Likes

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2016
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by anonimi: 12:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
matrix199:
Are you a cripple? Are you paraplegic? Are you on call? Do you live in a forest? You don't have t.fare? Your clothes are rumpled?

What's your excuse?

Are you BLIND?
Can't you read?
Where did Jesus Christ (Prophet Isa to the Muslims) say we should go to pray His model prayer aka The Lord's Prayer i.e. Our Father who art in Heaven..........?
Why should you perish for lack of knowledge?
Why

Please read Matthew 6:5-7
Thank me later smiley
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
Addicted2Women:

What police station will the holy spirit take me to ??

Bro! I'd like to reach you privately, maybe through skype. Thanks in advance.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
Richy4:
heavenly race is a personal thing.... The way Mr. A approaches the throne of grace, might be different from the way miss B does her own approach......
As people's faces are difference, so also their ways of life.....If you want to go to church and worship, just go... if you want to stay at home, just stay at home and thank him... the bottom line is the communication you are having between you and your maker nothing more.....
There are people who attend church every Sunday but get distracted by something best known to them... Is it not Ok to stay at home instead of having constant distraction.... In most big churches that has car park attendants, yes they are church workers, and they are in church. but how many of them knows what was going on in church? Many always get the CD and listen to the massage in their cars or at home... So what is the difference....
talktonase:
When two or three are gathered in his name Christ is present. We give cognizance to church buildings and think if we don't go there God will not come down which is very wrong.You remember the dark ages when christians where largely persecuted and killed many of them communed together in holes and caves to escape death and God protected them.People will just build edifices and think that God will look whether it is fine or not before he will come down.
allthingsgood:
Church is overrated.
Waste of time
queenfav:
I hold my service at home,daily I strive to read passages from the bible,pray and anoint myself for God's grace.I am the best prophet over my life o.What does the man of God preach that I can't find in my bible.Besides,with the proliferation of churches,I don't even bother anymore.Many pastors out there are just into ministry as a full time business venture,where they feed fat off gullible members.The day I can go,I'll go.If not,I just pray in my room!Many people that don't miss church,appear and act very godly are even the worse!Their church attendance most time,is just a subtefuge to cover up their bad attitudes.They don't even strive to have a personal relationship with God.We humans just need something to get high off..Many get high off worshiping their pastors and doing eye service to appear holy.As for me,no time abeg!My church is in my heart,and how best my conscience can speak to me.

Self-righteous, self-loving, Bible-twisting generation. Why not worship your own selves? That would be wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by oyeludef(m): 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2016
Spiritual pride is wat i call it wen u think u no more need to fellowship with brethren. D building is not the church but the gathering of believers is. Jesus always made sure His disciples were together even wen He died and dey were scattered He made sure He gathered them again. D devil will give you alot of reason not to attend church service but remember there is more power in corporate prayer. Jesus taught His disciples to pray "our father" that is to say corporate prayer
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by phreakabit(m): 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2016
Addicted2Women:
At least i can smoke weed while reading the bible in my room.

hard man!!!
Clown . .
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by sunkieisland(m): 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
Majikals:
I beg to disagree, not totally though cos u have made some salient points. However, some personal individual devotions are by far enriching, spirit filled and captivating compared to many church gathering. After all, worshipping God is the uttermost intent except for other ulterior motives like going to church show case wealth, clothes, singing skills etc.
Personally and in my own blessed opinion, I go to church when I feel like and hold my personal devotion if I choose to... Am worshipping God, not man

nepius
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by micca: 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
blessedqueen:

That's good...
In mathew 16-18 said on these rock i will build my church, and the gate of hades shall not prevail against it. The church they build they is for animal or human being. Some one said u shuld not wait 4 these pastor to explain these bible to u. Y do attend lecture y u ar in sch. U could hav buy text book and learn that further maths ur self without no teaching nau. These ppl hav gone some lent wit bible more than some of us y cant we nt listern to them and let God judge the rest.

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by matrix199(m): 1:06pm On Jan 17, 2016
anonimi:

Are you BLIND?
Can't you read?
Where did Jesus Christ (Prophet Isa to the Muslims) say we should go to pray His model prayer aka The Lord's Prayer i.e. Our Father who art in Heaven..........?
Why should you perish for lack of knowledge?
Why

You're the reason why free education should be scrapped. It does more harm than good to kids like you.

A piece of advice.... Don't quote or rebuff people if you lack stuff.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Fraih(f): 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
micca:
In mathew 16-18 said on these rock i will build my church, and the gate of hades shall not prevail against it. The church they build they is for animal or human being. Some one said u shuld not wait 4 these pastor to explain these bible to u. Y do attend lecture y u ar in sch. U could hav buy text book and learn that further maths ur self without no teaching nau. These ppl hav gone some lent wit bible more than some of us y cant we nt listern to them and let God judge the rest.
lipsrsealed
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by anonimi: 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
matrix199:
You're the reason why free education should be scrapped. It does more harm than good to kids like you.

A piece of advice.... Don't quote or rebuff people if you lack stuff.

read Matthew 6:5-7
Thank me later grin

Jesus' Teaching on Prayer

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

From: http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=Matthew+6&ver=kjv
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
Fraih:
lipsrsealed
Lol.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by godunia(m): 1:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
When I read arguments like this, I become more determined to dust my bag and go knock at more doors. Many no doubt are in spiritual darkness and need spiritual attention which churches of Christendom have denied them.church is not a building, Jesus could not sent a message to a building but those who met in his name within the same geographical location eg sardis,philadephia etc.the most appropriate translation is congregation not church CONGREGATION is A group of people gathered together for a particular purpose or activity. In the Hebrew Scriptures, it generally refers to the nation of Israel. In the Christian Greek Scriptures, it refers to individual congregations of Christians but more often to the Christian congregation in general.—1Ki 8:22; Ac 9:31; Ro 16:5. Congregation of Christ can meet anywhere, anytime and any day.what we see after Christianity was corrupted was the bringing back of the style of temple worship in Jerusalem where there's a building, leaders and extortion which Christ fought against.
It's necessary for Christians to meet as a congregation Read Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another so as to incite to love and fine works, 25 not forsaking our meeting together, as some have the custom, but [b][/b]encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near.verses 24 and the last part of 25 makes it necessary to meet.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by queenfav(f): 1:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
WiseBully:

Self-righteous, self-loving, Bible-twisting generation. Why not worship your own selves? That would be wonderful.
leave am,I like am like that..I see God at work in my life daily.I no need one pastor to dey over wash me.I like hving a quiet time at home,with my God.

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Anointed08(m): 1:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
You either fellowship with the brethren or fellowship alone with the divinity. Jesus operated both types of fellowship during His lifetime. "The Kingdom of God is within you" and not in any temple structure.

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by danot1030: 1:30pm On Jan 17, 2016
Majikals:
I beg to disagree, not totally though cos u have made some salient points. However, some personal individual devotions are by far enriching, spirit filled and captivating compared to many church gathering. After all, worshipping God is the uttermost intent except for other ulterior motives like going to church show case wealth, clothes, singing skills etc.
Personally and in my own blessed opinion, I go to church when I feel like and hold my personal devotion if I choose to... Am worshipping God, not man
Irrespective of what our opinions or feelings are and no matter how reasonable in regarding to our service to God, we don't dictate how to serve Him we are simply to obey what he has commanded, we shouldn't allow the devil to suggest to us outside what He asked we should do or how to do. Idea outside what God commanded was the reason Adam lost his place with God in the garden. Scriptures that commands our gatherings together abound in the bible. Psm.133:1-3, Psm.102:14-22 and many more.

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by pelusky(m): 1:31pm On Jan 17, 2016
Wow! Wot a nice topic.
Bishop David Oyedepo once said, 'you go for Service to be serviced'. Of a truth, you can serve God on ur own, worship Him in ur closet (which is d best, a personal relationship with God). But I tell u, in d course of u fellowshipping with God(personal), dere ar things you ought to undastand abt Him or things He's tryn to make u undastand, but as d level of grace u ar, u won't be able to. 'For we see in parts, we undasand in parts'.
Goin 2 church for service makes ur life serviced and open ur undastandin by d grace of God upon His servants.

On the other hand, if u ar goin to church for goin sake nd u r nt gettn a renewal of heart nd trans4mn of soul, bro/sis, you're jst wastin ur tym.

On the final note, examine d church u r goin, is it spirit-liftin? Is it helpin ur spiritual life nd undastandn(which z d paramount thing)? #ChooseWisely

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 17, 2016
As long as you are gathering with one or two other people in the name of Christ , you have yourself a church.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by allthingsgood: 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2016
WiseBully:

You are the one who is self righteous here. Everyone shld be free to have their own views. Whoever one chooses to worship is none of your business
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Fraih(f): 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2016
pelusky:
Wow! Wot a nice topic.
Bishop David Oyedepo once said, 'you go for Service to be serviced'. Of a truth, you can serve God on ur own, worship Him in ur closet (which is d best, a personal relationship with God). But I tell u, in d course of u fellowshipping with God(personal), dere ar things you ought to undastand abt Him or things He's tryn to make u undastand, but as d level of grace u ar, u won't be able to. 'For we see in parts, we undasand in parts'.
Goin 2 church for service makes ur life serviced and open ur undastandin by d grace of God upon His servants.

On the other hand, if u ar goin to church for goin sake nd u r nt gettn a renewal of heart nd trans4mn of soul, bro/sis, you're jst wastin ur tym.

On the final note, examine d church u r goin, is it spirit-liftin? Is it helpin ur spiritual life nd undastandn(which z d paramount thing)? #ChooseWisely

Shalom
Perfect!!!!
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by samju100(m): 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2016
many people miss the concept of church. church is not a building it the fellowship of brethren together both with God and one another. sharing both spiritual things and physical things together. many people maybe going to church for a wrong perspective but u need to know church is meant for us to grow.

Act 2: 42-47
And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers
And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles
And all that believed were together and had all things common
And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men as every man had need..
And they continuing daily with one accord in the temple and breaking bread from one house to house did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart.
Praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
queenfav:
leave am,I like am like that..I see God at work in my life daily.I no need one pastor to dey over wash me.I like hving a quiet time at home,with my God.

Bravo! Heaven's gate isn't far.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
allthingsgood:

You are the one who is self righteous here. Everyone shld be free to have their own views. Whoever one chooses to worship is none of your business

Master of self-righteousness, keep it up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Six Important Things You Should Seek From God / WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL / Why Do We Need To Speak/pray In Tongues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.