Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Technology Could Kill 5 Million Jobs By 2020 - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Could Kill 5 Million Jobs By 2020 (568 Views)

Scientist Exterminate 5 Million Rats in Antarctic Island / Robot Automation Will 'take 800 Million Jobs By 2030 / World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Technology Could Kill 5 Million Jobs By 2020 by willywasco(m): 10:40pm On Jan 18, 2016
Five million jobs in the world’s leading economies could disappear over the next five years because of advances in technology.
Developments in artificial intelligence, robotics, and biotechnology, would disrupt the business world in a similar way to previous industrial revolutions, the World Economic Forum said in a report published Monday.
Administrative and white collar office jobs are most at risk from a “fourth industrial revolution,” the forum said on the eve of its annual meeting in Davos this week.
The impact of the tech revolution is the central topic of this year’s gathering of the world’s leaders and major business figures in the Swiss mountain resort.
The forum surveyed senior executives from over 350 of the biggest companies in 15 of the world’s major emerging and developed economies. Together, those economies account for 65% of the global workforce.
- See more at: http://nigerianpilot.com/technology-could-kill-5-million-jobs-by-2020/#sthash.0O0pP75s.dpuf

Re: Technology Could Kill 5 Million Jobs By 2020 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 19, 2016
yes, yes.
it is surely possible.
Re: Technology Could Kill 5 Million Jobs By 2020 by nigeriancuban: 6:23am On Jan 21, 2016
a few days back my voucher supplier came 2 ask why she no longer sees my messager that normally picks up card for me and I just told her I have changed pattern of buying card n she really looked sad coz I was buying #1500 every week but now I use online banking for it.
she just lost one big business customer brcause of technology.Even the banking halls are getting more emptier everyday

(1) (Reply)

Juno Probe Successfully Enters Jupiter's Orbit After 5 Year Mission / Come See What This 17years Old Boy Have For You / 5 Lessons From Mark Zuckerberg's Visit To Nigeria-putinofrussia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.