Stats: 3,148,495 members, 7,801,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Opportunities for Females in the tech world - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Opportunities for Females in the tech world (7213 Views)

Funding Opportunities For Startups / Experienced Programming Opportunities Available Abroad!! (2) (3) (4)

Opportunities for Females in the tech world by JannahGem: 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
About
Django Girls is a non-profit organization that empowers and helps women to organize free, one-day programming workshops by providing tools, resources and support. It was born in July 2014 in Berlin and started by two Olas: Sitarska and Sendecka. Today, Django Girls is a volunteer run organization with hundreds of people contributing to bring more women to Python & Django community.

Mission
Our goal is to bring more amazing women into the world of technology and increase the diversity in the Django community. We believe that technology is for people and everyone should be able to build it. We are making technology more approachable by creating simple tools and resources designed with empathy.

Workshops
Each Django Girls event is a free, one-day workshop for 30-60 people about building your first application using HTML, CSS, Python and Django. A typical workshop takes 8 hours and people work in small, 3-person groups with a coach dedicated to each group.

To apply for the Feb 2016 training....https://djangogirls.org/lagos/apply/
Application closes 24th of January.

Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by JannahGem: 7:22am On Feb 21, 2016
Google Celebrates International Women’s Day to Support Women in Technology – Apply
To celebrate International Women’s Day, Google is inviting women around the world interested in Technology for the Women Techmaker Global Event. In addition to other locations around the world, the event will be held in Lagos, Nigeria.

Read more: http://www.afterschoolafrica.com/11701/google-international-womens-day-techmaker/#ixzz40mTWcTvV

To apply, visit https://www.womentechmakers.com/iwd16
Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by JannahGem: 7:30am On Feb 21, 2016
TECH WOMEN-GO-ENTREPRENEURIAL 2016

THINK GLOBAL, ACT LOCAL.
March 30th – 14th August 2016
Lagos, Nigeria

Stage 1 :Training

A 2 day Entrepreneurial Training for screened contestants

Stage 2 : Idea Submission

200 selected contestants will submit their innovative ideas
Stage 3 :The Bootcamp

40 women with the best ideas will be paired into 20 Teams.

Stage 4 : The Pitch|Award

Only 10 teams will make it to the award ceremony, where they will be given the opportunity to pitch to the Tech Women Academy Panelists, the Jury and the Audience

Register...https://www.techwomen.com.ng
Application closes 29th of February
Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2016
I just think it's rather weird that women need support to go into tech. guys do it all the time. even when they are ostracized.

Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by JannahGem: 1:22pm On Mar 02, 2016
Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by JannahGem: 1:25pm On Mar 02, 2016
Teempakguy:
I just think it's rather weird that women need support to go into tech. guys do it all the time. even when they are ostracized.

I get your point but women just started getting support now but it is still not well documented.
Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 02, 2016
How can I apply?

Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by asalimpo(m): 2:53pm On Mar 02, 2016
JannahGem:

I get your point but women just started getting support now but it is still not well documented.

Why do women need support? Who is discouraging them? Men?

The world is always making the woman out to be the victim.
And women are fuelling this stinking thinking.
Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by JannahGem: 9:25am On Mar 03, 2016
dhtml18:
How can I apply?

Sorry for the misinformation

Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by torr2009: 5:22pm On Mar 03, 2016
Please DO NOT send any contact information or any other information to anyone concerning the Code 4 Impact program. No individual or organization is authorized to represent either the Code 4 Impact program or any of its supporters.

Selection process for the program has been closed and no further public information has been released. All other activities are STRICTLY BY INVITATION from the organizers. The organization will NEVER [/b]ask you to send your contact details to an individual nor use individuals as points of contact.

[b]Again, selection to participate in the Code 4 Impact program has CLOSED!

Thank you.
Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by torr2009: 5:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
dhtml18:
How can I apply?

Please DO NOT [/b]send any contact information or any other information to anybody concerning the Code 4 Impact program. No one is [/b]authorized to represent either the Code 4 Impact program or any of its supporters.

Selection process for the program has been[b] closed
and no further public information has been released. All other activities are STRICTLY BY INVITATION from the organizers. The organization will NEVER [/b]ask you to send your contact details to an individual nor use individuals as points of contact.

Again, selection to participate in the Code 4 Impact program has CLOSED!

Thank you.

Thank you.
Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hmn. . .
Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by JannahGem: 11:21pm On Mar 03, 2016
torr2009:

Please DO NOT [/b]send any contact information or any other information to anybody concerning the Code 4 Impact program. No one is [/b]authorized to represent either the Code 4 Impact program or any of its supporters.

Selection process for the program has been[b] closed
and no further public information has been released. All other activities are STRICTLY BY INVITATION from the organizers. The organization will NEVER [/b]ask you to send your contact details to an individual nor use individuals as points of contact.

Again, selection to participate in the Code 4 Impact program has CLOSED!

Thank you.

Thank you.

Hello
I got the message from a friend and I sent it as received
I have nothing to gain from it, just creating awareness
I asked him if I could send other people's details after I sent mine and he said I could, that is why i uploaded it here.
Taking it down now since you seem to be in the know about the program.

Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by JannahGem: 11:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
Closed
Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by JannahGem: 8:58pm On Mar 07, 2016
Hello ladies/gentlemen

More opportunities are here
Register for the upcoming djangogirls events in Nigeria as a participant or as a mentor

https://djangogirls.org/ogbomoso/......djangogirls ogbomoso
https://djangogirls.org/oau/......djangogirls Ile-Ife

Register early as limited spaces are available

Watch out for the next djangogirls event coming to your doorstep
Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by JannahGem: 10:21am On May 10, 2016
If you are a woman and want to learn how to make websites, we have good news for you: we are holding a one-day workshop for beginners!

It will take place on 6th, August, 2016 at Ota.

We believe the IT industry will greatly benefit from bringing more women into technology. We want to give you an opportunity to learn how to program and become a fab programmer!

Workshops are free of charge and if you cannot afford coming to Ota but are very motivated to learn and then share your knowledge with others, we may have some funds to help you out with your travel costs and accommodation. Don't wait too long: you can apply for the workshop only until 20th of June! Visit https://djangogirls.org/ota/ to apply....

For questions and inquiries, mail us at ota@djangogirls.org
or follow us on Twitter @djangogirlsOta
Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by ALLU: 8:15am On May 12, 2016
asalimpo:

asalimpo asalimpo...why so angry? This is not a male v. female issue. I'm a guy so I understand the misunderstanding. I think you and a lot of people are missing the point here. The circle of girls and ladies who are educated(education as in exposure) and are circumstantially placed in societies where ambitions above or below familial servitude are considered tolerable is still a VERY small percentage of females generally. I also while some of these guys hammering at the whole"women in this women in that" mantra may be misinformed or simply conformist and looking to make monetary gain or get attention, most of them are simply doing this: trying to show people (both men and women) that it can be done, because birds born in a cage think flying is an illness. Any questions?

Re: Opportunities for Females in the tech world by Nobody: 9:52am On May 12, 2016
asalimpo:

I kind of find your post a bit truthful. . . .i support you o jare.

Picture And 16 step How To Drive Manual Motor Vehicle / Programming - What About Newbies Like Me? / 39 Android Apps With Source Code For Beginners To Learn From & Make Their Own