Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Importing European Wine Into Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Importing European Wine Into Nigeria (24967 Views)

Start Importing Laptops Into Nigeria And Keep Making The Money (INTRO) / The Best Items To Import Into Nigeria (selling @ Wholesale) / Guidelines For Importing Goods Into Nigeria (clearing Your Goods) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by realnaija(m): 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2009
Hi Guys/Girls,

I used to be a beer drinker and I am now finding that I prefer both red and white wine and have stopped drinking beer.
A lot of Naijas abroad, have also switched to Wine.

What I would like to know is there a big enough market to import wine into Nigeria?
There is still a big beer and Stout drinking culture I know. But when I was last in Nigeria 2 years ago I saw a lot of middle class people drinking wine (OK only in Lagos) but it was mostly south African wine and not very good quality.

I know I would need to come back to ascertain if there is a market. And if so find out how I can sell wholesale.

Any feedback please.
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by realnaija(m): 11:20am On Jun 24, 2009
Please advise required
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by dchinky(m): 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2009
Hello Real Naija,
Compliments of the day.The market for foreign wines is big and lucrative.The biz entails a lot of legwork and money.I know someone that wants to import spanish wines and u have to get the necessary papers from NAFDAC before u start anything.Then it was about 800k to get d papers but i don't know for now.ASPAMDA's a ready market and am sure once d goods come through they will always clear them.I hope my reply answers your question.Have a great day
dchinky
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by realnaija(m): 2:30pm On Jun 30, 2009
Thank you for your advice. Will NAFDAC need samples to test before they approve and grant a license?

Many people I've spoken to, have indicated they will buy off me if I bring back some wine(we are talking from 10 to 100 bottles)
But I will rather sell wholesale and get my cash upfront rather than selling it bit by bit. plus I don't have a shop and don't want the hassle of holding stock.
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by niassawa(f): 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2010
@ RealNaija,

I want to know how far you have gone about the Importation of Foreign Wine to Nigeria.
Any Up date? I also want to go into it,

Regards
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by realnaija(m): 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2011
Hi all after a long hiatus, things are looking a lot brighter.

I have now been given exclusive license to import and distribute a prize winning wine in the West African sub region.

The next step is the NAFDAC registration, as I have already registered a LTD company.

After checking the NAFDAC website, is anyone familiar with the cost of registering a product and the time frame?

So fingers crossed all the way
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by realnaija(m): 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2011
Sorry Niassawa I will try to put as much information and a step by step guide, without compromising my personal business
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by Thethy(m): 12:47pm On May 02, 2011
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by Merrilyn(f): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2011
Hi Realnaija, I just got to reading your posts. Presently have you brought in your wine yet? I will be interested in marketing. There is real market for wines in naija. I have been in it for a couple of months with a brand that someone brought in. the market is wide, the earlier to break in the better, its just this our NAFDAC rates that is really slowing things down here. hope to hear from u soonest.
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by loracle: 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2011
@merrilyn- are you in based in lagos?
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by loracle: 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2011
Would like to touch base with @niassawa and @realnaija!!!!! You guys ain't been on this forum for a while, thanks.
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by Iyke74: 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2011
Hi Merrilyn, i am also working on getting into the wine importation business albeit from South Africa for now. Maybe you could get in touch because i could do with some marketing consultations. Hoping to hear from you ASAP.
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by loracle: 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2011
@iyke- hope all is well. Have you been able to secure your NAFDAC import license (to import SA wine) yet? If so, how difficult was it to get? Thanks.
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by Iyke74: 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2011
Hi loracle,

I'm sorry i'm still at the preparatory stage so i'm still involved in information gathering. I also heard there is NAFDAC license involved but i don't know the details yet.

Cheers.
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by Fungerol(m): 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2011
Hi guys,

I have been in the wine importation business for the last three years now, i do understand how competitive
the business has become these days.
But am open to any kind of partnership on my already Nafdac registerd brand from Spain that is on sale in Nigerian mkt now.
As i have come to realise that it's better to be a little part of a big institution than to be on your own strogling.
The reason is because of finance as you can understand that to import is not the only question the costorm duty and levy
is 50% of your total import cost.
You dont need to think about all those regulations because it has already been done, all we need is colaboration and catch in on
this already moving train.
I am now in talks with my Spanish parent company about Brandy to see if i can also bring to Nigeria, you can also be part on this if you wish . Go to my blog at winebellaespanola..com or tropicallinks@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by feelamong(m): 6:09pm On Jan 27, 2012
Ros N Anfield Ltd is a wine and Champangne importer based in Lagos, and supplier of fine wines throughout Nigeria. As an independent wine merchant, we seek to provide a high level of service linked to the best possible price.

As a leading wine merchant, we try to offer the very best from the best wine making regions, , stocking many fine wines from across the globe, from California white wines to vintage Spanish red wines. Most of our wines come from long established family owned wineries, including Wente Morning Fog Chardonnay, Kendall Jacksons Vinters Reserve, El Coto Crianza and Marques De Murrieta.

We wish to bring to the market MARQUES DEL TURIA (Bobal Syrah) Red and White Wine AND MONOPOLE CHAMPAGNE!!

We also arrange delivery for those of us outside lagos at a good cost.

Price is N3,000 per carton of six For the Wine(Negotiable)

N8,000 per carton for the Champange

Any questions just contact us:
Email; info@rosnanfield.com
Telephone 08072868181

1 Share

Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:59am On Jan 31, 2012
we still await your orders!!! cool
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by feelamong(m): 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2012
Ros N Anfield Ltd is a wine and Champangne importer based in Lagos, and supplier of fine wines throughout Nigeria. As an independent wine merchant, we seek to provide a high level of service linked to the best possible price.

As a leading wine merchant, we try to offer the very best from the best wine making regions, , stocking many fine wines from across the globe, from California white wines to vintage Spanish red wines. Most of our wines come from long established family owned wineries, including Wente Morning Fog Chardonnay, Kendall Jacksons Vinters Reserve, El Coto Crianza and Marques De Murrieta.

We wish to bring to the market MARQUES DEL TURIA (Bobal Syrah) Red and White Wine AND MONOPOLE CHAMPAGNE!!

Telephone 08072868181
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:51am On Feb 09, 2012

Telephone 08072868181
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:35am On Mar 07, 2012

Telephone 08099155330
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by imomexport: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
IMEXPORT is a spanish company engaged in export of new products, one of them is new type of wine. This is a high quality sparkling wine (cava or champagne-like) obtained from a grape variety: GrĂ¼ner-Veltiner and Welschriesling (Austria), which gives this excellent sparkling body which, to refine your bouquet; have been added tiny flakes of 22-carat edible gold.

Bright gold color, with fine bubbles, persistent, with hints of gold peach aromas with hints of lemon.

The edible gold is the latest trend in haute cuisine. Traditionally linked to luxury and recognized quality and health claims for our body. The edible gold leaf are stimulating, energizing and protective retard skin aging and help eliminate toxins.
No doubt this quality sparkling wine with gold becomes an element of exclusivity and distinction, for the celebration of any event is perfect.
Available in traditional bottle of 750 ml. or 1500 ml size and Benjamin size of 200 ml.
Contact us:
E-mail: export@imomexport.com
Telephone: +34911867140

Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by Akins02324(m): 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2012
Made-wealth logistics is one of the reliable clearing and forwarding company here in Lagos .We help you to do the custom clearing while we deliver to your warehouse promptly.Our charges is moderate while we are open for negotiation.

You can contact Mr Sheriff Akintayo on 08186116315 for further discussion.
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by honeyguy(m): 3:57am On Sep 20, 2012
can you clear a container of wine without nafdac license and how much? 40ft
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by Akins02324(m): 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
Yes ,I can do that for you .But there is an advise i will like to give you just to make things more easier.You can either drop your phone number here or you call me on 08186116315 and lets talk beta.

Thanks
Akintayo Sheriff
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by Akins02324(m): 6:31pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hello Sir,
I will like to work with you as a clearing agent.My charges is very moderate and the delivery is promptly.Can we have a chat?
feelamong: Ros N Anfield Ltd is a wine and Champangne importer based in Lagos, and supplier of fine wines throughout Nigeria. As an independent wine merchant, we seek to provide a high level of service linked to the best possible price.

Telephone 08099155330
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by honeyguy(m): 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
Akins02324: Yes ,I can do that for you .But there is an advise i will like to give you just to make things more easier.You can either drop your phone number here or you call me on 08186116315 and lets talk beta.

Thanks
Akintayo Sheriff

am currently in Canada...send me an email bayoofi@yahoo.com
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by Akins02324(m): 5:39pm On Sep 22, 2012
Okay sir.

I have sent you email..check your inbox

Thanks

honeyguy:

am currently in Canada...send me an email bayoofi@yahoo.com
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by CashBag: 9:16am On Oct 09, 2012
Gone are the days when good business ideas are just buried and forgotten due to cash trap. Welcome to the new era. There is a way out. Just give it a try and you wont regret doing so. Cashbag is here for you. 08034544053
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by honeyguy(m): 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2012
Akins02324: Okay sir.

I have sent you email..check your inbox

Thanks

i didn't get your email...bayoofi@yahoo.com
Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by Nkute: 12:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
Good day everyone,
Please would like to get in contact with dealers here in Nigeria,in the wine and beverage industry.would love to meet with any firm which has Nafdac details already,we could partner to bring in russian vodka,cognac and georgian Wines.
Pls reach me patakhenry@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Importing European Wine Into Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 8:39am On Jul 24, 2013
dea importer u can call me on08184364147 or email at rajibabajide@yahoo.com to clear your goods with ease at the nigerian port

(1) (2) (Reply)

Updated : How To Make Money Selling Simple Quotes On Etsy-- Free Training!! / How To Sell Your Imported Products Fast (Online & Offline) / Dangote, Otedola Pictured At King Of Morocco Banguet At Aso Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.