Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? (25137 Views)

Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / White Groom And His Men Rock Efik Traditional Attire To His Wedding With Bride / How To Throw A Nigerian Wedding With N49,950 Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by pharmadoctor(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2016
Udaba Ekperi is one of the most interior towns in edo state. I served there as a youth corper. If you are going to hold the wedding there, I can assure you that a wedding of 500k will appear like a1.5million naira worth wedding. Believe me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2016
Olypeppy:
guy that 100k isn't for her alone,her little bride and atleast six bridesmaids including her Chief.which one be selfishness

Aside the woman and the little bride if the rest can't take care of themselves na them sabi...Thats why a woman should select babes that can pay for their cloths not osoho free
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by olac21(m): 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2016
gjugcvbnu:
capital NO.....how can u wed a girl with #500k,wen she is not a fish..........well if my to be husband is not ready to spend #4million for my wedding den m not getting married.......

Y not a billion?see her mouth like 4 million.
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by glossy6(f): 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2016
D vogue is to combine traditional & white wedding. Wed in church, come home and do the trad and reception follows or traditional then white wedding and reception.

500k will make ur day. It depends on you

You need
1. Traditional clothes for you and your bride
2. suit for you
3. Rented gown for bride
4. Bridesmaids will cater for their clothes
5. clothes for both parents
6. Musical band
7. Food & drinks for invited guests
8. Enjoy your marriage

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Stephanie75(f): 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2016
The things required by the bride's family for a traditional marriage by the Binis are:

# 20 tubers of yams
# 20 liters of oil
# 20 coconuts
# A bag of rice
# A bag of salt
# A bottle of honey
# A packet of sugar
# Kolanuts
# Bush meat (Antelope)
# Wrapper for the bride's parents (6 yards each)
# Drinks
# Some money for the bride's siblings
# Bride price (a little amount of money)

When the above is provided, she becomes your wife. You can then throw a party due to the size of your pocket.

WARNING: Nor use the whole of your money do marriage and later come dey soak garri or stay hunger with ur wife o, or come dey scrub ur baby (when one comes) with SODA o. HML in advance.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by unuane1(m): 7:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
My brother 500k will be enough for ur wedding even if it held in Benin city all u need to do is to sit ur fiancee down and talk to her abt unnecessary and unwanted show because the truth is most girls want to show how big their wedding was but if both of u will agree and work with the 500k I tell u the wedding is gonna be a success. NB: Things like hall for reception, drinks and meat are what u should really consider my sincere advice to u is to get an open space e.g school field, church ground, street areas or a large compound with space to hold ur reception because halls are nothing less than 100k in Benin city. Meat is another thing which u should look into if u really want ur 500k to take u far. I will suggest u go for frozen chicken, six. cartoon should be more than enough for u but depending on the number of people u r inviting. Lastly go for soft can drinks like Sona etc. my bro do as ur hand reach ok. Afterall everyone must not eat in a wedding.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Rekit: 7:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
Udaba is not Benin. 500k can throw an elaborate party in Udaba - Ekperi. The items you are to provide are not that much.

The things required by the bride's family for a traditional marriage by the Binis are:

# 20 tubers of yams
# 20 liters of oil
# 20 coconuts
# A bag of rice
# A bag of salt
# A bottle of honey
# A packet of sugar
# Kolanuts
# Bush meat (Antelope)
# Wrapper for the bride's parents (6 yards each)
# Drinks
# Some money for the bride's siblings
# Bride price (a little amount of money)

When the above is provided, she becomes your wife. You can then throw a party due to the size of your pocket.

WARNING: Nor use the whole of your money do marriage and later come dey soap garri or stay hunger with ur wife o, or come dey scrub ur baby (when one comes) with SODA o. HML in advance.[/quote]
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by jamalchance(m): 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2016
Na just beer, dj and canopy u need ..... No b edo state ....... we know them na
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
holyokoto:
500k is even too much to buy a Lady from Edo state. 2k is ok for her mother, 2k for her Dad and 1k for the Eldest son. After Cloth fee is 14k. Then food and drinks for about 400 people is 20k. All you need is just 50k, with a change of 450k

If the Edo witches rise now you will be complaining. Why you dey find their trouble wey dem keep for wardrobe.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by enddyini(f): 10:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
Yes because d bride price is not up to 100naira
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by daroyal1: 12:26am On Jan 19, 2016
Now officially open for business is Goldmynes Premium Hall - at 6b D’alberto Road Palmgrove estate, Lagos. The Exquisite, Stunning, Spacious, Beautiful Hall can seat 100 - 700 guests and is Fully air conditioned. Perfect for that dream Wedding, Concert & Birthday celebration. If you truly want your event to be special, then come celebrate @ Premium Hall.
Price: 350k per day

Also available to rent for your occasions are the best:
Live band
Concert Equipments
Pa Systems (Speakers, Mics, Amplifiers etc.)
Stage and Lighting Effects
Entertainment gadgets (pyrotechnics, confetti, smoke machines)
HD Cameras
Multimedia video and Camera screen projectors
Caterers
Photographers & lots more.

Goldmyne Events
Let Us make your dreams come true.
You dream it, we make it.

For bookings and more info.

6b dalberto road, Palmgrove estate, Lagos.
Call 0808 457 9999

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 19, 2016
You won't be the only one to spend for your wedding. Every family member would be involved so the money will be enough however cut your clothe according to your cloth.
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:58am On Jan 19, 2016
A wedding isnt an investment man. So spend wisely. Dont impress pple 2 depress ur sef ok.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by gondon(m): 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
THANKS a million............................... How about INTRODUCTION, like how much should one budget?. Though my agreement with the family is to do d INTRO next month and marriage rite follows immediately. So like how much am i looking at for d INTRO?
purplerain:
Hello, I am Esan and I got married 3 months ago. Bride price is very cheap, it will shock you. What you are likely to spend money on (for the traditional) with be the list her people will give you. Shouldn't pass more than 200k depending on the family. My husband spent about 150k on that list. As for the white, there are many cheap venues in Benin, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by purplerain(f): 3:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
It was my parents that handled the introduction. It's not really a big ceremony, just close family members. I think about 50k should be fine (I remember my mum saying that the caterer charged 30k for almost 30-40 people). This might be expensive for some people, but I don't know sha. You shouldn't break the bank for Introduction.

gondon:
THANKS a million............................... How about INTRODUCTION, like how much should one budget?. Though my agreement with the family is to do d INTRO next month and marriage rite follows immediately. So like how much am i looking at for d INTRO?

1 Like

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by MrTimmyDux(m): 11:32pm On Jan 22, 2016
For where u go first use 300k take settle all d witches and area boys .
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Exquisite14(f): 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
Estimated wedding budget n Actual wedding budget (final amount spent) varies for individuals. I have planned several weddings and notice that if d couple have "financially" suppportive friends, immediate family members, church folks etc, they tend to spend far less than the initial estimated budget.
For intending couples in diaspora, most times they tend to spend more. This is because of this wrong notion that the individual "has come with lots of dollars from yankie" especially when they have been away for more than 3years. Friends and family believe they came with enough savings to spend. Such intending couple get little or no financial suppport, infact, if they are d "star" of the family, they will be pressured to spend on "non-wedding" bills. Am actually talking from experience. And guess what, if 50 guest were planned for, they may receive several multiples of that figure because of the presence of "wedding guest inspectors" that came to have a first hand experience.
Enough said, to be on d safe side, plan your wedding bugdet with what you can "presently" afford, thereafter, give a distance of at least 6months to your initial wedding date. Any other income should be saved as a plan B to fall back on incase of unexpected occurrences. This way, I believe the couple will experience less financial constraints.
Ooops, I have to go now because I have to prepare a wedding budget for an intending Groom which needs to be submitted tomorrow. I believe these little tips shared will help someone adjust their mindset about wedding budget. You can drop your questions, I ll reply whenever I can. Congratulations to all intending couples in the house!

1 Like

Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by jaydee87(m): 9:47am On Feb 12, 2016
blaise00700:
Good-day Nairalanders,

Please i need your kind advice, I am from Ihiala (Anambra) and my fiancee is from Udaba Ekperi in Edo state.

We are looking to have our wedding on the 26th of March 2016 and I have not started making plans yet.

My questions are

1) Can we have good wedding with N500k in Edo state?

2) I will also appreciate if you share a list of what we need so we can compare it with ours.

Thank you for your kind Advise.

Cc lalasticlala , please help me promote the thread please!!!
happy new year to you.. I love it when people think of the marriage proper instead of the wedding cos wedding is just a day and marriage is forever. for me 500k is enough depending on your priority... the important things are food and memories to be reminded about the event... if you reside in Lagos my company can do a photography/videography for you at discounted price with full package... you can reach us thru 08069461442...
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Flawlessangel(m): 10:26am On Feb 12, 2016
My wedding with joavid is going to be one for the ages, we just have to hook up first, but she's probably too busy watching movies
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 12, 2016
Flawlessangel:
My wedding with joavid is going to be one for the ages, we just have to hook up first, but she's probably too busy watching movies

how is your music career going?
shouldn't you be in the studio? grin
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Flawlessangel(m): 1:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
Joavid:

how is your music career going?
shouldn't you be in the studio? grin

lol, i dont really sing but i love music like crazy, i just promote my friends who sing

where are you hanging out this val? My cinema offer still stands or we could go (ANYWHERE YOU WANT)
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 12, 2016
Flawlessangel:

lol, i dont really sing but i love music like crazy, i just promote my friends who sing

where are you hanging out this val? My cinema offer still stands or we could go (ANYWHERE YOU WANT)

how many mentions in a day

am not in Lagos at the moment.
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by toshinko(f): 4:08pm On May 16, 2017
Please does anyone have the recent list of edo traditional requirements n how much d dowry cost?
Re: Please Advice: Can I Have A Good Wedding With N500K In Edo? by Gratiamakeover: 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
I am an edo gal and I can say that edo wedding is not expensive to have especially when you are having it in Edo state. Anyways, for beads, okuku dressing and makeup, also for grooms attire, Whatsapp 08180785541 or IG @gratiaworld

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Money Tips You Wish You Got Before Your Wedding / I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" / Has Anyone Here Hired Wedding Guests In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.