Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? (5527 Views)

Adam's Story [ As Told By Adam In The Garden Of Eden ] Part 1 / God Will Restore What Ever Was Stolen From You By The Evil Ones! / The Fruit Eaten By Adam & Eve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? by fyneguy: 6:24pm On Jun 22, 2009
@Tonye T

This is in response to your request from the other thread. Kindly explain how Jesus restored what was lost by Adam and what God expects Christians to do with what has been restored to them.

God bless you and other contributors. I also pray that this thread shall edify the body of Christ.
Re: Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? by Backslider(m): 8:23pm On Jun 22, 2009
@Fyneguy

100% Holiness

Adam was without sin and this gave him fellow with the TRIUNE God.
Re: Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? by fyneguy: 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2009
Adam was without sin? shocked shocked undecided

Ok it's allowed from a backslider tongue
Re: Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? by Backslider(m): 12:51am On Jun 23, 2009
look at you so you dont know Adam never sinned before the fall?

What heresy is this ?

Show me where Adam sinned before Jesus was provided?
Re: Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? by Tonyet1(m): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2009
lets refer back to where it all started

The Origin:

- Man was created to explicitly express himself as God's glory in the beginning, that was why Man was created in God's image and likeness, meaning as God ruled the Heavens, man was to do the same here (demi-elohim:- "God now lives in earthen vessel also"wink, trying to explain man's glorious state may create for another topic  (Gen1:26 put it this way ". . . let us make man in our own image. . , they will be masters over all life (NLT version)".1cor.11:7)

- man was given a free hand to make choices, even though instructions were put in place (Gen.2:16-17)

- Man later fell, the effect of this falling meant that elohim failed to exist in earthen vessel (for the day ye shall eat, ye shall surely die, meant that the spirit failed to exist in earthen vessel)

- if you'll agree with the scriptures, it meant that man was just an embodiment of a liveless spirit,and so he lived this way till christ's coming, meaning man did the direct opposite of God's original master plan, hence the name SIN

- if man was totally corrupt, how then can God save His lost spirit (MAN)?, He decided to choose a people, which He did by calling Abram and reconstructing, resusitating and reorientating his (Abram's ) liveless spirit, bringing a nation called ISRAEL

- Who are these Isrealites? they were a people God chose by election from which he might come out, at least after he(God ) must have glorified their spirits to a level, thereby making them justified to be able to house Christ the saviour

- inotherwords, all the other nations were engulfed in their sinful acts for generations hence the name GENTILES another name for HEATHENS, if you'll still remember , they were liveless spirits in earthen vessels

- when it was time for christ to come, he came from the chosen people, and his assignment meant that he was not to intermingle with the GENTILES, until the appointed time, because it was very possible for the christ to stray from his divine purpose (Heb.7:25, 1jn2:1)

- that was why when the syrophoenician woman approached him, vs.23 of the scriptures you quoted said ", .  .he (christ) did not answer her" and when he spoke , he said "i was only sent to the household of isreal",
Re: Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? by Tudor6(f): 10:49am On Jun 23, 2009
Jesus restored NOTHING.
He was just an ordinary carpenter who decided to start a breakaway/ reform from the savage and crude religion of the jews.
Re: Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? by Tonyet1(m): 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2009
What was Man in God’s original design?

- Man in spiritual terms meant “The Spirit of God existing in Earthen Vessel” – Read Psalms.8:4-6, Gen.2:7

- Man was made to live the same way as God did in Heaven, inotherwords, He was made an expression of Glory and Honour backed with dominion

- Man is a Spirit because He was designed to live forever

- Man was designed to fellowship with the Godhead

- Lest I forget, Man was designed not to labour nor suffer nor sweat nor cry but just RULE, and I repeat, just RULE, afterall that is what GOD does in heaven

Who was Adam?

- Fortunately enough, Adam became the first to bring this God’s design to reality, inotherwords Adam was just privileaged, God could have made any other person. How do you mean you may ask?, Bible refered to Adam as the FIRST MAN, and not the ONLY MAN. Hope you now know the difference btw Man and Adam

What is the Origin of Sin?

I read someone post up here and he said Adam never committed Sin but Eve did, Yes I agree in carnal reality but scripturally I don’t agree. How do I mean? Do you recall that eve was made from Adam, So eve existed through Adam. Meaning Eve was Adam and Adam was God ( read 1.cor.11:7)

What happened after the Fall?

- Like I posted up here, the effect was that, because Spirits don’t die, the spirit of God in Adam became LIFELESS, meaning this spirit was cut-off from its root which was GOD and ruled by the corrupt spirit (refered to as the D-evil, which we know as satan or devil).

- Make no mistake pls, satan did not steal dominion from Man, he only dominated and ruled Adam not Man. But he (satan) stole man’s paradise and glorious estate (EARTH)through Adam. Imagine what it will mean to steal heaven where God rules, so it was here.

The effects (What was Lost?)

- Man was cut-off from his source through Adam
- God cursed the earthen vessel which was Adam (recall Man was not cursed, but Adam was- Read Gen.3:17 very well)
- Man now knew what was good and evil – Gen.2:17
- Because Satan ruled over man, Man was engineered to go only the way of evil
- By this Man was corrupt in his deeds and live

God’s Plan to restore Man

- From the moment Adam fell and traded Man to the devil, God made a plan to bring man back, at least you know this scripture from Genesis

- READ THE EXPLANATION in my first post

How did Jesus restore back what was Lost?

- Jesus Christ was the pure and original state of How man was before the fall,How? Adam before the fall knew nothing as good and evil, so was Christ (2cor.5:21), He had fellowship with God timely like Adam

- Jesus (God’s spirit) came through a woman, but not through a man’s seed, because Man was still salvaged by the devil –recall

- Christ means Saviour, which meant that Jesus was to come and save (THIS WAS HIS PURPOSE)

- His purpose was to come and save Man back from the dominion of the devil, recall that Jesus was never from the pedigree of Adam, although his geneology was from David (check the meaning of Pedigree and Genealogy)

- Christ’s restoration when viewed well, you’ll see that it was a reverse of everything Adam did to give dominion to the devil

How do I Mean?

- A woman came out of Adam (Gen.2:22), while Christ came out of a woman

- Satan approached Adam to take the prize (Gen.3), while Christ approached the devil to take back the prize

- Adam gave birth to all men, while Christ drew all men to himself

- Sin entered the world through Adam, while Christ was the exit of Sin at the cross

- Adam corrupted the original design making man unrighteous, Christ made men the righteousness of God (2cor.5:21)

What God expects of us Christians today? Refer back to the original design of God for Man

God bless you bro, more questions are welcomed!
Re: Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2009
@tonye-t
IS there a reason why God needs death to be appeased?
Why kill himself if Jesus is God?
Re: Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? by Backslider(m): 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2009
@Chrisbenogor

The wages of Sin is death

God was Arrested by our love(agape)

He became man and was Convicted

He was Sentenced to Die by hanging in place of you and I (why? because he loved us)

His sin was that he loved us to become human and Lived amongst us to free us from sin.

By his death he said it is finished and we can now be called sons of God.

So that we cannot Live in sin against God and Man.

(1) (Reply)

Islam's Perspective On Anal, MouthAction, Sex Positions Etc / How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. / If Man Evolved From Monkeys Why Do Monkeys Still Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.