Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House (2954 Views)

Moment When Christmas Chickens Are Not In Happy Mood(hilarious Photo) / Just That Moment That Hunger Want To Tear Your Stomach (photo) / That Moment When Your Gas Finishes Late Night While Cooking Beans....(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by chelsea4su(f): 7:48pm On Oct 27, 2006
the most embarrasing moment ,was the day , i went to visit my boyfriend<we just met>not more than 3 weeks,he ask me to prepare a delicious meal for him,as a good cook i did all i could to impress him , i prepared jollof rice unknowing to me i added sugar instead of salt ,i forfeit my date with him that day, very very embarrassing
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by BlackMamba(m): 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2006
Was he looking for a cook or girlfriend?
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by ikamefa(f): 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2006
BlackMamba:

"" grin" "" cheesy
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by CheeMoney(m): 3:24pm On Oct 31, 2006
Ain't nothing bad about cooking for ones boyfriend. Ha! nairanald members na wah o. Eh yea, I can imagine the embarassment. Maybe next time you will have to taste the granule first to be sure its salt or sugar whichever one you need at that point. Will you always?
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by Oracle(m): 7:41pm On Nov 15, 2006
How did you mistake sugar for salt, itz almost impossible
Sugar is harder and clearer than salt, and why didn't you taste the food while cooking it?

Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by CrazyMan(m): 8:58pm On Nov 15, 2006
Why can't you all figure it out.
she can't cook.
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by chelsea4su(f): 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2006
@crazykid ,have been reading all your post ,then i realise that you just post a reply without thinking to make your number increase,i dont think you can make the easiest food let alone rice
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:30am On Dec 09, 2006
Oracle:

How did you mistake sugar for salt, IT almost impossible
Sugar is harder and clearer than salt, and why didn't you taste the food while cooking it?
even if she were wrong not to taste it,thats not enough reason to criticize her,and for your information the iodized salt is almost the same size as sugar,so sometimes it might be hard to differentiate.
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by chelsea4su(f): 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2006
@thoniaslim thank you i love comment like this,no one is above mistake
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:24am On Dec 23, 2006
YOUR WELCOME wink
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by belle4u2nv(f): 1:32pm On Dec 28, 2006
Rice with sugar isnt dat bad.
U WOULD AV JUST CORRECTED THE ERROR
BY ADDING A LIL' SALT.
THE COMBO IS NICE.
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by eslynera(f): 12:12am On Jan 11, 2007
BlackMamba:

i heard guys like it when their girls cook for them, tongue
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by nazzyon(m): 12:16am On Jan 11, 2007
eslynera:

i heard guys like it when their girls cook for them,  tongue

I'll appreciate it if my girlfriend cook for me. I can as well cook for her anytime. Coooking is not a problem for me and if she didn't? No shit. Doesn't stop me from eating.
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by Jezgirl(f): 4:07pm On Feb 17, 2008
One thing i know is, if u try too hard to impress n go over board wen u wana cook especially 4 a loved one, that's when disaster wil strike, trust me.
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by bigrose: 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2008
hey ya sorry i understand how you feel but anyhow he should understand since your not yet accustomed to his house and kitchen dont worry you will cook something to make up for that one[color=#000099][/color] grin
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by TOYOSI20(f): 8:40pm On Feb 17, 2008
I'm sure he would understand that it was merely an accident. wink
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by Jezgirl(f): 9:37pm On Feb 17, 2008
hey @ bigrose & toyosi20, im jus speakin generally oooo, i wasn't divertin it 2 mysef, although it has happened to me on a few occasion but no more now, because i don't go overboard weneva i wana cook nemore.

@ bigrose, im not new to my boo, we've been datin for more dan a year, so forget bout bein accustomed to his house and kitchen. grin
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by segunpc(m): 1:54pm On Feb 29, 2008
its sheer anxiety that caused the flope.

i ll give u a second chance if it me.
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 06, 2008
I can imagine how embarrassed u'd be. But let it go girl, its an honest mistake that anybody cud have done.

segunpc:

its sheer anxiety that caused the flope.

i ll give u a second chance if it me.

what if the second chance is worse, wud that be the last?

Whats with this cooking stuff sef, must everbody be Amaka in the next thread? If a girl cant cook, the guy can help her, period.
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by comfy4eva(f): 10:08am On Apr 21, 2008
my own is different he does not like anyone cooking for him. even if he comes visiting me in my house. kind of cul wink undecided
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by Scopium: 7:50am On Apr 22, 2008
How did you mistake sugar for salt, itz almost impossible

[size=13pt]That's why it's a mistake[/size]
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by Lady2(f): 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2008
the most embarrasing moment ,was the day , i went to visit my boyfriend<we just met>not more than 3 weeks,he ask me to prepare a delicious meal for him,as a good cook i did all i could to impress him , i prepared jollof rice unknowing to me i added sugar instead of salt ,i forfeit my date with him that day, very very embarrassing

eya it's alright. I've done it before. I always taste before I put in food oh. I almost made the same mistake. Good thing I asked for the salt, so he handed it to me.
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by elizabetta(f): 2:43pm On May 09, 2008
He should have known that it was a mistake,atleast nobody in his or her right sense could add sugar to jollof rice.
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by lysaa(f): 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2008
so queer, sugar for salt, thot she said she is an expert in cooking?. .hmm, good qxn there, was the guy looking for a cook or what? funny enuff most guys want cooks these dayz.
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by NosaHenry(m): 6:25pm On Aug 01, 2008
To me you were grossly careless/carefree. Even a blind person can differentiate the feel of salt from that of sugar.
O' girl you better go and sit with your mama and learn. Otherwise i can see more and more embarrasements in the future. This is just a tip of the iceberg.
Learnoooooooo so you can save yourself from embarrasements and get a good husband. Truth is always bitter to swallow.
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by chamotex(m): 9:41am On Aug 02, 2008
kini big deal? everything na seasoning abeg
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by Emotivator(m): 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2008
forfeiting ur date wasn't the right thing to do. If ur a good cook as you said, this one inccident shouldn't be enough to get you demotivated. Come on girl! impress him with another wonderful food and while eating, teasingly point out that "Sugar jollof" inccident. This way am sure he will understand. Cheers
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by UNLEASHED(m): 7:13am On Aug 13, 2008
And you're sure it's because of the food you forfeited your relationship?
Re: Embarrassing Moment In My Boyfriends House by abikelat(f): 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2008
nawa o. tongue

(1) (Reply)

I Invented This Food Now My Gf Is Angry With Me / Photos Of Cape Bushbuck Caught Today / Commercially Packaged And Branded Zobo Beverage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.