Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love (41770 Views)

5 Disadvantages Of Dating A Rich Guy / Five Signs A Girl Is Falling In Love With You On Campus. / Man Needs Advice After Falling In Love With A Prostitute (Snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by kay29000(m): 10:39pm On Jan 19, 2016
First of all, let me point something out; I am not a misogynist. And I don't hate love. In fact, I love love. I love love so much that I would have been writing a romance novel every week if not that I have to worry about bad sentences and editing. Love is a beautiful thing, and one of the most wonderful feelings in the world. But just like every emotion in the world, it has its opposite. This is not a perfect world. For the world to even approach perfection, we have to be flawed, cos the universe has to be dual for it to exist at all.

Let me stop. I am going into the esoteric mombo jombo region. Back to the lecture at hand. Before I go on, I would love to say that this article is talking about love between a man and a woman, not the type of unconditional love that is between say me and my little 2 year old niece, Toni. Not the type of love between mother and child, or between siblings, but that electric feeling people get when they fall in love with each other. As it has lots of advantages, it also has a bunch of disadvantages too. I have taken time to list ten disadvantages of falling in love below.

10. Possibility of Having Your Heart Broken

Yep, as sweet as love is, there is always that possibility that you might get your heart broken. Think about it, what's the percentage of people that marry the first person they fell in love with as a teenager? Very low. What that means is that, an average adult would have gotten his/her heart broken at least 3-4 times before he or she finally finds the love of his/her life. If you have ever been heartbroken, I don't have to tell you how bad the feeling is.

9. Loss of Freedom

Men! This is one disadvantage that kept me from getting into a relationship for a while. I make spontaneous decisions some times, and if you are like me, you might make up your mind to go somewhere or do something that has the potential of changing your life, but when you are in a relationship, you have to think of your significant other and how your moves would affect them. That can sometimes be a pen in the a$$ for an ambitious person.

8. Drama

Oh yea, there is always the drama. Of cos that comes after the initial electrifying episode of love. I once had this girlfriend when I went to the East to serve. Almost every morning, she would come over to the room I shared with my friend and watch me sleep till I opened my eyes. We later decided to move into a two bedroom apartment together. The first few weeks were perfect, then came the drama. In the end, I had to move out for a while when things were starting to get ugly. Yup! There will always be some form of drama.

7. Giving Chance For its Polar Opposite- Hate

I am sure you have heard of the saying, 'there is a thin line between love and hate.' In fact there is a movie with that title staring Martin Lawrence. I remember watching that on social night back when I was in secondary school. Yea, there is really a thin line between love and hate. I am sure you know a few people that once loved each other but now hate each other so much. Some people even kill people they once loved so dearly. Love and hate are polar opposites, and it is not shocking to see one or two parties involved in a previous relationship slip to the other end of the spectrum when love dies out between them.

6. Limitation

This is similar to number 9. Love limits what you can do cos all your focus is on loving that one person.

5. Loss of Ambition

When you hear people that are madly in love talk, you hear them say stuff like, "you are my world," "nothing else matters to me but you," and stuff like that. Think about all the sacrifices that goes into building a business empire, or becoming a great musician, or writer, and tell me someone in love can really be ambitious. Did Michael Jackson have a great love life during his climb to the top? Does Aliko Dangote look like a hopeless romantic to you? In fact, the man has been married and divorced a total of three times. Something always has to give for you to be that great.

4. Cutting Off Friends and Family

I had one very close friend (he is still my close friend) most part of my teenage years, and I learnt first hand, one of the disadvantages of love. Once he got into the university, my friend met this lovely petite girl, and he fell so deep in-love, down the rabbit hole that he cut off every one of his friends. It was really shocking to me at the time, and it made me realize how powerful love can actually be. I am sure you have heard of men cutting off all their family and friends just because of the love of a woman. I am not saying it is bad to give more of your time to your lover than any one else, but I think it is unhealthy to cut-off everyone you knew prior to meeting the person in question.

3. Vulnerability

So many girls become so vulnerable while in love. I remember watching this old Chinese movie where this girl with a long ponytail was beating up everybody. Then she fell in love with this skinny dude, and the guy would push her around and she would start crying, even though she could break the guy's jaw with one blow.

You also have the hundreds or thousands of people who fall for online scams because they have been blinded by love. Love makes even the toughest, strictest person vulnerable.

2. Possibility of Being Depressed and Suicidal at the End of It

Oh my! This is one very bad part of falling in love...the end. Most people go into depression after love ends, and some even vow never to love again. Some become suicidal and just want to take their own life.

1. Falling in Love is Expensive

Yup! Falling in love is damn too expensive. I am not saying you spend more money while in love, no, the opposite can even be the case. What I mean is that when you are in love, all the opportunities you forgo makes love expensive...cos it is costing you a lot to be and stay in love.

Yup! That's it folks. With all I have listed, I still love the feeling of love, and must especially, the feeling of falling in love. As the popular saying goes, 'it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.'

http://outoftheordinary101..com.ng/2016/01/top-10-disadvantages-of-falling-in-love.html

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by kay29000(m): 10:55pm On Jan 19, 2016
Oops!
Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by kay29000(m): 11:00pm On Jan 19, 2016
I keep clicking on the 'quote' button instead of the 'modify' button. There really should be a delete button on here.
Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by Emac34: 11:01pm On Jan 19, 2016
Lovenever knew it still existgrin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by cana882(m): 11:05pm On Jan 19, 2016
Guy love is terrible when your heart is shattered bro.. I still find it difficult to genuinely love again

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by kay29000(m): 11:06pm On Jan 19, 2016
Emac34:
Lovenever knew it still existgrin

It does o!
Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by kay29000(m): 11:07pm On Jan 19, 2016
cana882:
Guy love is terrible when your heart is shattered bro.. I still find it difficult to genuinely love again

Yea, I understand. I know a couple of guys that became players after they got their hearts broken by the one they truly loved.
Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by Emac34: 11:09pm On Jan 19, 2016
kay29000:

It does o!
to the dumb a*s that think it dose as for me i left the trash for lawma

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by cana882(m): 11:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
kay29000:

Yea, I understand. I know a couple of guys that became players after they got their hearts broken by the one they truly loved.
just still find it difficult being a player. Hope d right gul comes along dat'll mak me forget d nightmare of luv

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by yomi007k(m): 11:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
Love spelt backwards is "evol"...lol....."evil" grin
Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by kay29000(m): 11:21pm On Jan 19, 2016
cana882:
just still find it difficult being a player. Hope d right gul comes along dat'll mak me forget d nightmare of luv

Cool.
Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by cana882(m): 11:22pm On Jan 19, 2016
kay29000:

Cool.
u in love?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by kay29000(m): 11:27pm On Jan 19, 2016
cana882:
u in love?

Nope...not right now.
Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by cana882(m): 11:46pm On Jan 19, 2016
kay29000:

Nope...not right now.
kk bro.. let's keep hoping to find love wherever it's hiding
Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by kay29000(m): 12:03am On Jan 20, 2016
cana882:
kk bro.. let's keep hoping to find love wherever it's hiding

Yea
Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by Nobody: 3:32am On Jan 20, 2016
There's some truth here.
But that's not the best pic,that guy looks like he's enjoyin' the sufferin' and pain, unless he the one givin' it.
Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by firstking01(m): 6:47am On Jan 20, 2016
Yet, in the end, man will still fall inlove grin
Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by kay29000(m): 8:52am On Jan 20, 2016
QueenValerie:
There's some truth here.
But that's not the best pic,that guy looks like he's enjoyin' the sufferin' and pain, unless he the one givin' it.
He doesn't really look happy...He looks undecided, whether this thing called love is worth it or not.
Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by kay29000(m): 8:54am On Jan 20, 2016
firstking01:
Yet, in the end, man will still fall inlove grin

Yup! Sometimes you don't plan to do so, it just happens.
Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by blackjack21(m): 10:06am On Jan 20, 2016
But the advantage may far surpasses the disadvantage.
Love, such a dreadful bond. - Davy Jones

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by blackjack21(m): 10:18am On Jan 20, 2016
QueenValerie:
There's some truth here.

Some guys look like that when they are scheming for murder.

Beware.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 20, 2016
blackjack21:

Some guys look like that when they are scheming for murder.

Beware.
Oh,okay smileyThanks for the warnin',I'll heed it.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by blackjack21(m): 11:31am On Jan 20, 2016
QueenValerie:
Oh,okay smileyThanks for the warnin',I'll heed it.

no i'm just doing my civic duty. cheesy
Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2016
blackjack21:

no i'm just doing my civic duty. cheesy
You sir deserve a medal for outstanding service wink

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 20, 2016
*in Dbanj's voice* Love is a beautiful thing tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by blackjack21(m): 11:38am On Jan 20, 2016
QueenValerie:
You sir deserve a medal for outstanding service wink

gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Disadvantages Of Falling In Love by Rukkydelta(f): 12:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
Very true. Only a fool falls in love

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When Your Sweet Girlfriend Turns Into A Wicked Wife After Marrying Her / 7 Reasons You Should Marry A Working-Class Lady / When A Boyfriend Gives His Girlfriend Money, Whats It Called?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.