Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) - Jokes Etc (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) (59143 Views)

You Will Laugh And Smile If You Passed Physics Subject. / [FUNNY PHOTO ]see What Happens When You Study Plumbing Job To The Core (photo ) / This Is What Happens When You Don't Pay Attention In Physics Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
A vacancy in an hospital I came across today. Not in Nigeria though. My advice for physics or physics related discipline students is that they should work hard at Uni, graduate with atleast a strong 2.1, and you would have an opportunity (fully funded) to study for masters in the US.
American university are always on the lookout for physics graduate with stellar academic performance, people are not much in this field hence, they get snapped up quickly.

The 2nd advert is for a physics grad at a commerce institution. Americans are crazy about physics graduate. They think they are geniuses that can do all things grin

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
D annoying part z that their department no even fine..... Sets of rat infested, leaking roof buildings behind chitis where we buy workbook #IRANU........ Think chemistry (anat) n cs +stat r d worse in UNN dough.. #myopinion
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by MisterF(m): 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
Smellymouth:
U think physics is difficult?? Wait until u study Mechanical engineering at uniben lipsrsealed
especially when u are being taught by Aravie(d drawing team)

1 Like

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Bishops10(m): 8:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
Smellymouth:
U think physics is difficult?? Wait until u study Mechanical engineering at uniben lipsrsealed
Bro can I chat wf u on whatsapp 08176255344
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Bishops10(m): 8:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
Smellymouth:
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Bishops10(m): 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
Smellymouth:

1 Like

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by 247notire(m): 9:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
saxywale:

They were advised to withdraw at different semesters. It's not even about carrying over course, since we were pruned every semester. The 18 that graduated included those with extra year+carry overs. So only 12 graduated at the right time, the other 6 graduated the following year.

One issue I noticed in my Engineering Physics class back then was:

Some students were skilled in electrical engineering courses while they were bad in mechanics.

Some were good in nuclear engineering, but bad in Statistical engineering and computation.

some were skilled in materials engineering but bad in medical physics courses.

To study in physics or Engineering Physics, you have to be good in most of the Physics/chemistry/maths + engineering disciplines, and dynamic, or be able to strike a balance between the different fields in the program.

Unfortunately, my course didn't focus on astronomy.
i had a colleague that went on to study astronomy at masters level though. He now works for a financial coy in the US.

Even though the course was extremely difficult, i loved it still. I know that nothing is impossible for some one with a background in physics to overcome. I had professors that were electrical engineers, nuclear Physicists, materials engineers, mathematical physicists, geophysicists e.t.c

Physics is for the brilliant minds.
Ur last statement is indisputable, with all due respect to every course out thr. Kindly follow back sir...

1 Like

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Jusome: 9:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
studied physics unibuja wit 2:1 i did nt dress lik dat i started lik d first boy end more dress more dan first year...wit suit self...project defence day
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Ladycloud(f): 10:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
Soooo.. True
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by bykomartin: 11:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
I studied Industrial Physics in FUTO graduated with a second class upper.
I specialized in Electronics Option, where we joined EEE classes in most of their Electronics Engineering courses.
I must confess Electrical/Electronics Engineering is quite cheap compared to Industrial Physics.
We see EEE courses as GP BOOSTERS (BONUS).
Every semester, we pray to do more of EEE courses, because we easily smash them.

Name them:
EEE 307: Engineering Control System Analysis and Design (A)
EEE301: Network Theory (A)
ENG 201: Engineering Workshop Practice II (B)
ENG 205: Introduction to Engineering Materials(B)
EEE 202: Basic Electronics Engineering (A)
EEE 204: Digital Logic Techniques (B)
ENG 104: Engineering Drawing II (B)
ECE 316: Applied Electronics (B)
ECE 411: Advanced Electronics and Studio (B)
ECE 509: Industrial Electronics II (A)
ECE 405: Semiconductor Devices Technology (A)

That was a few to mention, so cheap, we start reading them up 1 week to exam.
We give all attention to our Physics courses yet see some results:

PHY 403: Quantum Mechanics I (D)
PHY 501: Quantum Mechanics II (D)
PHY 504: Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy (C)
PHY 502: Statistical Physics (D)
PHY 313: Solid State Physics (C)
PHY 308: Experimental Physics IV (C)

Though
PHY 301: Analytical Mechanics I (A)
PHY 401: Analytical Mechanics II (A)
PHY 311: Thermal Physics (B)
PHY 405: Electricity and Magnetism (A)
PHY 413: Solid State Physics II (A)
PHY 514: Quantum Electronics II (A)

I can scan and upload my Transcript as proof.
So Tell me, if i never did Physics and did only EEE, maybe i might have been first class.

ENGINEERING students should also note that ENGINEERING IS A PROFESSION.
A BTech graduate of Industrial Physics can work as a professional Engineer in shell or anywhere.
I hate it when I hear because u did not study Engineering, u are not an Engineer.
That is a stupid mans mentality.

Google the definition of ENGINEERING.
Google the definition of AN ENGINEER.
And revert back to me.

Please after this explanation, I wouldn't like to hear any argument of such again, comparing Physics with any Engineering Major.
As we all know Physics is the father of all Engineering raised to power of INFINITY.
Just that Engineers get job more often than Physicists.
But a Physicists with MSc in Engineering will always be preferred than its engineering competitor.

My regards to all...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Aizenosa(m): 11:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
Lol very funny but I got a worse one for u, ask mechanical engineering department of uniben hw far. then you will see dat truly na flex una dey lol. image a lecturer takes u 3 different courses for 3 different semesters and u only saw him 4 times total for the whole duration. Lol
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Aizenosa(m): 11:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
bykomartin:
I studied Industrial Physics in FUTO graduated with a second class upper.
I specialized in Electronics Option, where we joined EEE classes in most of their Electronics Engineering courses.
I must confess Electrical/Electronics Engineering is quite cheap compared to Industrial Physics.
We see EEE courses as GP BOOSTERS (BONUS).
Every semester, we pray to do more of EEE courses, because we easily smash them.

Name them:
EEE 307: Engineering Control System Analysis and Design (A)
EEE301: Network Theory (A)
ENG 201: Engineering Workshop Practice II (B)
ENG 205: Introduction to Engineering Materials(B)
EEE 202: Basic Electronics Engineering (A)
EEE 204: Digital Logic Techniques (B)
ENG 104: Engineering Drawing II (B)
ECE 316: Applied Electronics (B)
ECE 411: Advanced Electronics and Studio (B)
ECE 509: Industrial Electronics II (A)
ECE 405: Semiconductor Devices Technology (A)

That was a few to mention, so cheap, we start reading them up 1 week to exam.
We give all attention to our Physics courses yet see some results:

PHY 403: Quantum Mechanics I (D)
PHY 501: Quantum Mechanics II (D)
PHY 504: Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy (C)
PHY 502: Statistical Physics (D)
PHY 313: Solid State Physics (C)
PHY 308: Experimental Physics IV (C)

Though
PHY 301: Analytical Mechanics I (A)
PHY 401: Analytical Mechanics II (A)
PHY 311: Thermal Physics (B)
PHY 405: Electricity and Magnetism (A)
PHY 413: Solid State Physics II (A)
PHY 514: Quantum Electronics II (A)

I can scan and upload my Transcript as proof.
So Tell me, if i never did Physics and did only EEE, maybe i might have been first class.

ENGINEERING students should also note that ENGINEERING IS A PROFESSION.
A BTech graduate of Industrial Physics can work as a professional Engineer in shell or anywhere.
I hate it when I hear because u did not study Engineering, u are not an Engineer.
That is a stupid mans mentality.

Google the definition of ENGINEERING.
Google the definition of AN ENGINEER.
And revert back to me.

Please after this explanation, I wouldn't like to hear any argument of such again, comparing Physics with any Engineering Major.
As we all know Physics is the father of all Engineering raised to power of INFINITY.
Just that Engineers get job more often than Physicists.
But a Physicists with MSc in Engineering will always be preferred than its engineering competitor.

My regards to all...

Please don't get sad it's only in africa that u can go to engineering department without going through physical sciences department, sorry to burst your bubbles, lol and for ur information u physical sciences students are just wailing for nothing go and ask about a course in engineering its called design then u will know that physical science is playing session. Lol
FYI engineering is applied science, hence why its called a professional course.
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by bykomartin: 11:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
Aizenosa:

Please don't get sad it's only in africa that u can go to engineering department without going through physical sciences department, sorry to burst your bubbles, lol and for ur information u physical sciences students are just wailing for nothing go and ask about a course in engineering its called design then u will know that physical science is playing session. Lol
FYI engineering is applied science, hence why its called a professional course.

You are not learned dear.
Are you applying for further studies at all?
Go through the requirements for Msc or Meng Engineering in almost all foreign universities.
Bsc or BTech in Physics is widely accepted.

Why do we have Physics graduates in IEEE society and not COREN or NSE?
Because IEEE is a foreign body, they know what it takes to study Physics.
Go and check their requirements to become a member.
You just made a huge mistake.
Please correct yourself.

Also note
TECHNOLOGY IS APPLIED SCIENCE.
Its Bachelor of Technology Bro, not Bachelor of Science.
BTech Industrial Physics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by bykomartin: 11:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
See Definitions of an engineer and engineering

source: WIKIPEDIA

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
247notire:
Lol. Well as a physicist who took several engineering courses then in school I wud say they are equally stressful and difficult. Though I'll point out that physics is the mother of all core sciences so that shud mean something. Some parts of physics are too abstract to be comprehended by a insufficiently analytical mind.
There's no abstract in Physics! it deals with everything around us
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by bykomartin: 11:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
This can also help enlighten you!

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by bykomartin: 11:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
captainmilk:

I guess you are joking ryt?

When did you stop studying Physics? JSS1?

Take a small one, google MODERN PHYSICS.

Or better still, enter QUANTUM MECHANICS.

Your own case will be without clothes compared with thread-owner's picture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by 247notire(m): 11:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
captainmilk:
Lol. Abstract and invisible/immaterial are two very very different words bro. Try again later.
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by 247notire(m): 11:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
bykomartin:

Hehehe. I just tire for the guy o. Just quoting me without knowing anything about what subject matter.
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 23, 2016
bykomartin:

undecided Proud Chemical Engineer ... If Physics is the Butter,then engineering is the sandwich

1 Like

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 23, 2016
247notire:
Lol. Abstract and invisible/immaterial are two very very different words bro. Try again later.
I don't mince words ... Physics is the study of *MATTER* In relation to energy ... got it? or better still check your Advanced Learner's if you are phonetically wounded

1 Like

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by 247notire(m): 12:20am On Jan 23, 2016
captainmilk:
I don't mince words ... Physics is the study of *MATTER* In relation to energy ... got it? or better still check your Advanced Learner's if you are phonetically wounded
Lol. A fuckingg dictionary? shocked Tell me ur joking cheesy. My frnd let me ask you, do u know what is called the 'twin paradox'? Bros I'm a well grounded physicist and I schooled in UNN too, dnt expose ur ignorance in that field, leave it to the experts if all u can do is look up words in ur dicķ...

3 Likes

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Smellymouth: 4:41am On Jan 23, 2016
MisterF:

especially when u are being taught by Aravie(d drawing team)

Hahahahahahhahaha
What year did u graduate
I left dat dungeon 2009.. I almost ran mad cheesy
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Nobody: 6:11am On Jan 23, 2016
guruvick:
What then will you talk about Engineering

Which Engineeing. You should be talking about Architecture boys who sleep in class daily..
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by fatteyskod(m): 6:12am On Jan 23, 2016
mrphysics:
lol. if you don't laugh, then you need medical check up.

did u actually think b4 posting dis? Only a mad person can laugh to dis, so wack like princess comedy smh*
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Aizenosa(m): 9:41am On Jan 23, 2016
bykomartin:

You are not learned dear.
Are you applying for further studies at all?
Go through the requirements for Msc or Meng Engineering in almost all foreign universities.
Bsc or BTech in Physics is widely accepted.

Why do we have Physics graduates in IEEE society and not COREN or NSE?
Because IEEE is a foreign body, they know what it takes to study Physics.
Go and check their requirements to become a member.
You just made a huge mistake.
Please correct yourself.

Also note
TECHNOLOGY IS APPLIED SCIENCE.
Its Bachelor of Technology Bro, not Bachelor of Science.
BTech Industrial Physics

Bro I have worked with professors from overseas, ur idea isn't like u hope it to be, and for ur information it's B.eng I am talking about. don't get too sad, engineering works is what drives a nations economy, not science.

I have said and will always let u know, I respect science alot, why because it's broad, right, gud
now let me explain engineering to u, 1st as a scientist u go to school learn about people's works and theories and all that, after which you graduate and dats all every other thing depends on your personal research programs, now as an engineer, all you do in school is learn basics of how everything works, when you graduate it's like u newly entered school why do I say so take a look at the making of the hotels in Dubai den u will know why I said engineering is applied science, technology has will and always be below engineering.

Lastly in the hierarchy of companies it's the engineer that always tops the work tree why because he inspired the product, using design and science he brought it to life, dats a fact scienctist or technologist cannot anyday hope to achieve.

Tanks
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Aizenosa(m): 10:39am On Jan 23, 2016
And least I forget science or technology is nothing if it cannot be used in the production of goods and services, else it will only be paper work and nothing more than that.

All engineers are scientists but not all scientists are engineers.
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2016
captainmilk:
Lol.
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 23, 2016
Aizenosa:
And least I forget science or technology is nothing if it cannot be used in the production of goods and services, else it will only be paper work and nothing more than that.

All engineers are scientists but not all scientists are engineers.
Isaac Newton's Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica ( Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy) was paper work till it gave us the aeroplane and rocket 400 years later.
Albert Einstein's paper "Does the inertia of a body depend upon its energy-content?" was just like any other scientific journal till the atomic bomb was produced years later.
In the science/engineering world, people build in knowledge of others. Cos some papers makes no sense today does not mean it wouldn't make sense tomorrow.

I have had lecturers with Bsc physics, MSc electronics engineering and PhD electronics lecturing in Electrical/Electronics engr. dept.
I also had a lecturer with Bsc. Electrical engineering, MSc physics teaching in Physics department.
There is a reason why physics is called the bedrock of Engineering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by bykomartin: 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
saxywale:

Isaac Newton's Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica ( Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy) was paper work till it gave us the aeroplane and rocket 400 years later.
Albert Einstein's paper "Does the inertia of a body depend upon its energy-content?" was just like any other scientific journal till the atomic bomb was produced years later.
In the science/engineering world, people build in knowledge of others. Cos some papers makes no sense today does not mean it wouldn't make sense tomorrow.

I have had lecturers with Bsc physics, MSc electronics engineering and PhD electronics lecturing in Electrical/Electronics engr. dept.
I also had a lecturer with Bsc. Electrical engineering, MSc physics teaching in Physics department.

My big brother, please tell him again.
Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by bykomartin: 8:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
One example is Professor Amagh Nduka,
FUTO's most reputable Prof and probably Nigeria's too.
He disproved Higgs Boson's theory.

1 Like

Re: When You Study Physics In Unn(photo) by Aizenosa(m): 12:40am On Jan 24, 2016
saxywale:

Actually mathematics is the bedrock of everything physics and engineering, now I don't dispute the fact that science is very vital when it comes to engineering, all I tell I is that despite the unchanging fact that science birthed engineering, science can no way be equated to engineering else u contest that the order of things at right from onset are wrong, why do I say so, all great scientists were known to have diverged into engineering,
Science is the study of nature
Engineering is the application of science
Those two description above mean only one thing without the scientists engineering will be nothing and hencefort science will be stagnant because better study of science cannot take place.
Hence, the fact I keep telling you science will always be lower than engineering no matter how small the gap is and also when it comes to research science will always be ahead of engineering no matter how small the gap is.
Hence why I tell you no matter how hard science is ( formula derivation and all, it's all on paper) an engineer doesn't have it so much spelt out for him because he is alright with the scientists approach but for it to actually be put to good use his head has to work extremely well, why do I say so it's because his work is to always think, one small mistake lives are lost, it's so lethal that even here in Nigeria to be called an engineer doesn't happen after graduate, nah, u have to go and face the board of both NSE and COREN with a project work and duration must not be less than 4 years, totalling 9 years before you can officially add the title Engr to your name, hence I even tell Doctors that they spend lesser time in school compared to engineers.
Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When You Wear Your Favourite Outfit But Nobody Is Feeling It (pic) / When You Find Out That Your Ex Boyfriend Is Among The 500 Deported / Hilarious Photo Of The Day: Keke Customized To Toyota Camry. Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.