Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,459 members, 7,801,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. (16211 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Police Rent Out Station To Church For Service In Lagos (pic) / Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Richy4(m): 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2016
WiseBully:

Self-righteous, self-loving, Bible-twisting generation. Why not worship your own selves? That would be wonderful.

You are just a Pharisee bro.....at least if you are a Christian, there's one way to heaven and it is through JESUS CHRIST.... not your religion, denomination or how many hours or days you spent in Church.... Go and figure that out....

And do not quote me again... I can't stand guys that seats and act as if they knew it all... If you disagree with my statement, courtesy demands that you quote me and tell me where you disagree and we talk it out in a matured manner.. not using judgemental statement just like your forefathers the PHARISEES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
Richy4:

You are just a Pharisee bro.....at least if you are a Christian, there's one way to heaven and it is through JESUS CHRIST.... not your religion, denomination or how many hours or days you spent in Church.... Go and figure that out....

And do not quote me again... I can't stand guys that seats and act as if they knew it all... If you disagree with my statement, courtesy demands that you quote me and tell me where you disagree and we talk it out in a matured manner.. not using judgemental statement just like your forefathers the PHARISEES

I ain't in the mood to school anyone today. Please don't wake me up! Shalom, no offence intended.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by anonimi: 2:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
pelusky:
Wow! Wot a nice topic.
Bishop David Oyedepo once said, 'you go for Service to be serviced'. Of a truth, you can serve God on ur own, worship Him in ur closet (which is d best, a personal relationship with God). But I tell u, in d course of u fellowshipping with God(personal), dere ar things you ought to undastand abt Him or things He's tryn to make u undastand, but as d level of grace u ar, u won't be able to. 'For we see in parts, we undasand in parts'.
Goin 2 church for service makes ur life serviced and open ur undastandin by d grace of God upon His servants.

On the other hand, if u ar goin to church for goin sake nd u r nt gettn a renewal of heart nd trans4mn of soul, bro/sis, you're jst wastin ur tym.

On the final note, examine d church u r goin, is it spirit-liftin? Is it helpin ur spiritual life nd undastandn(which z d paramount thing)? #ChooseWisely

Shalom

Why should any CHRISTian i.e. a follower of Jesus Christ (Prophet Isa to the Muslims) DISOBEY His words by letting himself be "serviced" by a SCAMMER in cassock pretending to be a pastor?
Please tell us why
Thanks.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by talktonase(m): 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
WiseBully:

Self-righteous, self-loving, Bible-twisting generation. Why not worship your own selves? That would be wonderful.
wise bully? With a name like that I am not surprised at your comment.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by samju100(m): 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
The day you think u don't need anybody in your Christian journey that the day you start missing it.
The day you think you are only the right person the day you start missing it.
Church is meant for you forget about the excuse the devil is giving you that seem it is right
devil sometimes behave as light. 2cor 11:14

Ephesians 4:11 -13
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophet; and some, evangelists; and some pastors and teachers.
For the perfection of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the son of of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by pelusky(m): 2:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
anonimi:

Why should any CHRISTian i.e. a follower of Jesus Christ (Prophet Isa to the Muslims) DISOBEY His words by letting himself be "serviced" by a SCAMMER in cassock pretending to be a pastor?
Please tell us why
Thanks.
U can re-read d 2nd paragraph(Bishop...) nd d last paragraph steadily nd undastandingly.
Thanks
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Addicted2Women: 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
Empero1:

Bro! I'd like to reach you privately, maybe through skype. Thanks in advance.

davidmcdonald830@gmail.com
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by allthingsgood: 2:40pm On Jan 17, 2016
[s]
WiseBully:

Master of self-righteousness, keep it up!
[/s]

Trash
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by paulson21: 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
Majikals:
I beg to disagree, not totally though cos u have made some salient points. However, some personal individual devotions are by far enriching, spirit filled and captivating compared to many church gathering. After all, worshipping God is the uttermost intent except for other ulterior motives like going to church show case wealth, clothes, singing skills etc.
Personally and in my own blessed opinion, I go to church when I feel like and hold my personal devotion if I choose to... Am worshipping God, not man
. Read the first two comment or ther about !bfre ur own!! Nd know that all u re doing as u said is still but a personal devotion which is suppose to be rendered @ all time nd not when u like!! Nd remember the bible said 'go into the world nd preach the gospel!!'' Xo if u don't gather with ur brethren nd still do not evangelise continuously then u re robbing God's grace over ur life! Nd believe me or not xoon u wld preached to ,the real gospel of God.

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by funkyfrevy(f): 3:35pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hygist:
King James 2000 Bible
He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1
The secrete place of the most high is not a church but the word of God and that is why u can be saved and protected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Femeto: 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2016
We know there is God.That's why we serve him.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Majikals(m): 4:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
paulson21:
. Read the first two comment or ther about !bfre ur own!! Nd know that all u re doing as u said is still but a personal devotion which is suppose to be rendered @ all time nd not when u like!! Nd remember the bible said 'go into the world nd preach the gospel!!'' Xo if u don't gather with ur brethren nd still do not evangelise continuously then u re robbing God's grace over ur life! Nd believe me or not xoon u wld preached to ,the real gospel of God.

Bros, u call it personal devotion, others call it self service, I call it TIME WITH GOD... What matters is your relationship and devotion to God. Am not saying going to church is wrong but if I can do it in my room properly days I choose to, does that makes it wrong? Hell no.! There are folks out there in the world who can't meet as a group cos of persecution e.g in countries like Iran, u mean those who hold their one man service with God shouldn't? About hearing the true gospel, I worship with deeper life (THOUGH THAT'S NOT A YARD STICK OF BEING A TRUE CHRISTIAN) cos christ is our only perfect example. If what I hear there isn't the true gospel, you could as well enlighten me more here.. Am open minded and a free thinker
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
[quote author=Addicted2Women post=42062657]

Thanks.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by ucnwafor(m): 4:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
Technology has make everything seem easier, am nt just supporting some dude who feel like resting @home on sunday service and nt attending but there are some of the on-going live streaming of some of your choice denomination on-line where you can partake in all their programs just @the comfort of your home. Go online rccgjesushousephc.org/watch-us-live/
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by blessedqueen(f): 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
micca:
In mathew 16-18 said on these rock i will build my church, and the gate of hades shall not prevail against it. The church they build they is for animal or human being. Some one said u shuld not wait 4 these pastor to explain these bible to u. Y do attend lecture y u ar in sch. U could hav buy text book and learn that further maths ur self without no teaching nau. These ppl hav gone some lent wit bible more than some of us y cant we nt listern to them and let God judge the rest.

So u wanna tell me say you don't know about guys that learn from home without going to school. I shake my head. Ask NOUN students and University of Liverpool also University of London students here in Nigeria that does distance learning.

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by mollie12: 11:51pm On Jan 17, 2016
Personal "Service" (bible reading, worship, prayer, listening to sermon by oneself) is good and beneficial, but it must not be the only type of fellowship a Christian has. It is okay for a short while when one cannot meet up with the weekly worship programs, but one must not make a habit of it. We were saved into a Body - read through 1 Corinthians chapters 12 to 14 to understand the significance of corporate fellowship.

And to people that avoid fellowship because of petty issues, there is need for you to re-examine your Christianity. It is almost impossible to say you love God but you can't stand His people. Love is the only commandment we are given and it is impossible for love to work in isolation - we see love when it is expressed between persons, not when one person says it is in "their heart". If you are currently in a carnal-minded fellowship whose behaviour is souring your experience, please there is no curse attached to leaving and finding another fellowship. Do this prayerfully, so that God can direct you to a place where you will reap the full benefits and blessings of a godly fellowship.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by phintohlar(f): 3:52am On Jan 18, 2016
skillet:

Do you mean that you can't serve God alone without you being two or three?
I never said so,I only said wats written in d bible
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by mart2k(m): 9:45am On Jan 18, 2016
Fraih:
At some point in our lives, I'm sure we have said this to ourselves, "I had a long saturday, I'll just do my sunday service in my Room" . Most times we are too relaxed to go to church, some might say they do not have an offering to give and cant afford to not give anything when its offering time. And they just decide to stay back at home, sing, dance, Study, listen to messages, listen to some songs. And then after 3 hours, they say, yea I had my personal service in my Room.

I think its Ok But not the Best, if we say it is, how about the scripture that says 'not forsaking the assemblies of yourselves together'...

I opened this thread so we talk about it, controversial comments are welcomed.
What do you think of personal sunday service in your closet?

As for me, atimes I tuned to Dove Tv live from redemption camp on Sundays. What about that? If u condemned it, what about Deeper life churches all over d world that link up wit their headquarters in every service whether on Sundays or wk days? In fact, I prefer linking up wit redeem n deeper life live on satellite tv for my services d same way some people link up live wit TB joshua, Ashimolowo and co. In short, I dnt c anything bad in it
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by mart2k(m): 10:01am On Jan 18, 2016
shamecurls:
How did Africans in the first place believe that a man in Isreal died for the sins of the whole world lolx

How did Africans in the first place believe that a man in Saudi Arabia was the true messiah lolx

Religion is simply scam

There is a God and is not affiliated to a religion.

He has no book or prophet.

The architecture of the universe itself is enough proof and sign of his wonders.

I bliv d point uar making here is nt new to most people. Religion is man made or invention, there is nothing like religion b4 God. Many people still go to church because of d benefits attached to it. I mean, I can find poeple to attend my parents burial or attend my son's wedding. D benefits ar so many. Only few people truly worship God for who He is.

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by mart2k(m): 10:03am On Jan 18, 2016
Onyiibazz:
I'm not a christian but let me help you with your bible.
john 4:21 "Jesus said unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour comes,
when you shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at
Jerusalem, worship the Father".
If i understand this verse very well then you shouldn't be going to church again. Sunday has only been reduced to pay day for pastors no thanks to gullible people like the Op. Itsn't your God spirit anymore? Why gather at a physical place to worship a spiritual being? Why not worship him in spirit and truth? I stopped being a christian a long time ago and i've not had any course to regret!
You ar on ur own
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Fraih(f): 10:09am On Jan 18, 2016
mart2k:
As for me, atimes I tuned to Dove Tv live from redemption camp on Sundays. What about that? If u condemned it, what about Deeper life churches all over d world that link up wit their headquarters in every service whether on Sundays or wk days? In fact, I prefer linking up wit redeem n deeper life live on satellite tv for my services d same way some people link up live wit TB joshua, Ashimolowo and co. In short, I dnt c anything bad in it
Note, I did not condemn

You made a Good point, listening to messages and live broadcast. its cool
But there is more to Christian growth than just worshipping alone in your closet. The disciples of old never stayed indoors when it was time to commune, They assembled together to fellowship, learn and grow. If evryone decided to be home, Why then do we have churches, why do we have ministers and Pastor, since we are the ones that makes the church not the building itself.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Onyiibazz: 10:16am On Jan 18, 2016
mart2k:
You ar on ur own
Oga, everybody is on his own o or do you expect me to be with you?
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by mart2k(m): 10:23am On Jan 18, 2016
Fraih:

Note, I did not condemn

You made a Good point, listening to messages and live broadcast. its cool
But there is more to Christian growth than just worshipping alone in your closet. The disciples of old never stayed indoors when it was time to commune, They assembled together to fellowship, learn and grow. If evryone decided to be home, Why then do we have churches, why do we have ministers and Pastor, since we are the ones that makes the church not the building itself.
Do u know that Religion is man invention? Do u know that God does not recognise religion? I am not antagonistic because I do go to church but, d point I'm trying to make is that provided u can stil win souls without going to church, I bliv uar on a right track because all abt christianity is abt winning souls. I do agree with all ur points sha.

1 Like

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by mart2k(m): 11:09am On Jan 18, 2016
winner01:
Christians, all your questions answered here.
Its free and educative.

http://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets
God bless u
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by winner01(m): 12:36pm On Jan 18, 2016
mart2k:
God bless u
Amen.

God bless you too sir. Please share that link with other people so that they can get answers to their questions.
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by mart2k(m): 5:18pm On Jan 18, 2016
winner01:
Amen.

God bless you too sir. Please share that link with other people so that they can get answers to their questions.
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by mart2k(m): 5:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
Onyiibazz:

Oga, everybody is on his own o or do you expect me to be with you?
Nooooo (LOL)
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by 400billionman: 8:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
Fraih:
At some point in our lives, I'm sure we have said this to ourselves, "I had a long saturday, I'll just do my sunday service in my Room" . Most times we are too relaxed to go to church, some might say they do not have an offering to give and cant afford to not give anything when its offering time. And they just decide to stay back at home, sing, dance, Study, listen to messages, listen to some songs. And then after 3 hours, they say, yea I had my personal service in my Room.

I think its Ok But not the Best, if we say it is, how about the scripture that says 'not forsaking the assemblies of yourselves together'...

I opened this thread so we talk about it, controversial comments are welcomed.
What do you think of personal sunday service in your closet?

What stops you from quoting the full Bible passage ?
Re: Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church. by Fraih(f): 8:54pm On Jan 18, 2016
400billionman:

What stops you from quoting the full Bible passage ?
Nothing of course lipsrsealed
Any contribution?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guess Who This Armed Dude Was Protecting. Pic / Is Speaking In Tongues Compulsory? / Six Important Things You Should Seek From God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.