Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Early Marriage In Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Early Marriage In Islam (17731 Views)

Marriage ⚭ In Islam : Importance Of Husband And Wife, Romance, Sex,etc / Cousin Marriage in Islam / Early Marriage In Islam In Relation to Anti-islam polices In Nigeria – Dr Alaro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Early Marriage In Islam by HCF(m): 10:20am On Jan 22, 2016
Thoughtful and apt piece!. But,there are many challenges standing in the way of many Muslim singles these days...May Allah help us.
Re: Early Marriage In Islam by captaing59(m): 10:22am On Jan 22, 2016
Deejay1000:
Jazakallahu kairan....
Tnx op for this topic, the problem's are:
1. finding the riqht partner to marry this days is an herculan task. Even if u the guy is ready to settle down and date only 1gal u wil be scarf of sincerity and trust 4rm her. Ofcus is nt nly the guy dat xperience it even the galz also. Xo it wil be more profitin to take ur time well b4 u court the pesin u wana marry to avoid regret later in life.
2.anoda problem is financial income u may want to get married this year or the next but due to the ecönomic condition of the country and the serious lack of job in the country that miqht hinder u 4rm marrying..
3. Anoda point is maturity , patience, and experience this three are very important to enter into any relationship to avoid any future problems with ur partner.
#Juma'at mubarak

I only subscribe to your second point....the rest are not problems

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage In Islam by HCF(m): 10:27am On Jan 22, 2016
JackBizzle:
This is the religious problem in Nigeria.

4) Patience is also a virtue in islam, isn't it? If one doesn't find a suitable partner, is he or she meant to rush? Do you know how hard it is to find a suitable partner in some societies? Ask any muslim woman or man living in certain parts of the west or secular cities, there are not many faithful muslims to enter relationships with. Sometimes, we have to wait/work for good things to come.

Marrying early is great but we must consider the variables, especially the kind of partner we want before we enter into it.

Salaam.

I quite agree with all your points,especially the 4th. May Allah make it easier for us to carry out our earthly responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage In Islam by Deejay1000(m): 10:30am On Jan 22, 2016
captaing59:

I only subscribe to your second point....the rest are not problems

tell me about it
Re: Early Marriage In Islam by sms87: 10:52am On Jan 22, 2016
personal59:
EARLY MARRIAGE IN ISLAM.
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem.
Zina (Fornication) is now the most common act
in our
Muslim communities today subhaaAllah. This
major sin
which distances us away from the blessings of
Allah is now
been taken as a fun game Astaghfirullah!. The
only solution
to this is Fear of Allah and Marriage.
Marriage can be defined as a mutual relationship
ordained
by Allah for the believers as an act of ibadah
between two
people who love, trust, care, understand and
respect each
other for the sake of Allah so as to attain Jannah,
procreate
children,
fulfill their sexual desires, unite and enjoy
companionship.
The Prophet (SAW) said, there is nothing better
for two
people who love each other than marriage (Jamii
tirmidhi).
The importance of marriage can be traced back to
the early
days of Adam alayhisalam...
When Allah created him, the first thing Allah gave
him is
knowledge, and the second thing Allah gave him
is
marriage. Subhan'Allah!. This shows the
significance of
Nikkah.
Adam alahyi salaam felt lonely, Allaah didn't give
him a TV to
watch, he didn't give him PS3, or blackberry, or a
car or
laptop, but Allah gave him our mother in
marriage. How can
we now hesitate to marry today?
Brothers and sisters in Islaam, why are you still
single? Are
you not tired of having wet dreams?
Are you not tired of staring at the opposite
gender? Are you
not tired of attending other people's marriage
while you
refuse or delay to marry?
Money is never an excuse, some companions were almost
penniless as at the time they married but became
wealthy
after marriage.
May Allah aid us in our efforts to marry for Allah
sake and
may Allah protect our marriages. Aameen!!!
Aameen, thanks 4 d good write up
Re: Early Marriage In Islam by dazsolution(m): 10:59am On Jan 22, 2016
Marriage is Sunnah, part of our religion.
(A) Marry & be rewarded
(B) Fornicate & be punished.
A good Muslim should not even 'go near' the option B.

Re: Early Marriage In Islam by muhakeem(m): 11:07am On Jan 22, 2016
ilyas26:
I don't like the word early marriage, ppl should have the liberty to marry whenever they chose. Am a muslim, but I don't support the idea where immature gals are given out in marriage and later end up with Visico Vaginal fistula, bcoz their body isn't ready for the rigours of motherhood
but u can have sex.. but u like the word early fornication..., do what pleases God and not yhu

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage In Islam by tng(f): 11:07am On Jan 22, 2016
balash:

Been a Muslim automatically gives u edge to understand things before commenting so you don't hurt other people. The topic was very clear? 'EARLY MARRIAGE' Not 'MARRY LITTLE GIRL' understand topics before commenting so u don't type rubbish. Salaam

Much as you are right, we cant shy away from the fact that early marriage has been bastardized by some Muslims to a large extent. I guess that what he was trying to say.

@OP

Marriage has not stopped anyone from committing zina or adultery so its only the fear of Allah that can do this.

2 Likes

Re: Early Marriage In Islam by muhakeem(m): 11:10am On Jan 22, 2016
Ayaba03:
Nice post OP, i'm stil a student myself, married wit a kid @400l. Alhamdulillah, wit Allah all tins are possible. D semeste i gav birth was challenging but had no carryova even 4rm my 1st year. My other mates dat are nt married had carryova(s) (not teasn dem but feeln grateful,hardwk determination and supportive hubby) . It's a mindset u knw if u have it mind right frm d start u will fail doing so and so,then u will no doubt. One other thing I noticed is that some students though not married would suddenly appear with pregnancy,don't ask me how come,it doesnt matter if they are muslims or Xtians,am sure they wish they are married also. So i urge my fellow sisters nt to tink dat if u marry early it wl cause a barrier in ur career, dats absolutely nt true. Idina siratal mustaqeem
nice one from u.... my elder sister did same and she graduated with two kids and her result Insha'Allah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Early Marriage In Islam by gaffig: 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2016

Marrying early is great but we must consider the variables, especially the kind of partner we want before we enter into it.

Salaam. Well there are things to learn b4 going into it but ur points don't tally wt them, u are speaking from ur View but Allah's view is the perfect one, Pls learn more abt Islam, Salam alaeykum

[/quote]
Re: Early Marriage In Islam by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
Mehn...

So with all the high incidence of vvf raging over underdeveloped countries, people are still talking of child marriages?...
More sickening is the weak attempt at disguising it in the name of early marriage

Pls Nigerans, let's stop sacrificing common sense, humanity and literacy on the altar of religion. Condemn what is evil. Let this young girls go to school to make a future for themselves. They weren't called to be slaves or to be locked up in our kitchens

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage In Islam by SweetSoup(m): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
Jazakallahu Khairan Op, i totally believe in the concept of early marriage by mutual consent (not forced marriage ooh). May Almighty Allah bless all men and women who are still praying for a life partner, and may Allah bless all those who are praying for children and bless us too.
Re: Early Marriage In Islam by nijabazaar: 12:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
OldJohn:
Mehn...

So with all the high incidence of vvf raging over underdeveloped countries, people are still talking of child marriages?...
More sickening is the weak attempt at disguising it in the name of early marriage

Pls Nigerans, let's stop sacrificing common sense, humanity and literacy on the altar of religion. Condemn what is evil. Let this young girls go to school to make a future for themselves. They weren't called to be slaves or to be locked up in our kitchens

Yes o, Seconded....

GALS SHOULD GO TO SCHOOL AND BE ABLE TO DECIDE FOR THEMSELVES....A trained woman (educated in modern education) is a great blessing to the nation. An educated gal makes informed decisions especially on the number of children she can have and take care of. An educated woman will understand the need for family planning and not breeding for breeding sake.

An educated woman often, repeat often , ensures her children goes to school...not just Arabic education.

STOP VVF at all cost....even if it means going against tradition.

2 Likes

Re: Early Marriage In Islam by verycheese: 1:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
May Allah help us to be better muslims.

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage In Islam by ridious(m): 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
[color=#006600][/color][size=8pt][/size]5) Pedophilia has to be mentioned here. How early is "too early"? This is because, it is common now both in the north for some people to look for brides as young as 14. Say "NO" to such practices. Say "NO" to VVF.
[/quote] [b]5)
but pls let me ask you a question, HOW OLD WAS AISHA WHEN SHE MARRIED THE PROPHET? Let try to understand this concept that; if you can't do better in your act of ibadah, don't critise those trying to accomplish theirs. EARY MARRIAGE IS SUNNAH
Re: Early Marriage In Islam by balash(m): 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
tng:

Much as you are right, we cant shy away from the fact that early marriage has been bastardized by some Muslims to a large extent. I guess that what he was trying to say.

@OP

Marriage has not stopped anyone from committing zina or adultery so its only the fear of Allah that can do this.

Yea I understand that, but I guess that issue is with the government, they need to have a specified age for marriage in nigeria and surely without the intent of the prophet married young. We need to understand nigeria is not an islamic country as well as marriage for little girls are bastardized sincerely. That thoughts of marrying girls less than 18 is absurd. Poverty and lack of education is surely part and parcel of this problem. And surely needs been visited. May the Good lord guide us to the right Path.

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage In Islam by AABT: 2:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
jazakallahu khairan! very well written... may Almighty Allah bless us with d best of spouses
Re: Early Marriage In Islam by Trottle: 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
OldJohn:
Mehn...

Such nonsensical generalization. undecided A girl in modern times can be through with her studies at 21, could have gotten a job or become self- employed at 22. And she Can MARRY at that 22. A 21-22 year old is fit to marry and this is an EARLY marriage. Stop skewing things to suit your assumptions. we are no morons here, Good day.
Re: Early Marriage In Islam by muraj1(m): 4:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
JackBizzle:
This is the religious problem in Nigeria.

Both the Quran and Bible have verses telling us to use wisdom in making choices. However, we in Nigeria just readily accept a conservative version of religion and continue without analyzing our choices.

Marriage is not a simple thing. There are many variables that have to be analyzed before settling down.

Here are the things one must think of with early marriage-

1) Marrying early has many benefits such as being able to have children at an early age when the body is still active and also, seeing your children becoming adults before one is very old.

2) Marrying early does not solve fornication or adultery. If one rushes into marriage, he or she might find himself or herself longing for divorce to meet a more suitable partner.

3) Maturity and responsibility are needed for any marriage to survive. Many young people do not have these two traits. A young wife or husband miight not be mature enough to handle marital responsibilities.

4) Patience is also a virtue in islam, isn't it? If one doesn't find a suitable partner, is he or she meant to rush? Do you know how hard it is to find a suitable partner in some societies? Ask any muslim woman or man living in certain parts of the west or secular cities, there are not many faithful muslims to enter relationships with. Sometimes, we have to wait/work for good things to come.

5) Pedophilia has to be mentioned here. How early is "too early"? This is because, it is common now both in the north for some people to look for brides as young as 14. Say "NO" to such practices. Say "NO" to VVF.

Salaam.

Salaam alaykum,

No matter the variables, our sincerity is the most important. If we have good intention and sincerely put our trust in Allah, we will certainly succeed in all our endeavors.

Islam is not particular about age but the people involved should be matured and of sound mind. As Muslims, we should educate themselves (and our children) worldly and religiously.

We all try to rely on our intellects to make every decisions like non-muslims forgetting that Allah (SWT) blessed us with a divine compass (solatul istikhara) to be used for divine guidance in all our endeavors.

Lastly, let all of us know that whatever we do sincerely for the sake of Allah, we will never regret.

Maa salaam
Re: Early Marriage In Islam by Walexz02(m): 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
Nice write up op, may Allah reward you
Re: Early Marriage In Islam by PHEMIEY(m): 5:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
daretodiffer:
Also marriage does not mean instant procreation. So money cannot be an excuse at all.

yh..so on point

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramadan 14442AH: Countries With Shortest And Longest Fasting Period (pics) / Sufism In Ilorin ; A Struggle For Survival.. / Things That Do Not Break The Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.