Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. (13239 Views)

Tecno Phones Are Not Working In USA, See Instant Solutions! / Computer Village: See Why Prices Of Mobile Phones Are On The Increase / Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile (2) (3) (4)

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by amAZEing: 4:30pm On Jan 19, 2016
Kamaye:
These 5 set of smartphones from Gionee are giving tecno mobile a sleepless night
Gionee M5
Gionee Splus
Gionee P5W
Gionee M3 mini
And yet to be released Gionee M5 mini.
I think it's a very development for we consumers, because each one of the listed phones is offering something special at a cheaper price than what Tecno can offer to consumers, that is why I said it is good for we consumers. Phantom 5 which was proved to be a failed project is eclipsed at the top by M5 while M3 mini would murder any low end phone Tecno. I am not hating on Tecno this is just a wake up call .

100% True

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by amAZEing: 4:32pm On Jan 19, 2016
KuliMart:
You forgot to add

Xiaomi RedMi Note 2
Xiaomi RedMi Note 3
UMI Rome
Etc

We are talking about brands with presence in Nigera, you are busy marketing your pooh, abi?
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Yorubago(f): 5:01pm On Jan 19, 2016
The interesting thing about this thread is that numerous paid gionee agents are on this thread so anyone who believes them is on her own
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by OnyeAraNdiIgbo(f): 5:54pm On Jan 19, 2016
So many fake agents sent by gionee here..

I better not take any advise from here...
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Orator2383: 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2016
Yorubago:
The interesting thing about this thread is that numerous paid gionee agents are on this thread so anyone who believes them is on her own
I just dey laugh. Honestly Gionee shills won't let us here word
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Oladipupo22: 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2016
OnyeAraNdiIgbo:
So many fake agents sent by gionee here..

I better not take any advise from here...

Asin ehn!!!
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Yorubago(f): 6:28pm On Jan 19, 2016
Orator2383:
I just dey laugh. Honestly Gionee shills won't let us here word

It's killing nii jare...
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by zzzzy: 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2016
Kamaye:
These 5 set of smartphones from Gionee are giving tecno mobile a sleepless night
Gionee M5
Gionee Splus
Gionee P5W
Gionee M3 mini
I think it's a very development for we consumers, because each one of the listed phones is offering something special at a cheaper price than what Tecno can offer to consumers, that is why I said it is good for we consumers. Phantom 5 which was proved to be a failed project is eclipsed at the top by M5 while M3 mini would murder any low end phone Tecno. I am not hating on Tecno this is just a wake up call .
i would agree with you that phantom 5 is a failure in terms of marketing (at least not what the company expected), but it's far better than gionee. And also what are the special things gionee offer?
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by mindtricks: 7:06pm On Jan 19, 2016
Kamaye:
Gionee M5
Gionee Splus
Gionee P5W
Gionee M3 mini

Guy make you no dey spoil some people show. Na some people job to dey promote the brand wey you just dey open their nyash.

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by mindtricks: 7:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
cooljude:
There is a truth to what that guy just said. Personally, i want Redmi 3 but it won't enter Nigeria anytime soon. Imagine the phone sold out in China less than a week.

Yet some local clowns here think they can compare them Xiaomi with all these local champion like Tecno.

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by parrotibaba(m): 7:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
It's fun seeing both gionee and tecno shills take out each other grin grin I bet none of them uses these phones

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by encryptjay(m): 7:44pm On Jan 19, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Yet they are still struggling to sell their products in Nigeria. Haven't you wonder why most Nigerians are reluctant to buy Gionee phones?
Their marketing strategy is bad. You can't compare their marketers with marketers of Infinix and Tecno.

Take infinix for example, if they are about to release a new device, you get to see their ads prowess .
Jumia
Konga
Blogs
On air ads
Events
MTN and Etisalat partnerships

These stuffs mentioned catapults Infinix and Tecno.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by ewosk: 8:08pm On Jan 19, 2016
The ONLY MAJOR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GIONEE M3 mini and TECNO L5 is that it has 4g which is not even functional in most areas because of network....

compare the price also.....so i.dont see what this whole fuss is about
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by scarr: 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
chegzyshade:
not going to engage in any argument with you, but how could it have ROM issue out of box? To me, the fone fail... Gionee m5 all the way

Don't get too worked up bro, due to d company always putting a chinese based rom( which they update later) ,importers of this phone ON THIER OWN( even importers here on NL can confirm that) Install English Roms( with no authenticity) which doesn't work well with the phone. Sorry about ur experience

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by scarr: 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
cooljude:
There is a truth to what that guy just said. Personally, i want Redmi 3 but it won't enter Nigeria anytime soon. Imagine the phone sold out in China less than a week.

mindtricks:

Yet some local clowns here think they can compare them Xiaomi with all these local champion like Tecno.

The phone actually sold out in seconds....can't wait to get my hands on dat phone, no be all dis dem dem infinix and tecno grade
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by BustScam: 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2016
This is just another thread opened to rubbish one brand that keeps soaring higher than everyone's imaginations...
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by cooljude(m): 8:34pm On Jan 19, 2016
scarr:

The phone actually sold out in seconds....can't wait to get my hands on dat phone, no be all dis dem dem infinix and tecno grade
honestly, they should open their store here. We need variety in our market.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 19, 2016
encryptjay:

Their marketing strategy is bad. You can't compare their marketers with marketers of Infinix and Tecno.

Take infinix for example, if they are about to release a new device, you get to see their ads prowess .
Jumia
Konga
Blogs
On air ads
Events
MTN and Etisalat partnerships

These stuffs mentioned catapults Infinix and Tecno.
Hmmm.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by encryptjay(m): 9:10pm On Jan 19, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Hmmm.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by KuliMart: 9:25pm On Jan 19, 2016
chegzyshade:
not going to engage in any argument with you, but how could it have ROM issue out of box? To me, the fone fail... Gionee m5 all the way

This is not from Xiaomi. It has to do with the seller. Many of them do install third party multi language ROM with normally have bugs.

Xiaomi installed a stable ROM out of box, sellers flash their multi language ROM. It will boils down you knowing where the problem is coming from.

There's a reason we render after sales service.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by KuliMart: 9:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
scarr:

Don't get too worked up bro, due to d company always putting a chinese based rom( which they update later) ,importers of this phone ON THIER OWN( even importers here on NL can confirm that) Install English Roms( with no authenticity) which doesn't work well with the phone. Sorry about ur experience

You're correct. He personally failed to ask the right question when He experienced it or the person He bought it from have no knowledge about what might be the problem. One of the benefit of buying from us is after sales service.

The reason for the multi language ROM is because many don't like seeing MI apps and some other Chinese app which isn't bad.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is hot selling phone in Asia as at now.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by KuliMart: 9:39pm On Jan 19, 2016
cooljude:

KuliMart is here to serve you sir.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Dam5reey(m): 10:59pm On Jan 19, 2016
greenhulk:

Don't mind them, they are complaining about price as if flagship specs come cheap. Gionee sell the watered down version of their phones in Nigeria and that is why it looks like its cheaper. The m5 sold in oversea is 3gb of ram and 32gb internal storage while they one they se in Nigeria only has 2gb of ram and 32gb internal storage. Even the gionee m5 that is sold in oversea is still no match for phantom 5.. It's still got that dreaded 720p display and no fingerprint sensor. And just look at the price... A whooping 121k for a mid range phone... Are u f**ing kidding me.

Get ur facts Right...
The only difference between the phones is finger print scanner and full HD...and 1 GB RAM...
Is that why phantom 5 cost 35k more...
That the price of Gionee Splus...

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by toocoded: 11:30pm On Jan 19, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
OP even tho i don't own a tecno device, what did say about the Phamtom 5? A failed project, i am seriously holding myself from dissing you, the phone stands tall and still sells, it's the phone most Xiomi, gionee, Infinix and Innjoo all want to beat but they haven't been able to.
Talking about premium phones, have u seen Gionee Elife E8 b4? Dat Phantom kinikan no fit stay 4 him side.

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 19, 2016
Dam5reey:

Get ur facts Right...
The only difference between the phones is finger print scanner and full HD...and 1 GB RAM...
Is that why phantom 5 cost 35k more...
That the price of Gionee Splus...

U call that the only difference? The fact is gionee m5 is a confirmed midrange phone while phantom 5 is nearing flagship. 1080p display and fingerprint scanner are not child's play, plus 3gb of RAM and 1.5ghz octacore vs 1.3 ghz quadcore of the m5. Also the internal memory of phantom 5 is 32gb vs 16gb of m5 The difference is very very clear.

Let me ask u, what's the difference between a Samsung Galaxy j7 and galaxy A8? They both run the same snapdragon 615. The only difference is the 0.5 extra RAM on the a8 and 1080p display vs 720p on the j7. Oh and the chip on the a8 is clocked higher. U wanna know what the price difference is? Check the picture below.

U also u need to know that the prices of these phones depend on the stores selling them. Some stores sell that underpowered m5 at 55k while some stores sell the phantom 5 for 76k. That's just 20k difference.

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by eazyraw(m): 1:16am On Jan 20, 2016
daphid25:

Mehn that phone is amazing
like seriously madt.. enjoying the lollipop gan ni o
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by scarr: 4:27am On Jan 20, 2016
KuliMart:

You're correct. He personally failed to ask the right question when He experienced it or the person He bought it from have no knowledge about what might be the problem. One of the benefit of buying from us is after sales service.

The reason for the multi language ROM is because many don't like seeing MI apps and some other Chinese app which isn't bad.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is hot selling phone in Asia as at now.
I'll prefer any importer I buy from to leave d phone as it is. I would fix any fixable by my self lol.
When would Redmi 3 be in stock?

cooljude:
I'm sure they would open a store in Nigeria this year, since they have conquered Asia, Africa would be thier next target
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by blym4real: 5:44am On Jan 20, 2016
cooljude:
we can get the xiaomi redmi note 3 for you at a very good price https://www.nairaland.com/2871186/cheapest-phones-tablets-partner-chinese
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by blym4real: 5:48am On Jan 20, 2016
mindtricks:

https://www.nairaland.com/2871186/cheapest-phones-tablets-partner-chinese
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by ibawon(m): 6:47am On Jan 20, 2016
greenhulk:

Tecno phantom 5 is a far better phone than gionee m5. Gionee people just like consoling themselves. Phantom 5 is moving towards flagship phone while gionee m5 is definitely a mid range phone.

2gb of RAM on m5 (the ones sold in Nigeria) vs 3gb of RAM in phantom 5.

720p display on m5 vs full HD 1080p on phantom 5. How can u have 720p on a 5.5 inch.. I can imagine the pixels on the display.

1.3ghz quad core on m5 vs 1.5ghz octacore on phantom 5.

Are we forgetting phantom 5 also has fingerprint sensor which the m5 can only dream of. How people say m5 is better really baffles me. It is better only in price which is to be expected as the specs have been reduced. If u want premium specs u got to splash the cash, Samsung,LG and htc will not sell their flagship phones for cheap. Accepted tecno is not Samsung or htc and that is why their flagship phone is almost half the price of Samsung's flagship phone.
Bro you've made your point, I work at yes mobile formally Slot Mobile. since I've started working there which made it 2 weeks yesterday I have only helped in selling one Tecno Phantom 5,3 Gionee M5 & 6 Gionee Splus. The thing is that the Tecno Phantom 5 is a great phone on paper because the only thing a customer can notice about it is the Finger print Scanner and the front flash and it gets slightly warm when handling which I think is normal, after work I had to place the three devices together and believe me the display of the Phantom 5 looked a washed out to that of the Gionee's especially the Splus. Moreover me selling the M5 is quite easy because most customers are not impressed by the phone "engine" but it's attributes for instance I show them the M5 charging two phones at a go and it being used as a remote. You need to come and see the way they droll at that particular feature & for the Splus having a type C port and a very slim and light body with the gold color it sells like pure water. One thing is that this devices are cheaper and their screen looks damn clearer than the Phantom 5 (but it has a very fast fingerprint scanner). We still got 12 Phantom 5 in Stock & I forgot to mention that I sold 5 Infinix Zero 3 in just 3 days after it arrived to our Outlet.
The point is that Nigerians love Tecno but are not yet ready for a finger print scanner phone what they need is a phone that has a milion mega pixel, a very sharp display and a super battery with some little gimmicks.
P.S Camon 8 is the King of Tecno devices selling like indomie,Phantom 5 is very powerful but most Nigerians are not ready for that device at that amount.

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by KuliMart: 7:55am On Jan 20, 2016
scarr:

I'll prefer any importer I buy from to leave d phone as it is. I would fix any fixable by my self lol.
When would Redmi 3 be in stock?

I'm sure they would open a store in Nigeria this year, since they have conquered Asia, Africa would be thier next target

After spring festival. That's next month.

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by osenbarak: 8:00am On Jan 20, 2016
I'm yet to see an MTK device at that price range to beat the C8 though.

eazyraw:
My camon c8 still rocking...

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Rooting An Android Phone / [video] TECNO Mobile Is A Global Brand – Slot CEO / 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54