Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos (21605 Views)

Robbers Shoot SARS Officer Dead On His Way Back Home In Umuahia(photos) / Armed Robbers Shoot Man Dead Inside A Lexus Jeep In Owerri (Graphic Pics) / Policemen Flee As Robbers Shoot Bank Customer Dead In Front Of Government House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by ijustdey: 3:21pm On Jan 20, 2016
There was pandemonium on Monday at the Ibafo Police Division, Lagos state as armed robbers shot a security guard to death in front of the station.

The deceased identified only as Kayode, a member of the Oodua People’s Congress, was among residents who responded to the distress call of a couple abducted by the robbers in their Landcruiser SUV.

The couple, Oluwakunmi Ayodeji, an engineer, and his pregnant wife, Oyin, were reportedly returning from a maternity centre behind the police station when they were attacked by the gang.
Policemen at the Ibafo division were said to have hurriedly shut the gate to the station and shunned calls for help.

The robbers, after getting to the Lotto end of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, reportedly shot Oluwakunmi in the eye region and abandoned him and his wife on the road.
A family friend of the couple, Bisola Olojede, said she had taken the couple to the maternity centre where Oyin had a scan and they were leaving the centre for a hospital in Ikeja when the robbers struck.

Olojede said, “The incident happened around 10pm. The woman, who is my friend, was pregnant and her doctor recommended that she should do a scan.

“I was called to take them to a private maternity centre in Ibafo. From the maternity centre, we decided to go to a hospital in Ikeja. As her husband opened the vehicle doors with a remote, she entered and sat at the front, while I took my seat at the back.

“Her husband had just entered the SUV when a man suddenly appeared and started dragging the steering with him. I alighted from the car and called for help.

“I saw a man and I begged him to assist us, but he ignored me. I never knew he was among the robbers,” Olojede added, stating that she moved away when she saw that the robbers were armed.
She disclosed to The Punch that a few minutes later, they drove away with Oluwakunmi and his wife.

Olojede explained that she ran after the vehicle and started calling for help, adding that some residents, including Kayode, joined her in chasing the vehicle.
When the robbers got to the front of the Ibafo Police Station, they were said to have stopped and fired into the crowd of pursuers.

Olojede said, “The bullet hit one of us and the man died immediately. The police heard the gunshot and rushed out. I started begging them to help us, saying there was a pregnant woman in critical condition in the vehicle.

“There were two of them, a man and a woman. But they shunned me. I called my husband on the telephone and told him what happened. He said I should call the police and I told him I was with them but they were not doing anything. When the police heard that, they quickly shut their gate,” she added.

The policemen were said to have opened their gate and invited Olojede to make statements.
“Later, they asked if there was anybody that could identify the man that was shot dead and two men came forward and said he was a member of the OPC and his name was Kayode.

“They then put him in the same van they were supposed to use to chase the robbers, preparing him for the mortuary. They started asking me all kinds of irrelevant questions.
“They told their DPO on the telephone that they had attended to me,” she added.
Oluwakunmi’s friend, Jejelaye Gbadamosi, said he had been admitted in an undisclosed hospital.

“They dropped them around Lotto, and drove off in their jeep. It was a Good Samaritan that assisted them. My friend and his wife are in different hospitals. The bullet pierced him around the eye,” Gbadamosi reportedly disclosed.
He said they suspect that the robbers came out from a brothel close to the maternity area.

“The place is notorious. The police did not also do well. They didn’t respond until their DPO called them,” he added.
A source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said despite witnessing the killing, the Ibafo Police Division did not send signals to surrounding stations.

However, confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Ogun State Command, Muyiwa Adejobi, denied that the police absconded and shut its gate against the residents.

“The couple, who were abducted, were rescued in the Redemption Camp area, and they have regained their freedom. They are being treated in a clinic.

“We have a confirmation that somebody was shot dead around the police station and the police heard a woman calling for help; and she was attended to.
“Nobody shut any gate; it is not possible,” the PPRO said.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/20/policemen-abscond-as-robbers-shoot-guard-abduct-couple-in-lagos/

lalasticlala
Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by Mortiple(m): 3:47pm On Jan 20, 2016
This is so pathetic.

May the soul of the gallantry OPC member rest in peace.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by cornoil(m): 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
shocked sad
Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by allanphash7(m): 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by saasala(m): 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
cheesy
Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by engrkaz(m): 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
Speechless

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by cutetopsey(f): 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
shocked Awwww!

Can you imagin?

The same police Korede Bello dey campaign for....... who is to be blame here, Korede Bello that hyped the policemen or the policemen that failed to perform their duty

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by Victorchuks4(m): 4:32pm On Jan 20, 2016
It happenes in the zoo

5 Likes

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by oduastates: 4:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
Useless force

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
ROTFL.

Korede Bello, come and see your people o.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by Reign4560(m): 4:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
Haba

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by MansaMoussa: 4:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
Polizia!
Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by hemartins(m): 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
Nigeria Police are quick to attack innocent citizens but can't protect.

RIP to the departed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
:od police no come out shoooo

1 Like

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by cana882(m): 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
Police self na human being o

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by ajepako(f): 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
But if na okada, danfo and marwa riders, they will be playing commando

But with armed robbers they abscond

Poor innocent soul lost to police cowardice..

A won werey

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by amunkita(m): 4:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
If an OPC member could be shot nd he died, who now is police

Police only power in Nigeria re reserved for the Okada riders..

RIP OPC member with fake Jazz...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by callJesu: 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
This is serious and may the state of the security of the nation receive quick recovery. Nigeria will survive

1 Like

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by Aspireahead(m): 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
na these people wan go arrest Tompolo?..alright
Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by Software202(m): 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by ademoladeji(m): 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

btw Is Ibafo now in Lagos

1 Share

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
how we roll in Nigeria.

you provide your power, water, security and sometimes roads..

but if gunshot killed OPC, wetin you expect policeman wey no get charm to do
Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by otokx(m): 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
Going for a scan at 10pm ?
Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by tottinova: 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
ijustdey:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/20/policemen-abscond-as-robbers-shoot-guard-abduct-couple-in-lagos/

Police will always be police

I know the APC and PDP supporters will both agree on this
Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by cowgirl9090: 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
Is this the paradise we are living in that jayfolarin was talking about .

2 Likes

Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by signature2012(m): 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2016
Wish the couple quick recovery.

Though OPC do have "ayeta"?
Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by tolexy05(m): 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2016
Nd u leave dere. Oponu ayirada
Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by cowgirl9090: 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
Re: Policemen Abscond As Robbers Shoot Guard, Abduct Couple In Lagos by Smellymouth: 4:47pm On Jan 20, 2016
RIP to the dead

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Grandmother Sold Baby Over Father’s Failure To Pay Bride Price / SCAM Alert! Konga Warns Nigerians About The Konga Airtime Giveaway [PICTURED] / Illegal Arm Manufacturers Arrested In Delta By Soldiers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.