Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results (6892 Views)

2017 ICAN November Diet Results Is Out / 5 Reasons Why You Should Write ICAN Instead Of ACCA / To Ican Students: How Was Todays Financial Reporting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by phredbongg(m): 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2016
shrimati:
have ever taken your time yo study the new ICAN syllabus? please do. If you can scale thru it, ACCA should not be a barrier. cos you can't pass them that easy without getting past questions from ACCA... which would have groomed you a great deal. Why don't you ask peeps who have done both.. I mean who are qualified......

I do ICAN questions during my spare time because I may eventually do it for future reference..and man...it's quite easy compared to the ACCA. Like I said earlier, ACCA focuses on strong application of knowledge gained. During my time, ACCA questions for Fundamental level were all case study questions...so I became addicted to answering case study questions from Fundamental to Professional Stage. I saw that ICAN still sets MCQs and short-answer questions even in the professional level.

I think at the professional level questions should be full-blown case study questions to test the candidates' ability to reason a situation and apply the relevant principles to the situation. It helps to distinguish the future consultants/practitioners from the future crammers!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by obiaguna(m): 8:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
AccaPack:

Congrats to her.I
I always tell Ican students to read ACCA pack because Ican pack is too watery but most have nobody to tell them. If u read ACCA material, Ican will be so easy to pass.

Can I also use Acca packs for Ican foundation papers.. Already bought Ican packs.. But anything that would make me score high and win prizes would be welcome.

2 Likes

Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by haibe(m): 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
africanman85:
I want to rgister for acca because of there bsc in applied accounting. Is it possible to cum out with good grade or if you know any other professional certification that gives bsc for hnd holders pls somebody should pls tell me . My email is okoroisrael522@gmail.com

Lol whether you will come out in good grades or not depends on ur personal effort but its very possible
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by obiaguna(m): 8:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
Seems like I would skip Ican for Acca cos I already registered for both. Application of knowledge is better than cramming.
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by haibe(m): 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2016
obiaguna:
Seems like I would skip Ican for Acca cos I already registered for both. Application of knowledge is better than cramming.

Why did you register for both? Bro if you won't have the time to give yourself into acquiring knowledge steadily and applying it steadily.. Just do Ican, also consider the financial resources of Acca..

Preparing for Acca is stressful oo, be sure you will give enough time to each paper.. All the best in your decision.
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by AccaPack(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
obiaguna:

Can I also use Acca packs for Ican foundation papers.. Already bought Ican packs.. But anything that would make me score high and win prizes would be welcome.
You can use ACCA for foundation too.

1 Like

Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by therealmom: 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2016
please does any one have soft copies of ACCA study packs for the professional level. I would be grateful if u can send to me

@Accapack
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by AccaPack(m): 9:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
therealmom:

please does any one have soft copies of ACCA study packs for the professional level. I would be grateful if u can send to me

@Accapack
Download 4shared App on play store, register and search for ACCA .
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by obiaguna(m): 12:20am On Jan 19, 2016
haibe:

Why did you register for both? Bro if you won't have the time to give yourself into acquiring knowledge steadily and applying it steadily.. Just do Ican, also consider the financial resources of Acca..

Preparing for Acca is stressful oo, be sure you will give enough time to each paper.. All the best in your decision.

OK thanks.

1 Like

Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by Dereformer(m): 8:57am On Jan 19, 2016
africanman85:
I want to rgister for acca because of there bsc in applied accounting. Is it possible to cum out with good grade or if you know any other professional certification that gives bsc for hnd holders pls somebody should pls tell me . My email is okoroisrael522@gmail.com

My candid advice to you is to forget about the Bsc in applied accounting one gets after completing certain levels of ACCA examinations. It is not recognized in Nigeria. No university in Nigeria of today will give you admission for MSC using that degree.

My advice is this, Look for a university around you and do a Bsc on part time. Many have done it, many are doing it.

1 Like

Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by shrimati(m): 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2016
phredbongg:

I do ICAN questions during my spare time because I may eventually do it for future reference..and man...it's quite easy compared to the ACCA. Like I said earlier, ACCA focuses on strong application of knowledge gained. During my time, ACCA questions for Fundamental level were all case study questions...so I became addicted to answering case study questions from Fundamental to Professional Stage. I saw that ICAN still sets MCQs and short-answer questions even in the professional level.

I think at the professional level questions should be full-blown case study questions to test the candidates' ability to reason a situation and apply the relevant principles to the situation. It helps to distinguish the future consultants/practitioners from the future
crammers!!!!!
with what you just said, I just realised you know less about ICAN, hence crtisize less what you don't know and seek for

fact. No more short questions in ICAN. It's all an open question affair. it started from Nov diet 2014. Go and look at the questions from that period till date, may be we can now have constructive debate on its technical efficiency. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by shrimati(m): 12:19pm On Jan 19, 2016
haibe:

But I have lots of peeps in my tutorial that arr ACA certified and still can't get through certain acca papers like P5, P7 after several trials. Even one of our lecturers that has both said ICAN is nothing close to ACCA when it comes to application, they are not even comparable.. You can do well In ican without being very technical in certain.areas but this will almost be impossible in.ACCA..

Lets not deceive ourselves because we arr Nigerias, the UK accountants and accountancy profession has gone very far ahead of Nigeria, so thinking the questions their body will set is less technical than Ican is just us being deluded..
No doubt when you talk about technicality ACCA has it, I really appreciate the value of question they set. If you are not the la cram la pour in school you will not have problem with it. My argument here is ACCA gives the serious students ample opportunities to pass, they help you to achieve your goals. They give you extra 15 mins to study the questions. If I use ICAN ways of testing student in the past, brother don't let decieve ourselve it's cruel and not practical which made it difficult for students. but now they are adopting ACCA style... Just ff their recent trend. Thanks.
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by shogz89: 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2016
Please who can help me with lsbf video tutorials on F7 financial reporting sad sad
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by haykay2005: 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2016
shrimati:
No doubt when you talk about technicality ACCA has it, I really appreciate the value of question they set. If you are not the la cram la pour in school you will not have problem with it. My argument here is ACCA gives the serious students ample opportunities to pass, they help you to achieve your goals. They give you extra 15 mins to study the questions. If I use ICAN ways of testing student in the past, brother don't let decieve ourselve it's cruel and not practical which made it difficult for students. but now they are adopting ACCA style... Just ff their recent trend. Thanks.
Gbam!
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by haibe(m): 3:54pm On Jan 19, 2016
shrimati:

Lol I agree with you 60%.. But my brother the issue of 15 minutes reading time, tho helpful, will only be indeed helpful if you can approach the questions thrown at you.. My last f5 papers, there were questions I couldn't solve at all because they were too hard.. Lol, the questions were looking at me and I was looking at them because I didn't have any idea on how to approach them.. So the 15 minutes reading time will only be helpful if you are indeed able to approach the questions, if you don't know the questions, you don't know it niyen and extra 15 minutes won't save u ( and this is mostly the case in Acca)..

You have a point tho
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by haibe(m): 4:02pm On Jan 19, 2016
Meanwhile P5 showing whos the boss around.. Lol grin

Cc: Phredbongg

Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by haibe(m): 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2016
shogz89:
Please who can help me with lsbf video tutorials on F7 financial reporting sad sad

Why not use Opentuition videos?
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by shrimati(m): 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2016
haibe:

Lol I agree with you 60%.. But my brother the issue of 15 minutes reading time, tho helpful, will only be indeed helpful if you can approach the questions thrown at you.. My last f5 papers, there were questions I couldn't solve at all because they were too hard.. Lol, the questions were looking at me and I was looking at them because I didn't have any idea on how to approach them.. So the 15 minutes reading time will only be helpful if you are indeed able to approach the questions, if you don't know the questions, you don't know it niyen and extra 15 minutes won't save u ( and this is mostly the case in Acca).. You are right. You can only use the 15 mins for what you have pre conceived idea of it....

You have a point tho
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by haibe(m): 6:23pm On Jan 19, 2016
sureguy02:
I have uploaded 2016 BPP Study Texts and Revision kits on my blog. ICAN students will also find these materials useful.

Feel free to share 'em with your friends and colleagues.

Visit www.ng-books..comto download the resources.

Contact me if you encounter any issues while trying to access the materials

Wow thanks bro
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by shogz89: 6:55pm On Jan 19, 2016
haibe:

Why not use Opentuition videos?
bro opentuition is kinda boring to me,, it makes me sleep,, I understand Francis of lsbf better
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by haibe(m): 7:13pm On Jan 19, 2016
shogz89:
bro opentuition is kinda boring to me,, it makes me sleep,, I understand Francis of lsbf better
Oh.. People find them interesting tho
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by haibe(m): 7:30pm On Jan 19, 2016
sureguy02:
I have uploaded 2016 BPP Study Texts and Revision kits on my blog. ICAN students will also find these materials useful.

Bro check ur f9 link.. Its p7 books that is there..
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by phredbongg(m): 12:21am On Jan 20, 2016
haibe:

Meanwhile P5 showing whos the boss around.. Lol grin

Cc: Phredbongg
P5 usually has the lowest pass rate followed by P4 then P7 then P6. Don't let the pass rates deceive you. I did P4 and passed it once despite the fact that the pass rate was the second lowest after P5. I just had a passion for fin mgt plus I like calculations. Do what u r comfortable with.

1 Like

Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by eagleemmanuel(m): 6:11am On Jan 20, 2016
Interesting discussion here.
As a fresh graduate in Accounting, I want to register for ACCA nd take exemptions since there is now 50% cut in costs. How can I go about it? How do they do the transcript thing? What is the minimum grade for exemptions? Can I use my 10 yrs old WAEC result?
I need response on this for urgent decision making.
Thanks bros
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by haibe(m): 6:21am On Jan 20, 2016
eagleemmanuel:
Interesting discussion here.
As a fresh graduate in Accounting, I want to register for ACCA nd take exemptions since there is now 50% cut in costs. How can I go about it? How do they do the transcript thing? What is the minimum grade for exemptions? Can I use my 10 yrs old WAEC result?
I need response on this for urgent decision making.
Thanks bros

If ur university is accredited, u will get the usual 4 exemptions from.f1-f4.

You can use ur certificate and statement of result instead transcript in relevant place..

Your waec can be used in the relevant place too..

All the u need to do is scan them and upload them when registering..

About the 50 cut thing, don't let that fool u.. They only cut the initial registration which has been the cheapest payment before.. The exemptions fees and exam fees which are the main deal are still the same price (and thry kind of increase sef), the current exchange rate isn't helping matters either.
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by haykay2005: 8:27am On Jan 20, 2016
sureguy02:

your f9 reads p7 on the download page while f7 reads f6.correction please
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by haibe(m): 8:56am On Jan 20, 2016
haykay2005:
your f9 reads p7 on the download page while f7 reads f6.correction please

Use the linkd by the right side of the website. Those are correct
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by Dereformer(m): 1:41pm On Jan 20, 2016
haibe:
Don't quote this text pls as I will edit it later

I sent you a whatsapp message. please reply.
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by haibe(m): 2:53pm On Jan 20, 2016
Dereformer:

I sent you a whatsapp message. please reply.

I have replied u since morning
U were last online 6:43am
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by eagleemmanuel(m): 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2016
@Haibe Thanks bro
Re: ACCA Students: How Was Your December Diet Results by haibe(m): 5:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
eagleemmanuel:
@Haibe Thanks bro
u welcome

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Re The Requirements For Obtaining Citn Certification With Aca Certification / What Will You Do If Your Boss Calls You Stupid? / Share Your Experiences As A Younger Senior Management Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.