Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her (45564 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by pjosh1(m): 8:41am On Jan 18, 2016
Bros u get chill o. Assuming say na me, na cutlass I go use pursue the girl immediately she announce her surname.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by prettyphlake(f): 8:41am On Jan 18, 2016
guy,its good to have a forgiving spirit, just forgive the man,also call the girl and tell her your grudge about her father or better still convince your parents to tell your brother abt the issue, I bliv true love will prevail
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by innocentchuks(m): 8:45am On Jan 18, 2016
Do also know that ur brother marriage to the man's daughter is a kind of vengeance on the man, such will weaking him and conscientious him. That is emmotional battle.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Sunshinelady(f): 8:59am On Jan 18, 2016
SSpeter:
The supposed in-law is late. My dad and the supposed in-law brother used to be good friends.
. Ha! Na wa o, d man dat supposedly caused d whole commotion is even dead. This is really complex. But wat will be will be sha
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Boyooosa(m): 9:00am On Jan 18, 2016
SSpeter p n u luv d ost=42080872:
I heard the supposed in-law is late. My parents and the wife had seemed to be communicating. My dad was a close friend to the late brother who sold the property to him. but I believe my parents are just being too emotional. I don't have issue with the lady but I don't want my brother to get married to her. Although my dad said he will tell my brother but I believe he is going to tell him the same version he told my sisters..........
Why did u insist dat ur brother should not marry her, is it because of d vow u made, or the hatred u av for d family already b4 knowin about d lady or just feel like being unforgiving soul? assuming u r in ur brother's shoes n u love n wish to marry d babae, wont you let it go? Afterall, if ur brother can let go, I dont think u av much hold on their marriage in as much the story is told to ur bro. BOL!
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 18, 2016
DAVE5:

property wey dem for don regain/rebuild by now, wat hapind to the word "forgive", 1998 till now and d op is still carrying the wrong deeds on his mind, mehn dat guy can kill if u comment wrongly on his thread if he can't forgive even after about 18yearsa, so u sef for no 4giv, so u sef for no forgive if nah u?

ull choose to ruin ur loved one's happiness cos of a wrong from 18years back
my brother it's not like that o. What the family did was wrong and there's no way the girl will be welcome into the family. Will you prefer her to be an outcast to her in laws. Me, I no be Jesus o, I no fit forgive this one

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by stonecoldcafe: 9:18am On Jan 18, 2016
SSpeter:
I know this might not be totally right but at least it will make me feel great. Egbon wants to get married in march and automatically I will become the best Man. But I don't want him to get married to her. It is not because of her but the dad.

It all started back in 1998 my dad was having a court case with our supposed in-law over our house. The house was sold to my dad by the late late brother of our supposed in-law. That was even before my dad got married. We have lived in that house for more than 10yrs. My siblings and I were born there. After the death of the brother in 1998 he dragged my dad to court saying his brother was only a benefactor and does not have the legal right to sell the building and their late father made him the executor of His properties according to the late father's will. My parents were partners in business and their office was located at the ground floor of the building where we lived. Their goods were also stored there (plumbing equipment).

Prior to joining the plumbing business, my dad was into commercial inter-state transport services after suffering heavy losses he auctioned what was left and joined my mum in the plumbing business. A year later he was in court with our supposed in-law. The legal battle started in December. Egbon travelled with an aunt of mine who had won a visa lottery the previous year. My sisters were older than the guys. they were already in boarding school. I was the king of the house. My dad suffered many embarrassment at the hands of our supposed in-law. He dragged the case for some years money meant for business ended up in legal battles. My dad had to borrow to pay suppliers. He couldn't not order for new materials anymore and the business eventually collapsed. Extended families gave their support until 2003 when a lagos high court handed our supposed in-law victory undecided

My dad wanted to appeal the judgement but his lawyer told him to get an apartment with whatever he has left. Although my parents thought they hid everything from us. Perhaps my sisters didn't notice because they were not always home but I saw my mum cry severally. I saw the fears in my dad eyes. I listened to their whispering at night I knew we were doomed. Our supposed In-law sold the house to a bank. The bank gave two weeks to evacuate. But before the notice expired they brought sledge hammer and started destroying the building with our properties in it. My dad tried to protest but he was beaten and arrested. For the first time I saw our "Supposed In-law" that day ordering the boys to destroy everything. My dad was later released days after. I went to live with my cousins. My sisters also went to live with my other cousins.

In 2006 I wrote a mail to Egbon I narrated all that happened to him and he vowed he was going to ensure that they payed for it dearly. Few years later, I got admission into the university my parents embraced christ; But I still feel bitter. How time flies, my sisters are both married and it's just me preparing for the life of a bachelor; Until recently my brother told me his plans of getting married, I noticed it because he has visited us more than usual last year and had extensive discussions with my parents. But whenever He came back He still promised my dad that he will never forget all that happened. My dad told him that was in the past but I know what my brother was capable of doing as regards family.

He brought his supposed girl friend (I believe that is all she will ever be) to the house last christmas everyone welcomed her but immediately I set my eyes on her, she looked like the man that was giving orders to tear down our house. I asked her for her surname, when she said ****US, I knew she was the daughter of our long time enemy. When they left, my mum and dad begged me that I shouldn't say anything. That they have forgiven him. She invited my parents and I during the new year but I declined. I have also told my brother I can't be his best man. He thought am joking cos it was via mail. My brother had assured me severally whenever I told him what became of us after then that incident and he told me "I will give up anything to deal with the Man that messed with my family". I guess I will have to tell him the whole truth. But my parents keep calling me every single day to beg. "Saying I should not bring him misery. That they were happy he decided to bring home a cool headed lady".....But I just can't let it go. Unless my brother and I will decide not to be brothers anymore because I will never go to his house if he marries her. I will never associate myself with him or anything that has to do with him.

I have finished typing the truth I want to send the mail to him...I don't know why I am hesitating (I guess my parents will forgive me sooner or later) but he has to know the truth!!!!....i can't dine with my enemy!.....I don't want to see her dad face again....never...I hope am doing the right thing....i think I am.....perhaps I am...

[b]I understand how you feel and i dont have the answers you seek. It is a tough one. I feel for your family and the girls family.

Now before i say much, remember that this girl didn't do anything to your family. She had no hand in it just as you personally didn't covert her parents property. It is between your supposed inlaw, your parents and whoever sold the house to them.

Now let's look at it in another way. What if this your supposed in law is right? Put yourself in his shoes. If you were the one who was left to dispose to your father's property and a rogue brother sold it to a nice family, would you agree. Yes, take a minute and think. Remove your parents from the equation and all they suffered. If indeed your supposed inlaw was right, he HAD EVERY RIGHT TO FIGHT FOR THAT PROPERTY RIGHT till the very end. And don't forget the court agreed with him. Your parents lawyer also saw sense in it (after chopping their money as per his legal fees) and advised your parents to allow sleeping dogs lie. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU? Perhaps your so called inlaw was right afterall!

Now when i began this advice, i was confused but now i'm done, i think i will tow your parents path as well. Allow your egbon brother be. Leave the lovers alone. You may even be shocked your brother knows about it. Perhaps the girl has put two and two together and has told your brother all he needs to know. The history between your family runs too deep for everyone to be playing ignorance. surnames have been mentioned and i believe your parents have met with the girls parents. They all know themselves and i assume the girl's parents must have told her certain things too. If they don't, a nosey relation must have told her and the girl would have told your brother in turn. Love does funny things to people. Your brother that has sworn to fight for your family will grow soft once he learns its wife to be family that caused the heartache for your parents. Yes, that's what love can do. It turns man to mumu.

Don't make everlasting enemy with your blood brother. You will miss out on alot. If your parents who were most hurt can forgive, WHO ARE YOU to hold it against them. Let it be and let God have his way. Just go on your knees and pray. If it is God's will, let the marriage happen but if its not, let it scatter.

Dont play God in anyone's affair. Leave the young lovers alone. God bless you bro. [/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Skmoda360(m): 9:32am On Jan 18, 2016
zizazizu:
Whatever your decision, you will still feel terrible about the outcome.

Just let them be. You are not God.
your last sentence doesnt make sense.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by aimuan(m): 9:34am On Jan 18, 2016
My broda pls don't do it,I prefer u let ur suppose inlaw conscious judge him.children are not suppose to suffer for sins o their parents.
SSpeter:
I know this might not be totally right but at least it will make me feel great. Egbon wants to get married in march and automatically I will become the best Man. But I don't want him to get married to her. It is not because of her but the dad.

It all started back in 1998 my dad was having a court case with our supposed in-law over our house. The house was sold to my dad by the late late brother of our supposed in-law. That was even before my dad got married. We have lived in that house for more than 10yrs. My siblings and I were born there. After the death of the brother in 1998 he dragged my dad to court saying his brother was only a benefactor and does not have the legal right to sell the building and their late father made him the executor of His properties according to the late father's will. My parents were partners in business and their office was located at the ground floor of the building where we lived. Their goods were also stored there (plumbing equipment).

Prior to joining the plumbing business, my dad was into commercial inter-state transport services after suffering heavy losses he auctioned what was left and joined my mum in the plumbing business. A year later he was in court with our supposed in-law. The legal battle started in December. Egbon travelled with an aunt of mine who had won a visa lottery the previous year. My sisters were older than the guys. they were already in boarding school. I was the king of the house. My dad suffered many embarrassment at the hands of our supposed in-law. He dragged the case for some years money meant for business ended up in legal battles. My dad had to borrow to pay suppliers. He couldn't not order for new materials anymore and the business eventually collapsed. Extended families gave their support until 2003 when a lagos high court handed our supposed in-law victory undecided

My dad wanted to appeal the judgement but his lawyer told him to get an apartment with whatever he has left. Although my parents thought they hid everything from us. Perhaps my sisters didn't notice because they were not always home but I saw my mum cry severally. I saw the fears in my dad eyes. I listened to their whispering at night I knew we were doomed. Our supposed In-law sold the house to a bank. The bank gave two weeks to evacuate. But before the notice expired they brought sledge hammer and started destroying the building with our properties in it. My dad tried to protest but he was beaten and arrested. For the first time I saw our "Supposed In-law" that day ordering the boys to destroy everything. My dad was later released days after. I went to live with my cousins. My sisters also went to live with my other cousins.

In 2006 I wrote a mail to Egbon I narrated all that happened to him and he vowed he was going to ensure that they payed for it dearly. Few years later, I got admission into the university my parents embraced christ; But I still feel bitter. How time flies, my sisters are both married and it's just me preparing for the life of a bachelor; Until recently my brother told me his plans of getting married, I noticed it because he has visited us more than usual last year and had extensive discussions with my parents. But whenever He came back He still promised my dad that he will never forget all that happened. My dad told him that was in the past but I know what my brother was capable of doing as regards family.

He brought his supposed girl friend (I believe that is all she will ever be) to the house last christmas everyone welcomed her but immediately I set my eyes on her, she looked like the man that was giving orders to tear down our house. I asked her for her surname, when she said ****US, I knew she was the daughter of our long time enemy. When they left, my mum and dad begged me that I shouldn't say anything. That they have forgiven him. She invited my parents and I during the new year but I declined. I have also told my brother I can't be his best man. He thought am joking cos it was via mail. My brother had assured me severally whenever I told him what became of us after then that incident and he told me "I will give up anything to deal with the Man that messed with my family". I guess I will have to tell him the whole truth. But my parents keep calling me every single day to beg. "Saying I should not bring him misery. That they were happy he decided to bring home a cool headed lady".....But I just can't let it go. Unless my brother and I will decide not to be brothers anymore because I will never go to his house if he marries her. I will never associate myself with him or anything that has to do with him.

I have finished typing the truth I want to send the mail to him...I don't know why I am hesitating (I guess my parents will forgive me sooner or later) but he has to know the truth!!!!....i can't dine with my enemy!.....I don't want to see her dad face again....never...I hope am doing the right thing....i think I am.....perhaps I am...

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by accelion(m): 9:46am On Jan 18, 2016
Just a quick question from the genesis:

How come this girl's surname doesn't strike your brother's mind throughout till now? What surname did you call your father's "close friend" brother throughout your email to your brother? I am sensitive to the matter, but then, are we missing something here?

My Questions:

What's your father's name?
What's the late man's name?
What's the late man's brother's name?
Court case was between your father and whose surname
Does your brother know about the court case?

Now

What's your brother's fiancee's surname?
Doesn't your brother know your father's friends name that sold where he supposedly was born lived?
Your brother hasn't on his own studied the court case or trace the girl's lineage since he's determined to revenge?

Is something wrong here?

These questions should be answered first before any advise.

@op, please forgive my curiosity but it could help you too
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by maxti: 9:50am On Jan 18, 2016
SSpeter:
I am can never be God. I don't want any of those memories......My brother should know the truth. He deserves the truth!.....i can't be part of a family with a man that nearly ruined my family
The best you can do is let him know the truth and then respect and agree to whatever decisions he decides to take [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by chocolateme(f): 9:52am On Jan 18, 2016
For me, I will suggest that you let your brother know the details of what transpired between the two families then so that he will decide for himself what decision to take considering the fact that he already had a payback feelings for the man that maltreated your family.
Allow him to sought his it out with his own judgement since he is the one about to reconnect the two families again after so long.
He should also consider the war the lady's father may bring to the family again should he have misunderstanding and serious quarels with his wife in future.
Stop being angry ok? Just calm down, who even told you that the man has gone scot free? Law of Karma will visit him amd its goog that he is once again closer to ur family so that you will observ when his own starts, who knows, he will come running to your dad. What goes aroud comes around.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Codyt(m): 9:58am On Jan 18, 2016
yinkus4u2c:
Follow your heart hun cry
Msteew What's the correlation with the story written now? I blame ur ISP
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Bobicey(m): 9:59am On Jan 18, 2016
I can imagine hw it felt watchin ur parents go thru dose hard times. Do u knw u cud hav gotten d wrong impression bout dis whole tin, bin dat u were young den? Also 4 ur parents who went thru d hell u tot dey went thru 2 hav 4given dis 'ur sworn enemies', Guy, u rili shud also learn hw 2 4give. I knw its a hard decision, buh ur nt ruinin ur supposed in-laws life by tellin ur broda d whole truth, buh dat of d innocent grl. Who knws if ur broda might decide 2 4give dem due 2 d fact dat he's in luv wit deir daughter? How wud u feel den?
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by mrspeaker: 10:04am On Jan 18, 2016
There is nothing that can be hidding under the sun. for how long will your parent hide it from him? The truth will certainly unfold,the best thing

is to tell him now rather than finding out later. Forgiveness is not forgetting but it is your duty to explained details with diplomacy so that all

will be well.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 18, 2016
laprince:

I share in your opinion brother.
The guy deserves to know the truth.
yp
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Damikevin(m): 10:16am On Jan 18, 2016
SSpeter:

What would Jesus Do? That's all I have to say.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by ellarry(m): 10:36am On Jan 18, 2016
there is close to 90% chance i wont revenge when given the option if you hurt me, but you hurt my family you are going nowhere even if it takes me 100yrs.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by jayebros01(m): 10:42am On Jan 18, 2016
lofty900:
we dey him back ooooo.
Naso meself dey ur back bro..... I'll do the same if I dey ur shoe
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by MisterSam(m): 10:47am On Jan 18, 2016
Children paying for their parents sins ...since in the days of Adam n Eve.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Creamish(f): 10:54am On Jan 18, 2016
avalontony:

AUNTY.....na so Bible talk am.
Opetech:

The holy book said it.
asatemple:
it's in the bible, read exodus chapter 20. It's better he let the brother know so that the girl's father will know how it feels to relieve one of his source of livelihood. Let him watch his daughter suffer heartbreak and know what that family passed through but I know the guy will still marry her. Nollywood movie on nairaland

...Yes i'm aware... Im basically trying to understand the rationale behind it... undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by beemzy2014(f): 10:55am On Jan 18, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
Ruin their relationship.

We dey ur back.

lol. agbaya
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by lonelydora: 11:15am On Jan 18, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
Ruin their relationship.

We dey ur back.

As simple as that. I always believe "an eye for an eye won't make the world go blind" but will make people to be cautious when dealing with others.

Op, we dey your back, she can't reap where she didn't sow.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by MhzzKay(f): 11:16am On Jan 18, 2016
SSpeter:

I have finished typing the truth I want to send the mail to him...I don't know why I am hesitating (I guess my parents will forgive me sooner or later) but he has to know the truth!!!!....i can't dine with my enemy!.....I don't want to see her dad face again....never...I hope am doing the right thing....i think I am.....perhaps I am..
My dear its normal to feel bitter but it was never ur battle in the first place,if ur parents have begged you not to say anytin you should respect their wish.....in due tym when they feel its necessary they'll resolve the issue themselves.....trust me the parents of the girls won't be able to look ur parents in the eye,don't let ur brothers love suffer.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by mizlovette(f): 11:17am On Jan 18, 2016
My dear I felt goose pimples while reading ur story. It's heartbreaking left for me I'd say u should let ur brother know let him decided but he nids to know d truth. Even if u forgive them I don't think a man that had the heart to do this 2 ur family will ever regard ur parents as equal inlaws. The evil that men do lives with dem.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by IamLEGEND1: 11:25am On Jan 18, 2016
beemzy2014:

lol. agbaya
cheesy grin
no forgiveness for this kyn thing.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by yinkus4u2c(f): 11:35am On Jan 18, 2016
Codyt:

Msteew What's the correlation with the story written now? I blame ur ISP

You don't understand English I'm sure... Sorry hun undecided
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by omotades: 12:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hmmmmmmn....this is serious, man. With all u said abt ur brother, I want to blv he is also aggrieved of wat befell his family. If in d future, he found out his bride's father is a dare devil( that's wat he is), how wud he react knowing u didn't tell him before time. I also believe he loves this lady well.This is where the ball is in ur court. Find a place in ur heart to forgive the man just as ur parents have forgiven him. If u can do this, the way u'll put it across to ur brother will be innocuous and that will douse the tension. At the end, ur brother is told without ruining his relationship
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by omotades: 12:15pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hmmmmmmn....this is serious, man. With all u said abt ur brother, I want to blv he is also aggrieved of wat befell his family. If in d future, he found out his bride's father is a dare devil( that's wat he is), how wud he react knowing u didn't tell him before time. I also believe he loves this lady well.This is where the ball is in ur court. Find a place in ur heart to forgive the man just as ur parents have forgiven him. If u can do this, the way u'll put it across to ur brother will be innocuous and that will douse the tension. At the end, ur brother is told without ruining his relationship. It's very difficult, I know, but u just av to forgive.
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by saasala(m): 12:24pm On Jan 18, 2016
amunkita:

So his Law is Valid then...

Very valid...
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by mobaladf: 12:35pm On Jan 18, 2016
Shey na u won marry him
Re: Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her by Chrisx1x(m): 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2016
This story wuld make nice nollywood movie.it has a lot of morals in it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady / 24years Jessica Edionwele Found!!! / He Did Something An Adult Wouldn't Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.