Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,360 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide (48270 Views)

Central Bank Wants Shell Banks Abolished In Nigeria / Why Union Bank Wants To Raise Capital- Nairametrics / Help! Bank Wants To Finish My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Babysho(m): 12:41pm On Jan 19, 2016
My dad deposited 30k inside my acct not knowing that as a savings account holder I shouldn't exceed 20k deposit limit....so they deactivated my acct...

I went to the bank with NEPA bill for solution......they said I have to upgrade my acct.. But I can't use NEPA bill only......they said I need sch Id card or national passport or voters card or residence permit...I don't have all those...

Please what can I do.....the bank guys refuse to help me out ohhh....help me my nairalanders.....

My dad said if my elder bro who has his ID card and admsn letter goes with me....they'll upgrade it for me....pls how true is this....we would have gone to confirm...but we have only 'to' transport... No 'fro'....so we don't get stranded....

please help out guys....

I am suppose to be at school receiving lectures but my sch fee and t-fare is in my bloody access bank acct

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by misspicy(f): 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2016
cc lalasticlala

modified...

though i have no idea of what OP should do,I did my quota as a patriotic nairalander and called lalasticlala to help his cause but not even 1like for me....

Nairalanders una DOoo angry

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Babysho(m): 1:06pm On Jan 19, 2016
misspicy:
cc lalasticlala

Thank You....and do you know any Nairalander that's a banker that can help plssss
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Creamish(f): 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
Babysho:
My dad deposited 30k inside my acct not knowing that as a savings account holder I shouldn't exceed 20k deposit limit....so they deactivated my acct...

I went to the bank with NEPA bill for solution......they said I have to upgrade my acct.. But I can't use NEPA bill only......they said I need sch Id card or national passport or voters card or residence permit...I don't have all those...

Please what can I do.....the bank guys refuse to help me out ohhh....help me my nairalanders.....

My dad said if my elder bro who has his ID card and admsn letter goes with me....they'll upgrade it for me....pls how true is this....we would have gone to confirm...but we have only 'to' transport... No 'fro'....so we don't get stranded....

please help out guys....

I am suppose to be at school receiving lectures but my sch fee and t-fare is in my bloody access bank acct

Hello,

Here are some possible solutions:

1. Write to the bank through their contact center and lodge your complaint at [email]contactcenter@accessbankplc.com[/email] or you can call on these lines 0700CallAccess (07002255222377), +234 1- 2712005-7, +234 1-2802500

2. Ask to speak with the Head of Operations in the branch you make your transactions and let him assist.

3. Write to close your account if none of the above works. When your account is closed, you will have your full balance paid to you. CBN has mandated no account closure charge. You can then proceed to open a new account elsewhere if you choose but always remember the class of account you operate so u can correctly inform anyone making a deposit into it.

I'd like to know tho.. what kind of ID card do U have?

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by IamLucy(f): 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Ussyyn(m): 1:22pm On Jan 19, 2016
Struggle for the tfare bro and that the only way you can get your money back because all this banks are strict in term of all this kind tin..

and by the way you said you are a student then why dont you have ID card at least you should have one?? Or are you still in secondary school? *just saying***

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by cruzita(f): 1:23pm On Jan 19, 2016
break the ATM collect 20k waka na

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Babysho(m): 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2016
Creamish:

Hello,

Here are some possible solutions:

1. Write to the bank through their contact center and lodge your complaint at [email]contactcenter@accessbankplc.com[/email] or you can call on these lines 0700CallAccess (07002255222377), +234 1- 2712005-7, +234 1-2802500

2. Ask to speak with the Head of Operations in the branch you make your transactions and let him assist.

3. Write to close your account if none of the above works. When your account is closed, you will have your full balance paid to you. CBN has mandated no account closure charge. You can then proceed to open a new account elsewhere if you choose but always remember the class of account you operate so u can correctly inform anyone making a deposit into it.

I'd like to know tho.. what kind of ID card do U have?

Thanks So Much

Polytechnic Of Ibadan student ID card.....but the bank dude I gave turned the back of the card and said the card was only valid for 2014/2015 only and we are in 2016 so he said I can't use it.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Creamish(f): 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2016
Babysho:

Thanks So Much

Polytechnic Of Ibadan student ID card.....but the bank dude I gave turned the back of the card and said the card was only valid for 2014/2015 only and we are in 2016 so he said I can't use it.

Well...it is expired but I still believe for the class of account u operate, a third party identification should suffice..from someone who has an account with Access bank tho. When are you likely to get your student ID renewed?

Try and get a valid ID too. (Driver's License, International Passport, Voter's card, National ID). It's very very important.

I don't think your account was deactivated. It probably just has a restriction placed on it...pending regularization.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Babysho(m): 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2016
Ussyyn:
Struggle for the tfare bro and that the only way you can get your money back because all this banks are strict in term of all this kind tin..

and by the way you said you are a student then why dont you have ID card at least you should have one?? Or are you still in secondary school? *just saying***

I am in a polytechnic but the ID card I was given has a valid use for 2014/2015 only and we are already in 2016 so......unless I go back to school maybe we are to be given a new ID card I do not know because my t-fare to sch is with "NoAccess Bank"

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Babysho(m): 1:37pm On Jan 19, 2016
Creamish:

Well...it is expired but I still believe for the class of account u operate, a third party identification should suffice..from someone who has an account with Access bank tho. When are you likely to get your student ID renewed?

Try and get a valid ID too. (Driver's License, International Passport, Voter's card, National ID). It's very very important.

I'll try to go to the bank with my bro tmrw.
I am not sure when I'll get a new student ID card..probably around February.

Driver's License....lol...that's not an option...
International Passport...sounds like big money..
Voter's card....that's after 3 years abi...
National ID......very difficult to get around here.

I jus want my money and to go to sch to meet my friends in class embarassed cry

But thank you sha

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Ussyyn(m): 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2016
Babysho:

I am in a polytechnic but the ID card I was given has a valid use for 2014/2015 only and we are already in 2016 so......unless I go back to school maybe we are to be given a new ID card I do not know because my t-fare to sch is with "NoAccess Bank"

thou Polytechnic ID card do last for a year but i think if you can show them that also they might be able to consider your request and take that a an evidence but the problem i see you facing now is the Transport fare.... sad

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Creamish(f): 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2016
Babysho:

I'll try to go to the bank with my bro tmrw.
I am not sure when I'll get a new student ID card..probably around February.

Driver's License....lol...that's not an option...
International Passport...sounds like big money..
Voter's card....that's after 3 years abi...
National ID......very difficult to get around here.

I jus want my money and to go to sch to meet my friends in class embarassed cry

Ok then. Good luck tomorrow. wink

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Babysho(m): 1:44pm On Jan 19, 2016
Ussyyn:

thou Polytechnic ID card do last for a year but i think if you can show them that also they might be able to consider your request and take that a an evidence but the problem i see you facing now is the Transport fare.... sad

I already went to the bank with my Polytechnic ID card but because of the validity..one of them bankers pronounced it void.
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Babysho(m): 1:49pm On Jan 19, 2016
Creamish:

Ok then. Good luck tomorrow. wink

Okay thanks very much for your help.

.please are you a 100% sure that if I tell em that I want to close my account...I ll be refunded my exact #30,216 that's there?

5 Likes

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Strahovski1(m): 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2016
You cannot close a restricted account without an ID.

Get a valid id

5 Likes

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Creamish(f): 1:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
Babysho:

Okay thanks very much for your help.

.please are you a 100% sure that if I tell em that I want to close my account...I ll be refunded my exact #30,120 that's there?

Yes.
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Creamish(f): 1:55pm On Jan 19, 2016
Strahovski1:

Get a valid id

Yes u can. Know your rights. If you choose not to operate with a bank anymore, they cannot hold your funds cos u can sue them. We are talking about a restriction placed due to the class of the account and ID requirements...not a Garnishee order.

10 Likes

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Babysho(m): 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2016
Creamish:

Yes.

Lastly please....I just explained to my dad about this stuff.... He said the refunding process can take up to 3-4days.....is it true??....I want my money on the spot because tmrw I'll be exhaustin my last cash......God...why did I choose Access...of all banks in Nigeria.... What's wrong with me....arhhhhh.....and I have a heart conditn...you people wanto kill me?

11 Likes

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Babysho(m): 2:10pm On Jan 19, 2016
Strahovski1:

Get a valid id

God!

I hope this isn't true oh.....but...but...its my money now....
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Creamish(f): 2:11pm On Jan 19, 2016
Babysho:

Lastly please....I just explained to my dad about this stuff.... He said the refunding process can take up to 3-4days.....is it true??....I want my money on the spot because tmrw I'll be exhaustin my last cash......God...why did I choose Access...of all banks in Nigeria.... What's wrong with me....arhhhhh.....and I have a heart conditn...you people wanto kill me?

Calm down.

I don't know about Access Bank's policies on these things but account closure should take a day..not 3-4 days. Speak with the Head Of Operations. I hope for your sake, he/she is an empathetic fellow.

5 Likes

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by mebad(m): 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2016
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by demarc001: 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2016
No
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by rollUP(m): 2:24pm On Jan 19, 2016
G
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by dustydee: 2:25pm On Jan 19, 2016
Suicide because of deactivated account? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by bettercreature(m): 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2016
Make a plastic id card and go there with Nepa bill or survey plan

Plastic id card cost 500naira

I had the same problem with UBA in 2006, but it was 1 million naira not 20k

After threating to withdraw all the money and close the account,they just told me to withdraw 10k out of the money to make it 990k then they reactivated it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by frisky2good(m): 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2016
When did 30k deposit limit start?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by ademega(m): 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2016
enya
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2016
God won't ask u y u committed suicide or who made u do it, all u will be ask to do is to walk straight to d Left.............

9 Likes

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by UTMOST10(m): 2:28pm On Jan 19, 2016
Don't try it! If u do your hell license will be issue to you free of charge.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) / Man In Suit Selling Egg & Noodles In Lagos (Pictured) / Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.