Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

What Language Do They Speak? Football? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Language Do They Speak? Football? (1880 Views)

Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference / When Is Vincent Enyeama Going To Be Able To Speak French? / Van Gaal Makes It Compulsory For Manchester United Players To Speak English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Language Do They Speak? Football? by Mustay(m): 1:26am On Oct 28, 2006
've noticed in football games where d teams come from different continent especially d uefa champions league where d players exchange pleasantries @ the end of games, what language do they speak? I know most of these footballers know different languages but what in d world could Tevez be speaking to Drogba during d world cup cos d guy uses a Translator @ West Ham, Bolton is quite a funny team cos they've a lot of nationals there tht I begin to wonder how the coach could cope! Over to u guys
Re: What Language Do They Speak? Football? by tosinadeda: 2:38am On Oct 28, 2006
Shevi is married 2 an american model and he cant speak english.so how do they communicate.
Re: What Language Do They Speak? Football? by iice(f): 4:58pm On Oct 28, 2006
My question exactly! i always ask my bro, do they even understand each other? What about if the coach wants to relay something during the match and he's shouting, what language is he using because many teams have a real big variety of nationals.
Re: What Language Do They Speak? Football? by CrazyMan(m): 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2006
Humm
i think everyone speaks his own language.
It's just that if you feel that your partner doesn't understand what you are saying,
you can begin to make use of signals.
that's why at some in some matches, when a coach wants to give a vital information and doesn't want to wast his time speaking a language which very few of his squad understands, he makes use of signals.
Re: What Language Do They Speak? Football? by IroroRoyal(f): 2:36am On Oct 29, 2006
"Football we all speak ONE language" cool cool
Re: What Language Do They Speak? Football? by Mustay(m): 8:30am On Oct 29, 2006
It's quite funny though but can u remember d Fifa11 vs Uefa which had different players and i begin 2 wonder aw d coach coped even though it was a charity match. I mean what does shevchenko say2 d referees? Aw does kevin nolan talk with diouf or nakata? I feel for big sam maybe that's y he usually seats on d stands. But I think football's language is ENGLISH- THEY INVENTED D GAME and maybe that's y Sepp Blatter&Issa Hayatou 've both learnt english- even henry,drogba and other french imports now speak it
Re: What Language Do They Speak? Football? by Dike1(m): 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2006
Our own Jay Jay Okocha speaks up to five languages including french and German. But there is one language not many other people speak more fluently that him: FOOTBALL.
Re: What Language Do They Speak? Football? by tck2000(m): 7:44pm On May 29, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Uruguay Vs. Korea Republic : [2 - 1] June 26th @ World Cup 2010 / Akwa Ibom New Stadium Work In Progress (videos) / Enyeama Is Europe’s Best Goalkeeper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.