Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court (19700 Views)

Precious Chikwendu Storms Out Of Court, Judge Fails To Appear / Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court / PDP Senators Kick As Buhari Fails To Submit List Of Ministers - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by NigeriaReports: 1:14pm On Jan 20, 2016
For reasons that were not stated, Sambo Dasuki, former national security adviser (NSA), was absent on Wednesday at the federal high court, Abuja, where his trial for money laundering and illegal possession of firearms was scheduled to continue. This prompted ‎Adeniyi Ademola, the judge, to order the federal government to produce the accused before the court on February 16. He said the accused person must be physically present to face the criminal charges against him. “I am worried that the accused is not here. I do not want to set a bad precedent,” he said. “Except the court gives express order for the defendant not to be in court, the accused must be brought to court from wherever he is. The accused must be here because I am not sure if what I am doing right now in the absence of the accused is not an illegality. “Government and whoever is concerned must endeavour to do the necessary thing. The accused, having been formally charged in court, must be produced in court for trial on the appointed days in compliance with provisions of the law.” In the course of the proceedings, Dipo Okpeseyi, counsel to the federal government, withdrew an application seeking to stop Dasuki’s bail. The court thereafter struck out the application. Also, Okpeseyi filed an application seeking protection of witnesses in the trial of the former NSA, but Adeniyi ‎adjourned ruling on the application (for secret trial) and for the commencement of trial to February 16. Dasuki is facing a four-count charge of money laundering and illegal possession of firearms brought against him by the Department of State Services (DSS).

Quoting https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-dasuki-fails-to-show-up-in-court

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by NigeriaReports: 1:15pm On Jan 20, 2016
May be still thinking Why , see where he was click http://www.viviangist.com/dasukigate-sambo-dasuki-fails-to-show-up-in-court

3 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by jopretty(f): 1:17pm On Jan 20, 2016
I hope he .... lipsrsealed hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by DropShot: 1:19pm On Jan 20, 2016
He refused to come nah.

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 20, 2016
Can't the Judge fix tomorrow? Why February 15?
Justice Ademola sef
When is High Chief Dokpesi appearing in court this month?

11 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by jlinkd78(m): 1:23pm On Jan 20, 2016
After an open media trial n 'conviction', u are pushing for secret trial in d court.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Kx: 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
The same court he has been crying Rule of Law to defend himself. Why the absence?

I am worried that Dasuki by this act did not present PDP supporters something to chew on in his defense.

4 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by TedBaker(m): 1:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
E beta say hin drink rat poison die sef

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Osakah24(m): 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
Kx:
The same court he has been crying Rule of Law to defend himself. Why the absence?

I am worried that Dasuki by this act did not present PDP supporters something to chew on in his defense.
wake up from your slumber,Dasuki is supposed to be with the DSS,so if he was absent ,blame the FG.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Amberon: 3:01pm On Jan 20, 2016
sentence him to 3500 yes in prison so his great grand children can continue the sentence

6 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by TheArchangel(f): 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2016
Shouldn't the court charge both Dasuki and DSS with something. The former for not coming, the latter for not producing the former.

12 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
i love nnamdi kanu that guy keeps flooring DSS in court
bring on dasuki and lets see
now FG is so sad nnamdi won again and they sure know dasuki wont
they told DSS not to come
fear the north
by feb 15 now they will adjourn the case again

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Fleshly: 3:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
jlinkd78:
After an open media trial n 'conviction', u are pushing for secret trial in d court.

Honestly, this time s what I don't understand, secret trial, after open medial trial. Well, I know Buhari will fail for sure!

10 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
Fleshly:

Honestly, this time s what I don't understand, secret trial, after open medial trial. Well, I know Buhari will fail for sure!
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo it should be i know buhari has failed already.
he is a failure since his stint as military head of state

18 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by cutetopsey(f): 3:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
Something is fishy.......I can smell it
Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Trailblazer1(m): 3:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
grin grin grin

Dasuki the generous Yam distributor

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Software202(m): 3:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
He might be afraid...
Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Trailblazer1(m): 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
Txonyi:
i love nnamdi kanu that guy keeps flooring DSS in court
bring on dasuki and lets see
now FG is so sad nnamdi won again and they sure know dasuki wont
they told DSS not to come
fear the north
by feb 15 now they will adjourn the case again

grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by humanbeing5th(f): 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
g
Vig86:
Anybody with the news about Saraki's case? Have they resolved it?
forget dat shiit my guy, dis buhari government corruption is only for witch hunting, dey only want to deal with saraki of cus he goes against d party wish by making himself a senate, but no dat he don cooperate, dey do buried him case.

12 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by slimpoppa(m): 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
But why
Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
Buhari for his mind, he be the real gee, commom lassa disease he can't control, GEJ control ebola within 2 weeks

7 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by joystickextend1(m): 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hmmmm okay
Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Aitee1: 4:01pm On Jan 20, 2016
Thief!!! angry
Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 20, 2016
Anybody with the news about Saraki's case? Have they resolved it?

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Ayoswit(f): 4:02pm On Jan 20, 2016
k
Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by bisdam9086(m): 4:02pm On Jan 20, 2016
It is alright.
Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by azeecoboy(m): 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
i thought he is still under house arrest??

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by wizkidblogger(f): 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
Inconclusive......

2 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Aspireahead(m): 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
i hope he has not been poisoned in prison though....the DSS should stop all these nonsense and try these guys in court...haba

4 Likes

Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by Software202(m): 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
hmmm.... God help.
Re: Dasuki Fails To Show Up In Court by emajoe: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
They don't remember his address again?
( ...beginning of the end..)

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Never Seen Where Democracy Is Mocked Like In Nigerian – Dogara / Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos / Osinbajo's Law Firm To Offer Free Legal Services To Brekete Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.