Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,737 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss (56014 Views)

Buhari Appoints Uchechi Orji And Isa Hayatu Chiroma As Heads Of Agencies / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police / PDP Group Urges Buhari To Fire Bode-george’s Wife As NDLEA Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 19, 2016
ddippset:
Buhari uplifts his brothers from the north, more than the south while Jonathan uplifted northerners to the detriment of the southerners. Why he did this I could never understand.
but when it come to looting the treasury they,forget that they are from the south or north .christains or muslim they steal us blind and live as good neigbours in asokoro,ikoyi and other
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by magneto(m): 8:34am On Jan 19, 2016
doctokwus:
Truth be told, it seems PMB is really pained that despite clear evidence of the gross incompetence and corruption of gej which made other parts to vote against him,yet the ss and SE still voted overwhelmingly for him;and is reflecting in his appointments.

The truth is, GEJ may not have been very smart politically or even 100% corrupt free (neither is PMB by the way), but he was a president with a good heart, albeit naive. That was why he could gladly focus development mostly in the north and south west regions, even at the detriment of his own SS and SE....just to show that he was a de-tribalized president FOR ALL that didn't mind who got "served" first. Well it turned out his sucking up to those northern and yoruba oligarchs was a grossly incomplete move. He should have, as a matter of utmost importance, carried the SS and SE along with same measure. If he had, I believe the number of votes he got from those regions would've been even higher.
But despite his glaring ineptitude at times, the ppl still saw the kind and humble man beyond all that and would rather vote for him than an arrogant, self seeking, power hungry maniac who bullied his way to power with veiled threats of bloodshed and fake "change" mantra....deceiving a whole lot of Nigerian youths, many of whom are regretting now. I'm not surprised at his manner of ruling tho, cos it was to be expected. Its becoming almost inevitable now that Nigerians would split beyond repair along tribal lines, if PMB continues to toe this dangerous path of selective appointments and non inclusive government. I sincerely hope he realizes on time the danger he is encouraging and perhaps even dismissing as irrelevant. Only time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by babutime: 8:37am On Jan 19, 2016
Elosky20:
na certificate we go chop. make we see road abeg

na NDLEA they construct roads? mumu
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Nwaiberibe: 8:42am On Jan 19, 2016
Somehow, I love what PMB is doing. He's giving the Biafran agitators a reason to carry on their protest grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by jcross19: 8:48am On Jan 19, 2016
allthingsgood:

The President doesnt see tribe, he employs competent hands. Its you guys that keep looking for every ridiculous excuse to complain....all the people they employed from ur village in the past, what did they do for you smh
the competent? Is that what you call it? Lassar fever have killed more than 40 people across the country still no measure is taking to curb this deadly disease still those competent he chose are confuse to do their work, thesame competent turn our budget to mere papers can you see the competent,now naira is going down and where is competent minister? Unless if competent has another meaning.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by asha01: 8:55am On Jan 19, 2016
ddippset:
Buhari uplifts his brothers from the north, more than the south while Jonathan uplifted northerners to the detriment of the southerners. Why he did this I could never understand.

Well he did it to gain their support, unfortunately he never knew he can never get their support no matter what he does for them except give them back power. that was his weakest point, if only he knew this. they used it against him greatly. even when he tried to change the situation of the Almagaris they saw it as insult and used them against him during 2015 election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Laid2001: 9:03am On Jan 19, 2016
You still dey cry over spilt milk.
GEJ has lost fair and square, deal with it.!

GEJ was raking in 4 time income from oil compared to what this government has been getting since inception on a monthly basis due to the favorable oil price of $100 and above during his time! Now oil price is below $30.

Yet GEJ was owing IOCs more than $5billion in cash calls for the JV operation. He ruined the economy and looted the treasury with reckless abandonment.

And he did not develop the North now SW preferentially as you want us to believe. For every project sited in the North or SW, there is an equal one SS or SE.

magneto:

The truth is, GEJ may not have been very smart politically or even 100% corrupt free (neither is PMB by the way), but he was a president with a good heart, albeit naive. That was why he could gladly focus development mostly in the north and south west regions, even at the detriment of his own SS and SE....just to show that he was a de-tribalized president FOR ALL that didn't mind who got "served" first. Well it turned out his sucking up to those northern and yoruba oligarchs was a grossly incomplete move. He should have, as a matter of utmost importance, carried the SS and SE along with same measure. If he had, I believe the number of votes he got from those regions would've been even higher.
But despite his glaring ineptitude at times, the ppl still saw the kind and humble man beyond all that and would rather vote for him than an arrogant, self seeking, power hungry maniac who bullied his way to power with veiled threats of bloodshed and fake "change" mantra....deceiving a whole lot of Nigerian youths, many of whom are regretting now. I'm not surprised at his manner of ruling tho, cos it was to be expected. Its becoming almost inevitable now that Nigerians would split beyond repair along tribal lines, if PMB continues to toe this dangerous path of selective appointments and non inclusive government. I sincerely hope he realizes on time the danger he is encouraging and perhaps even dismissing as irrelevant. Only time will tell.
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Gagame(m): 9:03am On Jan 19, 2016
ddippset:
I'm telling you
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by allthingsgood: 9:09am On Jan 19, 2016
[s]
jcross19:
the competent? Is that what you call it? Lassar fever have killed more than 40 people across the country still no measure is taking to curb this deadly disease still those competent he chose are confuse to do their work, thesame competent turn our budget to mere papers can you see the competent,now naira is going down and where is competent minister? Unless if competent has another meaning.
[/s]

When u criticise, try to stick to facts and not emotions. How can u say nothing is being done abt lassa fever Pls stop telling lies, unless u have been living under a rock!
People are risking their lives to combat this disease and u come here to spill trash
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Billygee2u: 9:13am On Jan 19, 2016
denko:
Buhari with northern agenda na wao
if only with northern agenda it will not bother much like all of being old retired military men.
Nigerian youths clamoring and shouting sai baba,shame on you all
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Billygee2u: 9:15am On Jan 19, 2016
naijafella:
I don't give a damn where you come from. Just get the job done. Kick the fat asses of these drug peddlers.
a new way for the Northerners to enrich themselves again after the fall of oil.
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by nickxtra(m): 9:17am On Jan 19, 2016
Joarams:

I don't see how this is the case. ..do a simple probability test if you're math inclined and see how many times the 'North' will come up b4 your own familiar tribe. The North is the largest group in Nigeria (19 states to 17 states) but also arguably the most diverse people. We in the South have a stereotypical way of thinking they're all the same because of a unifying language. This is false! Imagine a Northerner saying that Itsekiris and Yorubas are one cos of the similarities in name.
Oga, I understand your point, but the fact is, since the president assumed power, apart from the ministerial appointments, every other appointment, whether statutory or political appointments are tilted to the north, with pockets of appointments for the South. It is really disturbing to me, as a chronic supporter of the president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by jcross19: 9:19am On Jan 19, 2016
allthingsgood:
[s][/s]

When u criticise, try to stick to facts and not emotions. How can u say nothing is being done abt lassa fever Pls stop telling lies, unless u have been living under a rock!
People are risking their lives to combat this disease and u come here to spill trash
I don't care how you feel but the truth is painful. Shikena
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by nickxtra(m): 9:20am On Jan 19, 2016
Excuzeme:

@nickxtra supports Buhari on "Principle" (I bet you dont even know what that means) ...... but on this singular and particular appointment, he disagrees.

That is how a principled person thinks/Acts.

Their actions are devoid of negative emotions like "tribal hatred and stereotypes"
Thanks for lecturing him
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Abel202: 9:24am On Jan 19, 2016
Buhari is an unrepentant ethnic bigot.
The worst type we have ever witnessed both in his previous military regime and this one.
Buhari just never changes.
To him the definition of Nigeria is only Northern Nigeria.
This kind of president will hasten the decoupling of this country.
I appreciate Buhari's corruption fight and the fight against terrorism, but his ethnic bigotry just makes it impossible to see him as a real Nigerian president. He is the president of Arewa republic and He is a calamity waiting to happen.
Funny enough his incredibly lopsided appointments in favour of the North will not and never lift the North out of poverty, only a well thought out policy scrupulously implemented will. This is why some of us view him with suspicion and he has never dissapointed - Tufia..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Billygee2u: 9:37am On Jan 19, 2016
kulikuli26:
These appointments are lopsided. There isn't any balance at all. This isn't how to be a leader. I just find it difficult to believe that Buhari is ignoring a lot of competent hands that worked so hard for the party's victory e.g Abike dabiri, wale Edun, Dele Alake, to mention a few. I hope his attention is been called to this anomaly.
grin[/color] grin grin grin grin[color=#006600] grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by onunwa21(m): 9:39am On Jan 19, 2016
NORTH............................PLUS ONE
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Billygee2u: 9:43am On Jan 19, 2016
nickxtra:
Oga, I understand your point, but the fact is, since the president assumed power, apart from the ministerial appointments, every other appointment, whether statutory or political appointments are tilted to the north, with pockets of appointments for the South. It is really disturbing to me, as a chronic supporter of the president.
hahaha grin grin grin you sai baba supporters are yet to see something.
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Billygee2u: 9:50am On Jan 19, 2016
Abel202:
Buhari is an unrepentant ethnic bigot.
The worst type we have ever witnessed both in his previous military regime and this one.
Buhari just never changes.
To him the definition of Nigeria is only Northern Nigeria.
This kind of president will hasten the decoupling of this country.
I appreciate Buhari's corruption fight and the fight against terrorism, but his ethnic bigotry just makes it impossible to see him as a real Nigerian president. He is the president of Arewa republic and He is a calamity waiting to happen.
Funny enough his incredibly lopsided appointments in favour of the North will not and never lift the North out of poverty, only a well thought out policy scrupulously implemented will. This is why some of us view him with suspicion and he has never dissapointed - Tufia..
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by magneto(m): 10:00am On Jan 19, 2016
doctokwus:

Mr man I don't know who u mistaking me for,but if by waking up, u mean going back to the likes of GEJ,then I rather be part of those that wud contribute money for Kanu to buy his much touted weapons to divide Nigeria.
Nigeria had better divide into as many parts as possible than have characters as jonathan ever rule us as a single entity again.Jonathan can rule your part of a divided nigeria as many years as possible,as long as he ain't ruling over me, I am OK.
PMB is not infallible and support for him doesn't mean I wud come here and support all his actions.
His appointments,though understable ,explainable and justifiable,have not been politically and nationally the best he cud do considering the times,circumstances and forces of destabization being sponsored by corrupt, defeated politicians/bizmen/ against him.

Ok I'm not trying to stalk by quoting u twice today, but ur above comment smirks of so much unnecessary hate for the man GEJ. Without showing any proof or evidence to buttress ur sentiments, u have unceremoniously portrayed him to gullible minds as incompetent and good for nothing. Why the hate bro?? Yes I agree that GEJ got it wrong on some fronts, especially with some of the ppl he "entrusted" with responsibilities, and I also think he was not tough enough in dealing with boko haram. But that still doesn't take away the fact that GEJ made a lot of giant strides in the areas of infrastructure, education, ICT and health....and on top all that he was detribalized. He knew wat it took to be a leader in a culturally diverse country like ours. If GEJ was so bad and detestable like u would have us believe, why is he still bagging humanitarian awards and accolades all over the world for his contributions as president? Or would u say that those giving him those awards are misguided or incompetent too? I ask u again bro.... What exactly do u have against GEJ that u display such hate openly? Meanwhile u find it so easy to make the above bolded statement, and not realize that it can go both ways. Smh
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by stuffs4me(m): 10:07am On Jan 19, 2016
ddippset:

Jonathan was trying to make the northerners love him but he failed to realise that they would always hate him as long as he was not one of them
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by drss(m): 10:12am On Jan 19, 2016
kenny987:

Electoral mistakes? Punished? Really? U amaze me with that statement. So a choice of candidate is now a mistake? So when a country goes to d polls those who do not vote d one who turns out winner have automatically made mistakes which should be punished but not forever? Nigerians!
see why we say sai baba disciples ar zombies their sense of reasoning is poor.
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by magneto(m): 10:22am On Jan 19, 2016
Laid2001:
You still dey cry over spilt milk.
GEJ has lost fair and square, deal with it.!

GEJ was raking in 4 time income from oil compared to what this government has been getting since inception on a monthly basis due to the favorable oil price of $100 and above during his time! Now oil price is below $30.

Yet GEJ was owing IOCs more than $5billion in cash calls for the JV operation. He ruined the economy and looted the treasury with reckless abandonment.

And he did not develop the North now SW preferentially as you want us to believe. For every project sited in the North or SW, there is an equal one SS or SE.

Bros I'm not crying over anything here, just responding to a comment made by the guy I quoted. Jonathan conceded defeat already and we are in buhari era now, no doubt abt dat. But for how long is this govt going to continue blaming GEJ for their inability to deliver the so called "change"? Assuming jonathan was still in power, wouldn't oil prices have dropped as it has now? On the issue of owing IOCs, doesn't it even slightly occur to u dat there may be more to the situation than meet the eye? Have u taken out time to find out the reasons behind certain actions (whether good or bad) d man took while in charge? Making statements like "he ruined the economy and looted the treasury with reckless abandon" is so grossly wrong and only displays unnecessary hate for d man. At least we know dat some of the good economic points buhari has scored so far was actually inherited from GEJ policies, so awry goes ur theory.
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Ama80(f): 10:22am On Jan 19, 2016
2n2k:

No. This is not a replacement for Mrs George. George is the Director-General of ndlea. She only acted as the chairman when Giade retired. The new appointee is the Chairman of ndlea in replacement of Giade. Mrs George will now revert to her substantive position as the DG of ndlea until she is replaced.
tnx for clarifying.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by MIM77(m): 10:31am On Jan 19, 2016
Pidggin:
I am not surprised, i knew it would be another Nothingner

The outgone NDLEA Boss was a southernern.
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by allthingsgood: 10:44am On Jan 19, 2016
jcross19:
I don't care how you feel but the truth is painful. Shikena

You wont know what truth is if it smacked you in the face. Bias and hate for Buhari will never let you see truth
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 19, 2016
adanny01:

Excuse me. You are outrightly biased.

It is easy for you to lump the entire north of 3 geopolitical zones with far more ethnic diversity but want SW and SS to be seen individually even when they are more homogenous.

If you lump the north together like they come from same village lump the south too if you really want to make an unbaised statement.

Are you this naive,its a simple maths the ratio is 90:10.
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by jcross19: 11:02am On Jan 19, 2016
allthingsgood:

You wont know what truth is if it smacked you in the face. Bias and hate for Buhari will never let you see truth
God forbid!!!!! Hate who? The truth is that sentiment have clouded the reason of truth in you.
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 19, 2016
In order for the president to appoint the people who will not disappoint him, it is natural to appoint people who he knows and trust most and who would be most loyal to him.

That is why many key appointments are going to retired Northern military officers.

But some of the biggest positions hasn't gone to the North.

Governor of CBN

Head of Services
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by shugaboy6102(m): 11:09am On Jan 19, 2016
crixtex:
Lol... old northern soldiers everywhere. .. lol.. ds Buhari thinks he wud b president forever.. he is already sowing a bad seed for his ethnic persuasion. .. hehehe.. time will tell...
So no yoloba person can man ds post.. Buhari ronu o.. ronu.. Awom yoloba ma se e o..
I share u views bro i was even against him when he gave the inec chair to the north because no westerner has even occupied that seat and now he has done same with this recent appointment.only time shall tell
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 19, 2016
Ope oooooo,,, thank God,,, shez gone, Mrs bode George is gone
Re: Buhari Appoints Muhammad Abdallah As NDLEA Boss by Brushless: 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2016
[quote author=ddippset post=42106926]Buhari uplifts his brothers from the north, more than the south while Jonathan uplifted northerners to the detriment of the southerners. Why he did this I could never understand. [/quo coolte]The fear of the devil is the beginning of wisdom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Panel To Grill DCP Kyari As US Issues Arrest Warrant / Ponzi Scheme: Chinmark Investor, Nuella Commits Suicide / Ajimobi Shuts Down Obasanjo Farms, Banks, University Press, Others In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.