Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,755 members, 7,806,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. (13236 Views)

Tecno Phones Are Not Working In USA, See Instant Solutions! / Computer Village: See Why Prices Of Mobile Phones Are On The Increase / Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by osenbarak: 8:01am On Jan 20, 2016
You can say this again.

daphid25:

Mehn that phone is amazing
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Dam5reey(m): 8:06am On Jan 20, 2016
greenhulk:

U call that the only difference? The fact is gionee m5 is a confirmed midrange phone while phantom 5 is nearing flagship. 1080p display and fingerprint scanner are not child's play, plus 3gb of RAM and 1.5ghz octacore vs 1.3 ghz quadcore of the m5. Also the internal memory of phantom 5 is 32gb vs 16gb of m5 The difference is very very clear.

Let me ask u, what's the difference between a Samsung Galaxy j7 and galaxy A8? They both run the same snapdragon 615. The only difference is the 0.5 extra RAM on the a8 and 1080p display vs 720p on the j7. Oh and the chip on the a8 is clocked higher. U wanna know what the price difference is? Check the picture below.

U also u need to know that the prices of these phones depend on the stores selling them. Some stores sell that underpowered m5 at 55k while some stores sell the phantom 5 for 76k. That's just 20k difference.

See the way you shoot your self

Judge this !!!!

Gionee M5 78 sold wooping sales Ahahaaaa 4 reviews please show us the screenshot of those reviews

63 likesss. Kilode na only Gionee M5 dey naija ni?
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Dam5reey(m): 8:29am On Jan 20, 2016
ibawon:

Bro you've made your point, I work at yes mobile formally Slot Mobile. since I've started working there which made it 2 weeks yesterday I have only helped in selling one Tecno Phantom 5,3 Gionee M5 & 6 Gionee Splus. The thing is that the Tecno Phantom 5 is a great phone on paper because the only thing a customer can notice about it is the Finger print Scanner and the front flash and it gets slightly warm when handling which I think is normal, after work I had to place the three devices together and believe me the display of the Phantom 5 looked a washed out to that of the Gionee's especially the Splus. Moreover me selling the M5 is quite easy because most customers are not impressed by the phone "engine" but it's attributes for instance I show them the M5 charging two phones at a go and it being used as a remote. You need to come and see the way they droll at that particular feature & for the Splus having a type C port and a very slim and light body with the gold color it sells like pure water. One thing is that this devices are cheaper and their screen looks damn clearer than the Phantom 5 (but it has a very fast fingerprint scanner). We still got 12 Phantom 5 in Stock & I forgot to mention that I sold 5 Infinix Zero 3 in just 3 days after it arrived to our Outlet.
The point is that Nigerians love Tecno but are not yet ready for a finger print scanner phone what they need is a phone that has a milion mega pixel, a very sharp display and a super battery with some little gimmicks.
P.S Camon 8 is the King of Tecno devices selling like indomie,Phantom 5 is very powerful but most Nigerians are not ready for that device at that amount.

Tecno failed when the roll out C8 with multitasking and lots if hardware and software issues, even after 5 updates na lie
They should have released C8 with 2GBRAM and 32Gb ROM full HD display sell at 35k
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 20, 2016
ibawon:

Bro you've made your point, I work at yes mobile formally Slot Mobile. since I've started working there which made it 2 weeks yesterday I have only helped in selling one Tecno Phantom 5,3 Gionee M5 & 6 Gionee Splus. The thing is that the Tecno Phantom 5 is a great phone on paper because the only thing a customer can notice about it is the Finger print Scanner and the front flash and it gets slightly warm when handling which I think is normal, after work I had to place the three devices together and believe me the display of the Phantom 5 looked a washed out to that of the Gionee's especially the Splus. Moreover me selling the M5 is quite easy because most customers are not impressed by the phone "engine" but it's attributes for instance I show them the M5 charging two phones at a go and it being used as a remote. You need to come and see the way they droll at that particular feature & for the Splus having a type C port and a very slim and light body with the gold color it sells like pure water. One thing is that this devices are cheaper and their screen looks damn clearer than the Phantom 5 (but it has a very fast fingerprint scanner). We still got 12 Phantom 5 in Stock & I forgot to mention that I sold 5 Infinix Zero 3 in just 3 days after it arrived to our Outlet.
The point is that Nigerians love Tecno but are not yet ready for a finger print scanner phone what they need is a phone that has a milion mega pixel, a very sharp display and a super battery with some little gimmicks.
P.S Camon 8 is the King of Tecno devices selling like indomie,Phantom 5 is very powerful but most Nigerians are not ready for that device at that amount.

U have made ur point. Normally even tecno does not expect the phantom 5 to sell as much as the camon c8. U know why? Because of the price. Normally mid range phones sell more units than flagship phones... But does that mean tecno should only make midrange and entry level phones? No.. They needed to step up and that is what they did with the phantom 5. Let gionee release a flagship phone with flagship specs and see if the price won't be same or more than that of phantom 5, then compare the sales and see if it won't drop.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 20, 2016
osenbarak:
I'm yet to see an MTK device at that price range to beat the C8 though.

Camon c8 is crap tbf. 16gb rom, 1gb of ram... What do u expect... Of course it should be cheap and people want cheap.

1 Like

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Zukoslim(m): 10:48am On Jan 20, 2016
ibawon:

plz hw much is gionee splus and zero 3
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Annkorede: 11:09am On Jan 20, 2016
Lol... Rubbish, infinix beside which tecno phone please?
Babanhajiya:
It is an established fact!!! however I will add Infinix phones to the list especially Hot 2 and Hot Note.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Annkorede: 11:10am On Jan 20, 2016
This seems to be pure hate on Tecno mehn, how on earth will you call Phantom 5 a failure.. Nawa oooo
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Annkorede: 11:14am On Jan 20, 2016
It not called cheap olodo.. It called afforrdable
greenhulk:

Camon c8 is crap tbf. 16gb rom, 1gb of ram... What do u expect... If course it should be cheap and people want cheap.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by mosjames: 11:14am On Jan 20, 2016
greenhulk:

Camon c8 is crap tbf. 16gb rom, 1gb of ram... What do u expect... If course it should be cheap and people want cheap.
I think increase in dollar made it expensive
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Annkorede: 11:16am On Jan 20, 2016
You are right jooor, but even at it price up to 7 people on my street use Phantom 5
greenhulk:

U have made ur point. Normally even tecno does not expect the phantom 5 to sell as much as the camon c8. U know why? Because of the price. Normally mid range phones sell more units than flagship phones... But does that mean tecno should only make midrange and entry level phones? No.. They needed to step up and that is what they did with the phantom 5. Let gionee release a flagship phone with flagship specs and see if the price won't be same or more than that of phantom 5, then compare the sales and see if it won't drop.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Annkorede: 11:17am On Jan 20, 2016
Olodo they didnt fail, the Phone is a perfect one
Dam5reey:

Tecno failed when the roll out C8 with multitasking and lots if hardware and software issues, even after 5 updates na lie
They should have released C8 with 2GBRAM and 32Gb ROM full HD display sell at 35k
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Annkorede: 11:21am On Jan 20, 2016
Phantom 5 Pass this phone no be lie abeg
Dam5reey:

Judge this !!!!

Gionee M5 78 sold wooping sales Ahahaaaa 4 reviews please show us the screenshot of those reviews

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Annkorede: 11:23am On Jan 20, 2016
Yea you are right
osenbarak:
You can say this again.

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Annkorede: 11:29am On Jan 20, 2016
True to you only oooo
amAZEing:

100% True
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by osenbarak: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2016
There is no competition here.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by osenbarak: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2016
Annkorede:
This seems to be pure hate on Tecno mehn, how on earth will you call Phantom 5 a failure.. Nawa oooo

I dont think it's just hate. It's ignorance too

2 Likes

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by osenbarak: 11:38am On Jan 20, 2016
greenhulk:

Cheap? It's affordable. Well optimised 1GB ram isn't crap. I'm not sure you have even used the device before sef.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by osenbarak: 11:41am On Jan 20, 2016
Dam5reey:

The point of the c8 was to make good camera quality reach the end users o. All these your mid-specs aren't entirely the point.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by osenbarak: 11:43am On Jan 20, 2016
Annkorede:
You are right jooor, but even at it price up to 7 people on my street use Phantom 5
I even saw someone inside keke using the space grey Phantom 5 yesterday. And they say it didn't sell. Rubbish talk.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Ryanxu: 11:48am On Jan 20, 2016
gionee P5w win infinix hot 2
gionee M5mini win infinix hot note

gionee will use P5w and M5mini to win infinix hot 2/ hot note

Babanhajiya:
It is an established fact!!! however I will add Infinix phones to the list especially Hot 2 and Hot Note.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by osenbarak: 11:49am On Jan 20, 2016
Ryanxu:
gionee P5w win infinix hot 2
gionee M5mini win infinix hot note

gionee will use P5w and M5mini to win infinix hot 2/ hot note

Well, that's where their competition can reach. With infinix. Gionee is not even Tecno's mate.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by osenbarak: 11:55am On Jan 20, 2016
Annkorede:
Olodo they didnt fail, the Phone is a perfect one
Baba, ignore the gbeske
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 20, 2016
osenbarak:

Cheap? It's affordable. Well optimised 1GB ram isn't crap. I'm not sure you have even used the device before sef.

Hey I'm not saying its crap OK. It is an entry level phone which is OK. And why would I use it when I have phones that have 3 times the ram, 5 times more powerful processor and 3 times better camera. I'm just saying affordable phones tend to sell more than high end phones especially in 3rd world countries. Got it?
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Annkorede: 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
Lol... Am sure u ont even know what you talking about self
osenbarak:

Well, that's where their competition can reach. With infinix. Gionee is not even Tecno's mate.
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Annkorede: 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hehe, Okay I will sir
osenbarak:

Baba, ignore the gbeske
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Annkorede: 12:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
Yes oooo, tecno is actually not any of them mate
osenbarak:

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by fotadmowmend(m): 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
Where can I get gionee products in Kwara state
Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 20, 2016
Dam5reey:

Judge this !!!!

See this is where u are wrong.

First, the sales are dependent on the sellers. There are different sellers on Konga and jumia and just because the one I posted had 78 m5 sold doesn't mean phantom 5 doesn't sell. Oya check picture below for for 38 successful sales of phantom 5 from one particular seller.

Secondly, it is no news that mid range and entry level phones generate more sales than flagship phones. Do u think Nokia sells more flagship phones than their low end affordable phones? The best selling Samsung phone till date is not their galaxy s series but Samsung E1100. There are far more people that can afford cheaper phones than expensive phones, so u will always expect affordable phones to sell more, but the money they make from each sales is something else. Tecno camon c8 has more sales than gionee m5 if u want to know. Likewise other tecno entry level and mid range phones.

Nobody expected the phantom 5 to sell high figures. It is tecno's first attempt at a premium phone and to be honest the sales are satisfactory. Tecno is no Samsung that expect their galaxy s series to sell tens of millions units. Samsung did not start today, the money Samsung spends on advert alone is enough to buy all the tecno phantom 5 that tecno produced. Do u know how much Samsung spends on advert at the Superbowl alone? Google is ur friend. So brother, phantom 5 holds its ground, it has satisfactory sales and this is only the beginning.

If u think I'm a tecno fanboy then u are wrong, I use other brands, but if I have to choose between the m5 and phantom 5 I'll buy the phantom 5. I don't like 720p phones with 2gb of ram sold at almost 50k... That is a rip off.

1 Like

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Dam5reey(m): 5:25pm On Jan 20, 2016
greenhulk:

See this is where u are wrong.

First, the sales are dependent on the sellers. There are different sellers on Konga and jumia and just because the one I posted had 78 m5 sold doesn't mean phantom 5 doesn't sell. Oya check picture below for for 38 successful sales of phantom 5 from one particular seller.

Secondly, it is no news that mid range and entry level phones generate more sales than flagship phones. Do u think Nokia sells more flagship phones than their low end affordable phones? The best selling Samsung phone till date is not their galaxy s series but Samsung E1100. There are far more people that can afford cheaper phones than expensive phones, so u will always expect affordable phones to sell more, but the money they make from each sales is something else. Tecno camon c8 has more sales than gionee m5 if u want to know. Likewise other tecno entry level and mid range phones.

Nobody expected the phantom 5 to sell high figures. It is tecno's first attempt at a premium phone and to be honest the sales are satisfactory. Tecno is no Samsung that expect their galaxy s series to sell tens of millions units. Samsung did not start today, the money Samsung spends on advert alone is enough to buy all the tecno phantom 5 that tecno produced. Do u know how much Samsung spends on advert at the Superbowl alone? Google is ur friend. So brother, phantom 5 holds its ground, it has satisfactory sales and this is only the beginning.

If u think I'm a tecno fanboy then u are wrong, I use other brands, but if I have to choose between the m5 and phantom 5 I'll buy the phantom 5. I don't like 720p phones with 2gb of ram sold at almost 50k... That is a rip off.

Nice come back... M5, Worth its price 46k, But Phantom 5 does not worth 76k
See what I'm paying extra 30k for:
What is the difference between 294ppi and 267 ppi, the Difference is not noticeable
2 GB rams Handles All Heavy games for now..
No one is using the finger print scanner, it cannot register my sim lol

Ahaha 30k Go buy you another phone, C8.

4 Likes

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
Dam5reey:

What is the difference between 294ppi and 267 ppi, the Difference is not noticeable

If u dey argue at least dey argue with facts. Phantom 5 has 401ppi. Are u ignorant or u deliberately reduced it to 294ppi just to make the M5 look good.

1 Like

Re: These Phones Are Tecno's Nightmare. by daphid25(m): 6:24pm On Jan 20, 2016
Dam5reey:

Choosing M5 over Phantom5 is like choosing Golf over Lamborghini shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Get Free 1GB And 100MB On MTN / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Rooting An Android Phone / 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.