Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:00 PM

Possible Tribalism In Banks - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Possible Tribalism In Banks (3018 Views)

Age Falsification In Banks / Casual Workers Responsible For Fraud In Banks – NDIC, CIBN / Tribalism In Nigerian Banks' Employment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possible Tribalism In Banks by charles316: 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2006
some weeks ago, i went to a bank and discovered that all their staff were yorubas.sorry guys i have nothing against any tribe but i believe in equity.does it mean that someone from another tribe never applied to that bank?an insider actually confirmed this.why now?
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 28, 2006
the most irrelevant thread i have come across today! And what is your problem if everyone there is yoruba? So you prefer they toe the fraudulent federal character principle and stuff their banks with dead wood as long as they are representative of all geopolitical zones?

This is a bank! A for-profit organisation! It is not their duty to play quota system with their operations!
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by dominobaby(f): 1:31am On Oct 28, 2006
What has this got to do with romance?
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by boladonas(m): 10:57am On Oct 28, 2006
If it is wema Bank , originally Agbonmagbe its in their vision and history to be solely a yoruba bank
As it was in the beginning, now it is , and forever it shall be
world without end

Amen
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 28, 2006
@davidlan
i think u know your response to his question is rather vague
r u trying to imply  that only yorubas can operate banks very well? or do u think it is only the yoruba folks that have money in various banks even int he particular one he went to

it is an organisation that is suppose to give equal opportunity to every body
no segregation.
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 28, 2006
@ kaecy5,
please read my response with objectivity before responding.
In no way am i advocating a Yoruba-only bank! My dad is Yoruba and my mom is igbo! I am an advocate for equity but i refuse to subscribe to frivolous accusations of "segregation" simply because we prefer to drum up a warped idea of equity which sacrifices merit on the alter of federal character!

Does it occur to anyone that a bank may be more interested in getting the best hands rather than stuffing it with dead wood in a bid to be politically correct? So if a yoruba man tops his aptitude test, am i supposed to get rid of him to choose the mediocre hausa just to satisfy those who prefer to embrace federal character?
Nigeria has practiced zoning, federal character, quota system e.t.c. for years, has it diminished the continued suspicion of "segregation"?
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Kashif(m): 2:08pm On Oct 31, 2006
An organisation that is made up of people from a particular tribe no doubt, has a policy in place NEVER to employ otherwise. Let's stop deceiving ourselves. I think objectivity should be a standard here. wink
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by chukky76(m): 2:01am On Nov 01, 2006
ok well its one of two things . its either the bank and its executives are really tribalistic c'mon lets call a spade a spade or else its born out of neccesity. i am serving in sagamu about to finish but i wrote a test at a bank for nysc , i passed and was one of the hightest but i was not taken and the person at the desk told me why and i understood. sagamu is primarily a yoruba speaking town and the position were they wanted to use corpers had extensive contact with a clientele base of predominantly yoruba speaking people. it would have been meaningless hiring an ibo boy that i am.

but however that guy in rochester ranting on about a bank being a for profit organization and not having to employ deadwood just to be politically correct should please be objective and try speaking with some common sense. intelligence is distributed fairly equally among all tribes so if the necessity to speak yoruba as a result of having a yoruba speaking clientele base is not an issue, then please a fair employment process will bring people from across the board in a fairly even distribution. so if its not becos of the yoruba speaking clientele then i'll say the execs are just prejudiced pricks
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Greycells(m): 10:13am On Nov 01, 2006
Objectivity my foot. We are all biased one way or the other. In every argument (apologies to Francis Bacon- the Father of Scientific reasoning), we all start from a biased premises or reasoning, thanks to what FRANCIS BACON called the corruptive influence of our environment, tradition, tribe, the arts, our friends, family etc.

The Igbos are always talking about MARGINALIZATION. That is the way other Nigerian tribes see them. But what should the people of the NIGER DELTA say? That is a topic for another day.

So guys, our emotions and bias are always deeply ingrained in our arguments or reasoning.

Analysing this thread from the Baconian point of view, Charles 316 is guilty of TRIBALISM. He started from a prejudiced point of view. It takes a biased mind and a tribalist to come up with such observation. There are more than a thousand and one examples that contradicts his observation.

For example, FINANCIAL STANDARD NEWSPAPER, which is owned by ENIOLA FADAYOMI, a Yoruba person, but 90% of the employees are Igbo, it never occurred to me until I saw this post.

To a certain extent, Davidylan  is right, FINANCIAL STANDARD NEWSPAPER, for example is profitmaking organization, and since the Igbo Editor, GM and a lot of other Igbo employees are doing well, who should care, except an inept TRIBALIST, who wants to hide mediocrity under ethnic jingoism to get a job by saying sebi na Yoruba woman get the newspaper.

@ CHUKKY76
am sure something is also wrong with an employment process that threw up more than what ethnic jingoists would term more than a fair share of Igbo employees at FINANCIAL STANDARD NEWSPAPER. A newspaper that is read by Nigerians from all walks of life.

SO WHAT IS OBJECTIVITY, WHO IS OBJECTIVE? ABEG LET US POST ACCORDING TO OUR SENTIMENTS JO!

So therefore, Eniola Fadayomi is guilty of marginalizing d Yorubas and other tribes by employing more than 90% Igbos to work for Financial Standard newspaper! How does that sound CHUKKY76? So, she is prejudiced what, shocked shocked shocked

Carry go! Give me second base jo!

This is my take
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by LoverBwoy(m): 1:36pm On Nov 01, 2006
He started from a prejudiced point of view. It takes a biased mind and a tribalist to come up with such observation. There are more than a thousand and one examples that contradicts his observation.

I agree with your first point But the second one undecided,

surely some observations are merely instinctual arent they?
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Waleade2(m): 4:40pm On Nov 01, 2006
u dont need to be sentimental on one particular tribe.this happens everywhere.why am i sayin so.Today most people that work in fidelity bank, 90% of them are igbo's.These are caused by the manangement of this organisation and to others they dont care or bother at-all.To me i see it notin uncall for.but u dont have to personalise it on one tribe which is yoruba,this happens within the tribes we have in Nigeria.Let me tell u. When u go to NAFDAC office 2day u see alot of igbo's workin there.must we say that yoruba's or hausa's not be chances, all because there Director General is an igbo woman.
Let face reality and stop deceiving ourself.
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by dayokanu(m): 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2006
Have you been to Diamond bank or Fidelity bank even in Lagos that is predominantly Yoruba and tell me the names you see Wonder what you would see in Owerri or even their board of directors
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by chukky76(m): 12:01am On Nov 02, 2006
G-reycells in case u are not familiar with the phrase "the exception proves the rule" you need to look it up because your Financial standard example is the exception that proves the rule (in a game of ludo chances are that rarely we'll throw a pair of sixes, five to seven times in a row or consecutively but it doest happen that often. so financial standard is just that, a rare occurence). plus the fact that shes yoruba and employing igbos doesnt rule out tribalism because she could have a prejudice for and not against igbo people. i know a lot of people that dont particularly fancy their tribesmen. but i'm just fishing.

the only thing i mentioned which was disputable was the fact that intelligence is distributed fairly evenly across tribes and since u are not disputing that then dont even speak to me.

According to you we are all biased in one way or the other and so we are all ethnic jingoists including you.
please!!! its called trend spotting, even an illiterate would spot a trend when he sees one. the fact that charles spotted a trend doesnt make him a tribalist but only reaffirms the reason why we are at the top of the food chain. INTELLIGENCE. how do you come about your conclusions?
your self conceit has blind sided you to your own mediocrity. mr know all. try thinking through your conclusions and affirm their rationality before posting okay?
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by charles316: 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2006
davidylan,
are u trying to tell nairalanders that people from other tribes are dead woods.if in a bank consisting of over 20 workers,there exist no other person outside the yoruba tribe,then something is wrong somewhere.my guy try make sense.nairalanders are sensible people.
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Neoteny(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2006
(quote from davidylan):" So if a yoruba man tops his aptitude test, am i supposed to get rid of him to choose the mediocre hausa just to satisfy those who prefer to embrace federal character?"

your post reeks with exactly the kind of sentiments that pass for tribalism. was it absolutely necessary to say "mediocre hausa"? it's well known how little must of you southerners see in us, but really must you be so glaring with it? indeed anyone with half an ounce of brains can see you are on the defensive on the subject matter, meaning that you find nothing wrong with a xenophobic system.

i cannot imagine a scenario in which ONLY yorubas consistently come tops to the extent that almost ALL the banks are stuffed full with them. give us some credits, man. sure, the yorubas got a headstart with the whole financial services thingy, but even so federal character and political correctness makes sense, especially since other tribes too have competent resources. if you werer in the states you'd be a republican out to kill affirmative action and medicare.
well, not surprising given that you are half yoruba and your tribal fusion is legendary.
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 02, 2006
chukky76:

but however that guy in rochester ranting on about a bank being a for profit organization and not having to employ deadwood just to be politically correct should please be objective and try speaking with some common sense. intelligence is distributed fairly equally among all tribes so if the necessity to speak yoruba as a result of having a yoruba speaking clientele base is not an issue, then please a fair employment process will bring people from across the board in a fairly even distribution. so if its not because of the yoruba speaking clientele then i'll say the execs are just prejudiced pricks

It is the same "fairly equal distribution" that the likes of you were crying against when JAMB was locking you out of your choice schools in order to admit Educationally Less Disadvantaged Students from the North! Saying "intelligence is distributed fairly equally" among all tribes is the same as saying talents are distributed fairly equally among all humans!!

Like i repeated earlier, my mom is igbo and my dad is yoruba! I wonder who chukky76 thinks i am siding in this matter! When next you apply for a federal government job and you are brushed aside for a less equiped northerner, dont forget to remind them about fair and equal distribution!

Neoteny:

(quote from davidylan):" So if a yoruba man tops his aptitude test, am i supposed to get rid of him to choose the mediocre hausa just to satisfy those who prefer to embrace federal character?"

your post reeks with exactly the kind of sentiments that pass for tribalism. was it absolutely necessary to say "mediocre hausa"? it's well known how little must of you southerners see in us, but really must you be so glaring with it? indeed anyone with half an ounce of brains can see you are on the defensive on the subject matter, meaning that you find nothing wrong with a xenophobic system.

i cannot imagine a scenario in which ONLY yorubas consistently come tops to the extent that almost ALL the banks are stuffed full with them. give us some credits, man. sure, the yorubas got a headstart with the whole financial services thingy, but even so federal character and political correctness makes sense, especially since other tribes too have competent resources. if you werer in the states you'd be a republican out to kill affirmative action and medicare.
well, not surprising given that you are half yoruba and your tribal fusion is legendary.

Yeah, ONLY a northerner sees anything good in retrogressive policies such as federal character and quota system, it is the very reason many unqualified illiterates are prancing around the corridors of power as ministers and policy makers! It is no wonder Nigeria remains one of the poorest countries on earth!
I do not support anything that gives some tribe an unfair advantage over others and that was exactly the purpose for JAMB, federal character, quota system, Land use decree e.t.c. Decrees meant to give the arid northerners a foothold in the south! And yet you all dare accuse me of preaching xenophobia!
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by chukky76(m): 3:53am On Nov 03, 2006
davidylan its safer to sit quietly and let people think you are dull than opening your mouth and helping them confirm it. you must have a serious reading and understanding disorder and your sense of reasoning as can be deduced from your analogy leaves a lot to be desired. Saying "intelligence is distributed fairly equally" among all tribes is sooooooooooooooooooooo not the same thing as saying talents are distributed fairly equally among all humans!! intelligence is one attribute that is being distributed at random among a population and involves probability. your analogy on the other hand refers to a collection of atrributes being distributed equally in every member of a populace. how any sane person possibly equate both situations leaves me at a loss. the closest analogy you can equate with my statement would be saying that intelligence is distributed fairly among blacks and whites which thankfully we all know to be through. whites are not smarter than us, neither are we smarter than them. and non development of full talents doesnt count as long as the potential for intelligence exists.
you highlighted my words but didnt understand them . i didnt say intelligence should be
distributed fairly equally among all tribes . what i said was intelligence is distributed fairly equally among all tribes so unless you can bring me the reports and details of a research work that shows a greater number of yoruba people have genetically more advanced brains than the ibos or hausas or vice versa you need to stand in the corner , read the posts and fight the urge to post pretty daft statements that accrue from a failure to understand peoples statements. Kappish??
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Nobody: 4:52am On Nov 03, 2006
@ chukky76
thanks for the personal attacks, unfortunately it only reveals your own dearth of intellectual acumen!
Ok here you go:

chukky76:

davidylan its safer to sit quietly and let people think you are dull than opening your mouth and helping them confirm it. you must have a serious reading and understanding disorder and your sense of reasoning as can be deduced from your analogy leaves a lot to be desired.

One is left wondering why the direct personal attack was warranted. Reeks more of an inferiority complex or of dumb individuals trying to use the anonymity of the internet to buy themselves a shred of credibility. Unfortunately i am yet to see where intelligence is equated with the ability to insult others! You only ended up insulting your intelligence!

chukky76:

Saying "intelligence is distributed fairly equally" among all tribes is sooooooooooooooooooooo not the same thing as saying talents are distributed fairly equally among all humans!! intelligence is one attribute that is being distributed at random among a population and involves probability. your analogy on the other hand refers to a collection of atrributes being distributed equally in every member of a populace. how any sane person possibly equate both situations leaves me at a loss. the closest analogy you can equate with my statement would be saying that intelligence is distributed fairly among blacks and whites which thankfully we all know to be through. whites are not smarter than us, neither are we smarter than them. and non development of full talents doesnt count as long as the potential for intelligence exists.
you highlighted my words but didnt understand them . i didnt say intelligence should be
distributed fairly equally among all tribes .

You really need to read over your own mumbo jumbo, most of it makes very little sense. See the above higlighted nonsense you wrote: "intelligence is an attribute"?
Do a little research: here is one definition of "Intelligence" - Intelligence is a general mental capability that involves the ability to reason, plan, solve problems, think abstractly, comprehend ideas and language, and learn. Intelligence is A MENTAL CAPABILITY OR ABILITY NOT A FREE GIFT ATTRIBUTE! Everyone is imbued with a certain amount of mental abilities, what differentiates the intelligent from the dull is the ability to DEVELOP THAT MENTAL CAPABILITY! Intelligence involves active learning, no one becomes a maths wizz by sleeping at home!!!!
In what way is intelligence given at RANDOM and involves a PROBABILITY? You mean to claim that some are given to be intelligent and some are not? Where is the proof for this unintelligent piece of garbage?

Talent - endowment: natural abilities or qualities
a person who possesses unusual innate ability in some field or activity
While intelligence involves a MENTAL capability, talent involves a physical ability. Like intelligence, talent is also learnt and nutured! No one becomes a talented footballer without practice. Infact the most talented people are those who put in extra effort at learning or practicing their talents!!! The same goes for intelligence!

Please stop making a fool of yourself in order to sound learned, from your last rabble you passed as a post, you are clearly mentally lazy!
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by LoverBwoy(m): 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2006
Back to the topic

The topic starter is a bit biased but at the same time there is tribalism in some sector in nigeria

If the same bank have a branch in Anambra with the majority of their staff being Yoruba then that is plain obvious!

"federal character"
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by charles316: 7:50pm On Nov 03, 2006
davidylan ,u deserve to be expelled from our assembly.how can someone with ur kind of reasoning get a job?all nigerians be it of any tribe shld have equal opportunity of getting jobs.nairalanders make una bash this idiot.
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by chukky76(m): 4:52am On Nov 04, 2006
At davidylan. My point exactly. thanks for proving it. instead of shutting up . you spoke now everyone knows how unintelligent and stupid you are. the harder u try the worse it gets. you think using a lot of big words make u smart? all you did was argue semantics. any idiot knows that technically intelligence is not an attribute, its a post not a phD thesis, i do not run to whip out my dictionaries because i want to speak with you!!! dude please unlike u i have a life. while u were arguing your semantics you did nothing to disprove my claims so i guess i was right the first time. You need to shut your tribalistic mouth and go sit in the corner. Personal attacks? dude u need to read your initial post to me and see who started it. i aint even replying you no more. one cant argue with a loon else he rubs off on you. so post all you like , not wasting one more minute with you. you need to read yourself. never with so many big words has someone still been able to sound stupid. you've perfected it. Nuff said. I'm out
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 04, 2006
Thanks chukky76 and charles316, i already expelled myself from the asembly of deluded loafers like you!

Sorry chukky76, not everyone decided not to pay attention in school and i do not whip out my dictionary anytime i want to post. If you have trouble comprehending then i advise you do some adult literacy classes!

Thanks charles316, i cannot be expelled from your "assembly" as i have never assembled with frustrated loonies before! I have  goal in life that i am pursuing and attaining so help me God. At least one thing is sure, neither yoou nor chukky76 can EVER aspire to where i have been to!!

Sorry, pls by all means do have fun languishing in your unfavourable and ethnically biased "favour" market!! I wish you all the very best as you wear your shoes out searching for non-existent opportunities!
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by chukky76(m): 1:54am On Nov 05, 2006
davidylan i dont know how old you are and what u've achieved and i really dont care but u seriously delusional when u think you the only one with ambition. meet me here in five years and we'll measure dicks
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Nobody: 2:12am On Nov 05, 2006
chukky76:

davidylan i don't know how old you are and what u've achieved and i really don't care but u seriously delusional when u think you the only one with ambition. meet me here in five years and we'll measure *****

Delusional? At least you learnt a new word today, bravo! I'm positive i'm not the only one with ambition neither would i be the last, one thing is however crystal clear; you do not belong there!

Meet you in 5 years? Dont stretch your luck too far bro, have fun working in your biased banks!
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by debosky(m): 2:30am On Nov 05, 2006
well i see people at two extremes here

davidylan believes only the best should be given an opportunity, this i agree with to an extent, but the truth is that some level of 'quota' or 'equity' has to be applied in certain areas, to allow others to catch up = even development over the whole nation. This system has been abused to the point that mediocrity has been enthroned in certain places.

now as to the bank with 'nearly 100%' yorubas, certain issues are involved

-geographical location ( e.g more yoruba's than any other tribe in e.g Ibadan)

-competence/qualifiction ( e.g more yoruba's in this case may attend university/polytechnic at that location)

- culture of the bank (some banks have a culture/way of business suited more to a particular tribe)

charles and chuks on the other hand see it purely as a 'tribal' issue which is wrong, maybe there is some degree of tribalism involved, but no doubt, the people employed must at least be competent for them to have been employed ( as evidenced by the bank's good performance I assume).

the final issue we cannot disregard is discretion/bias/preference of the employers. this occurs a lot in Nigeria and cannot bediscounted. what i am against however, is if a deliberate policy to exclude people from a certain tribe regardless of performance is enforced. some quota's may be necessary to allow for even development (e.g in government, but as long as such laws dont exist for privatge enterprises, dont expect them to champiion the cause, afterall their aim is to make profit!

if your company is already 90% one tribe for example, it may be difficult for a different tribe-person to work due to some culture differences - if such differences matter to the operation of your business (back to my corporate culture point)
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Nobody: 3:02am On Nov 05, 2006
@ debosky,

thanks for your objective analysis. Makes much more sense than the ramblings of those who prefer to wallow in conspiracy theories anytime things dont go THEIR way!

However i disagree on one score;
debosky:

davidylan believes only the best should be given an opportunity, this i agree with to an extent, but the truth is that some level of 'quota' or 'equity' has to be applied in certain areas, to allow others to catch up = even development over the whole nation. This system has been abused to the point that mediocrity has been enthroned in certain places.

The only place the quota system is in place is our strange "Federal Democracy"! Are you assuming that while we allow "others to catch up", the others would remain stagnant? It is clear that our "quota system" has been so abused to the extent that it no longer pays to work hard, merit has been sacrificed on the altar of mediocrity. Our quota system has enabled many of us to spin conspiracy ethnic theories to explain away our misfortunes.

Thanks to the spirit of competition, the USA and Europe continue to leapfrog us, while we remain there waiting in vain for others to "catch up"!
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Neoteny(m): 7:06pm On Nov 05, 2006
@davidylan.

ive encountered your senseless rants in numerous threads and all i credit you with is verbosity. you are so full of hot air and little sense its remarkable you even possess the dexterity necessary to type. all you succeed in doing is giving us a deeper insight into how the insect mind works.
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2006
Neoteny:

@davidylan.

ive encountered your senseless rants in numerous threads and all i credit you with is verbosity. you are so full of hot air and little sense its remarkable you even possess the dexterity necessary to type. all you succeed in doing is giving us a deeper insight into how the insect mind works.

Keep quiet mister! What do you know about my "rantings"? I can't make much sense to close minded buffons like you who don't offer any oppinion beyond logging on to insult others!
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Neoteny(m): 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2006
@davidylan
interestingly there is a historical precedence for your kind, and they were known as nazis then, but now we now them as worms. you champion your silly notion of superior intellect and you quirkily attribute it to some genetic preselection on the part of nature, and this ludicrous mindset allows you to shamefully declare your stock as more fit to run Nigeria. interesting the greatest ruination ever witnessed in our history is at the watch of your "shon of the shoil".

i suggest u cut back on your penchant for bombast and rather infuse more sense and logic, if not maturity, in ur posts, or does the english purposely serve to cover up your ragged mind? this is one hausa arid northerner who can see through the flimsy mettle of intellectual competence your hollow self cowers behind.
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 05, 2006
grin

Oh so your problem was really with my rightly classifying you as an arid northerner and not really my "suspect" intellect?
Where did i tell you that southerners where genetically more intellectually superior to the northerner?

No sir, there is a difference between the nazis and those of us opposed to the continued rape of our nation by those who see political office as their birth right! From Gowon, Shagari, Babangida to Abacha we have seen men who have brought our nation down to its knees! Rather hypocrites like you would rather resort to insults than solve your own problems!

I assume when you request the infusion of "Sense and logic" you actually mean to turn a blind eye to the truth! When you talk of the "greatest ruination (whatever that means) witnessed in 'our' history as being at the watch of our shon of the shoil", who really are you refering to? Obasanjo, the first man to hand over power to a democratically (s)elected president and leaving NO foreign debt and over $3bn in our foreign reserve? Shonekan who was booted out in 3 months by the devil who took us back to the stone ages? It would interest you to note that our foreign debt started with the kleptomanic regime of Sheu shagari!!!!

Which watch really? As far as i know the north has been in power, i wonder if that watch was in 1922!
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Neoteny(m): 7:29pm On Nov 06, 2006
@davidylan
your post reads precisely like a government-sanctioned rag, but it only further serves to expose your proclivity for personal opinions that not only insult the better educated members of nairaland (everyone excluding you. rochester my arse), but also insult yourself. now you're trying to twist history to conform to your perverted logic. im not going to enter into any political debate with you seeing as your grasp of decorum and logic is flimsy at best. let us stick to the gist of the thread and do away with subterfuge please, you dont fool anyone but yourself.

to begin with your comment that "ONLY a northerner sees anything good in retrogressive policies such as federal character and quota system"  after i remarked that u were wrong to say  "MEDIOCRE"  hausa suggests you favor exactly the nepotism the initial poster asked questions about and instead of discoursing like the intelligent being we erroneously presumed you were, you started shooting off recklessly at the mouth without a thought as to how much damage you were doing to yourself by stupidly shattering our illusions of you as an educated human being. and now you accuse me of insulting you. you already did that to yourself. infact, insulting you or calling you names is like trying to make coal blacker.

look up any statistics and present it here as backing up your claims that the yorubas (apology to all other yorubas please) consistently come tops in aptitude tests and we may actually consider arguing with you, also whip up something substantial that debunks chukky 76's statement that intelligence is fairly distributed among all tribes and we may give you some credit. the key thing here is INTELLIGENCE, not just KNOWLEDGE, and thats what precisely aptitude tests are designed to assess (granted knowledge complements intelligence). so your stupid theory of any one tribe claiming superior intelligence is as ridiculous as the thought of you being rational.
Re: Possible Tribalism In Banks by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2006
@ neoteny,

Keep ridiculing yourself! Any person with half a brain knows their is no iota of error in my last post. Sorry if your folks have given you all including your so called "progressives" a bad name. Stop playing the ostrich, you introduced the political twist when you made the following statement:

Neoteny:

@davidylan
interestingly there is a historical precedence for your kind, and they were known as nazis then, but now we now them as worms. you champion your silly notion of superior intellect and you quirkily attribute it to some genetic preselection on the part of nature, and this ludicrous mindset allows you to shamefully declare your stock as more fit to run Nigeria. interesting the greatest ruination ever witnessed in our history is at the watch of your "shon of the shoil".

I'm sure you conveniently forgot some of us were taking notes on the collateral damage your "heroes" were inflicting on our national psyche, now that the anus of the chicken has been exposed you are now seeking a return to the original post of the thread!

Where and how did i twist history? Pls provide accurate facts of the lies i told and the truth!!! Only those grasping at straws hide behind loud and abusive words to get their points across. I detailed a brief history of the corrupt hooligans who ruled us from Tafawa Balewa to Abacha, what was your proof that i twisted history to conform to my perverted logic?

For proof of the educational backwardness of the north, pls see WAEC and JAMB results for the last 20 yrs! Illiterates!
From JAMB 2000/2001 admission statistics;

The East (comprising all eastern states + Niger Delta areas - a total of 12 states) - 63.71%
West (Only 6 south western states) - 17.43%
North (comprising all 20 northern states) - 19.82%

Pls note that this includes 3.74%  and 2.05% from Kogi and Kwara states respectively with a large bulk of Yoruba speaking peoples and are not considered core northern states. That leaves the north with 18 states contributing a paltry 14.03% of total candidates for the 2000/2001 academic yr. Less than the percentage from 6 south western states! The number is even lower when you remove those from middle belt states!

Not forgetting that these same northern states claim to have a higher population than any other parts of Nigeria!!! Thanks to Makama and the other northern goons at the helm of affairs, the NPC has no functional website and we cannot obtain data on how many we are in a nation that claims to be 46!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cisa June 2008 Study Group. / Information Needed On Risk Management Certification / ICAN Questions For November 2014 Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.