Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,838 members, 7,798,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed (11778 Views)

N-power Is A Social Intervention Programme For The Unemployed In Nigeria. / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates / 5 Smart Things Unemployed Graduates Can Do To Survive In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by zinachidi(m): 7:33am On Jan 19, 2016
The Ministry of Labour and Productivity has partnered the Zinox Group, an indigenous Information and Communications Technology firm, to build a database of the unemployed in the 774 Local Government Councils of the country.
This is coming on the heels of plans by the Federal Government to create jobs for the unemployed in the country.
The Minister of Labour and Productivity, Dr. Chris Ngige, had decried the fact that the ministry did not have credible database of unemployment in its various forms, according to a statement by the ministry on Monday.
The minister gave an assurance that the ministry would roll out its programme on employment generation once the 2016 budget was passed.
“By the end of the first quarter, we will hit the ground running,” Ngige was quoted as saying.
While citing Yudala that has employed 420 graduates as an example, the Chairman, Zinox Group, Dr. Leo Stan Ekeh, said that a database of the unemployed could be built without incurring expenses.
He explained that Zinox was looking forward to collaborating with the ministry to build a national database where the unemployed in the 774 LGs could register their profiles for easy access to employers.

Ekeh, who led the organisation’s management team on a courtesy visit to the ministry, added that the platform would create avenues for qualified graduates to be located for employment irrespective of where they resided.
He said that his decision to seek collaboration with the ministry was borne out of the need to reduce to the barest the unprecedented rate of unemployment in Nigeria.
Ekeh expressed worry that quite a lot of Nigerians were either unemployed or underemployed.
“The biggest challenge in the industry is to find qualified people; there are graduates but they don’t have skills; we think we can change things around,” he added.

Ngige reiterated the determination of the government to tackle unemployment, adding that the skill acquisition centres spread across the country would be resuscitated for the use of unemployed Nigerian youths to acquire relevant skills.
According to him, the ministry’s is ready to collaborate with any organisation willing to assist in creating jobs, stressing that working with Zinox would in no small measure lead to the creation of jobs for the teeming unemployed youths in the country.

lalasticlala

www.punchng.com/ministry-zinox-build-database-unemployed/

2 Likes

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by teebaxy(m): 11:16am On Jan 19, 2016
Joblessness Don make me enter the ftc record, baba please pickup my call shocked

9 Likes

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by Airforce1(m): 11:17am On Jan 19, 2016
IN BUHARI I TRUST

6 Likes

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 19, 2016
Great
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by Slyr0x: 11:17am On Jan 19, 2016
Why can't we have a consolidated database as a country?

CBN is building theirs with the BVN.
NIMC is building theirs.
The telcos are building theirs.
Nigeria Immigration Service has theirs.

This might just be another avenue to siphon funds.

SMH

14 Likes

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by ionsman: 11:17am On Jan 19, 2016
Slowly but surely.

1 Like

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by looseweight: 11:18am On Jan 19, 2016
Zinox all the way.

Partnering with zinox computers is a good way to start appreciating our indigenous companies..

12 Likes

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by Integrityfarms(m): 11:18am On Jan 19, 2016
Whatbare the practical indices for the unemployed and the underemployed detection . Because the two will always clash and lead to very bogus unemployment data. Anyway am optimistic that the whole exercise won't be a sham and the result will be adequately used.

1 Like

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:18am On Jan 19, 2016
Isn't there any one else who is tired of these 'to do','will do','to build'?...Is 7 months not enough time for us to begin to hear stuffs like 'have done','have built'?.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 19, 2016
that I guess would run into petabytes of data...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by emilyone(f): 11:19am On Jan 19, 2016
At last

A step in the right direction cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by mamaafrik(m): 11:19am On Jan 19, 2016
Hmmm,itz gonna be cool if done sincerely
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by Charliewyt: 11:20am On Jan 19, 2016
There is a realistic hope for the unemployed and under-employed youths in Nigeria, if they impliment the idea.

Ndi igbo na-ekwu si "amuo nwoke, ya buru nwoke";
Dr. Chris Ngige na-eme ihe ka nwoke.

1 Like

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by uwa244(m): 11:20am On Jan 19, 2016
A very welcome development. Am happy the FG is using a local company for this project.

3 Likes

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 19, 2016
[b]That's great. Make we know how far, I beg.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by chimoskyg(m): 11:20am On Jan 19, 2016
A sure way to dispense the 5k stipend grin
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 19, 2016
It wont be easy as promised... There will be so many ''GHOST Unemployed Youths'' and there will be loads of Scam...

Nigeria's got no database of whatsoever...
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by bqlekan(m): 11:20am On Jan 19, 2016
It's not all about building, it's all about maintaining it. Looking forward to hearing the amount budgeted for it... undecided

1 Like

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by mrlaw93(m): 11:20am On Jan 19, 2016
ABEG! MAKE UNA DASH BUHARI LIKES JOR.. The man is making impact.

4 Likes

[b]That's great. Make we know how far, I beg.
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by onatisi(m): 11:21am On Jan 19, 2016
grin another contract be dat ooo

Ppl should wait till they hear the cost of this project
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by asumo12: 11:21am On Jan 19, 2016
ZINOX kwa!!!

undecided undecided undecided

shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by mark2nv2002: 11:21am On Jan 19, 2016
How do you build a database without a data-center facility....Partner with the right guys man...wise up
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by thefakestan: 11:22am On Jan 19, 2016
If Innosson should get patronage like (Zinox A.G.I.P.)
Toyota will be a thing of the past on Nigerian roads.

ThefakeStan

4 Likes

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by jmoore(m): 11:23am On Jan 19, 2016
The no of unemployed to be found in the database will be greater than the population of Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by tommykiwi(m): 11:24am On Jan 19, 2016
Airforce1:
IN BUHARI I TRUST
Seeing is believing oooo....because anytin from APC now is fraud and lies.
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by enigma2007(m): 11:25am On Jan 19, 2016
mark2nv2002:
How do you build a database without a data-center facility....Partner with the right guys man...wise up

and why do you need a data center facility for that? Database can be hosted anywhere inasmuch they can secure it properly.
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by abumeinben(m): 11:26am On Jan 19, 2016
Database ahn!?

What happens when the unemployed gets a job 2 months after? Or would there be a link between employers and the unemployed database?

Was there supposed to have been round network among the NLC, NPC, NUC, NANS, INEC, and the Banks?

Speaking of Zinox Technology, if we had(or have, maybe) a working government, Zinox computers would have been our national carrier in the Banks, ministries, schools, hospitals and the likes. Also reminds me of Innoson vehicles. I don't wanna see Toyota as government cars no more. No more BMWs, Benz, Hyundai, Peugeot for govt officials.
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by pat077: 11:27am On Jan 19, 2016
I reserve my comment.
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by tolexy007(m): 11:27am On Jan 19, 2016
Airforce1:
IN BUHARI I TRUST
IN GOD I TRUST tongue
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by scobyy2007: 11:31am On Jan 19, 2016
Now everyone will claim to be unemployed, making the database invalid
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by 7footre(m): 11:31am On Jan 19, 2016
Our5k!!! Can't wait for the monthly alert!! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Job Without Offer Letter / What Did You Do With Your First Salary? / NCDMB Training With Dorman Long Engineering Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.