Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,811 members, 7,798,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Photos: Ooni Of Ife Visits Alaafin Of Oyo...first Time An Ooni Will Visit - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos: Ooni Of Ife Visits Alaafin Of Oyo...first Time An Ooni Will Visit (776 Views)

Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge / “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief / How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Ooni Of Ife Visits Alaafin Of Oyo...first Time An Ooni Will Visit by Mubycute1(m): 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2016
Oba Ogunwusi while speaking at the thanksgiving service said though he was not invited, he had to make an effort to come so as to end the war and foster unity within the Yorubas both home and abroad.
“I am here today, though not invited, but as the Arole Oduduwa, the onus is on me to felicitate with all sons and daughters wherever they are and to show my solidarity for them. I am ready to damn any consequences or insinuations from anywhere; my mission here is to preach peace among nations of Yoruba both home and abroad and I am ready to work with Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Olayiwola Adeyemi to project the unity and love which existed in days of our forefathers.” The Alaafin of Oyo expressed his excitement at seeing the Ooni in his domain " “This special visit was done last in March 1937, that was the first time the kings in Yorubaland met in Oyo town and today history was made with the visit of Arole Oodua, Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II and I feel delighted to host you and to reassure you that I will be ready to work with you. I had a cordial relationship with Ooni Adesoji Aderemi and I did not want to relent my bound with any Ooni of Ife that assumed the post but everybody has his own little differences.”he said
Re: Photos: Ooni Of Ife Visits Alaafin Of Oyo...first Time An Ooni Will Visit by Mubycute1(m): 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2016
source mubycute..com view more pictures of oni and the alafin oyo

(1) (Reply)

Why Do African Men Love Big Women / PHOTOS: EFCC Officials Visit Oba Of Benin / Osun Osogbo Annual Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.